http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 01:35:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Metroid Prime:Hunters reviews are coming in,and impressions!  (Read 3203 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2006, 02:23:40 AM »

Like I said it`s not perfect, that`s for sure. But, what it does well, as far as I`m concerned, it does REALLY well. I can`t wait to play somemore tonight. Break out the headphones for this, and it suprisingly get pretty immersive. I`ll post some more impressions as I get further and play some more MP against bots as of now anyways.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2006, 02:59:16 AM »

Quote from: "Harpua3"
Like I said it`s not perfect, that`s for sure. But, what it does well, as far as I`m concerned, it does REALLY well. I can`t wait to play somemore tonight. Break out the headphones for this, and it suprisingly get pretty immersive. I`ll post some more impressions as I get further and play some more MP against bots as of now anyways.

Yeah the sound effects / music rock with headphones.  I don't think many people know just how amazingly great Animal Crossing sounds when you have headphones on.  It makes a TON of difference in quality.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
siege

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2006, 03:45:09 AM »

The audio is superb. Really glad they brought over some of the music from Prime on the Cube. I love the battle track that kicks in when you are chasing down one of the hunters.

Absolutely love the game so far. The control is on par with a mouse, and while it tends to cramp up the hands, it's just amazing to play a FPS on a console/handheld that is as precise as playing on PC.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2006, 07:04:47 AM »

Quote from: "depward"
Quote from: "Harpua3"

Yeah the sound effects / music rock with headphones.  I don't think many people know just how amazingly great Animal Crossing sounds when you have headphones on.  It makes a TON of difference in quality.

Lol, I thought I was the only person who did that... :oops: . heh.

I got a bit further tonight and it just got alot better even. I`m really enjoying this. I`m sure some won`t, but I sure as hell am. I can`t wait to pick up a router for the wifi too Tongue !
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2006, 04:10:03 PM »

Quote from: "Farscry_Redux"
Strong words there!  Are you sure it's better than Faceball 2000 was?  That was an awesome game!   biggrin

Get thee gone from here with that until you've played the game. Go'on now, shoo!   :wink:

Gamefly shipped mine on Tuesday so I'm hoping for it by the weekend. The reviews have been stellar but I still want to play it first before I take the plunge. Extremely positive reviews so far across the board from fans and critics alike so the prospects are looking good for this one.

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2006, 09:00:43 AM »

It`s still going strong! :wink:
depward

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2006, 08:06:26 PM »

I give up.  I'm done with it.  Couple of factors in that decision:

- I kind of have a gumpy left arm/hand.  The fact that my left thumb isn't very mobile makes it so 20 minute-30 minute gaming sessions playing Hunters makes my left arm ache.  The last straw was the last time I played (about 10 mins. ago) where I saved right before a boss battle.  And I started playing and in the middle of the boss battle my left hand started aching.  I don't want to have that sort of pain/discomfort in such limited gaming sessions

- No multiplayer for me.  My local internet now has security due to my Mother working from home.  And I can't find any open wifi hotspots near my work.

- The single player campaign, so far (I'm 45% in now or something), has just been:  go to planet > collect three octholiths > boss battle > timer to run back to your ship.  It's starting to get old.

So yeah.  I think I'll just put it up here at GT and see what people have to offer.  It's a very nice looking game and quite fun, but unfortunately, just not for me.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2006, 10:34:22 PM »

It`s still enjoyable over here for me :wink: . I do agree the single player is repetative, but I`m still finding it very fun. As far as the controls go, I can see your point, but for me, the controls are great and suprisingly painless.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2006, 11:13:39 AM »

Fyedaddy or anyone else playing this still? It`s still eating up my DS time recently.
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2006, 06:43:01 PM »

Faceball 2000 was soooo much fun. The first FPS I ever played, it was.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: