http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 11:05:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Minecraft Succession - GT Style  (Read 15505 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 23, 2010, 03:09:33 AM »

grabbed it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 25, 2010, 08:52:57 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 23, 2010, 03:09:33 AM

grabbed it.

sorry guys, I grabbed it and then forgot about it.  since I didn't get anything done whoever wants to go next can just grab Slabety's last link.

Because I can,
Slabety
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #402 on: October 25, 2010, 01:55:16 PM »

I'll just grab it for today then. I'll re-up tonight.
Slabety
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #403 on: October 27, 2010, 11:37:50 PM »

OK. After lots and lots (and lots) of mining I have my huge area clear.

View from above. Now to put my evil plan to work. I even took extra time to go an extra layer down so that I could lay dirt across the whole thing (since I had so much of it - and so it would look the same).

Just a picture of the chests that were used to store the plethora of dirt and stone that was mined. I found a good bit of coal, iron, and gold too. I also had to tear down a good bit of trees which I replanted on the other side of the hill. Is anyone interested in the save now? Just didn't want to upload if it's going to be me grabbing it again.  icon_biggrin

Let me know and I'll upload it ASAP.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 27, 2010, 11:41:20 PM »

I'm kinda sucked into Fable 3 at the moment, but I'm sure once the halloween update hits interest will be high again.

Because I can,
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 28, 2010, 09:44:12 AM »

Currently stuck in the airport in Amsterdam thanks to the Air Traffic Controller strikes in France which caused my flight out of Toulouse to be delayed by over 2 hours.  I managed to get on a later flight getting me home about 10 hours later than originally planned.  I would love to take the save but it will likely be a few days before I can do so.  This huge delay is really gonna screw me over on sleep.
Vidiot

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 28, 2010, 10:44:45 PM »

I'm still internet'less in my new place.  Once I can connect again I will be interested in jumping back in.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 31, 2010, 06:44:22 PM »

so... the update is live!  gates!  we need gates!

Because I can,
Slabety
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: November 03, 2010, 12:38:42 PM »

OK. Sorry for the delay. Been working on several things. First, I walked for quite a ways to get it to generate new chunks to the east of the main site. Once over there I ran into a rather large winter biome and looked for a place to call home in this new world. I stumbles across a large pillar in the middle of a rather large mountain range and knew this was THE place to go for.

I started by build access from each side to the entry shaft and then tunneled up to somewhere near the top.

This is where I started to hollow it out for floor 1. I then shafted along on corner to the very top.

Then I flattened it of and topped it with a pyramid. I also added a skywalk connection here.

Just a view looking out over the sky walk.

This image is just showing that there are a lot of nice looking mountains with faces that could be used for some rather interesting builds. I am still working on connecting the skywalk to the main base for now.

Some notes I've noticed, confirm if true. There appears to be more resources. By this I mean the quantity of veins has stayed the some but the amount in each vein has increased. Each vein of coal is typically yielding around 15 pieces for me in the new chunks. 8-12 for iron. And so on. Seems that more animals and mobs are spawning than there used to be as well. I have not build a portal or messed with the nether yet as I was working to give us a main base in the new chunks. I will continue to do the sky bridge throughout today (wife is sick and had to take a day off work so I have a lot of time) and I will up-load tonight.

I'm looking into the overviewer. IT appears that the update may have caused it to flip out a bit. It cuts off. The east side should go a good bit further than what it is showing. The source code is posted at github and it looks like they have made some changes but not released a version to implement them as of yet. I will keep an eye on it. Also, it appears that multi-player is getting closer to being stable enough to start using as the primary play mode  so we can set up a server and start using it. I will continue to test and play with it as well.

Once I upload, who is next?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 03, 2010, 02:11:17 PM »

Some notes I've noticed, confirm if true. There appears to be more resources. By this I mean the quantity of veins has stayed the some but the amount in each vein has increased. Each vein of coal is typically yielding around 15 pieces for me in the new chunks. 8-12 for iron. And so on. Seems that more animals and mobs are spawning than there used to be as well.

I noticed this too.  heck, I was finding stuff in sections I know I cleared out in my other world.  since portals appear bugged (see other thread) I'm thinking we should hold off on building one for the moment.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 03, 2010, 09:34:46 PM »

If no one else wants to I'll take it for a bit.  Has anyone tried setting up a server since the update?

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #411 on: November 04, 2010, 01:04:10 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 03, 2010, 09:34:46 PM

If no one else wants to I'll take it for a bit.  Has anyone tried setting up a server since the update?

I was kind of assuming it wouldn't be worth it yet, since Notch said his/their first priority now was working on Survival Multiplayer bugs and features.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Slabety
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: November 04, 2010, 06:41:03 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 04, 2010, 01:04:10 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 03, 2010, 09:34:46 PM

I was kind of assuming it wouldn't be worth it yet, since Notch said his/their first priority now was working on Survival Multiplayer bugs and features.

This is true, but he did say that he fixed a lot of the annoying bugs. I'll set it up this weekend on my server and see how it goes.

The save has been uploaded:
http://minecraftresource.com/gamingtrend/Slabety_World5.zip

Just worked more on the sky bridge than anything else. I am decently far away from home base apparently. I am still working on the overviewr. Still doesn't want to render everything. I don't have a ton of time to figure it out at this point but I will continue to when I can.

Slabety
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #413 on: November 05, 2010, 03:55:06 PM »

The server is up and running with the latest edition of the save. I did not have time to play though and test things but in the two minutes I did I noticed that mobs and animals don't die still as well as health is still not removed when you get hit of fall.

IP Is: 66.7.219.115
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 06, 2010, 02:52:42 PM »

I started working on the Earth Temple but it didn't look very good so I just reverted the save and I'm starting it from scratch.  I'll put the save back up tomorrow for whoever's next.

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #415 on: November 06, 2010, 06:37:39 PM »

Quote from: Slabety on November 05, 2010, 03:55:06 PM

The server is up and running with the latest edition of the save. I did not have time to play though and test things but in the two minutes I did I noticed that mobs and animals don't die still as well as health is still not removed when you get hit of fall.

IP Is: 66.7.219.115

I connected to this for a while today to check out the map.  I haven't been involved in the map succession, so it was fun to check stuff out in person.  I also found a pretty deep cave and grabbed some materials that I put back in that starting area base.

One thing that I wish you could do is change your name for multiplayer.  I didn't know that my account name would be used in multiplayer when I signed up, so when I created that I just used my standard first initial last name type thing.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 07, 2010, 06:53:21 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 06, 2010, 02:52:42 PM

I started working on the Earth Temple but it didn't look very good so I just reverted the save and I'm starting it from scratch.  I'll put the save back up tomorrow for whoever's next.

dangit, maybe I'm being overly critical but I nuked my second attempt.  I was trying to make it out of earth but it just keeps looking like crap, and my newest idea will take some time since it involves making the thing out of obsidian so I'm probably not going to get it done anytime soon.  on a humorous note I think I may have been using an older version of the save anyways- I went to download something and noticed none of my recent downloads were minecraft related, so I'm playing it safe and grabbing the latest one to make sure.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 07, 2010, 07:33:58 PM »

ok, I was using the right save.  whoever is next might as well just grab Slabety's last save since nothing has changed:

http://minecraftresource.com/gamingtrend/Slabety_World5.zip

Because I can,
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 08, 2010, 12:13:20 AM »

What does Notch mean on his blog about the patch?

"The server update is not mandatory, but you might want to update just to make sure."

What is a server update and how do you do one?

Edit: Sorry should have put this in the main MC thread.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 12:24:39 AM by Lee » Logged
Slabety
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #419 on: November 08, 2010, 09:08:31 PM »

Quote from: Lee on November 08, 2010, 12:13:20 AM

What does Notch mean on his blog about the patch?

"The server update is not mandatory, but you might want to update just to make sure."

What is a server update and how do you do one?

Edit: Sorry should have put this in the main MC thread.

Probably means the server version of the software. Not anything that needs to be done if you are just using the client.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: November 08, 2010, 11:55:06 PM »

I jumped on the server the other night and didn't crash in the same spots I used to, so that's a plus.

Because I can,
Slabety
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #421 on: November 09, 2010, 01:48:55 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 08, 2010, 11:55:06 PM

I jumped on the server the other night and didn't crash in the same spots I used to, so that's a plus.

Being that health still doesn't work correctly, it still isn't good enough IMO. Part of the fun is building the stuff while surviving and if you can't die, takes a little away from it.

Anyone have any interest in taking the save for a bit? I have a few days before I'll have any time.
Slabety
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: November 09, 2010, 07:59:20 PM »

Update for both tomorrow:
General fixes:
* players and mobs in lava or fire no longer spam sound effects
* getting hit with a higher damage while recovering from a smaller one now works as intended
* lava flows further in the Nether
* zombie pigs eventually forgives
* added support for custom texture packs
* fixed duplicate buttons when resizing screens
* zombie pigs and ghasts no longer get hurt by fire or lava
* fixed volume sliders now saving properly

Multiplayer fixes:
* hellworld=true no longer overwrites old save chunks. Player positions will still break if you switch it on a running server, though
* boats are now visible to other players
* minecarts move nicer
* fishing kinda sorta works, but needs more work
* sheep and cows look like sheep and cows now
* buckets work now
* fixed stairs being really difficult to destroy
* increased the timeout before “Took too long to log in”
* made it possible to ride carts and boats (pigs should work too..)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 09, 2010, 08:01:41 PM »

Quote from: Slabety on November 09, 2010, 01:48:55 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 08, 2010, 11:55:06 PM

Being that health still doesn't work correctly, it still isn't good enough IMO. Part of the fun is building the stuff while surviving and if you can't die, takes a little away from it.

Anyone have any interest in taking the save for a bit? I have a few days before I'll have any time.

True, but still, no crashes when I try and pass tge same spot over and over is a big plus.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 09, 2010, 08:02:52 PM »

Wait.... There's fishing?

Because I can,
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 09, 2010, 08:24:02 PM »

If I could tear myself away from FO:NV I might have time to take this, but then again Caeser's Legion is beckoning me...
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #426 on: November 09, 2010, 08:29:07 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 09, 2010, 08:02:52 PM

I have built a fishing rod and tried it out, but have not actually caught a fish yet.  I did see on the wiki that they give you less health back than pork, apparently, so I'm not sure what the point is.  Much easier to see and kill a pig.

Slabety
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #427 on: November 12, 2010, 12:57:53 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 09, 2010, 08:29:07 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 09, 2010, 08:02:52 PM

I have built a fishing rod and tried it out, but have not actually caught a fish yet.  I did see on the wiki that they give you less health back than pork, apparently, so I'm not sure what the point is.  Much easier to see and kill a pig.

You could always fish for pigs....    icon_smile
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: