That whole thing reads like a little kid having a tantrum from not getting it's way. Maintaining a level playing field by restricting access to timed exclusives even though we do the same thing. Wow, just wow.
It's funny, when I initially bought both consoles in December I had a fear that the PS3 was just going to gather dust as I would mainly use the 360. But from the beginning I've found myself experiencing the opposite.
- Media player is infinitely better
- Dashboard is cleaner and quicker
- Don't have to be online to play arcade type games
- No bloody avatar
- No imaginary currency
- Controller feels better (Personal opinion)
- HD upgrades are not x times more expensive than market
- Larger swath of genres and more imaginative games
- The trophy notification doesn't get in the way
I'm sure there are more but would probably be getting into more and more personal preference.
Also I'm not saying Sony hasn't miss-stepped as well. I definitely wish backwards compatability was still included. It would also be nice to see an indie space as maybe they would do a decent job at promoting it.
I am now wondering if this will be like the Gamecube for me. Where I end up buying games for it to justify the purchase.