http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 07:05:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Microsoft won't publish games on XBLA if they were on PSN first  (Read 320 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2011, 09:34:54 PM »

Microsoft is back to being a big old baby again, saying that they’ll refuse to publish any downloadable title that was on the PlayStation Network (or any other platform) first. This means that there’s no hope for seeing PSN-exclusive games on Xbox Live Arcade, even though the developer may want to bring their title to Xbox 360 gamers and their contract with Sony doesn’t require exclusivity forever.

Read: Microsoft Not Interested In Publishing Downloadable Games That Were On PSN First [Microsoft Says They Won't Publish Games On Xbox Live Arcade If They Were On PSN First, Games That Get More Content On Another Platform Are Out Too] | TFTS

Likewise, games that get more content on another platform have no shot at life on Xbox Live Arcade either. Speaking to Eurogamer, a Xbox Europe’s Chris Lewis explained that decision was made to keep an equal playing field between Xbox 360 and the competition

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2011/08/24/microsoft-not-interested-in-publishing-downloadable-games-that-were-on-psn-first-microsoft-says-they-wont-publish-games-on-xbox-live-arcade-if-they-were-on-psn-first-games-that-get-more-content-on/

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 10:10:40 PM »

So if you want to make more money by selling on XBLA too then don't be greedy in the beginning and agree to release it only on one platform for what could be less money in the long run?

biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 11:21:05 PM »

If Sony had the same stance as Microsoft we'd have missed out on great games like Castle Crashers and Section 8 Prejudice.

There's a few PSN games that I'm sure many Xbox users would enjoy as well, Gameloft's Modern Combat Domination is first to come to mind. A full multiplayer FPS (with bot support) at only $7.99. It's the closest thing you can find to counter-strike on a console right now.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 02:18:39 AM »

That whole thing reads like a little kid having a tantrum from not getting it's way. Maintaining a level playing field by restricting access to timed exclusives even though we do the same thing. Wow, just wow.

It's funny, when I initially bought both consoles in December I had a fear that the PS3 was just going to gather dust as I would mainly use the 360. But from the beginning I've found myself experiencing the opposite.
  • Media player is infinitely better
  • Dashboard is cleaner and quicker
  • Don't have to be online to play arcade type games
  • No bloody avatar
  • No imaginary currency
  • Controller feels better (Personal opinion)
  • HD upgrades are not x times more expensive than market
  • Larger swath of genres and more imaginative games
  • The trophy notification doesn't get in the way

I'm sure there are more but would probably be getting into more and more personal preference.
Also I'm not saying Sony hasn't miss-stepped as well. I definitely wish backwards compatability was still included. It would also be nice to see an indie space as maybe they would do a decent job at promoting it.

I am now wondering if this will be like the Gamecube for me. Where I end up buying games for it to justify the purchase.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: