http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 12:06:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mercenaries Impressions  (Read 13245 times)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2005, 03:45:51 AM »

How are folks generally progressing?  Are you just barrelling through 52, or are you tackling the faction missions first, or a mixture of the two?  Also, what about the blueprints and Nat'l Treasures and bonus racing missions and whatnot?  Is there any benefit to getting something out of the way first (for example, in GTA it's smart to go through the ambulance missions early, so you don't have to worry about gangs and you get the unlimited run ability if you do enough)?

Also, regarding those tresures, blueprints, listening posts and statues, I know if you get enough, you get bonus stuff, but many of them seem to be hidden in blue faction zones.  Do you ever get to a point with a faction where you're allowed in their zones with no hassles?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2005, 02:15:56 PM »

I'd say i'm progressing fairly slowly.

In the first suit i did all of the cards (all of em) and all the faction missions (all of em).

In the second suit, i've done over half the cards and i've done half the faction missions.  

The SK and Allied first faction missions in the second suit ticked me off so i took a break.  I'll go back to it tonight.

The one thing i've learned about these missions so far is, if you go in with the idea that you have to capture each card and hoard all your money, you're going to have a hell of a time=)

Don't feel like you can't spend cash on airstrikes, what your really there for is the big bounty at the end.  10 mil in airstrikes is chump change.

I like the chineese light attack heli, makes some of these missions a lot easier=)  I plan to use one to blow up the chineese fuel depot tonight.
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2005, 04:25:28 PM »

I finished the game last night.  

Spoilers ahead, they are small to me, but they might be big too you.

Really im not kidding

here they come.  

dont say i didnt warn ya.

First thing that must be said is WOW the ace of spades mish is hard, and long to boot.  The thing about it is there where some things in this mish i should have seen more of in the rest of the game.  I dont want to give story spoilers but halfway through this last mish you enter a building and talk to a character.  ya get some info on the story.  Ive done ever faction mish in the game, as well as capptured or killed every single card in the deck.  this never happend except at the begining of the mish.  

Another thing, was the tank platoon.  At the begining of this mish you start off in an abrams and you have 2 AI tanks that roll with ya.  Later in the mish as you eat up ground troops are being dropped in behind you to support the attack.

This battle is more of a war that any other fight in the game.  yeah its not uncommon to pass buy some SK shooting at some NK across the road.  Thats not how this mish is.  Lets put it like this, after nailing the Ace i took a look at my total cash on had less than a mill.  That means i used a bit more than 4 million bucks in air strikes and support during this single mish.  i went in with almost 5 mill.   At one point during this i was trying to get my tank core and infantry support through a gated complex.  The NK keep me at a stand still blowing stuff up as it tried to get out and assault me.   After dropping more cluster bombs and tank busters that i care to imagine, i findaly said screw it and let loose a Fuel Air Bomb (the fiscaly conservative alt to a nuke) and rolled my way into the complex.  I stopped couting at 30 burning tanks.  It was unbelivable just how much song thew at me in the middle portions of that mission.   There where times where i would let loose a tank buster, and then start targeting a cluster bomb before the first missile ever even got there.  

All in all tho, the last mission was the big pay off i expected.  I dropped more bombs and killed more tanks and soldiers than i did during any one suite in the deck combined.  The first and the last Ace Missions where worth the price of admission.  

All in all at the end of the game, i killed 16 cards (none of them being face cards) and i caped the rest.

AttA
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2005, 06:15:01 PM »

i caped the rest.

Wow, City of Heroes and Mercenaries combined.  I wanna play that!

Fuzzballx, are you going through the missions willy-nilly or is there a definite pattern you're picking?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2005, 06:44:26 PM »

I just cant get into it anymore. Every single mission is a repeat of the last with a few differnt objectives and a few different free weapons. I put a very enjoyable 15 hours or so into it, but I am not sure how much more i will get out of it frown
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2005, 10:11:40 PM »

For the first suit, i just took it as it came, when i got info on a card, i went and did the job, and did the faction missions as they came available.

For the second suit i did all the mafia missions first then that face card, then i did all the chineese missions then a face card. (at that point i'd done like 6 of the face cards for the second suit).  Now i'm trying to decide whether to actually do the allied missions or not.  already made up my mind i'm going to go ahead with pissing off hte chineese tonight and doing the SK mishes.

So tonight i'll prolly do the SK missions then i'm undecided on allies for the second suit, i really think the baby sitting mission is just BullShit.

I find it really fun to sit down and develop a battle plan for each mish and then try to follow it to completion.  Never had such a fun military game before with this much freedom that felt so alive.  It's really incredible.

I mean, Operation Flashpoint on the PC was good...but the world felt dead outside of mission vehicles and people etc....and the world wasn't dynamic, it was set up for each mish.  Mercs is just awsome by dropping you in a world that feels living and breathing even though its not.  A world bustling with constant activity and opportunity at every corner.  A world with multiple factions where you are free to make and break alliances at will and progress the game according to however you feel you want to.  And also a world with heaps and piles of cool stuff to find.  It's like having a couple hundred easter eggs per map.
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2005, 10:16:33 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"
I just cant get into it anymore. Every single mission is a repeat of the last with a few differnt objectives and a few different free weapons. I put a very enjoyable 15 hours or so into it, but I am not sure how much more i will get out of it frown

Meh, BS. Havn't encountered what i'd call mission repeats or same same fill in the blank at all yet really.

Remember, regular cards aren't missions, they're targets of opportunity.

You don't HAVE to do them, they're totally optional.

The MISSIONS are widely varied and cool (except for the baby sitter one).

And, with approximately 356 ways to go at each mission....why would you get bored unless you completely lack imagination and creativity.

Stop hoarding and spend some of that money on fun.

Now to find a Map that shows all the hidden stuff...cause exploring with a fine tooth comb is not my teacup.
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2005, 10:27:00 PM »

Quote from: "Fuzzballx"
Quote from: "Rage"

Meh, BS. Havn't encountered what i'd call mission repeats or same same fill in the blank at all yet really.

Remember, regular cards aren't missions, they're targets of opportunity.

You don't HAVE to do them, they're totally optional.

The MISSIONS are widely varied and cool (except for the baby sitter one).

And, with approximately 356 ways to go at each mission....why would you get bored unless you completely lack imagination and creativity.

Stop hoarding and spend some of that money on fun.

Now to find a Map that shows all the hidden stuff...cause exploring with a fine tooth comb is not my teacup.

I agree, ive completed the game at this point, and i did every single faction mish there was to do, i did not feel like anything was repeating unless you mean that you shoot people all the time.....  Not to say you are wrong or anything, your opinion is your own, but you should definatly stick with it.  The missions that you get on the spade suite are really really cool.  i really liked the  last mafia and SK missions before the jack and queen of spades.  

I know fuzz is tell you guys to drop bombs like crazy, and he is definatly right dont hoard too much.  However there is a need to save money in this game for 2 reasons.  Unless you are a god of stelth you are gonna piss off one of the other factions Particularly the SK when you get to the ... diamonds or hearts... what ever came right before spades.  I had to pay a cooll mill to get the SK to like me again.  Also for the Ace of Spades and im not 100% sure about this, since ive only completed the last ace mish once.  However i used serveral mill to clear out Songs armor, and im not sure it could be done any other way.   Im quite sure i missed a few things beause of how fast paced and awsome that mish was, but i doubt you could get by with out spending a mill on bombs.  We will see soon tho since im sure ill not be the only one to finish this game.

AttA
maggie-chow
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2005, 04:34:22 AM »

I'm on the final mission, and it's killing me.  Incredibly tough, and yes, you will spend cash like a sailor on shore leave.

I love the game, but I think respawn points are always a bad gameplay element, always.  At least with this game, you can destroy them.  I still hate them.

If a faction hates you, just pay them, then spend time with a truck of whatever faction killing some NK.  You will get points with that faction, but you have to have one of their guys with you.  For the SK, I mainly got them back to green by just finding WMD and statues.

"I spill my drink!"    [Currently playing: Civ IV (PC), Romance of the Three Kingdoms X (PS2)]
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2005, 06:33:51 PM »

Well, i picked up my pace some last night, i did all the SK and allied missions in the second suit and did the Ace.

I actually managed to capture the ace on my second try, that was pretty cool.

A few spoilers....

On the first SK mission in the second suit, i used the light attack chopper from the chineese base to blow up the chineese fuel trucks and depot.  There's almost no  anti air on this mission and this made it rather easy even though the chineese went from best friend to hostile.

On the first allied mission in the second suit, i used a UH-60 chopper with gunners to ferry around the reporter and it worked really well, made the mission easy AND fun=)  You can grab one of these free just SW of the allied base across the river.

I found the key to the ace mission to be use the NK tanks to blow up all the buildings in that little base area then kill the infantry left over.  The infantry won't respawn once the buildings are all destroyed.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2005, 07:13:20 PM »

i also found that it's easy to get a faction to dislike status by taking random nk's out.  

ex.  the sk's were pissed at me after the last chinese mish, so instead of paying out 100k to get back into the base, i grabbed one of those allied apc's with the cannon and guided rpg's .  its probably my favorite outside of the heli's.  outside of the sk base is a road where sk, nk and allied vehilces drive by randomly.  the apc is bullet proof and no sk rpg humvees drive by, so i was safe.  i just stayed there for a while and shot up any nk jeeps that rolled by when the sk were there and got plus faction from it.  after a while, an sk driver got killed an left the gunner there to man the weapon.   that helped a lot as i could ignore him and concentrate on killing nk's.  that brought my faction back up to dislike and stopped the outright kill-on-sight.  

oh, and i found that the first sk mish was easy when you ignored the bonus timer and just went after the trucks rolling past.  as long as your chinese faction is decent, you can "borrow" the trucks and park them all next to one another.  after that, its simple to plant c4 and run to the max range for detonation before blowing them up.  i got minimal hits to faction and ended up using a borrowed tank of theirs to blow up the last fuel depot in faction territory.  

damn, i can't wait to see that fuel air bomb.  i was hoping that big boy was in the game and look forward to using it on the nk's

maggie-chow
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2005, 01:25:38 AM »

I beat the last mission.  Spent about $4 million on that one mission.  

ACE of SPADES TIP: use bunkerbusters and surgical strikes to take down sections of wall at the rear of the mountain compound.  You have to do this before you reach the top. You can then walk around it and jump over the wall.  Easy as pie after that.

MINOR SPOILER
When you beat the game, you start over on the first map with all of your money ($100 million since I captured Song), "packages", and items unlocked.  You apparently do not need to do all of the cards over again.

Will be fun using my choppers in these early missions!

"I spill my drink!"    [Currently playing: Civ IV (PC), Romance of the Three Kingdoms X (PS2)]
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2005, 07:47:48 PM »

Some spoilers here too in this post.

When you beat the game, you start over on the first map with all of your money ($100 million since I captured Song), "packages", and items unlocked. You apparently do not need to do all of the cards over again.

Developers take a hint.  THIS is SEXY.

I've completed all but 1 regular card now on the 3rd suit.  I picked up the pace over the last weekend a bit.

This game just keeps getting better.  Its awsome.

Favorite mission so far was taking out that big artillery unit in the upper right of the map.  The whole NE of the map was covered with SAM units.  I had a TON of fun on this mish.  I captured a gunship (the one with one a minigun, like 50 rockets, and 8 Air to ground guided missiles.  Then i went SAM hunting.  It is sooooo well done in this game.   I was able to fly around using ravines and mountains and hills for cover, staying low, locating the sam sites on radar, popping up, aquiring the target, firing then ducking back below a ridge before the AA missiles locked on or hit me so that even if they got a shot off the missile would impact the mountain.  Just the way its really done.  Doing this in an open sandbox environment was just a complete joy that i've never experienced before in games DESIGNED just for being a military helicopter sim like Longbow and stuff.  I mean yea this is clearly just an action game in execution.  But the tactics used are very real because of the lifelike environment you have and that just makes for pure fun IMHO.

I'm looking foward to finishing off the 3rd suit and 3rd ace tonight and starting on the spades.  So far i believe i've unlocked 5 cheat codes to play as different character models, some of which are definitely a nice chance of scenery (like Han Solo).   I find myself wishing i'd started the game as the chick merc though for a better view instead of the swede.

Overall, my impression keeps getting better.  I'd rate this game a 9.8 at this point have a strong feeling that i'll rate it a 10 after i've finished it considering the impressions i've read so far about the final missions.
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2005, 08:19:48 PM »

When mercenaries started development, it was supposed to be the next game in the XXX Strike helicoptor series, which probably explains why blowing things up with a coptor works so well.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2005, 08:48:30 PM »

chris, you mean the old series of desert, jungle, urban, nuclear?  or is this a more recent series

Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2005, 09:34:43 PM »

Quote from: "ChrisGwinn"
When mercenaries started development, it was supposed to be the next game in the XXX Strike helicoptor series, which probably explains why blowing things up with a coptor works so well.

It doesn't always work well though, i shouldn't give the impression that the choppers are the end all or anything.  They work great in certain siutations in the mountains.  But, in a lot of situations, flying a chopper within 500 yards of a target will get you obliterated almost instantly in a hail of AA fire from both AA vehicle launchers and handheld launchers.  The handheld ones are the hardest to deal with cause you can't lock onto them with a guided missile for a one shot kill.

So, choppers are very situational here which is good and realistic.  Usually, it is not the best solution to a problem, but sometimes, it definitely is.

I love the variety of situations and mission locations this game has.

Also, i finally figured out that if you blow up vehicles from waaaaaaay out at max range you often won't incur the faction hit if your being sneaky and doing it from max range.

Havn't found a way to not take a hit with airstrikes though.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2005, 10:31:23 PM »

That's the best part of this game, the feeling that you can complete contracts any and ever way imaginable.  I've had what I thought was a well thought out plan, only to have my apc or helo blown up, forcing me to get creative with the resources nearby.  Great game.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2005, 01:31:40 AM »

the first two ace card missions can be done a number of ways too, and there is no perfect path to completing them.  you have objectives, sometimes optional ones, and lots of stuff you can get involved in or just leave alone.

Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2005, 01:20:25 PM »

Just curious.

What character are you playing the game with?

I haven't started yet but I'm strongly leaning towards Jennifer Mui, the former MI6 agent.  She looks the coolest.  For me it's either her or the American.  I don't like the way the Swede looks.  Plus, I'm only playing this game through once so my choice has to stick.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2005, 03:50:34 PM »

Okay, I got really cranked up last night as the Angry Swede and man does this game kick ass. I just did the first card and the first of each faction mission, then ran around blowing crap up. A GTA-style game set in the demilitarized zone between NK and SK? Why did no one think this up sooner? biggrin Calling down airstrikes, blowing crap up, jacking vehicles and acting like I'm part of a faction until I honk the horn and run people down - it's all fun. Can't wait to get further into this, but that might have to wait until this weekend since the in-laws are coming to town tonight.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2005, 04:32:37 PM »

Does anyone know what the difference between the three characters is?

From what I can tell..Jennifer disguises faster.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2005, 04:52:39 PM »

Quote from: "Dreamshadow"

The American guy can take more damage, but he's slow. The lady is quicker and stealthy. She can even sneak up behind people. The Swede is just really fast, and toughter than the lady, though not as tough as the American.

I'm playing as the American, and I wish I'd gone with the Swede. Oh well!

PSN ID: EduardoX
maggie-chow
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2005, 09:22:18 PM »

I beat the game with Jennifer.  I never really had a problem with health, and I was running and gunning it half the time.  RPG guys seemed to tear me up all the time.  The game really has a very forgiving death system, it just costs $1000, and you end up at the MASH.  So the best characters seem to be the Swede, followed by Jennifer.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2005, 09:29:48 PM »

I played for a bit at lunch and just went exploring and stumbled upon the eight of clubs. I had no intel on him or anything. Are you really likely to just find the suite guys like that?

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2005, 10:23:26 PM »

Quote from: "Caine"
chris, you mean the old series of desert, jungle, urban, nuclear?  or is this a more recent series

Yup.  Old Skool.
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2005, 10:24:59 PM »

Quote from: "Dreamshadow"

The woman is voiced by the actress that did Bastilla and Falls-From-Grace.  The Swede is voiced by the actor who was one of the Nihilists from The Big Lebowski (also in Fargo).  The other guy is voiced by the actor who did the voice of Samurai Jack.  

You really can't go wrong.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2005, 10:41:59 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
I played for a bit at lunch and just went exploring and stumbled upon the eight of clubs. I had no intel on him or anything. Are you really likely to just find the suite guys like that?

Yep.  I think the only ones you need hard intel on are the Ace, King, Queen and Jack.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2005, 07:11:07 AM »

Yup.  Old Skool.

for this reason alone, this game just went up a notch in coolness.  i loved those games for the war setting and amount of destruction.  

so i guess this is like "Korean Strike" then?  kickass

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2005, 07:25:40 AM »

This game gets better every time I start it up. I'm still back in the Diamonds before the second map opens up, so I have lots to do still. Awesome stuff.

There's so much value there for the money spent.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2005, 02:29:05 PM »

Quote from: "Thin_J"
This game gets better every time I start it up. I'm still back in the Diamonds before the second map opens up, so I have lots to do still. Awesome stuff.

There's so much value there for the money spent.

No joke, and I'm still in the Clubs suite. I'm loving just running around and trying the challenges, running out into the forrests and stumbling onto gunfights, sneak assaulting the NK's, and hunting down the National Treasures and blueprints. I've only found two monuments to destroy though, which bums me out, but I shall continue forth! Laser-guided strikes rule all, at least until I get the bunker buster. biggrin

The Surly Swede continues on his path of destruction...

Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2005, 03:10:11 PM »

Well i took out Song last night.  Yea, i took him out....50mil is more than enough for the second time through so I carpet bombed his ass for the fun of it.  I look foward to carpetbombing or fuel-air bombing every objective the second time through=) woot!

I definitely rate this game a 10 now.

The final mission was PERFECT!  A fantastic climax to the game which was challenging yet not impossibly tough and has a great reward which means something considering to start through a second time with all your cash and unlocks intact and cheat codes open that you've opened to play as diff characters.  This game is just BLOODY FANTASTIC!

I have 26 of 29 vehicles unlocked after my first run through.  I think the last 3 are unlocked by completeing more of the bounties.

Anyhow.  I did the whole deck of 52 cards and captured or killed all of em and completed every single faction mission.  What an absolute blast.

I'm starting through it again tonight and i still can't wait to play this game.

What I do like about the Swede is he's arrogant and loves destruction, blowing things up, and starting wars like a psychotic maniac.
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2005, 07:30:05 PM »

Yup.  Old Skool.

for this reason alone, this game just went up a notch in coolness.  i loved those games for the war setting and amount of destruction.  

so i guess this is like "Korean Strike" then?  kickass

Think of it like a question on one of those old standardized tests.  
Mercenaries is to a hypothetical Korean Strike in the same way Grand Theft Auto 3 is to the original Grand Theft Auto.
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2005, 07:31:15 PM »

Does anything bad happen to you if you kill one of the members of the deck, instead of capturing them?  You get less money, but money has not been a problem.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 04, 2005, 07:38:07 PM »

Does anything bad happen to you if you kill one of the members of the deck, instead of capturing them?  You get less money, but money has not been a problem.

They say from the get-go that the 52 are wanted dead or alive. Alive just brings more money to your pocket, so take your pick. Nuke 'em all or bag & gag 'em, it's your call.

Dear Lord, am I loving this game. biggrin

AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2005, 09:28:50 PM »

Keep in mind while money may not be an option now, you dont want to run out of funds in the last mish.  i spend 4 mill making through that mission.  my buddy put in 6 and change.

AttA
maggie-chow
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2005, 10:03:01 PM »

I have 28 of the 29 vehicles unlocked ... I didn't do all the faction missions my first time through.  I wonder what the last vehicle is?  The only one I would really want would be the Allied M1A1 tank, but I seriously doubt that's it.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2005, 09:17:10 PM »

Oh man... last night was the bomb, yo. Jacking a tank and jacking helicopters sound cool, but when you see it happen you realize it's about 100X cooler to do it than to talk about it. One of the lower clubs was behind a tank and there were a few 'copters around above him. I took out the tank, killed all the ground NK's, then jacked a chopper that flew in too low, and then took out the other helicopters. I then landed, walked over and beat down the Club, then had him extradicted.

At this point, I thought the game just ruled all kinds of ass.

Let's see, what else did I do last night?

-found a listening post and took it out with a C4 charge completely unaware the building next to it would get taken out in the process biggrin

-got the Chinese "kill 3 Mafia leaders" mission and when I got nearby, I hoofed it to the top of a mountain and sniped one guy from there. I scaled down the mountain, snuck through town and sniped the second one. I then jacked a civilian car and drove right at the third guy and his entourage then leaped out about a second before the car plowed into them taking out the third guy. I then hauled ass out of Mafia territory without firing at anyone else, hence no major hit to my faction standings

-after figuring out the tow wench on the helicopter, I hooked an NK vehicle that was attacking the Allies and went as high up in the sky as I could then took off. I flew for a while then snapped back and let go of the truck. They went flying and took a while to hit the ground but when they did - KABOOM.

-jacking a NK tank and driving through the chain fence of an NK base and terrorizing it by blasting everything in sight, then driving back to the MAfia chop shop and selling it for $20K+ biggrin

I'm loving this game and I'm really not that far into it. Can't wait to get back into it today.

Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2005, 04:25:32 PM »

Heh, and i still didn't know you could sell jacked vehicles to the mafia...i'll have to do that a few times this time around=)
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 07, 2005, 06:13:41 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
-got the Chinese "kill 3 Mafia leaders" mission and when I got nearby, I hoofed it to the top of a mountain and sniped one guy from there. I scaled down the mountain, snuck through town and sniped the second one. I then jacked a civilian car and drove right at the third guy and his entourage then leaped out about a second before the car plowed into them taking out the third guy. I then hauled ass out of Mafia territory without firing at anyone else, hence no major hit to my faction standings

-after figuring out the tow wench on the helicopter, I hooked an NK vehicle that was attacking the Allies and went as high up in the sky as I could then took off. I flew for a while then snapped back and let go of the truck. They went flying and took a while to hit the ground but when they did - KABOOM.

Oh man.  That sounds like so much fun.  I never thought about picking up cars with the helicopter before.  Looks like I got something to do tonight... thanx WBS...
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2005, 06:25:58 PM »

There is actually a challenge in the first map towards the bottom where you first come into the area.  The challenge says something to the effect that Helicopters don't kill people, hurling cars with the helicopter wench does and you have to go out and pick up objects and toss them, it is great.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: