http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 06:03:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MGS1 to be remade in Fox engine?  (Read 509 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« on: June 25, 2013, 04:18:33 PM »

from gamespot, straight from the mouth of Kojima himself, is the intention to get an external dev to work on the remake. 

could be interesting.  especially after the brief revisit to shadow moses in MGS4.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 04:33:32 PM »

First thought: <sigh>

Second thought: Why not let a new generation experience the foundation of crazy laid in MGS1?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 04:55:15 PM »

A year or two ago,Konami said they wanted to re-imagine(i think the word they used)MGS1

As unlike most MGS1 fans i am still happy with my GameCube The Twin Snakes remake I still want remakes of Metal Gear 1 and 2 that happened before Metal Gear Solid 1...

next gen graphics,Big Boss vs Solid Snake..what's not to like??

anyway,this is Konami's way of getting around bringing Metal Gear Solid 1 to all platforms,as Nintendo own The Twin Snakes with Silicon Knights

EDIT:here's that article from June 2011 saying they wanted to reimagine MGS1(Remember Silent Hill 1 reimagining?-shattered memories that was)
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-10-konami-wants-to-re-imagine-mgs-in-hd

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 07:36:29 PM »

I could be in for this.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 12:47:39 AM »

Well, considering all the madness that they've added to the MG universe since MGS1, it'll be good for them to update the old one with allusions to the madness they face in the future. Plus, it's been too long since MGS1. The Gamecube version was a bit too much madness, and even that version people aren't going to dig up to play.

It's also likely the new MGS5 will have some stuff with Liquid Snake, so that's something.

MGS4 spoiler:
Spoiler for Hiden:
And hey, maybe they can setup some kind of relationship between Meryl and Johnny Sasaki being having them jump into marriage. I mean, the guy is a half-clone of snake with intestinal problems, but she really doesn't know anything about him besides he participated in every insurrection Snake was trying to stop.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 01:22:49 AM »

Okay bare with me on this

yesterday CVG reported that Kojima is seeking a developer for MGS1 and 2 using Fox Engine

seeing MGS2 included as well,surprised me so i clicked on the link that CVG got the story from(Game Reactor),and i realised they(CVG) got it wrong and posted this(I quoted the first part from the link)
First of all, he asked Kojima not to allow a Metal Gear Solid movie to be, as it simply could not live up to the narrative of the games. Secondly, he requested remakes using Fox Engine for the first two Metal Gear Solid titles.
Hideo Kojima restated some of the known facts about the Metal Gear Solid motion picture as well as stating his involvement and ambition to make it a great experience. As for the second request Kojima explained that he was actually in the process of searching out a studio he could task with adapting the first game to the Fox Engine. He noted that some of the mechanics would need updating, but apparently he's keen on a second remake following Silicon Knights' Gamecube adapation Twin Snakes and HD releases of the original game.
MGS2 is not being remade as the title of this article states

the guy approached Kojima and suggested that they remake MGS1 and 2 with the fox engine,Kojima said that they are looking for a studio to remake MGS1 with the fox engine,no mention of MGS2 being remade

now....
Hideo Kojima has just tweeted this
HIDEO_KOJIMA ‏@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN 25m
There's a rumor about remaking MGS1+2, but that's not ture. It has been modified in the thread or something.

however,he seems to still be tweeting(and for once not tweeting pictures of what he is eating)
HIDEO_KOJIMA ‏@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN 3m
Such mistranslation happens when I do itw w/media abroad. In net era, the funnier eye-catchy gossip gets attention than the original article

HIDEO_KOJIMA ‏@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN 2m
This mistranslation could happen when translating into Japanese/ simply misunderstood by media. No one would read the original article.

HIDEO_KOJIMA ‏@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN 1m
Just the false headline goes off.

not really that sure what he is smoking,but it seems to me he is trying to put the point across that it maybe both games are a victim of mistranslation,which would be a shame...not just MGS2 like i thought

EDIT:
Oh,this sounds more promising at least
HIDEO_KOJIMA ‏@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN 2m
I've said "I'd want to remake MGS1 w/Fox Engine if poss, but we still have "V" and other prioritized titles that its imposs to make@Kojipro

yeah,but isn't that the reason why you would need to find a studio to do it?

EDIT 2: Shit me,he's not stopping
HIDEO_KOJIMA ‏@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN 1m
I wouldn't mind if talented creator from outside studio making this happen. That's what I answered during the itw.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 01:43:04 AM »

So, typical Kojima speak then?

Before you know it, we'll have rumors that he wants to remake the whole damn series in the Fox engine. Including the Ac1d games :p

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 01:50:12 AM »

so... one game? slywink

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 04:07:23 AM »

He really meant remaking MG1 and MG2 in the fox engine, not MGS, so he's just being sly with those tweets slywink

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 07:01:18 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 27, 2013, 01:50:12 AM

so... one game? slywink

icon_lol

so,just woke up,seems he has been tweeting all night(well night for me that is)

he starts of talking MGS series and then he begins to explain the mistranslation about MGS1 and 2 remakes

HIDEO_KOJIMA ‏@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN 4h
When the concept of "Legacy Collection" was brought at mtg from sales team, dev side stated that it'd be hard for current user to play MGS1.

Since it's bird-eye view, you can't really see the front side which makes it hard to self-adjust for someone accustomed to FPS/TPS.

That's the crutial part of remaking.

I often get asked "which title one should play if haven't done MGS series?". Play MGS3 as control is more modern, if you liked it then MGS4.

MGS1+2 has camera w/ bird-eye view. If you want to learn the story, then just read the novel.

Not really sure what he means by this tweet,i played PW on my own,and loved it,didn't find it too hard because i finished it
I'd suggest PW for younger gen,but its hard to play solo unless you do Co-op w/ PSP/online. Hard boss battle if u like to take time and play

One more thing, There're MGS1+2 digital novel inclu in Legacy Collection. So no need to read a book.

and then it seems he explains the mistranslation
HIDEO_KOJIMA ‏@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN 2h
Regarding the rumor from yesterday, checked the data recording of the actual interview. It was mistranslated from our side.

Chris, my interpreter answered in different nuance that made this consquence. I on the other hand, answered w/ bit of lip service.

I answered "You (the journalist) wanted me to do MGS2 on Fox Engine but I cannot do. I wish if only someone could make MGS1 on Fox Engine."

However, Chris mistranlated as "Personally he would like have MGS1 on Fox Engine, so he try to find someone right now to do that." NOOOOO!!!

The journalist wasn't wrong. We are deeply sorry for the misinterpretation on our side.

Well, if there's some creator or team in this world who has love and passion to remake "MGS1", I would love to ask for it.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 03:35:37 PM »

Just Add Water wants to tackle Metal Gear

Dear Mr Kojima,

We read with great excitement on VG247 that you were looking for a studio to work with to develop a Metal Gear Solid remake using the Fox Engine, that your team has been hard at work creating.

We at Just Add Water feel ideally positioned to do the remake justice for several reasons

We have experience working with legendary IP (Oddworld Inhabitants) and treating the subject matter with the respect it deserves.
Many members of our team are huge Metal Gear fans, with very good knowledge of the source material.
We really, really want to do it.

For evidence of our abilities, please check out not only the HD treatment of Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath, released on PlayStation3, VITA and PC, but the current re-creation of Abe’s Oddysee, titled Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty.

We eagerly await your response.

Love and cuddles,

The JAW Team.

of course JAW are not big fans of the Xbox brand over the Stranger's Wrath HD fiasco and this little message a week or two ago
http://www.savecontinue.com/2013/06/oddworld-new-n-tasty-no-longer-coming-to-xbox-360-or-xbox-one/
“For Xbox One they’ve granted us a license for New ‘n’ Tasty! but they still say you need a publisher. We don’t have a publisher so we’re not officially on the platform, even though we’re compatible, even though we’ll be ready to do it. Period.Why do we need a publisher when we self-finance our games, we build our own IP, we manage our own IP and we’ve turned nearly two million units online as indie publishers sold – not free downloads? Why? What’s wrong with us?It’s a different level of perspective. Is it ridiculous? I guess it depends on what seat you’re sitting in. But I think right now Wall Street is seeing something else that’s ridiculous and we’re seeing it reflected in public companies’ stock values.

Who’s in touch with their audience? And who seems out of touch with their audience? All we know is we’ve tried to get our games on their platform and we can’t do it – and I even helped them release the box.”

However,they would have Konami as a publisher if they got this gig
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 03:38:27 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 07:31:53 PM »

hell, remake the very first Metal Gear!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 07:32:11 PM »

the old NES one that is.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 07:34:50 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 08:05:42 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 27, 2013, 07:32:11 PM

the old NES one that is.

or even the MSX2 one biggrin

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 08:10:40 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 27, 2013, 07:32:11 PM

the old NES one that is.

Yeah everybody is screaming out for Metal Gear 1 and 2 remakes(or redo the story so its one big game i dunno,it'll prolly get a new name anyway),i think Hideo is going to wait until the games that are set before them catch up to those 2 storywise.

Storywise where we are with the games due soon(The Phantom Pain),It's getting close to Big Boss becoming a 'bad guy' now,whether the end of The Phantom Pain will come to the point where Metal Gear 1 will be next i do not know

but hopefully it won't be long until we see Solid Snake and Big Boss go at each other on the big screen with next gen graphics etc etc,it's going to be very exciting!! icon_biggrin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: