http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 05:30:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mercenaries 2 impressions thread  (Read 24228 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: September 10, 2008, 10:45:30 PM »

just wait until you get your hands on the apache.  damn that thing is awesome.  biggrin

the heavy tanks are pretty kick ass too. 

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 11, 2008, 01:13:07 AM »

Tokek and I have been tearing shit up lately and having a ball. Thanks also to Dreamshadow I now have the viral achievement so if anyone needs it and sees me on, feel free to hop in. This game is so damn addictive. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: September 11, 2008, 04:04:31 AM »

Quote from: Roscoe on September 10, 2008, 09:53:54 PM

OMG, I just grappled my first chopper. Forget GTA4 and Spore, this is GOTY!!!  icon_biggrin

Too bad that element was done better in Just Cause.  Tongue

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 11, 2008, 01:44:28 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 11, 2008, 04:04:31 AM

OMG, I just grappled my first chopper. Forget GTA4 and Spore, this is GOTY!!!  icon_biggrin

Uh....suuuuuuuuureeee....i really tried to like just cause...but in the end crap is still crap even if it has really great gameplay elements.

Mercs 2 is the playable package.

Mercs 2 is beyond any shadow of doubt my GOTY for 360.  Only one thing makes a game of the year in my book and that is how bloody much fun you get out of it!

I'm well into the US missions now, doing US before i do China, and man it's getting tough...but insanely fun.  Coop definitely helps once you're into the later portion of the game.  Zero and I even failed a couple of times doing coop yesterday!! Yikes!  (Well, ok, mostly cause we charged in like idiots instead of methodically working our way through an objective, but still.)

I LOVE coop in this game. 
Spoiler for Hiden:
I also love the point where you unlock regular laser guided bombs!  I was really tired of having to call EVERYTHING by smoke except those precious bunker busters...but now i dont have to and laser guided bomb is a permanent fixture on my call in hotlist, as is the .50 cal rifle (finally, can snipe kill anything in one shot:) ).  The Combat Rifle (XM8) is also a really nice upgrade, you'll enjoy it, more accurate and 40 shot clip)  The 2 seat choppers like the anaconda where your coop buddy controls your main foward gun and you just control the rockets and missiles as pilot...ROCK ON...that really makes the chopper into a weapon of ultimate destruction at last.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 01:49:33 PM by Fuzzballx » Logged
Roscoe
Gaming Trend Reader

Palin-Fey 2008!

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 11, 2008, 02:31:41 PM »

Quote from: Fuzzballx on September 11, 2008, 01:44:28 PM

I'm well into the US missions now, doing US before i do China, and man it's getting tough...but insanely fun.
Damn, I'm at 62% complete and I only recently found out that the Chinese were involved. I don't even have a faction attitude bar for them, and now I see the Americans are coming! The game is getting better and better.

I played several Pirate missions yesterday and had a blast. Used light armor, choppers, boats, artillery, bombs and good old C4. The race missions still kinda suck, but at least they don't seem to be all hard, or block progression of the main campaign.

XBL gamertag: jztemple
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: September 11, 2008, 03:55:39 PM »

Quote from: Fuzzballx on September 11, 2008, 01:44:28 PM

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 11, 2008, 04:04:31 AM

Uh....suuuuuuuuureeee....i really tried to like just cause...but in the end crap is still crap even if it has really great gameplay elements.

Mercs 2 is the playable package.

I didn't mean that Just Cause was a wholy better game than Mercs 2, only that their grappling mechanic was much better done, used much more often and just plain more fun.  I think I've used it in Mercs 2 less than 10 times because usually there's very little point. 

DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 11, 2008, 04:04:22 PM »

Quote from: Roscoe on September 10, 2008, 09:16:17 PM

Sheesh, how do I beat the "Deliver the Rum" mission? I keep getting either my truck destroyed or... well, pretty much my truck gets destroyed every time.

I can't remember if this is the one that goes through the UP area, but if it is, hug the road near the mountain that the attack chopper is hovering over and instead of bearing left at the curve(which is where I was getting nailed by the chopper), gently go straight across
the valley area onto the final highway that takes you to the drop point.

I will agree that some of these are frustrating, but there are ways to defeat each run, and it usually involves straying off the beat-and-path especially on challenges 2 and 3

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: September 11, 2008, 04:59:26 PM »

Quote from: DamageInc on September 11, 2008, 04:04:22 PM

I will agree that some of these are frustrating, but there are ways to defeat each run, and it usually involves straying off the beat-and-path especially on challenges 2 and 3

Another fun way is to co-op it. Have your friend take the lead in a tank or something - it just slightly changes the balance of power in your favor. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 11, 2008, 05:09:08 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 11, 2008, 04:59:26 PM

Quote from: DamageInc on September 11, 2008, 04:04:22 PM

Another fun way is to co-op it. Have your friend take the lead in a tank or something - it just slightly changes the balance of power in your favor. biggrin

good coop makes many of the missions way easier- getting the jet pilot was a breeze if you had someone pilot you to the bunker, so you can jump out, set the laser then jump back in the chopper.

Plus coop makes the game so much more fun.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: September 11, 2008, 05:27:45 PM »

finished this with matias last night and immediately reloaded up an older game to after the other missions/hvt/targets i had missed.  i found that if you don't give a rat about that capture ach and don't fret the halved bounty, you can do the hvt missions against friendly factions with no penalty.  let's just say that they don't consider falling objects an act of war.   icon_twisted 

some of the glitches in this game are annoying though.  having the zoom in/out break makes laser strikes, binoculars and the sniper rifles much harder and it's a real pita to have that happen in a mission. 

the other glitch is so easy to exploit, but it's not like you can easily remember where the damn parts crates were when they disappear.  flying along you are likely going to see the message that you found another piece, even giving you money again and counting to the unlocks you get from eva. 

that's not the worst of it though as i have heard of many glitches and a lot of them dealing with screwy achievements not being unlocked. 

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 12, 2008, 02:13:42 AM »

MOAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! drool drool drool drool drool

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Roscoe
Gaming Trend Reader

Palin-Fey 2008!

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 12, 2008, 04:58:38 PM »

I got through the "Solano(?) on the oil platform" and "everybody attacks your base after you attack the big bunker the first time" missions which unlocked the AN and the Chinese. I did struggle on the platform one, but mostly because...

Spoiler for Hiden:
... I first wasted a lot of time making water approaches, then tried flying in on a non-VZ chopper. Bad move. Once I figured out that I could land in a VZ chopper without being attacked I was able to land and run right into the room with Solano (it is Solano, right? I'm bad with names). I nailed his ass and then ran around the platform like a nut blowing things up, then finally jumped into the water. I wasted upteen C4 packs trying to blow up the legs, before I finally got frustrated, climbed up a leg and called in artillery. Boom, no more platform!

The second mission I got through but took several tries...

Spoiler for Hiden:
I flew out to attack the big bunker for what I now imagine will be only the first time of several tries, after I found that it's going to take a tac nuke to bust it open. I managed to do low level flying to get to the bunker without being seen, then after the failed attack and the start of the ten minute timer I called up a chopper. That did ok till I finally got shot down after several attacks by enemy helos. I landed in the mine road area and was hunted by choppers and land vehicles. I *finally* got a jeep and raced back to the mansion, getting there just before the timer expired. Then I had to destroy all those damn tanks and AA vehicles and me without a single RPG round to my name. It took several tries of hijacking one tank to blow up the others, but finally I was able to get past the initial attack and then I just called in tank buster air strikes.

Then it was chasing Solano over half the map and twice he escaped by chopper before I could stop him. I was getting pretty pissed at this point, but on the third try I killed him before he even hopped into his jeep to leave the mansion parking lot.

So I've unlocked China and the AN and am having a gas with the game.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: September 12, 2008, 05:07:55 PM »

the guy on the platform was blanco, the merc who helped set you up and almost killed you. 

the guy who attacked the mansion was general cormona, the guy you rescued in the beginning.  solano is a weasily little business man. 

i finished that platform mission with a die hard moment.  after setting all 3 of my c4 in strategic places, i jumped off the heli pad near a missle boat i had hijacked earlier.  after my feet left the metal i hit the detonator.  damn near killed myself, but it was worth it. 

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: September 12, 2008, 06:12:47 PM »

Quote from: Caine on September 12, 2008, 05:07:55 PM

i finished that platform mission with a die hard moment.  after setting all 3 of my c4 in strategic places, i jumped off the heli pad near a missle boat i had hijacked earlier.  after my feet left the metal i hit the detonator.  damn near killed myself, but it was worth it. 

Fancier than me jumping off after I'd called in a 500lb bomb. That was cutting it close. biggrin

In co-op, my friend had the chopper running hot, and after I tossed the same thing, jumped in and narrowly avoided being struck by the incoming bomb.

As far as the return to the base mission goes:
Spoiler for Hiden:
'Borrow' the chopper that comes to attack you. After a few seconds, you'll be disguised as one of the enemy, so it's safe traveling until you arrive back home.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 12, 2008, 07:13:10 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 12, 2008, 06:12:47 PM

As far as the return to the base mission goes:
Spoiler for Hiden:
'Borrow' the chopper that comes to attack you. After a few seconds, you'll be disguised as one of the enemy, so it's safe traveling until you arrive back home.

Yes, absolutely - I feel like that was the one point in the game I have played so far where the developers actually intended you to do something a specific way.  To try to drive back is incredibly hard because 1) you are likely to get blown up coming down the hill by tanks and copters and 2) the distance by land is very far to cover in the time allotted and 3) there is no real land route back due to the blind spots in Fiona's radar - you have to go off-road and in weird directions to get there.

BTW, it was during this part of the game, after a lot of wasted time, that I realized you had to have your reticule on a copter to grapple it.  icon_redface Much frustration was had as I ran in circles underneath an attacking chopper yelling, "where's the stupid grapple icon!?"

Going up the hill I started out trying to take out each outpost on the way up, but after dying many times, I finally just stole a jeep at the bottom of the hill, after which you are disguised.  You can make it almost to the top of the hill before losing your cover, so you have already blown past the heavy weapons (tanks) and then you just need to take out the 2 nearby AA guns.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 07:16:14 PM by Teggy » Logged

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 12, 2008, 09:25:13 PM »

not sure if i like this yet...played afew missions,keep getting confused as to what i am actually meant to be doing,or where i am going

just did the UP mission where you have to have the helicoptor drop a listening device at 3 spots...i didnt know that i was meant to get there by my own means...so i stood on the helipad at U.P...for ages pressing all the buttons trying to call the helicoptor...figured it out in the end though

the challenges that the Irish guy gives you(whinching),that was another first try- press everything...second try- pass

and now i have done the first lot of challenges from the Aussie bird(she sounds australian to me anyway)..and the helicoptor pilot...now i am not sure where i am supposed to go..she doesnt give me anymore missions,so i have just be driving about the world,picking up human targets for the U.P and finding stashes of money for my helicoptor pilot to pick up

must admit,i laughed out loud when i went to pick up 'The Deverstater'

having a better time with this than Too Human though

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: September 12, 2008, 09:45:41 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 12, 2008, 09:25:13 PM

and now i have done the first lot of challenges from the Aussie bird(she sounds australian to me anyway)..and the helicoptor pilot...now i am not sure where i am supposed to go..she doesnt give me anymore missions,so i have just be driving about the world,picking up human targets for the U.P and finding stashes of money for my helicoptor pilot to pick up

If you don't know where to go, pull up the map and look for flashing icons. Head to that and do the mission there.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 12, 2008, 10:02:49 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 12, 2008, 09:45:41 PM

If you don't know where to go, pull up the map and look for flashing icons. Head to that and do the mission there.

yeah i tried that but couldnt see anything(you mean the yellow icons right?)..just has a lot of green icons meaning the people you can capture or the oil tanks..which i think are side missions/collectables

i'll be back on it soon,so i will check again

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: September 12, 2008, 10:18:05 PM »

Yeah, that's what I meant. Something somewhere is flashing. It might even be your home base.

Owain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 13, 2008, 01:05:45 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 12, 2008, 09:45:41 PM

But Fiona says to come back to the PMC and see her... nothing in there about flashing icons.   icon_twisted  I am sure you have been reminded of that about 722 million times already.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: September 13, 2008, 01:49:53 AM »

Quote from: Owain on September 13, 2008, 01:05:45 AM

But Fiona says to come back to the PMC and see her... nothing in there about flashing icons.   icon_twisted  I am sure you have been reminded of that about 722 million times already.

*throttles her and her utter inability to SHUT THE FUCK UP EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME YOU ENTER A PART OF THE WORLD*

I thought Navi was fucking annoying. No, Fiona is FAR worse.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 13, 2008, 01:49:57 AM »

Dreamshadow and Fuzz and I had a great time last night. Played with one before having to sign off then was back on and played with another. Also played with Simki (I think) but his mic wasn't on so couldn't communicate. I think it was Dreamshadow who was on an oil rig with me when we took it down. I was on the rig blasting away at guys and he was in the water fighting off the boats. Eventually he climbed on board, we took out everyone on the rig, then set us up the bomb. I sniped the Allied forces on one of the boats giving us an empty and waiting escape vehicle. We bailed into the water and so did I right as we triggered the explosives. As the rig is exploding, the surrounding Allies take out Tom. I can't get to him in time as he's floating in the water literally as the rig collapses on top of him pushing him to the bottom of the bay. We had a hardy laugh at the one. icon_cool

Simon

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 13, 2008, 06:20:18 AM »

Yeah that was me. I thought you had a broken mic so didn't plug mine in. Fun time and I scored 110 achievement points from that. icon_twisted
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 13, 2008, 08:36:07 AM »

okay,yeah it was my mansion....i talked with that Irish Helicoptor guy and he told me about Eva and her garage and thats when i noticed on my map that her place was flashing,after getting there(which was a bit of a trek)i raced her car with BIG wheels,around this track and got her on my team.....and then i talked to her and got that Misha jet pilot pissed up guy on my team after destroying a bunker(and it took me ages to find out how to use the laser thing,as i had ran out of oil)

enjoying the game a bit more now,just every half hour or so,something else stumps me,and i have to stumble across the way to use it(like that laser thing)

bit gutted though that i can't play my co-op games with any of my 95% American friends list...PAL and NTSC are seperate(EA did this for Army Of Two as well)

Roscoe
Gaming Trend Reader

Palin-Fey 2008!

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 13, 2008, 01:40:02 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 13, 2008, 01:49:53 AM

Quote from: Owain on September 13, 2008, 01:05:45 AM

*throttles her and her utter inability to SHUT THE FUCK UP EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME YOU ENTER A PART OF THE WORLD*

I thought Navi was fucking annoying. No, Fiona is FAR worse.

I just imagine I'm married to her and so I can tune her out, just saying "yes, dear" several times....

DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 13, 2008, 06:28:25 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 10, 2008, 05:50:38 AM

Note on Winching Challenge 3: Once you break $100 million in the bank, you start getting more than 5 million for completing it (as the minimum is always 5% of your current funds). I know that somebody else said it somewhere, but it bears repeating.

Okay, it does work that way up until you get over 200 mil and then for some "bugged" reason you only get 1 mil instead of 10 mil + thereafter

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: September 13, 2008, 07:27:02 PM »

Quote from: DamageInc on September 13, 2008, 06:28:25 PM

Quote from: Destructor on September 10, 2008, 05:50:38 AM

Note on Winching Challenge 3: Once you break $100 million in the bank, you start getting more than 5 million for completing it (as the minimum is always 5% of your current funds). I know that somebody else said it somewhere, but it bears repeating.

Okay, it does work that way up until you get over 200 mil and then for some "bugged" reason you only get 1 mil instead of 10 mil + thereafter

Or maybe they just figure you should get another hobby at that point.  slywink

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 13, 2008, 08:46:23 PM »

Quote from: Simon on September 13, 2008, 06:20:18 AM

Yeah that was me. I thought you had a broken mic so didn't plug mine in. Fun time and I scored 110 achievement points from that. icon_twisted

I do what I can. smile Mic works now by the way, so if you jump on again we can talk.

Also, I love the sound of the Panzercycle. That thing just rules. Oh, found another glitch. I'm flying around or in the vicinity of where spare parts are and I'll just miraculously "get" them. Weird.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: September 13, 2008, 09:17:47 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on September 13, 2008, 08:46:23 PM

Also, I love the sound of the Panzercycle. That thing just rules. Oh, found another glitch. I'm flying around or in the vicinity of where spare parts are and I'll just miraculously "get" them. Weird.

Apparently spare parts 'found' that way don't actually save. However, until you quit, you can purchase all the vehicles that require that many spare parts. I think I read here that you can reacquire those by flying over them again once you've left the area too.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 13, 2008, 09:39:18 PM »

Which would explain why my numbers keep dropping and going back up. This game has the oddest glitches. Fun as hell and I'm still going to wrap up Matthias before starting over with Jen but damn.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 13, 2008, 11:49:08 PM »

not feeling the love on this game at all,very bored...i have hardly done a thing(taken over 4 bases,done the helicoptor,jet bombing,races and shooting side quests and picked up a few things around the world and i have 40% already)..hoping the gameplay may change a little,all that i seem to be doing is taking over bases and travelling to those bases,that takes more time...nice gameworld though

Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 14, 2008, 08:17:57 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 13, 2008, 11:49:08 PM

not feeling the love on this game at all,very bored...i have hardly done a thing(taken over 4 bases,done the helicoptor,jet bombing,races and shooting side quests and picked up a few things around the world and i have 40% already)..hoping the gameplay may change a little,all that i seem to be doing is taking over bases and travelling to those bases,that takes more time...nice gameworld though

The % is way way way way way off.  I'm not sure how it really measures, but it's not an accurate % of content complete BY ANY MEANS...not even CLOSE.

Also, content is extended if you don't just rush through Chineese or Allied Nations towards the end...if you alternate and do missions for both until choosing one for the final mission.  (Final mission you can know because it's the one that offers you 25mil reward)

Each faction has about 4 base capture missions and then 1 or more set of timed missions (usually optional though you need to do at least level 1 of each to unlock some other story missions in some cases). 

After the base capture missions each faction seems to have some storyline missions which are more interested and involve some cutscenes and storyline advancement.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 14, 2008, 08:51:34 PM »

Restarted as Jen. This time I intend to play through the missions in each section then before unlocking the next go for all the spare parts in that area. It should, in theory at least, make it a cleaner way to find things. Hopefully less buggy too, but I'm not holding my breath. You know what might help, EA? A PATCH!!!

storz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 14, 2008, 09:23:39 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on September 14, 2008, 08:51:34 PM

Restarted as Jen. This time I intend to play through the missions in each section then before unlocking the next go for all the spare parts in that area. It should, in theory at least, make it a cleaner way to find things. Hopefully less buggy too, but I'm not holding my breath. You know what might help, EA? A PATCH!!!

patch is out, although seems from offical board, the patch worked for some, but not for other. Maybe EA will release another patch to patch the patch.    icon_evil

Patch note for those interested:
RESOLUTION ISSUES:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are issues with portions of the screen being cut off when displaying the game at high (HD) resolutions on certain
cards. Please adjust the scaling of your monitor manually to prevent or lessen the occurrences of this issue happening.
This is a known issue with the ATI 1900 series of cards.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (TM) allows the user to select the same native supported resolutions that Windows reports
available via the graphic driver. This means that the while in the game the user will only be able to select the same
resolutions that are displayed in the Windows display properties.
PLEASE NOTE:
USING A DVI INTERFACE CABLE TO CONNECT YOUR DISPLAY TO YOUR VIDEO CARD CAN SERIOUSLY
LIMIT RESOLUTION CHOICES AVAILABLE BOTH IN GAME AND IN WINDOWS DISPLAY PROPERTIES.
BUG FIXES:
When the user sets the shader level to low in the options menu, the user can set the shaders back to high
again.
The user can now cancel a contract by using a controller.
The user can set the volume levels to high and low using the mouse properly now.
When the user fails to find another player using "Custom Match" the menu options function normally.
Joystick sensitivity now operates as designed.
Adjusting the view distance from the main menu functions properly now.
The user can no longer create accounts using "spaces" in their names, thus allowing them to search online for
names properly.
Paper animations have been removed from the game.
All common 16:9 and 4:3 resolutions are now available.
****NOTE: DVI Cable connections will only return a limited number of resolutions****
Default brightness now works when selecting the "Default" setting.

Edit to add: this patch is for the PC version.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 09:25:17 PM by storz » Logged
Roscoe
Gaming Trend Reader

Palin-Fey 2008!

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 14, 2008, 09:45:06 PM »

Quote from: storz on September 14, 2008, 09:23:39 PM

Joystick sensitivity now operates as designed.

I hope they do something for the 360, trying to shoot a mounted gun is way too hard at times, and I've slid the damn slider all over the place.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: September 14, 2008, 10:04:46 PM »

Hmm, I can't say I've ever had problems shooting mounted guns (other than when they can't turn far enough by design). 

I would hope there is a "title update" in the works for the console versions, but who knows when with the console testing and certification process. 

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 14, 2008, 10:12:36 PM »

Yeah because all of us were having so much trouble with the fucking paper animations in the game. Sweet Jesus, Pandemic. You want to talk about wasting time on the wrong things? How about when I call in Ewan to pick up a find or deliver anything he sometimes vanishes into thin air before delivering it? As such, I lose an item/vehicle/whatever and have to call him back in? How about the spare parts bug, which has been thoroughly documented already on the internet? You're telling me that the resolution was labeled "Item A" to fix? saywhat

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 14, 2008, 10:56:45 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on September 14, 2008, 10:12:36 PM

How about when I call in Ewan to pick up a find or deliver anything he sometimes vanishes into thin air before delivering it? As such, I lose an item/vehicle/whatever and have to call him back in?

This happened to me once but I found out that he had been shot down. Don't know if that's what happened to you, but it can happen.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 15, 2008, 12:13:21 AM »

Yes it can. Not so much when you're standing right under him and he literally vanishes into thin air. Or when he comes to pick up either fuel or ordinance and sits there in the air while connected to the pick up. Then he vanishes after a few minutes of not doing anything. I call him back in and then he picks it up.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: September 15, 2008, 04:05:53 AM »

had that happen on the last mission with the anaconda i called in.  kind of annoying but i had another one. 

my most hated glitch is when the zoom stops working, making sniping impossible and laser targeting somewhat more difficult.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: