http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 02:13:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mercenaries 2 impressions thread  (Read 23948 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 03, 2008, 07:59:09 PM »

Quote from: Tokek on September 03, 2008, 07:54:57 PM

One thing I wish this game would do is save the vehicles that you brought back to the PMC.  I parked a helicopter on the PMC's helipad and it disappeared.

Yes, that would be a nice feature, like GTA's parking spots.  There is a garage at the estate that would also work really well.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: September 03, 2008, 08:11:53 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on September 03, 2008, 07:59:09 PM

One thing I wish this game would do is save the vehicles that you brought back to the PMC.  I parked a helicopter on the PMC's helipad and it disappeared.

Yes, that would be a nice feature, like GTA's parking spots.  There is a garage at the estate that would also work really well.

Yeah, this is one thing that is really missing.  I did the same thing with landing a helicopter on the pad and then lost it after going into the mansion.  frown

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: September 03, 2008, 08:42:57 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 03, 2008, 08:11:53 PM

Quote from: Teggy on September 03, 2008, 07:59:09 PM

Yeah, this is one thing that is really missing.  I did the same thing with landing a helicopter on the pad and then lost it after going into the mansion.  frown

According to a friend (but I haven't tried it yet), if you park a ground vehicle in the 'garage' area (follow the driveway all the way back - you'll see an entrance), and then wander inside, not only will your vehicle be fixed, but it'll be rearmed as well when you leave.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 03, 2008, 08:59:42 PM »

sweet.  this could come in handy with the UP's light tanks they have hanging around. 

it would have been better if you could call a pick-up with the heli pilot.  that may have made it a bit too easy to stockpile the goodies though.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: September 03, 2008, 09:26:56 PM »

Favorite Quote from 'Metal' Matthias:

'BUMPER CARS!'

And from various Mercs:

Look out, it's Matthias!  (And I was maxed friendly with them)

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 03, 2008, 10:12:42 PM »

I've been playing Mercs 2 for the past couple nights, and it's great fun... I was a *huge* fan of Mercs 1.

Having said that, Mercs 2 is nowhere near as polished and bug-free as GTA IV.  If the devs continue to support the game and patch it, then it can be a classic.
Simon

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 03, 2008, 11:22:16 PM »

Anyone found or unlocked costumes?
Owain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 04, 2008, 12:54:33 AM »

Quote from: Simon on September 03, 2008, 11:22:16 PM

I haven't yet because I don't think I can do it myself but I know you can get 3 costumes from Fiona if you complete the level 3 of some of her challenges.  The only other way that I know of was to have a preorder code.

I won't be suprised if one day some are available as DLC though I expect there might be a new map one day as well since if you look when searching for a game that there is an option to select a map choice but is limited to Venezuala for now.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 04, 2008, 01:20:30 AM »

Ike and I just spent 40 minutes trying to get through the first level jet ski race.  It was hilarious.  Giggling like little school girls.

Then we finally made it and I jumped through the final checkpoint and got an achievement for winning the coop race.  Neither of us knew there was such an achievement and we both laughed at just how ridiculous the whole thing had been.

I'll definitely pay him back when it's his turn to do that race so he can get it.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 04, 2008, 01:26:12 AM »

Quote from: Owain on September 04, 2008, 12:54:33 AM

I haven't yet because I don't think I can do it myself but I know you can get 3 costumes from Fiona if you complete the level 3 of some of her challenges.  The only other way that I know of was to have a preorder code.

I won't be suprised if one day some are available as DLC though I expect there might be a new map one day as well since if you look when searching for a game that there is an option to select a map choice but is limited to Venezuala for now.

Yeah, the level 3 challenges are really hard solo - I almost managed the grenade launcher one, though. Co-op should make them pretty easy, although I heard that only the host gets the reward?

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: September 04, 2008, 01:35:49 AM »

Quote from: Fuzzballx on September 02, 2008, 09:08:49 PM

Quote from: Purge on September 02, 2008, 08:13:44 PM

I'd like to play this game when it's not full price. I gave up my preorder today.

I still have to slog through the rest of GTA IV out of some sadistic need to date men.

Pathetic, trade in GTA 4 now while you can still get a decent amount for it... I actually made it to 51% complete in this iteration of GTA before selling it back...amazing.

The only two sandbox world games i've ever FINISHED are Mercs 1 and that new GTA clone series on 360 which name i can't recollect atm.

Crackdown or Saints Row? Crackdown is awesome. biggrin

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 04, 2008, 03:23:12 AM »

Quote from: Purge on September 04, 2008, 01:35:49 AM

I'd like to play this game when it's not full price. I gave up my preorder today.

I still have to slog through the rest of GTA IV out of some sadistic need to date men.

Pathetic, trade in GTA 4 now while you can still get a decent amount for it... I actually made it to 51% complete in this iteration of GTA before selling it back...amazing.

The only two sandbox world games i've ever FINISHED are Mercs 1 and that new GTA clone series on 360 which name i can't recollect atm.

Saints Row is also awesome.  I actually just dusted it off yesterday to try to finish it before the sequel hits.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 04:14:18 AM by Bullwinkle » Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: September 04, 2008, 03:52:41 AM »

I haven't unlocked any in game, but I did get the preorder code from Best Buy (picked it up the day before release...score!).  As far as I know you can enter it as well, but I can't confirm it.  Enter this without any dashes:  CCH7-XX3F-P4D8-46RH

Also, nice review, Mitch!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 04:19:28 AM by EngineNo9 » Logged

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: September 04, 2008, 05:18:08 AM »

I haven't had as much fun as I did playing Mercs 2 tonight than I have in ANY game in a VERY long time. This might take a minute to describe, so bare with me:

So my friend and I were doing some of the Pirate missions up North, and after a few of them, I'd noticed that we'd been awarded the ability to purchase the Anaconda Helicopter (the Hind). It's very nicely armed with a powerful minigun, 80 rockets, and a few anti-tank missiles. After buying a few for a quarter of a million a pop, we decided to go out and see what kind of havoc we could cause.

So we started commando type raids against the HVTs in the areas we could go to. I'd provide air support, while I'd drop off my friend to capture the local. Eventually, as I got low on ammo in the chopper, and my friend was driving around in a tank blasting away, I had this crazy idea.

I swung in and grabbed his tank with the winch.

After fighting with the controls for a bit (the tank is heavy to put it bluntly), we found that he was fully capable of firing the tank while airborne. We then proceeded to fly around, causing absolute carnage, with us replacing the tank (along with the chopper once when we ran into a few unfriendly SAM sites) when we needed more ammo.

The two of us haven't had this much fun in years. It was all cheers and laughs as our ungainly combination of chopper and tank defeated all opposition. Now to figure out how to top this when we play more tomorrow. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 04, 2008, 05:34:57 AM »

I want to try to hijack a tank that's suspended by a friendly helicopter in mid-air. smile

Damage jumped into my game tonight and for the longest time I couldn't figure out who the hell it was. I missed the sign in pop-up and it never occurred to me to look in the menu where it shows you and your friend logged in. We had a TON of fun taking out the HVTs and whatever the hell else was in our way.

My apologies to Damage and whoever else jumps into my games until this weekend. My headset is dead and I won't pick up another one until Friday or Saturday at the earliest, so I'm not ignoring you. I just can't speak to you right now. But jump on in. The water is just fine. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 04, 2008, 05:35:28 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 04, 2008, 03:52:41 AM

I haven't unlocked any in game, but I did get the preorder code from Best Buy (picked it up the day before release...score!).  As far as I know you can enter it as well, but I can't confirm it.  Enter this without any dashes:  CCH7-XX3F-P4D8-46RH

Also, nice review, Mitch!

That code didn't work for me, by the way. And thank you. icon_biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: September 04, 2008, 06:05:59 AM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on September 04, 2008, 05:34:57 AM

I want to try to hijack a tank that's suspended by a friendly helicopter in mid-air. smile

We're gonna have to try that. biggrin

And excellent review, Mitch.

One thing to add to the bug list though: During the course of the two of us playing, somehow, a tank magically 'appeared' that only my friend could interact with. When he got in it, I'd see him on foot, and whenever he'd fire a single shot from his machine gun, objects like vehicles would instantly explode for no fathomable reason.

Just to show how desynced we'd become, he went and left the tank in the middle of the road, before we tried to work on a mission we had loaded up. Shortly thereafter, I ran into the invisible tank, and on my end, exploded for absolutely no reason. Thankfully we both got back together again once he took his invisible tank, tossed it into the nearest lake, blew it up, and went inside somewhere to reset the outside world.

Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 04, 2008, 06:50:52 AM »

I have an extra costume code from GameStop, along with an extra beanie and an extra book.

Here's the code for the costume, first one who enters it will get it: 4AF6-4JCL-PUMU-WYRC

If you want to pay for shipping, I'll send you the book and beanie.
madpeon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 04, 2008, 02:55:25 PM »

Gave the code a shot, no luck. Must have been used alread.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 04, 2008, 03:06:50 PM »

Dang it, you guys are talking up the game so much that I'm finding my will to resist starting to fade.  Just one question:  how many actual game hours from missions and such can be found in mercs 2?  is it short, and then you just putz around with explosions?  or is there some real meat in there?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Simon

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 04, 2008, 03:08:53 PM »

Quote from: madpeon on September 04, 2008, 02:55:25 PM

Gave the code a shot, no luck. Must have been used alread.

I grabbed it before heading to bed last night.

Thanks Tokek! I got the book and the beanie with my pre-order but no code (didn't even know you got one), so very happy to get that.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 04, 2008, 03:54:23 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on September 04, 2008, 05:34:57 AM

Damage jumped into my game tonight and for the longest time I couldn't figure out who the hell it was. I missed the sign in pop-up and it never occurred to me to look in the menu where it shows you and your friend logged in. We had a TON of fun taking out the HVTs and whatever the hell else was in our way.

My apologies to Damage and whoever else jumps into my games until this weekend. My headset is dead and I won't pick up another one until Friday or Saturday at the earliest, so I'm not ignoring you. I just can't speak to you right now. But jump on in. The water is just fine. smile

I think we did pretty good for not being able to communicate. It was an interesting exercise. Co-op is definitely a blast (no pun intended)

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 04, 2008, 03:56:30 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on September 04, 2008, 03:23:12 AM

Quote from: Purge on September 04, 2008, 01:35:49 AM

Saints Row is also awesome.  I actually just dusted it off yesterday to try to finish it before the sequel hits.

Saint's Row:) that's the one....i didn't get crackdown..demo didn't grow on me and i found it too silly in a bad way.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: September 04, 2008, 04:02:39 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on September 04, 2008, 03:06:50 PM

Dang it, you guys are talking up the game so much that I'm finding my will to resist starting to fade.  Just one question:  how many actual game hours from missions and such can be found in mercs 2?  is it short, and then you just putz around with explosions?  or is there some real meat in there?

I've not looked too closely at that yet, mostly because I've not played for more than an hour at a time..but I'm showing to be 35% in already, and I just got the pirate faction outposts last night.  *shrug* I'm not seeing a 40 hour game here...unless you just have fun with every single side mission. 

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2008, 04:05:32 PM »

The missions start to get longer (and harder) as time goes on. It looks to be a 15-20 hour game, once you're all done with it, but it's a hell of a lot of fun to play (especially with a friend - online co-op is a BLAST!).

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 04, 2008, 04:19:31 PM »

ok, after some cool off time I got back to this and passed that damned race without flying off the turn by that final rock slide and got back into the joy of blowing shit up.  I've been experimenting with the bunker buster-  just using it and re-loading.  the best use so far has been on an oil rig.  I've also been blowing up stuff in the first town using the tanks from the UCP base-  you get bonus cash/supplies for blowing up billboards, and I got bored and took down some building and parts of the highway bridge that surrounds the city.  I also love jumping vehicles over stuff, especially the motorcycles (which apparently are some special model that cannot be knocked over and keep going on 2 wheels even after the rider is knocked off)- too bad there's no way to record some of the jumps.

The rocket soldiers are pretty annoying and really needed limited ammo.  that said, yeah, dying is hard in the game.  I've gotten dwon to 1 HP and still been able to run away.  some of the things that do damage are kind of ridiculous too-  10 points off a car for bumping another one at a low speed?

One thing I can't remember-  did the original game have a day/night cycle?  I thought it did but then I was thinking it might have been a seperate mission to take down an Ace card that was at night.  Still, it would have been cool to have it switch to night and have the soldiers bunk down with some guards out for some cool night time raids.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: September 04, 2008, 05:37:34 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 04, 2008, 04:19:31 PM

The rocket soldiers are pretty annoying and really needed limited ammo.  that said, yeah, dying is hard in the game.  I've gotten dwon to 1 HP and still been able to run away.  some of the things that do damage are kind of ridiculous too-  10 points off a car for bumping another one at a low speed?

One thing I can't remember-  did the original game have a day/night cycle?  I thought it did but then I was thinking it might have been a seperate mission to take down an Ace card that was at night.  Still, it would have been cool to have it switch to night and have the soldiers bunk down with some guards out for some cool night time raids.

I've blown up my tank before by running it into a sandbag at very slow speeds. Care to explain that one to me?

And I don't think there was a day/night cycle in the original. Yes on the separate mission thing in the first game. I remember being shown that.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 04, 2008, 06:07:06 PM »

I caved and bought the game.  Ten minutes of play, and I got the viral achievement.  Also learned that I don't want the game set to link up with strangers anymore.

I really enjoy it so far.  The humor is phenomenal.  I LOVE the Devastator.  I'd read other comments about it, but didn't know what to expect.  Blowing stuff up is more fun than I remembered from the first game (I, too, never got far past the first deck, though I enjoyed it - I'm actually glad this one seems shorter).

I'm glad the forum effect got me this time.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 04, 2008, 06:09:29 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 03, 2008, 03:51:36 AM

2) I beat the mechanic driving mission the very first time.  icon_twisted Tongue

same here.  i got very close to timing out a few times, but i was able to make it to the next checkpoint in time.  

did a bunch of the plav's missions and royally pissed off the UP doing it.  oh well, i still have their buildings to destroy.  there are a lot of them this time, and they get harder.  i died last night to an alerted building while trying to drop some arty at their doorstep.  it was very satisfying to take them out on the second try though.  artillery fire kicks butt.  hopefully they up it with a heavy barrage option later on.  

got all of the recruits too and misha's mission is so damn fun i wish i could replay it again.  that's a great showpiece and would make a killer demo.  after i grabbed the bombs, i circled the small island looking for a good vantage point to see the bunker, but it was well guarded by the fort, so i drove back down to find the jetski i used to get there.  oh look, an enemy heli is patrolling around.  i jumped out, hijacked the chopper and then pulled out a trick from mercs 1 i used to great success:  dropping vehicles on other vehicles to explode them both.  then i saw the abundance of VZ oil tanks lying around.  those make great bombs if you can aim the drop just right.  took out both tanks and the alarm towers and bunkers in the fort.  swapped my heli for a fresh one after the sams got me and layed waste to the bunker with a very satisfying explosion.  the heli didn't just explode mid- air like in the last one, so i was able to jump out and survive.  mercs 1 would have been a mission restart.  

very satisfied that i picked this up.  incredibly fun game.  solid 9 now.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 04, 2008, 06:22:39 PM »

I need some new friends on XBL so I can play some Mercs 2 coop  icon_lol
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 05, 2008, 12:41:45 AM »

Just had a strange thing happen - I was on a mission and called in an helicopter delivery (delivery of an actual helicopter). It's taking forever, and the helicopter doesn't arrive, even though I was told it was on its way. Later on, I drop down to a lower area, and sure enough, there's Ewan, standing by the wreck of the helicopter. He had gotten shot down, but strangely enough the game didn't remove the character.

Had a very cool moment while taking out a stone bridge.  I put 3 bundles of C4 down and pointed the camera towards me so I could see the explosion as I was running from it. As I approached the stairs leading down the bridge, I pulled the trigger, not really knowing how big the explosion would be. The entire bridge, right up to the stairs, comes crashing down just as I get my foot on the first step. I just made it.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 05, 2008, 05:51:09 AM »

tonight I got the PLAV mission that ends up being a defend the building against a ton of tanks mission/infinite RPG soldiers, tanks that takes them about 2 hits to destroy yet theirs can take 3 or 4 hits, not to mention they are clairvoyant and know exactly which way you are about to run around a building to ambush them.  It's stuff like that that is outweighing any fun factor there is to be had.  The story progression is helping much either-  do a big mission, capture a bunch of outposts, get another big mission-  oh, hey, more outposts!  I miss the Deck of Bounties from the first game, where each one would be slightly different (this guy was in charge of the tank division, this guy was air defense), whereas all the HVT have been go in, kill everything, grab the guy affairs with nothing special.

on the bright side the game did serve it's purpose of holding me over til Spore.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 05, 2008, 12:04:03 PM »

Yeah. The omniscient yet somehow stupid AI is annoying and I too also miss the playing card mechanic from the first one, but overall this is still a very solid B title that I'm going to keep playing.  Had some great fun last night zooming around in a helicopter.

I zoomed over this huge mansion and figured there had to be an HVT in there. I came in for a closer look  and there was. I landed right next to his pool, shot up all the guards, subdued him, called for extraction, got in the helicopter and left.  It was pretty fun.

Question: How come if I load up a vehicle with a faction's soldiers and take them to a battle, they seem to almost instantly disappear once we get out of the vehicle?  I don't know if they get killed by the first bullet that hits them or what, but it makes me wonder if it's worth the effort of topping off with doodz before I go on a mission.
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 05, 2008, 01:29:36 PM »

The AI of friendly factions is pretty much worthless. If you have a guy manning a turret he may occasionally help in thinning out an enemy or two, but once they get out of the car, they're dog meat.

The HVT and outpost capture missions are getting really stale and I've gotten to a few main story missions for the UP and PLAV that have made me want to pull my hair out. I think it's a combination of your friendly AI being so dumb and the enemy AI being so smart (relatively speaking) that's a cause of a lot of frustration for me.

I can see the gameplay being pretty tedious and grinding:
1. Need to progress main story with Faction 1
2. Do some contracts to appease Faction 1
3. Complete Faction 1 story mission and now no more active contracts with Faction 1. Faction 2 pissed.
4. Rinse and repeat with Faction 2.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 01:37:44 PM by spigot » Logged

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: September 05, 2008, 02:24:01 PM »

Remember - if you kill the people trying to call home, your faction will not decrease. EVER. Yes, it's tough, but it's doable. Right now I'm friendly with all three factions (with the game about 60% complete according to the stats). Plus, you make so much money so easily (5 million now for 2 minutes of stacking crates back at home base), that you can just bribe your way back if you don't feel like 'grinding'.

In my experience, loading up on AI troops is pretty much a waste of time. I've had soldiers die because I crashed into another vehicle, I've had them die because they got shot through the windows, and I've had them die to a single bullet as soon as I get out of the car. That said - that means that for that moment, they're not shooting at you, which I see as a good thing.

CeeKay - thought about bringing down some more ordinance? A nice attack chopper might help, along with you manning the anti-tank guns that surround the church. Or drop an anti-tank 'summon power' (as I think the mission recommends). I won the mission without any of those (short of borrowing a tank or two), but by the skin of my teeth (the church pretty much exploded the moment I got the 'checkpoint updated' notice).

I have to say though - the AI being this 'smart' is really annoying. They can predict where you'll be when their shots reach you, even if they couldn't see you in the first place to make that prediction. Thankfully, you have much more firepower than they do (carpet bombs rule biggrin).

Also - co-op seems to be the way to play this game. It's so much more fun.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 05, 2008, 02:46:30 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 05, 2008, 02:24:01 PM

CeeKay - thought about bringing down some more ordinance? A nice attack chopper might help, along with you manning the anti-tank guns that surround the church. Or drop an anti-tank 'summon power' (as I think the mission recommends). I won the mission without any of those (short of borrowing a tank or two), but by the skin of my teeth (the church pretty much exploded the moment I got the 'checkpoint updated' notice).

I really didn't have a problem with that mission - IIRC there are recoilless rifles on both sides of the church you can use and they drop RPGs for you. I only wound up dying when I got to the stadium and got blown up by rpgs from the stands.

Owain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 05, 2008, 02:59:17 PM »

Quote from: Tokek on September 04, 2008, 06:22:39 PM

I need some new friends on XBL so I can play some Mercs 2 coop  icon_lol

Me too since nobody else on my friends list is ever available or already in a game with someone else. finger

Feel free to add me my gamer tag is: Owain X

Also for those having issues with the church mission,  I found one of the airstrikes that deal with tanks in a wide area to be wonderful.  I think it was one you buy from UP and it would wipe out 3 or 4 tanks at a time.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 03:05:19 PM by Owain » Logged
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: September 05, 2008, 03:10:59 PM »

I've got the viral achievement, thanks to a random player this morning.  Let me know if you'd like it.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 05, 2008, 03:30:36 PM »

Quote from: Dreamshadow on September 05, 2008, 03:10:59 PM

I've got the viral achievement, thanks to a random player this morning.  Let me know if you'd like it.

Yes please. Will you be on tonight?
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: September 05, 2008, 03:39:30 PM »

Not sure.  I've signed up for a Black Temple raid in WOW, so I'll be there from 7pm CST to about 11pm CST...but then I usually unwind from Raiding by playing Xbox.  If I get on, it will be to play Mercs2.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: