http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 05:48:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Metroid Prime: Hunters is getting close...  (Read 842 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2006, 07:33:46 AM »

Well, it sure as hell is. After preordering mine just recently :oops: , I`m starting to get really excited for this one. Two weeks from today it comes out I believe, and the previews with single player and multiplayer impressions are starting to come in again :wink: .

Check `em out, this is looking for both single and mp gamers!!! I sure hope so! http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/920760.asp

I`m sure some of you are really starting to look forward to this like me.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 09:12:18 AM »

Yep it looks really awesome.  The multiplayer content seems overwhelming, with a nice assortment of Hunters to play as with about 7 or so different game types.  Plus pre-game lobby voice chat!  How cool!

The single player will rock too.  I forgot where I read it, but whomever commented how it has almost the same amount of single player content as the original Metroid Prime game for the Cube.  That's a lot!

It's looking good!  Will definately be up for some multiplayer action once it releases!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Poomba
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 03:54:45 PM »

Looking forward to this one as well. I just bought a DS (for the second time) after growing tired of wiping the dust off of my PSP every so many days.

I played through the demo a couple of times and really enjoyed it. Felt a lot like playing Prime on a handheld...too cool.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 03:13:56 AM »

Anybody have the demo they don't want to play anymore?  My blue DS didn't come with one.  I'd like to see what it's all about.  PM me if you've got one for cheap.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 04:01:14 PM »

I liked this feature:

http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=a0khg4S5ojxyUJ1GX31j7VDPxidQe7zu&page=

Everyone hates it when they run into disconnectors online. How are you handling that?

We track a stat that the game calls Connection Percentage, but that I've been calling the Chump Meter. It keeps track of anyone who boots off. So, if I'm beating some kid and he tries to disconnect to avoid the loss, he'll be punished for that. When he turns the game back on, the game will know what happened and it will then hand out some Chump Points.

So basically, your Connection Percentage starts to lower. Everyone starts out on the same page with 100%, and as you disconnect the percentage will lower. Before you start a game with someone you can see the Connection Percentage and decide if you want to play with that person. But the cool thing is that if you get ejected from legitimately losing your connection, it won't affect your Connection Percentage.

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 10:34:05 PM »

Quote from: "weleavefossils"
But the cool thing is that if you get ejected from legitimately losing your connection, it won't affect your Connection Percentage.

How will they know if it's legit?  I can just kill my modem and I'm clear.

I like the idea, unfortunately if people want to cheat that bad they will find a way.  All this does is add another step to it.  Might cut down on the casual crowd, but the hardcore idiots will not be deterred.

Online cheating makes me sad.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 07:18:59 AM »

So are there "bots" of some sorts in the MP? Anyone know?
warning

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 12:21:39 PM »

Quote from: "Harpua3"

Yeah I read that there were.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 01:12:28 PM »

Quote from: "warning"

I could have sworn that I read that there are no online multiplayer bots.  Like you have them for local multiplayer, but not for online multi.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
warning

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 02:29:49 PM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"
Quote from: "warning"

I could have sworn that I read that there are no online multiplayer bots.  Like you have them for local multiplayer, but not for online multi.

Well I'm not sure.  I read this in 1up's preview:
Hunters supports four players total and offers bots to flesh out the action for those who can't rustle up enough competition.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3148567&did=1

I assume that means multi with other players and not just a bot-match.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2006, 08:01:14 AM »

You know, I watched a montage of MP clips, and if - IF - the devs nail the controls, MP: Hunters is going to be so fucking rad. It's going to be unreal. But they have to have the controls just perfect, or people are going to be hurling DSs across the rooms world wide. Let's hope.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006, 09:19:48 AM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
You know, I watched a montage of MP clips, and if - IF - the devs nail the controls, MP: Hunters is going to be so fucking rad. It's going to be unreal. But they have to have the controls just perfect, or people are going to be hurling DSs across the rooms world wide. Let's hope.

Did you play the MP demo that shipped with the launch DS? Wow, even 15 or so months ago, the control ROCKED with the thumb "do-hicky" :wink: .

I`m glad there will be at least off-line bots. If my wife can be on a team with me against bots of off the single-card play we`ll both be happy!
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2006, 06:25:26 PM »

Quote from: "Dafones"

Did you play the MP demo that shipped with the launch DS? Wow, even 15 or so months ago, the control ROCKED with the thumb "do-hicky" :wink: .

I don't, um, have a, uh, a DS.  :roll:

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: