http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 10:53:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Metroid Prime... Grrrrr *spoilers*  (Read 767 times)
ravenvii
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2005, 08:59:16 PM »

I'm at the very end of Metroid Prime. I'm at the last boss in fact.

And she's HARD. And pissing me off. Omega Pirate? Child's play, I blew hom away with half my health remaining, on my second try. Only reason I died the first time was because I didn't understand how to damage him at first. Meta Ridley? He was a wuss, owned him on my first try.

But Metroid Prime? Everyone claims that Ridley is harder than Prime. THEY'RE LYING. The furthest I got is to the fourth room (where he starts to change colors randomly). And I hear there's ANOTHER form of Prime RIGHT after that exoskeleton!

GOD HELP ME!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 09:06:37 PM »

I breezed through that game until the end boss too.  I never could beat that thing.  I got to the second version one time and just got my butt kicked.
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 12:32:53 AM »

All right, I managed to become fairly proficient at beating Prime's first form. I typically finish her with about 1/3 of my health remaining. The key is those homing missiles. When you see Prime shoot those off, FORGET EVERYTHING and focus on those two missiles and hit it with everything you've got. Once you get that, Prime is actually not that hard. Another thing is: forget about your damn missiles. This is the last time you'll ever use it, so ABUSE the wavebuster and the ice spreader!

But the second form keeps kicking my ass. What the **** am I doing wrong? I keep losing her in my sights because if I keep her locked in my sights, I can't see the ground, and thus can't find the phazon puddle. But if I look away and look for the puddle, she WHOOPS MY ASS! Arrrgh
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 09:27:55 AM »

If I remember right, once she cloaks and you figure out the correct visor to find her again (it changes randomly everytime she cloaks) the phason pool will also glow very obvious in that visor as well.  I would worry about finding the phason pool first, then locking on to her.  It was tough, but like the first form its just a matter of getting used to her attacks.  

Be sure to double-jump the waves she sends at you too...

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 05:19:12 AM »

Well, I finally beat the b*tch tonight. Man she put up a good fight, I only have half a bar of energy left when I delivered the final Phazon Beam.

Now that Samus Aran... I'd hit it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: