http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 10:18:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PS3/360]Metal Gear Solid:Ground Zeroes  (Read 1082 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2012, 08:02:14 AM »

With the 25th anniversary event taking place right now,they have already mentioned the movie being back on,now they have announced Metal Gear Solid:Ground Zeroes

Not sure about the title,but the game sounds pretty good,infact it sounds a little different from other MGS titles,an open world game being the main difference

Kojima Productions has offered a first look into its latest Metal Gear title at a special one-off event in Tokyo.

The game, called Metal Gear Sold: Ground Zeroes, is said to feature real-time cut-scenes and open world gameplay. It will run on Team Kojima's new Fox Engine.
It was revealed on stage by the Kojima studio during the Metal Gear Solid 25th Anniversary event. However, new information on the project is scarce because Konami has imposed certain restrictions on reporting on the game.

CVG

Demo of "Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes", started w cutscene (all realtime), went into gameplay, open world, night, raining, base. AMAZING

EDIT:Famitsu had this picture

Eurogamer
so with that outfit,it looks like its set after 'Peacewalker' and before 'Metal Gear'

According to one person the game was running on PC at Current-Gen Spec

Hopefully the gameplay vid can be released to us peasants

EDIT 2:

Okay,i reckon this is the first outing for Solid Snake,yes he is wearing Big Bosses gear,but the beard is not as heavy as Big Boss has it,also no eye patch strap

EDIT 3: oh i don't fucking know,people are saying the picture could be flipped and you can see his eyepatch strap above the goggles(you can)...so now its back to Big Boss

However,there is no Bandana on him,and i am not sure when Solid Snake got his Bandana..maybe
Spoiler for Hiden:
after he defeated Big Boss in Metal Gear
...so yeah..i wanna see that vid Tongue
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 07:58:51 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 09:11:29 PM »

some more from PAX:

So what else is new about Ground Zeroes? It's a "prologue" to Metal Gear Solid 5, says Hideo Kojima. The open world of Ground Zeroes is literally the entire world – a helicopter can be called to help during missions or ferry Snake in and out of mission levels. Moreover, you can customize the music that the helicopter plays when it arrives to help you ("Flight of the Valkyries" played during the demo we were shown today – Kojima says the louder the song is, the more of a chance of you getting caught, so maybe Slayer wouldn't be the best choice).

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 11:00:30 PM »

footage.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 08:13:16 AM »

Looks great,10 minutes cutscene and 1 minute(4minutes with the extended below)gameplay...yup,its Metal Gear alright Tongue

PS3 and 360 as well,can't wait

IGN have a 14 minutes extended version,skip to 9:30 minutes to start at where the last video started with gameplay and you can see more gameplay and a guy talks over it explaining the game,shows driving a vehicle and calling in an helicopter

Apparently this is NOT Project Ogre,and as you quoted above it is a Prologue to Metal Gear Solid 5,so my guess is that Project Ogre is MGS5

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 02:12:14 PM »

Question:

Looks like I'll be a dope and get the next game, but will I be lost without playing peacewalker on the PSP (I've read that it happens before...or right after or something) ?

I have PW, but my PSP power cord has vaporized and the thing is dead dead dead so no usb charging for me.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 07:01:27 PM »

Currently goes like this ATB

MGS3:Snake Eater
MGS:Port Ops(some people say Hideo doesn't like it,so it may not be classed as canon,but who knows)
MGS:Peace Walker
MGS:Ground Zeroes(Due in March)
MGS: Phantom Pain(Due ..er...after)
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2:Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 4

I think that is where Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain go anyway,still hoping for a Metal Gear 1 and 2 remake in the future

I bought Port Ops for the PSP,but i was absolutely terrible with it due to PSP,so i watched it on Youtube instead,so when it came to Peace Walker,i stayed away ...which hurt.

Thankfully Metal Gear Solid HD Collection was released for the PS3/360 which included Peace Walker for the home consoles,so i played it like that on a normal controller and the big screen,it was a good game

I would suggest getting that(probably quite cheap now)...or do what i have just done and buy Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection for PS3 that includes all the games(Except Port Ops)

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 10:28:17 PM »

I think they mention MGS PO in Peace Walker, so it's more of a side mission and I think some characters are referenced afterwards as well? 

I really wish that they had let a HD remake go over for PO.  I'd love to play through it again on Vita

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 06:48:03 AM »

well,this is disappointing,i was expecting it to be shorter than the main game later on,but not sure i want to pay 30 or 40 quid for 2hrs gameplay(not including side missions)(at GAME its £30 for last gen versions and £40 for current gen)

Ground Zeroes is short,really short

The prologue to Metal Gear Solid V comes out next month, and if you're expecting a nice chunk of Snake's story to keep you occupied until the full game is done, you should probably know that it's short. Really short.

Game Informer got their hands on a near-final build of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes for their March cover story, and they say they beat the game's main mission (not including side quests or special console-exclusive missions) in less than two hours. Less than two hours!

"Judged just by the core story mission, Ground Zeroes is short," Game Informer writes in the cover story (only available in the magazine, not online). "We completed it in just less than two hours."

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 07:03:17 AM »

some new details here
CVG
-Metal Gear Solid: GZ is set in 1975, while The Phantom Pain is set in 1984.

-In true MGS fashion, infiltrating Camp Omega can be achieved in a number of ways.

-Snake's binoculars can be used to tag enemies, allowing users to see them on their mini-map. The feature can be turned off in the options menu.

-Guard AI patterns are "wider and [more] unpredictable" than in previous games.

-Players can fire weapons from both a first and third person perspective.

-Line of sight shooting is well polished, with the playtester able to shoot between the wires in a barbed wire fence.

-Inventory management is done via the d-pad - earlier inventory system is gone.

-All found weapons can be used.

-When escaping foes, an onscreen numerical indicator is no longer used. Instead, a directional indicator similar to Far Cry 3 is used.

-An enemy's level of alertness no longer depletes via a counter. Users will need to observe and keep an ear on intercepted radio.

-A new ability allows the player to slow down time briefly when discovered by a guard. This allows time to quickly shoot the guard. This can be deactivated.

-For melee attacks, a button prompt appears when Snake is close enough to an enemy. Snake can select between 'interrogate', 'knock out' or 'kill'.

-Selecting interrogate can force the guard to reveal locations for ammo and secret passages.

-Vehicles take some time to learn. Turning radiuses are "pitiful".

-Ground Zeroes comes with "a handful of extra missions".

-The game features leaderboards.

-Playtester completed the story mission in less than two hours.

-Konami speedrunners have completed the game in five minutes.

-MGS V looks "slightly" better on PS4 than Xbox One.

-Unlocking side missions requires the player to collect XOF patches. Collecting them unlock the special, platform-specific missions.

Konami and Kojima Productions in November released a 12-minute gameplay video of Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes running on PS4.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 01:53:23 PM »

Looks like I don't have to worry, because I won't be paying anything for a two hour game.

Now I just need to find a PSP cord...
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 03:16:04 PM »

Yeah, I remember that playthrough video.  I was hoping it was more deep than that and they alluded to it by saying that the guy he rescued wasn't the one they were after.  I figured that meant they would have a number of potential targets and it would take some time to rescue them all. 

I'll still get this, but going digital and hoping for a PS+ sale price, otherwise I'll be content to play Infamous instead.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 02:08:10 PM »

Konami confirm price cut

Konami has confirmed that the price tag for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes on Xbox One and PS4 has been reduced, matching the physical prices for the game on Xbox 360 and PS3.

The prologue chapter to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Ground Zeroes will now retail for an RRP of £29.99 for both Xbox One and PS4, as well as Xbox 360 and PS3. The digital versions of the game for Xbox 360 and PS3 remain unchanged at £19.99.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is set to launch on March 18th in North America and on March 20th in Europe.

still probably be able to get it for cheaper,but its good the official price is down now

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 05:52:03 PM »

I'd love it if they dropped the digital price of this on PS4 to match digital PS3. 

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 07:05:17 PM »

while they didn't drop the digital price, they did sweeten the deal:

Pre-Order Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes now for PlayStation®3 through the PlayStation®Store and get Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition for FREE!

Offer available until the release of Ground Zeroes.

not much use to me though as I already have the Legacy Edition. 

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2014, 07:12:55 PM »

well, it's not as sweet for those of us who:
a.  want the next-gen version or want it on an XBox
b.  Live outside of the EU

Kurt Stevens
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 03:54:15 PM »

Just remembered that I had this preordered.  After reading through the thread, I canceled it.   2 hours of gameplay doesn't justify a purchase for me.  Plus with Titanfall and Infamous on the way, I've got plenty to keep me busy.  I still have to finish Thief and South Park and that's not counting putting some more time into Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare.   Backlogs make me sad. 
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 03:24:43 PM »

Reviews are going all over the board, as one would expect from a game of this nature.  great dev, great gameplay, too short, too expensive. 

Eurogamer - 9 (Kind of shocked at this myself)
Kotaku - Yes
Polygon - 5.5
Destructoid - 80
IGN - 80
Gamespot - 80
GamesRadar - 70
Joystiq - 70
Game Informer - 70

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2014, 03:43:08 PM »

1 to 2 hours to beat the game is hardly worth $30. I think I'll wait until it drops down to $10 or better yet is free on PS+.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 03:56:23 PM »

Wow
http://kotaku.com/you-can-beat-metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-in-ten-m-1546304654

Ten minutes???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 03:58:54 PM »

fwiw, the side missions and collectibles stretch that to about 10 hours.  admittedly in the same camp though.  

I'm somewhat torn on this myself.  I think I'll end up waiting as well, if nothing else to finally play Peace Walker.  

also, there was a walkthrough video of such a run on a side mission and it clocked in around 12 minutes, minus the opening movie.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 04:33:47 PM by Caine » Logged

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 03:59:38 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on March 18, 2014, 03:43:08 PM

1 to 2 hours to beat the game is hardly worth $30. I think I'll wait until it drops down to $10 or better yet is free on PS+.

They'll probably have it on the MGS5 disk anyway...
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 04:02:37 PM »

Quote from: Caine on March 18, 2014, 03:58:54 PM

fwiw, the side missions and collectibles stretch that to about 10 hours.  admittedly in the same camp though.  

I'm somewhat torn on this myself.  I think I'll end up waiting as well, if nothing else to finally play Peace Walker.  

Sure do wish it was cheaper.  Polygon review (iirc) said it just felt like a cash grab.

* with that said I do have a $10 credit on PSN so maybe I'll still get it as I am interested.  Or I might go the used route on Amazon marketplace like I just did with Thief.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 04:05:10 PM by leo8877 » Logged
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 12:14:44 AM »

Konami's gaming division must be desperate for relevancy and any kind of numbers this year.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2014, 12:18:46 AM »

Think I'm passing on this one, at least until a price drop. The last Metal Gear game I played was called Metal Gear and it came out on the NES.  icon_smile
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2014, 02:45:01 PM »

I picked this up on the PS4 on sale and after "finishing" the main mission I feel ripped off. This game exists for nothing more than to buy some more time to finish the Phantom Pain. I know I can go back in and play the side missions, but I really have no desire to. The single map in the game is tiny, the enemy AI is brain dead and why the hell can't snake lean left or right from behind cover? Reading the prologue material and watching the end movie was much more enjoyable than the actual gameplay. I have no idea how this game scored so well with reviewers. This is coming from someone who has played every single Metal Gear Solid game and loved them (Except for that action one with Raiden as the lead, please god no more Raiden). I might pay $5 for it, but even that is a stretch, I suppose I should be happy I only spent $18 instead of the normal $29.

It really ruined my desire to play the Phantom Pain when it comes out.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2014, 11:27:20 PM »

So I got this on sale and played through and then went online to read about stuff I missed/backstory etc.  Man this is some really dark material!  Yowza!
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2014, 03:42:35 PM »

Just watched a demo on Phantom Pain. Holy Moly. May be rescinding my 'won't buy it because MGSIV was the perfect ending to the series' statement.

Should I bother with Ground Zeros?
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2014, 03:58:21 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 26, 2014, 03:42:35 PM

Just watched a demo on Phantom Pain. Holy Moly. May be rescinding my 'won't buy it because MGSIV was the perfect ending to the series' statement.

Unfortunately if you are going to play Phatom Pain then you need to play Ground Zeros. Ground Zeros is essentially the prologue to Phantom Pain.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2014, 04:03:45 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 26, 2014, 03:42:35 PM

I think if you are a super fan then you will really like Ground Zeroes.  There's a lot of content imo*.  Also it's the big boss timeline so it shouldn't screw with your ending from MGS4.

*mind you it's not a full game so don't pay full price, but there is backstory and gameplay and side missions to last you a bit.  Especially if you like it as much as you do.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2014, 04:37:12 PM »

ATB, not sure, but did you play Peace Walker?  It leads into GZ and if you go in blind the characters involved won't be as important.  It also contains spoilers about PW.

GZ is worth a play through so you can get used to the sneaking mechanics, especially if you are attuned with how MGS 3 played. 

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2014, 04:58:55 PM »

Quote from: Caine on June 26, 2014, 04:37:12 PM

ATB, not sure, but did you play Peace Walker?  It leads into GZ and if you go in blind the characters involved won't be as important.  It also contains spoilers about PW.

GZ is worth a play through so you can get used to the sneaking mechanics, especially if you are attuned with how MGS 3 played. 

I have it for the PSP but cannot find my power cord  crybaby
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2014, 05:24:16 PM »

Cough

Although I would recommend going with the HD version if you can find it.  Much easier to play with MGS 3 style controls vs Portable Ops (ie, 2 analog vs 1)

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2014, 08:22:12 PM »

Quote from: Caine on June 26, 2014, 05:24:16 PM

Although I would recommend going with the HD version if you can find it.  Much easier to play with MGS 3 style controls vs Portable Ops (ie, 2 analog vs 1)

Explain.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2014, 12:32:27 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 26, 2014, 08:22:12 PM

Quote from: Caine on June 26, 2014, 05:24:16 PM

Explain.

What more is there to explain? The PS3 version uses the dual shock 3 with two sticks. The PSP version has 1 stick. Thus it's easier to control the PS3 version. Not to mention it looks better.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2014, 02:22:17 PM »

Ah. He didn't say PS3.  Missed that.

Aaaaand my PS3 died shortly after finishing Last of Us....SO. PSP it is.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2014, 02:28:33 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 27, 2014, 02:22:17 PM

Ah. He didn't say PS3.  Missed that.

Aaaaand my PS3 died shortly after finishing Last of Us....SO. PSP it is.

There's a 360 version that also controls better and looks better if you have a 360 hooked up.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: