http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 05:57:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Middle-Aged Gamer Assaults Teen Over Black Ops Beatdown  (Read 530 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2011, 07:49:20 PM »

A 13-year-old boy got the scare of his life when a middle-aged man he trash-talked in Black Ops tracked him down and "throttled" him.

46-year-old Mark Bradford of the U.K. was getting a rough ride in his online Call of Duty: Black Ops match. The beatdown was bad enough, but it was the inevitable trash-talk from the punk kid who was kicking his ass that really drove him around the bend. But when it finally got to be too much, he didn't take off his headset and stop playing. He went looking for the kid.

And he found him. The boy was at a friend's house not far from Bradford's single-room apartment; Bradford went to the house, entered the room where they were playing, grabbed his tormenter around the throat and started choking him. Fortunately, the boy's mother pulled Bradford away before he could be seriously hurt, although he was still left with scratches and reddening around his neck.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113404-Middle-Aged-Gamer-Assaults-Teen-Over-Black-Ops-Beatdown

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 08:33:26 PM »

Why you little....

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 08:36:19 PM »

That strikes me as a little hard to believe.  Guy in the heat of the moment somehow discovers kid who's taunting lives just down the block and he finds him...at a friend's house no less...in what appears to be only a matter of hours (if not minutes)?

kid:  Ha ha, you're an a#hole and a loser!  By the way, I live at 1313 mockingbird lane, although I'm currently at my friend chuck's house and he lives across the street.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 08:47:45 PM »

He knew the kid through the family it said.  Plus we don't know if part of the taunting involved names of who he was with or anything.
Space Herpes
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 12:30:46 AM »

Of course it was totally wrong for someone to physically assault someone over a stupid game. However, the devil on my should tells me not to feel sorry for the little wanker (he was more scared than hurt). Some of the things people say online are pretty horrendous and seeing this kind of accountability strikes a cord in the dark part of my heart. I guess that's why I like to watch Dexter.

See the Mr. Sticky Show!
http://one.revver.com/watch/261625
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 01:15:54 AM »

So you think the kid will be trash talking more people any time soon? icon_lol

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 10:10:36 PM »

Quote from: Space Herpes on October 01, 2011, 12:30:46 AM

Of course it was totally wrong for someone to physically assault someone over a stupid game. However, the devil on my should tells me not to feel sorry for the little wanker (he was more scared than hurt). Some of the things people say online are pretty horrendous and seeing this kind of accountability strikes a cord in the dark part of my heart. I guess that's why I like to watch Dexter.

Gotta agree with this sentiment. I went to a PC cafe this past Saturday and I rented a PC for a couple of hours. There were some young teenagers there playing. One of them, not looking any older than 14, was particularly foulmouthed and was dropping F-bombs and cusses like a waiter dropping glasses while hopped up on 12 cups of coffee.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 01:43:10 PM »

Anonymity is the enemy of culture.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 03:29:45 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 04, 2011, 01:43:10 PM

Anonymity is the enemy of culture.

I hope that one day, Xbox Live or another similar online service will require some semblance of accountability.  I treat people that I talk to online just as I would talk to them face to face.  I play pick up basketball at my gym every now and then and nobody wears a mask to be anonymous.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 04:44:30 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on October 01, 2011, 01:15:54 AM

So you think the kid will be trash talking more people any time soon? icon_lol

Sure he will.  Just not someone who knows him personally.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 06:01:44 AM »

Conan said it best Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

A new one
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: