http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 09:10:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Midway's Area 51  (Read 1014 times)
ElijahPrice
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2005, 05:22:51 PM »

I was wondering if anyone has played the demo yet?  The game trailers look pretty cool and the reviews have been positive.  Was wondering how the actual gameplay panned out?

I have been waiting for a game to get excited about and for some reason this one is sticking.  I have a soft spot for UFOs... Fire in the Sky is one of my favorite movies.
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 06:15:33 PM »

I played the demo awhile ago.  I think it came on the Mortal Kombat: Deception disk.  Anyways, the gameplay was a bit like Halo, only much more frantic.  There were time where I didn't really know what was going on, and just blasted everything left and right.  Its definitely twitch and action-oriented, but pretty fun.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 08:37:43 PM »

There is a new demo in the PSM this month that I am going to try and get my hands on.  Have you or anyone else seen that one yet?  Wish there was an Xbox version.
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 09:24:51 PM »

I played the OXM demo - it came out months ago.  I wasn't a big fan, but I wonder how much the game has changed since then.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 10:16:57 PM »

played it on the same disk as the mgs3 demo a few months back.  struck me a little like halo.  frantic action all around you and creatures rushing you.  not bad, but i'm not always up on console fps's.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 02:57:55 PM »

I played the demo too and I guess I approached it differently.  I just stood in one place and shot wave after wave after wave of enemies.  I wasn't impressed at all.  However I do love sci-fi so I'm going to wait for reviews and word-of-mouth to decide.
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 08:01:40 PM »

Ahh....only the old demos though?  There is a new one in the OPM nad I hope eventually an OXM, seems like it s a lot cooler.  What I hear is that they allow you to morph and they have fixed up the aliens and the AI.  Still looking for more info since its such a pain for me to track down the OPM.  Anyone played the NEW one?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: