http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 03:23:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid 4 for Xbox 360?  (Read 947 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2006, 11:13:38 PM »

File this under "rumor mill" but interesting nonetheless.

http://www.noooz.com/archives/2006/12/exclusive_metal_gear_solid_4_c.html

Exclusive - Metal gear Solid 4: Coming to Xbox 360

snaketraje.jpgSony can't be happy to lose another big exclusive.

Earlier this week, the information of Metal gear's non platform exclusivity was imparted to me by way of a dev source close to the team who cannot be named by pain of death. It's coming a few months later than the PS3 game, but it's happening folks.

This is said to be because publishers - including Konami - don't believe there'll be enough PS3s out there by the time the game hits because of the blu ray diode failure issues.

Now all I need is VF5 and I won't have to buy a 3rd console!

I'll get official comment from Konami in the week, but it is Saturday and this came pretty much from the horse's mouth, so you can count on this being legit.

I"m not convinced this guy is legit but I do think we'll see MGS4 on the 360 at some point.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 11:19:48 PM »

If it's on NOOOZ.com, it must be true!!!  eek

I'm sure "Dev Source close to the team" = his friend in Biology class that heard this from his friends cousins uncles half-brothers friend that works at a store down the street from Konami.

icon_lol

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 12:10:24 AM »

I was talking with my Konami rep today and funny enough...this didn't come up.  Neither did NOoooo00000zzzzzzzroflcopterwtfbbqlollerskates!

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 12:50:22 AM »

There have been heavy rumors to this effect for quite some time, though I wouldn't put much credence in this particular article.  It really wouldn't be that surprising- lest we forget, MGS2 was ported to Xbox several months later. 

My main concern would be the quality of the port- Kojima and crew tend to code very much for a platform's strengths (hence MGS2&3 and ZoE2 being some of the most spectacular looking PS2 games) and MGS2 was the rare game that actually played smoother on the PS2 than the Xbox. 

Personallly, I'd prefer separate games built specifically for each platform. 
Louis Cypher

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 01:51:28 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on December 17, 2006, 12:10:24 AM

I was talking with my Konami rep today and funny enough...this didn't come up.  Neither did NOoooo00000zzzzzzzroflcopterwtfbbqlollerskates!
Like you have some sort of "in"  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Spoiler for Hiden:
hehe, I kid!

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 03:10:07 AM »

with metal gear solid 2 for the xbox,it was the second edition,substance that we saw...maybe it will be MGS4 second version,that we'll see for the 360...as you know they will prolly put one out,just like substance and subsistance

substance for the ps2 and xbox were about 6 months apart(ps2 being first) i think when they were both released...although the xbox version didnt have the skateboarding extra if i remember rightly

i hope they bring all 4 of them out on 360  icon_smile icon_smile....hmm,maybe subsistance will make an appearance,as i still havent picked that up yet for ps2

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 04:07:31 AM »

Quote from: Louis Cypher on December 17, 2006, 01:51:28 AM

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on December 17, 2006, 12:10:24 AM

Like you have some sort of "in"  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Spoiler for Hiden:
hehe, I kid!

hehe...you caught me. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 06:27:35 AM »

Honestly, I think this guy was just capitolizing on the rumors to draw some site traffic.

Sure, it could come out for the 360, but at a much later date, and Sony will probably make MS pay dearly to move one of Sony's bread and butter games over to the 360 anywhere near release day.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 06:48:45 AM »

With as much as I'm sure MGS4 will cost to produce, can they really afford to limit their sales to the PS3's installed user base?  For that matter, could they afford to limit it to the 360's either?  I really think that the days of the 3rd party exclusive titles, short of being paid by the company directly, are definitely numbered.  Development costs are simply going up too fast to artificially limit potential sales by going console exclusive.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 06:58:25 AM »

Quote from: Chaz on December 17, 2006, 06:48:45 AM

With as much as I'm sure MGS4 will cost to produce, can they really afford to limit their sales to the PS3's installed user base?  For that matter, could they afford to limit it to the 360's either?  I really think that the days of the 3rd party exclusive titles, short of being paid by the company directly, are definitely numbered.  Development costs are simply going up too fast to artificially limit potential sales by going console exclusive.

Limit to just the 360?  It might cost them a million sales in Japan alone based on what MGS3 did there. 

As for PS3, I would guess that Sony probably has at least some form of exclusivity in writing, though probably only a timed exclusive.  So there should be some form of financial compensation there.  But, yeah, the cost alone is definitely reason to expect a 360 port sometime down the line.  With the hit that Sony's marketshare will take in the US from the 360, you kind of have to put it on that platform to reach the entire fanbase. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 08:50:04 AM »

This really doesn't excite me.  I mean, if I want to watch some great animation with no gameplay I'll rent Toy Story  icon_wink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 11:15:34 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 17, 2006, 08:50:04 AM

This really doesn't excite me.  I mean, if I want to watch some great animation with no gameplay I'll rent Toy Story  icon_wink

finding nemo was better

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 04:13:44 PM »

That is one franchise the PlayStation can keep.
Louis Cypher

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2006, 09:12:25 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 17, 2006, 08:50:04 AM

I agree, and what was up with that Raiden girl/guy?

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: