http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 03:27:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Might & Magic X : Legacy  (Read 6927 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2014, 09:35:02 PM »

I blame Ubishit's Ushit protection. It's a piece of crap and frankly has no right to be existing as it gives nobody but Ubisoft anything useful.

Also, if you're in the UK you can't even play the game as their main ISP won't connect to Uplay's servers or something along those lines. Must suck to be them.

Game itself? Tons of fun. Really good game. Just Ushit needs to go the way of the dinosaurs.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2014, 09:57:01 PM »

I think the game is just buggy. Hit another game stopper pretty soon after my last one. Once you do the Elemental Forge area you had back and turn in a quest. This should open up a bridge to the north of where you are allowing you access to the next area. But the guy blocking the bridge is still there. Others reported the same issue, even those that purchase a physical copy so did not have early access. The workaround is to take the caravan from Sorpigal to the next town. It works but you have to pay 150 for it and that guy stays blocking the bridge, meaning you have to pay 150 to go back.

I'm still loving the game but these issues are souring it.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2014, 01:20:41 AM »

I almost bought this today.  Still up in the air because of Uplay and the bugs.  Still if you do a code giveaway. Im in!

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2014, 02:59:55 AM »

FWIW, I haven't experienced any bugs, but that is no guarantee, of course.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2014, 06:45:44 AM »

No bugs here either.

A new one
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2014, 08:45:03 PM »

A patch was released either this morning or the other day that clears up the two issues I mentioned. You need to be connected to uPlay to get it apparently (no launching in offline mode). So I connected and tried it and can confirm the guy blocking the bridge is no longer blocking it. I dunno about the other issue with the greyed out text since I fixed that manually but in a thread others have reported its no longer greyed out for them.

So hopefully that's the end of the annoyances.

MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2014, 06:15:10 AM »

Crawley, I'm curious what version you have as I haven't seen a patch since the one that came down on the same day I installed it, which was last Friday. Mine shows 1.3.1-14561 on the main menu. Thanks.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2014, 07:35:51 AM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on January 28, 2014, 06:15:10 AM

Crawley, I'm curious what version you have as I haven't seen a patch since the one that came down on the same day I installed it, which was last Friday. Mine shows 1.3.1-14561 on the main menu. Thanks.

Try restarting Steam. There was a patch last night.

A new one
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2014, 01:43:19 PM »

I hit a bug yesterday on the third floor of the lighthouse. I died and reloaded, but after the reload I was unable to move my party. I could look around,. but I couldn't move. Weird bug.

Anyone have any tips on how to actually beat the third floor of the lighthouse, when you open the door there are 2 Naga right in front of you, then two come from behind, and the four of them together slaughter my party?

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2014, 01:56:01 PM »

Strange bug I had yesterday was leaving Karthal and being instantly put into combat mode, but there were no enemies I could see.  Same thing if I ported to a different city. Eventually I saw in the status display there were supposed to be Water Elementals, so i trekked to the last place I fought those and sure enough two I killed previously were there and I killed them again and finally took me out of combat mode.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2014, 02:35:06 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on January 28, 2014, 01:43:19 PM

I hit a bug yesterday on the third floor of the lighthouse. I died and reloaded, but after the reload I was unable to move my party. I could look around,. but I couldn't move. Weird bug.

Anyone have any tips on how to actually beat the third floor of the lighthouse, when you open the door there are 2 Naga right in front of you, then two come from behind, and the four of them together slaughter my party?

celestial armour and regen worked wonders there on one of my groups.  The other one (might chars only) had to brute force it and it was a bit tougher.  One of the keys is to not be afraid to use the defend option.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2014, 04:03:15 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on January 28, 2014, 07:35:51 AM

Sorry, should have mentioned that I don't have it from Steam. I have it directly from UPlay via GMG.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2014, 06:29:08 PM »

video card was failing, swapped it out and now can't load or save games. blech
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2014, 07:05:00 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on January 28, 2014, 07:35:51 AM

That is the version mine shows as well.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2014, 07:08:30 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on January 28, 2014, 02:35:06 PM

Quote from: Scraper on January 28, 2014, 01:43:19 PM

celestial armour and regen worked wonders there on one of my groups.  The other one (might chars only) had to brute force it and it was a bit tougher.  One of the keys is to not be afraid to use the defend option.

Yeah, those two spells are key to winning some of the difficult fights like that one. If you also are not buffed up I would head outside and grab all little buffs around the lighthouse (gems/statues/etc). And if you have some characters that need to train I would do that. The boss battle in that light house is no easy fight either and you want every advantage you can get.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2014, 11:25:20 PM »

So be careful with that travel spell.  It seems if you use it in certain areas it will respawn the mobs and put them into hostile mode.  The result of this is as soon as you leave town you are in combat and can't do anything until you go back to where you just ported from and clear the mobs again. 
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2014, 04:42:58 AM »

So where to next? I'm in the Act 2 area, in the second major town, and am wandering around aimlessly. Everything I'm hitting seems way above my level. Very unsure of what the next dungeon is supposed to be, or where its located, in this area. Any help?
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2014, 03:09:35 PM »

Quote from: Crawley on January 30, 2014, 04:42:58 AM

So where to next? I'm in the Act 2 area, in the second major town, and am wandering around aimlessly. Everything I'm hitting seems way above my level. Very unsure of what the next dungeon is supposed to be, or where its located, in this area. Any help?

I finally found where to go. Will spoilerize just in case.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Near the floating tower, in the Yon Chon Forest (sp?) there's basically a singular path you can take there. It leads to a lost city dungeon. I had ignored the forest early as the paths I took just lead to these brigands that tore me up. I figured that area was off limits. But this one path will lead you past any of them and to the next dungeon. That's pretty old school RPG nastiness.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2014, 09:37:12 PM »

I'm really liking this game...bugs and all.  And I never really got into the previous M&M games.  This one has just the right balance of difficulty/sense of accomplishment, mixed with good exploration and party turn-based combat.  

I'm playing Adventurer (normal) difficulty, and it's plenty challenging for me, without being really frustrating.  I've done what I think many have and that's try out the game with a starter party, so to speak, learning about the class, skill and combat systems.  My real party just started Act 2 last night after a marathon session (I stayed up way too late).  This game seriously has that time warp thing where I lose 3 hours of my life playing and it feels like it's been 30 minutes.  

I've had good success with this party:
Elf Blade Dancer - Dual Wielding Swords - High Evasion
Human Mercenary - 2 Handed Sword - Good Evasion + Medium Armor
Orc Shaman - Air and Earth Magic - Spear + 2 handed
Dwarf Rune Priest - Fire and Light Magic - Shield + Mace

I know people complain about the Merc not having a grandmaster weapon option, but I want to see if the Windsword abilities make up for that.  She's been good so far.    
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2014, 10:00:04 PM »

supposedly the windsword ability is bugged and does nothing.  I noticed a few spells that don't do what they say they do as well. frown
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2014, 10:27:39 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on January 30, 2014, 09:37:12 PM

My party consists of:

Crusader - doesn't seem to be landing a lot of hits (working on building up precision)
Bladedancer - pretty awesome damage dealer
Run Priest - fire magic go boom!
Druid - Heals and support spells (also just found that offensive spell poison spray is pretty damn good)

Only problems I've run in to are with the battles I'm not supposed to be fighting. Otherwise we tear it up. I'll also say it would be good to have a second character that can cast a heal. Once my healer goes down and regen isn't going to kick in its pretty much reload time.

There has also seems to be discussion weather ranged weapons (bows/crossbows) are worth it to invest in. I think they are. My characters only have the ranged ability up to the first level (they can't go further). And if I'm firing against mobs that are the level I'm supposed to battle then I'll usually have one killed or nearly dead by the time they take 2-3 steps towards me. You of course can't trade ranged attacks with ranged attackers but melee targets do well as pin cushions. The bread and butter of fighting in this game goes to melee though.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2014, 10:35:18 PM »

Quote from: Crawley on January 30, 2014, 10:27:39 PM

Quote from: Roguetad on January 30, 2014, 09:37:12 PM

My party consists of:

Crusader - doesn't seem to be landing a lot of hits (working on building up precision)
Bladedancer - pretty awesome damage dealer
Run Priest - fire magic go boom!
Druid - Heals and support spells (also just found that offensive spell poison spray is pretty damn good)

Only problems I've run in to are with the battles I'm not supposed to be fighting. Otherwise we tear it up. I'll also say it would be good to have a second character that can cast a heal. Once my healer goes down and regen isn't going to kick in its pretty much reload time.

There has also seems to be discussion weather ranged weapons (bows/crossbows) are worth it to invest in. I think they are. My characters only have the ranged ability up to the first level (they can't go further). And if I'm firing against mobs that are the level I'm supposed to battle then I'll usually have one killed or nearly dead by the time they take 2-3 steps towards me. You of course can't trade ranged attacks with ranged attackers but melee targets do well as pin cushions. The bread and butter of fighting in this game goes to melee though.

You can give the Rune Priest the regen spell. Just give him 1 point in the earth line, then buy the spell. I have a similar set-up and it works.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2014, 07:20:16 PM »

Really having a great time with this game now. I haven't hit any more game stopping bugs. And after finishing Act 2 the game really opens up. I've been to each of the cities now, went through a bunch of dungeons and a few of the "puzzle" dungeons. Got the walk-on water power which opened up even more places to go. And I've starting to make progress with filling in gaping holes in the party's abilities. I also have a ton of money now with no worries about spending it. Its a good time in the game for me.

I also didn't realize the uPlay points you get awarded allow you to unlock stuff in the game - like a dungeon, some gear, and another hireling. I had been playing all the uPlay games in offline mode.

I only have a few problems with the game at the moment:

- The world map needs to be slightly improved where it shows the names of the various zones. When a quest goes in your journal it shows what zone the quest giver is in. But its pretty impossible to remember all the zone names/location. So when it shows your quest giver is in "Yon-Chall Forest" it basically becomes a wander fest until you happen upon the zone. Very painful in a tile-based movement game.

- The local map needs to scroll on the map screen. It sucks when you know there's someone you want to return to in the area but are unsure of what direction they are in. In order to see more of the map you have move, bring up the map, move bring up the map, repeat.

- Still no 1920x1200 resolution choice.

- Re-loading takes way too long - very annoying when you're at a fight you know you can win but it'll take a few tries.

- Need to get rid of weapons breaking. Nothing more annoying than being deep in a dungeon and one of your melee fighters breaks a weapon. Basically means you have to exit the dungeon, make your way to town for repairs, and then head back to the dungeon. You can get a hireling to fix weapon breaks but it happens so rarely that its not worth it but just enough that its just there for annoyance purposes.

Other than those minor issues I'm really enjoying myself with this game.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2014, 07:25:13 PM »

Crawley where did you get the power to walk on water? Is it a main story line bonus or side quest bonus?

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2014, 07:30:31 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on February 03, 2014, 07:25:13 PM

Crawley where did you get the power to walk on water? Is it a main story line bonus or side quest bonus?

Elemental shards get you the movement abilities and buffs.  I don't think any of them are story required outside of the Earth one.  You'll need to head back to the forge after you find one.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 07:32:39 PM by forgeforsaken » Logged
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2014, 08:03:35 PM »

Also, I enjoyed this enough that after I finished it on Adventurer I created a new party on Warrior.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2014, 09:10:45 PM »

I like this enough that even after losing my saves completely, I'm going to start up again. 
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2014, 09:54:10 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on January 24, 2014, 08:27:23 PM

Gah, I just got some codes to do a giveaway, and so many of you already bought it!   I'm going to try to spin up the giveaway asap.  smile

Did this happen and I missed it? That would make me sad.  crybaby
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2014, 08:13:03 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on February 03, 2014, 09:54:10 PM

Gah, I just got some codes to do a giveaway, and so many of you already bought it!   I'm going to try to spin up the giveaway asap.  smile

Man - talk about a thread killer. Sorry guys!
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2014, 04:26:14 AM »

Well I'm still playing and really enjoying it. Although I found a huge hole in my party makeup. I have is no one can cast dark magic. There's a dark magic spell that allows you to see secret walls. And you need to see those secret walls to finish up the Paladin quest. But I hear there is a dog hireling you can get to see secrets but have yet to come across him - that means giving up my horse for a bit. Tongue

Still trying to finish up Act 3 otherwise. Was stuck for awhile as you need to talk to someone and choose a conversation that doesn't say "Quest" at the start of it. But got it moving after that and can probably easily finish up - got distracted by another dungeon. Also you will need to the water magic walking power to complete Act 3 - there's a wrecked ship you'll be sent to and think you can only get there via water.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2014, 04:56:08 AM »

There are NPCs that can detect secrets as well as scrolls with the spell.  Also, once you do the dark shard in the Forge you get permanent detect secrets buff.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2014, 01:38:02 PM »

I'd rather not 'do' the dark shard in Forge thank you very much, Forge...  ninja
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2014, 01:40:58 PM »

I'm well into act 3 and I'm still really digging this game. I find myself getting side tracked a lot.

On side note, does anyone know where you get the air shard for the forge? I need it to complete some of my class quests, but I haven't found it yet.

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2014, 07:17:42 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on February 07, 2014, 01:40:58 PM

I'm well into act 3 and I'm still really digging this game. I find myself getting side tracked a lot.

On side note, does anyone know where you get the air shard for the forge? I need it to complete some of my class quests, but I haven't found it yet.

I think I got it from Skull Rock dungeon. But haven't tried to go back to the Elemental Forge to complete that one. Last time I went there the monsters outside tore me up before I could get in close.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2014, 07:18:10 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on February 07, 2014, 04:56:08 AM

There are NPCs that can detect secrets as well as scrolls with the spell.  Also, once you do the dark shard in the Forge you get permanent detect secrets buff.

Well that's good to hear. I'll have to make a bee line for that shard.

Turns out I do have the shard already. I just took out the boss that has it the other night. Now to make a bee line back to the Elemental Forge.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 07:20:50 PM by Crawley » Logged
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2014, 08:17:27 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on February 06, 2014, 08:13:03 PM

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on February 03, 2014, 09:54:10 PM

Man - talk about a thread killer. Sorry guys!

Ron is an evil Tease.

morlac00 on PSN
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2014, 08:58:47 PM »

Man, this hit at a sucky time.  I'm really interested in it, but it's competing with Bravely Default (my most anticipated RPG of the year), the Final Fantasy VI iOS release, and soon-to-be Thief IV. 

I'll get around to this eventually...  frown

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2014, 05:04:29 AM »

Well I finished it tonight. Steam says I have 50hrs in it but I know 10 of those were from the early-access. Still a pretty meaty game.

Really enjoyed the game overall despite a few annoying bugs that hit me at the start. Before going on to Act 4 (there's a no turning back warning) I would recommend finishing up a few of the quests if you're almost done with them. At the end of the game they go all Legacy of the Ancients and recap a bunch of the quests you've completed, along with any choices you've made, and tell you what happened after. It makes for a nice dessert to the ending.

Looking forward to the DLC and the next patch which apparently adds three more dungeons.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 12, 2014, 08:10:44 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on February 07, 2014, 08:58:47 PM

Man, this hit at a sucky time.  I'm really interested in it, but it's competing with Bravely Default (my most anticipated RPG of the year), the Final Fantasy VI iOS release, and soon-to-be Thief IV.  

I'll get around to this eventually...  frown
It's a great game, despite all of the bugs and the absolutely shitty performance of the Unity engine regardless of system specs.  I'm near the end, and really enjoying the game, but Bravely Default sucked me in this week.  I'll try and finish up M&M this weekend.  My party earned all of their class promotions, and I have all of the
Spoiler for Hiden:
elemental blessings.
 I'm ready for the finale.  

Regarding the difficulty curve: it's tough going initially, but it becomes much easier once the party starts leveling up and gaining more access to skills and spells.  In fact, I think it might get a little too easy on Adventure difficulty towards the end.  I didn't min/max my party (I'm playing a Merc for example), and they feel like gods amongst mortals at this point.      
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 03, 2014, 02:35:32 AM »

A warning about the DLC: The Falcon and the Unicorn

As much as I loved Legacy (which was quite a lot) this DLC is shit. I'm going to spolierize this as it speaks to the initial part of the DLC but honestly if you were thinking of getting the DLC I would recommend just spoiling a bit of the start here to know what you're getting in to. So here we go:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Know all those cool weapons, armor, and items you fought so hard for? They get taken away at the very start of the DLC. You're basically left fighting with a few normal weapons/armor, and very few potions. And you have to fight against very difficult monsters where the only thing that really does any harm is your magic since you're weapons are crap. Plus because your armor is crap they monsters you pretty easily. And because you have hardly any potions to start with you'll be saving them and resting after each battle. But likely shit will go wrong in the battle so you have to re-load and try again anyways (remember the re-loads in the game take about 30+ seconds).

And to top this off when they finally gave me some weapons they only provided 2 swords. Well I have one sword/shield wielder and then one sword dual wielder. But they provided like 4 spears. I still don't have a second sword for my duel wielder.

Now if that wasn't bad enough after slugging your way through all these monsters (which get more difficult) you have to do a boss battle where he can kill you in one shot. Plus he's paired with two of the more difficult monsters that will feeblemind your casters - so if all your casters that can remove feeblemind get it, that's it for the battle as you sure as hell not winning it with melee or without heals. You do not get potions to remove feeblemind - they were taken away.

Now the other thing to warn you about is the very start of this DLC after you lose your weapons you have to make your way through a dungeon, which is a bit of a puzzle. However if you make a wrong move you are instantly dead. And you have to re-load. And you make a LOT of mistakes. Each mistake means an annoying 30+ second reload!

So I don't know who thought up the difficulty and the general annoyance of the start of this DLC but its terrible. I'm fine for some difficulty but none of these changes provide any enjoyment or sense of accomplishment. It basically seems to be put in there to annoy and wear you down. This is supposed to be a fun game and they lost sight of that.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 02:38:55 AM by Crawley » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: