http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 04:13:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Might & Magic X : Legacy  (Read 4239 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2013, 05:49:24 AM »

Ubisoft appears to be teasing an announcement for Might & Magic X at their website with an image of a giant "X" made up of sprites from earlier Might & Magic games.  The bottom of the page says "Meet us at Pax East", so it should be unveiled this weekend.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 12:24:05 PM by EddieA » Logged

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 06:50:17 AM »

*looks at giant poster of MM6: The Mandate of Heaven on nearby wall*

I have little hope of this being remotely good or worth playing for those who played the older games in the series. Call me...well, whatever, but it's what I believe.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 10:35:09 AM »

if this is anything like Dark Messiah then IN!  icon_twisted

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 08:04:34 PM »

Might & Magic X: Legacy?

Picking up after the events of Might & Magic Heroes VI, X Legacy puts players in control of a four-person party as they guide the fate of the city of Karthal, a city hotly contested by a number of powerful factions.

Because I can,
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 08:19:32 PM »

Huh. It's the sequel to MM6 and it is turn based (seriously guys, could you have put up any less in-game footage in your trailer though?). From the front page:

Through a turn-based gameplay system, defeat creatures and bosses to accomplish unique quests and make your way through dangerous dungeons, cities and labyrinths full of traps.  Dive into vintage Might & Magic and play old school, new rules!

I...did not expect this. At all. I guess Legend of Grimrock's success (and maybe all the Kickstarters based on sequels to old and awesome titles) got people to start thinking about other old-school classics.

I guess Richard Garriott is right about how old-school classics were really that compared to most of what we play today.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 08:42:14 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on March 21, 2013, 08:19:32 PM

Huh. It's the sequel to MM6 and it is turn based (seriously guys, could you have put up any less in-game footage in your trailer though?).

Yeah, but what little there was looked pretty damn good.  slywink  IN!
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 10:15:23 PM »

Want to be excited about this, but I am having less and less faith in the big publishers nowadays. Loved M&M games, very addicting. Like most of those old games though, I just want a modern polished version of the old game.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 07:04:29 AM »

Here's the official website with some more details.

Through the Might & Magic traditional and acclaimed first-person turn-based gameplay system, lead your team of four Heroes in their journey!

Choose your gender among four different races: Humans, Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, the choice is yours! Each race also boasts three unique classes, each one having their own skills and abilities.

Defeat creatures and unique bosses, fulfill challenging quests, level up your group, and earn new powerful artifacts.

Classic RPG at its finest!

What would be a classic RPG without numerous dungeons to explore? In Might & Magic®X Legacy, you will need to crawl and fight your way through twisted dungeons, immense cities, and mind-boggling labyrinths.

You must avoid hidden traps and solve puzzling riddles in order to survive!

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 06:51:56 AM »

There has been almost no information out of PAX East on this game, but there is a short preview here.  The game is supposed to take about 25 hours to complete and will be out for PC in September.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 10:17:36 PM »

Here are some more details and screenshots.

ericb

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 11:05:46 PM »

Details from that link

•Plays more like the pre-mandate of heaven games with a grid style movement system instead of free roam.
•there are 12 classes (didn't tell me what they were) and then "advanced" classes for each of them. I suppose this is like the system in 6-7-8 where you do a quest to promote from a Knight to a Champion or whatever.
•there will be 23 dungeons.
•aiming for september release
•there is no training. When you level up you just get your skill points then and there.
•You still will level your skills and have to train to expert, master, and grand master. Expert and master you just go find the trainer and pay gold when you have the necessary skill points, and for grandmaster there will be a quest.
•It will be totally non-linear after the initial area where it teaches you how to play. Kind of like 7, where you were confined to the island until you completed the first quest.
•In the demo you never had more than 2-3 monsters at a time. I asked if this is representative of the whole game, and he said "it depends on the level. Sometimes you will be surrounded, sometimes it is just a few more powerful enemies." Was kind of vague.
•The movement is like Grimrock, but Grimrock was still a real time game. This is turn based 100% of the time, which imo makes the combat much more interesting.
•There is a skill bar, but its not like WoW or other MMOs where you have special attacks... the abilities that were on the skill bar were just melee attack, ranged attack, defend (idk what this did, never used it), and then you can put spells and potions on there too.
•I looked but didn't see any "self" magics in the skill trees of the characters I had, but I didn't pay attention to what classes I had in my party. its possible I just didn't have a character who could learn them.
•No blasters / sci-fi elements.
•There will be hirelings. You can have two in your party at once. They don't fight with you, just provide your party with a bonus. For a price of course.

Graphics look much better than I expected.  I'm definitely (but cautiously) looking forward to this.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 11:29:33 PM »

Plays more like the pre-mandate of heaven games with a grid style movement system instead of free roam.

that seals the deal.  OUT!  I really wanted to like Grimrock but could not go back to the old grid style.

Because I can,
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 06:12:55 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 25, 2013, 11:29:33 PM

Plays more like the pre-mandate of heaven games with a grid style movement system instead of free roam.

that seals the deal.  OUT!  I really wanted to like Grimrock but could not go back to the old grid style.
  Keep in mind this game is turnbased unlike grimrock.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 07:36:19 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on March 26, 2013, 06:12:55 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on March 25, 2013, 11:29:33 PM

Keep in mind this game is turnbased unlike grimrock.

yeah, but it's the grid style.  free roam open world has spoiled me.  even FPS's that are basically corridor shooters aren't as appealing to me anymore.

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 01:11:15 AM »

Here's a gameplay video.  The game looks great in motion.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 01:27:10 AM »

I'm very happy it's grid based
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 03:44:42 AM »

That looks pretty good to me!
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 06:11:34 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on March 27, 2013, 01:11:15 AM

Here's a gameplay video.  The game looks great in motion.

That's pretty much what was playable at PAX.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 06:17:46 PM »

Looks great.

Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 12:16:45 AM »

Whats fun is I've been playing Might and Magic I (also known as You Masochistic Bastard) for the past few weeks.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 09:03:31 PM »

There's a new interview at Worthplaying, although there's not much new information in it.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2013, 11:59:20 AM »

The developers are letting the community have a say in the design of one of the game's dungeons.  Each week, people can vote at the website on one aspect of the dungeon's creation.  The first choice is whether the dungeon should be a remake of a classic MM dungeon, something completely new, or one based on the MM community.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 12:00:57 PM by EddieA » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 06:18:53 PM »

new trailer.

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 08:42:33 PM »

While the video says that you can play Act I of the game on August 19 if you buy the digital deluxe edition, there doesn't seem to be anywhere to buy it.  The game's website mentions nothing about buying it and there's not even a mention of the game at Ubisoft's site or Uplay.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2013, 11:54:36 PM »

I've seen mention that it'll show up on Steam Early Access on the 19th, but I can't confirm it short of a single site (that isn't Ubisoft).

They're kinda doing a poor job promoting this. But it looks awesome.

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2013, 03:43:06 AM »

Gimme!
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2013, 10:29:27 AM »

whaaaaa
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2013, 11:05:55 AM »

Quote from: hitbyambulance on August 17, 2013, 10:29:27 AM

whaaaaa

you could always go 'pew pew pew' when you cast magic.

Because I can,
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2013, 02:17:38 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on August 16, 2013, 11:54:36 PM

I've seen mention that it'll show up on Steam Early Access on the 19th, but I can't confirm it short of a single site (that isn't Ubisoft).

It was mentioned on one of the latest trailers that you can get the early access starting monday. I think you have to buy the digital deluxe version, I think.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Hrnac
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2013, 06:51:30 PM »

Quote from: Crawley on August 17, 2013, 03:43:06 AM

Gimme!

+100

-Hrnac

Never do today what can be done tomorrow.
Baroquen131
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2013, 08:48:25 PM »

I was frustrated about not finding any info about buying it, on uplay or elsewhere. I'm not really interested in early access, though it did mention an exclusive dungeon. I might regret missing that. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2013, 09:49:21 PM »

Is this comming out on anything besides the PC?

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2013, 06:35:13 AM »

Quote from: Tebunker on August 17, 2013, 02:17:38 PM

Quote from: Destructor on August 16, 2013, 11:54:36 PM

It was mentioned on one of the latest trailers that you can get the early access starting monday. I think you have to buy the digital deluxe version, I think.

That was the entire point of the posts above mine - the website links in the trailer show absolutely no mention whatsoever talking about preordering for early access and beta play and whatnot. Or at least they didn't when the trailer first showed up.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2013, 11:56:13 PM »

Here are the full details on early access.  It will be available on Steam and UPlay on 8/19, although there's no mention of the price.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2013, 03:25:09 AM »

Played it at Gencon, liked it.  Not sure of the pricing scheme.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2013, 03:27:21 AM »

it'd be cool if they were releasing it at $14.99 or $19.99, but I'm guessing $29.99, maybe even $39.99 or $49.99 biggrin

Because I can,
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2013, 04:14:18 AM »

Yeah the demo at Gencon won me over, not sure I'll grab the early access though... too many other games.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2013, 04:47:23 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 19, 2013, 03:27:21 AM

it'd be cool if they were releasing it at $14.99 or $19.99, but I'm guessing $29.99, maybe even $39.99 or $49.99 biggrin

It's $30 according to the dev that was there
Baroquen131
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2013, 09:58:08 AM »

I might buy early to get the "exclusive dungeon" and DLC included, but won't be playing it now. Also not bothering with the digital deluxe boxed uplay whatever special. Glad to hear those that played at Gencon enjoyed it.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2013, 02:38:38 PM »

Quote from: Baroquen131 on August 19, 2013, 09:58:08 AM

I might buy early to get the "exclusive dungeon" and DLC included, but won't be playing it now. Also not bothering with the digital deluxe boxed uplay whatever special. Glad to hear those that played at Gencon enjoyed it.

I'd like to get it, but uPlay can go to hell. Steam or nothing pretty much.

EDIT: Wait, what? From the top of the blog post a few posts back:

"(Please note that the Deluxe box edition is only included in this pack if you purchase via Uplay and available in all countries except the US because of constraints, we are not able to influence.)"

So, what, people in the US can't get the deluxe box edition as it is?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 02:41:29 PM by Destructor » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: