http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 06:01:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mercenaries - Ace strategies (possible spoilers)  (Read 1045 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2005, 09:23:23 PM »

Anyone have specific strategies they've devised to take down the Aces? Then why not assemble them here! smile Of course, spoilers might abound but hey, that's why it's noted in the title. I figured with so many options available per mission that it'd be fun to trade war stories on taking down the Aces. So have at it! I had some fun on the Ace of Diamonds at lunch today, but then screwed it up and died before having to come back to work. I'll post about it later. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 09:52:27 PM »

ace of clubs.  i have this one down pat.  first, after you get mop up the welcoming committee and remember where the stinger aa launcher is, get yourself a sniper rifle and head on over to the optional objective, the LZ.  snipe the rpg soldiers on the building by the nearby jammer.  snipe the pilots flying around in the choppers and the other nk's on guard.  you can then use the allies for backup duty if you want.  i would recommend loading them up in the aa launcher and driving it over to the plaza between the main tower and the jammer to the W.  

take out the jammers in a cc circle, starting with the E.  this is easy with the tank that patrols. hit the jammers from long distance with the tank and avoid the rpg soldiers.  between the 2nd and 3rd jammer, a small base waits.  take it out with carpet bombs and the other allied free support.  make sure the alarm and barracks are gone; all other nk's too.

take out the second jammer on the hill and roll back down to the plaza where you left the aa launcher.  leave the tank in the plaza and go fetch the stinger missle from the welcoming party, head back and take out the last jammer with the tank.  a hind will fly over and patrol.  if the allies die, use the shoulder mounted unit and take cover behind the tall buildings in the plaza.  after it goes down in smoke, hit the tower with the bunker buster.

the ace will run, and will probably run to the small base you demolished earlier for support.  chase him down and stun/punch him.  extraction is easy from the helipad there.

ace of diamonds to come.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Frog's Honey
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 04:39:23 AM »

Please help Whiteboy and FAST!!  I want my hubby back!!

slywink

I Love The Law!  smile
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 04:58:56 AM »

Hon, I bagged the second Ace tonight so only two more to go. smile Man, this one was an ass-whipping. Stick to the hills on the side of the map is all I have to say. Just stick to those hills, and know that carpet-bombing is your friend. biggrin

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 03:41:01 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
Hon, I bagged the second Ace tonight so only two more to go. smile Man, this one was an ass-whipping. Stick to the hills on the side of the map is all I have to say. Just stick to those hills, and know that carpet-bombing is your friend. biggrin

lol you just wait you aint seen nothing yet.  
The ace of spades makes that mish look like a tutorial.

AttA
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 09:39:01 PM »

Blow everything up, thats been my motto and it sure makes a lot of money.  But then, blowing stuff up and starting wars is my character's hobby.

And hey, if there's no structures standing the NK can't spawn anymore.
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 09:52:29 PM »

you guys want my tips on the last mish or would you guys rather wait and see it as a virgin before i start talking about it?

AttA
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 06:56:23 PM »

IMHO, its more fun to be a virgin going into the last mission because there's so many ways to do it, you only limit yourself by knowing how others did it.
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2005, 11:09:05 PM »

Quote from: "Fuzzballx"
But then, blowing stuff up and starting wars is my character's hobby.

I'm playing with the Swede, too!
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2005, 11:17:03 PM »

Ditto. A surly attitude combined with a penchant for blowing stuff up when a kind word would do is just the kind of anti-hero I want to be when I grow up. biggrin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: