http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 04:13:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mercenaries 2 impressions thread  (Read 24118 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2008, 09:20:03 PM »

The Devastator rules. "Hey Merc! That bike more'n you can handle?" hahahahahahaha!

This game thus far is fucking awesome... with a few quirks. It's like "Bad Boys" directed by Robert Rodriguez and written by Quentin Tarantino. Yes, that makes sense in my head and may not in yours. But this is way fun thus far. Now... how's it hold up in the long term? Let us find out...

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Vinda-Lou

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2008, 10:34:22 PM »

You guys stink.  Now I'm thinking about taking my Spore Galactic Edition pre-pay and buying Mercs2 instead... icon_evil

Or maybe just get both... icon_twisted
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2008, 11:11:54 PM »

Okay, here's a question - when I tag something be it munitions/cash/whatever and Ewan is supposed to pick it up, does he? Or do I automatically "get" the equipment/cash/whatever? I don't see him flying in to pick up squat and I've tagged like 15 things. Thoughts?

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2008, 11:20:45 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on September 01, 2008, 11:11:54 PM

Okay, here's a question - when I tag something be it munitions/cash/whatever and Ewan is supposed to pick it up, does he? Or do I automatically "get" the equipment/cash/whatever? I don't see him flying in to pick up squat and I've tagged like 15 things. Thoughts?

After you tag it, you have to call in a "airlift pickup resource" or something like that using the d-pad. Then he'll come in and swoop it up, if there aren't any SAMs or AAs in the area, that is.

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2008, 11:45:15 PM »

Yeah, the first few times I tagged something I was wondering what the deal was, too.  It seems a bit weird that you first have to tag it and then throw the smoke for a pickup.

Does anybody know if you can get more than one of the vehicles that you win from your recruits?  I was messing around with a bunch of them (which ended in every one of them exploding eventually) and now I don't have them any more.  It kind of sucks if you only get one.  That Urban Commando was freaking awesome, but it seems that even if I complete the trials again I only get the money and not the vehicles. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2008, 11:49:49 PM »

Thanks for the tips. I just figured that out on my own so now I'm running around to all the stuff I already tagged and re-tagging it again to have it picked up. smile Also, doing some of the HVT's and I like how you more or less stumble onto them. You can see them all on the map but it's fun chasing after them. Also, sniper rifle + enemy helicopters = win. icon_twisted

RuperT
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2008, 11:51:16 PM »

Quote from: Gertbeef on September 01, 2008, 09:10:57 PM

I took a little break from Tales of Vesperia to fire this up and am really enjoying it. I really don't have many complaints yet. I loved the first one, and this seems like more of the same with a lot of tweaking and things added.

I was wandering about though and grabbed one of those HVTs. I had done one previously no problem, but this one I have tied up and with me, but it seems no matter where I am I can't call in a chopper to pick him up because it says the area is hostile or something like that. I even took him back to home base and still says hostile. Any ideas on this? I swear the first time I had the chopper come nab the guy while there were still all sorts of hostiles right around him.

It's aggravating me.

I'm such a scrooge in these games though. I HATE spending the cash to get the artillery strikes or all that good stuff, so I end up making things much more difficult than I should. It's the same problems I have in RPG's where I realize that I have the max amount of potions and such because I hate to think I'd run out at some point. smile
I'm the same way with hoarding resources; I always have plenty at the end.  I can barely bring myself to use them at whatever climactic final battle there might be.
Regarding the HVT:  I rented this just yesterday, and haven't quite figured out the faction nuances, but I did notice that you need to be friendly with the Faction that wants the HVT in order for them to come pick him up.

Live: MooseFoe
PSN: Rupyrt
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 02, 2008, 01:36:35 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 01, 2008, 11:45:15 PM

Does anybody know if you can get more than one of the vehicles that you win from your recruits?  I was messing around with a bunch of them (which ended in every one of them exploding eventually) and now I don't have them any more.  It kind of sucks if you only get one.  That Urban Commando was freaking awesome, but it seems that even if I complete the trials again I only get the money and not the vehicles. 

Do you mean the vehicles that you win from the challenges? I'm not sure, but did you go to that person's "shop" menu? I know that you can buy more of the big bunny hopping behemoth from Eva in her menu. I don't know if they will be there, just wondering.

OK, I have to once again edit my findings on the spare parts bins.  I was back at UP HQ and the used up spare parts bin right in front of the main entrance was back again.  Don't know what's going on there.

The more I play this I can't see how people could have scored GTAIV so much higher. The game is probably not as epic (I'm already 50% through and I haven't played that long), and there are some differences in terms of it being a "living, breathing city" (no day/night cycle, for example). However, the graphics IMHO are just as good (GTAIV had plenty of popup), the map is HUGE and there is so much more variety in vehicles and weapons. A lot of the content that extended the game in GTA was basically busywork - steal x number of cars, win x number of multi-lap street races, go on dates, etc. Here, the races are much more fun (at least the ones I have played so far) because they are single-lap and include jumps and shooting, and most of the other side missions involve attacking an area any way you choose. The story may not be as emotional, but the characters are humorous and likable. Plus there is co-op. I did feel very compelled to push forward when playing GTA, but I am also really enjoying my time in this world.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2008, 02:43:46 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on September 02, 2008, 01:36:35 AM

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 01, 2008, 11:45:15 PM

Do you mean the vehicles that you win from the challenges? I'm not sure, but did you go to that person's "shop" menu? I know that you can buy more of the big bunny hopping behemoth from Eva in her menu. I don't know if they will be there, just wondering.

Well, the "big bunny hopping behemoth" is the one exception because that is part of the shop menu that Eva has for when you get custom built machines from the collected parts.  The vehicles I'm talking about are the ones you win from the challenges each recruit gives you, and they don't have shop menus (including the other cars you win from Eva for the destruction races and normal races). 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2008, 03:25:38 AM »

Just picked this up, it patched when i first turned it on, dunno what it patched though.

Only played the intro mission so far...i think i orgasmed at one point while blowing stuff up with the tank....if the game holds up to the intro mission it'll be my second favorite game ever behind TIE Fighter Collectors edition.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2008, 03:44:59 AM »

The more I play this I can't see how people could have scored GTAIV so much higher. The game is probably not as epic (I'm already 50% through and I haven't played that long), and there are some differences in terms of it being a "living, breathing city" (no day/night cycle, for example). However, the graphics IMHO are just as good (GTAIV had plenty of popup), the map is HUGE and there is so much more variety in vehicles and weapons. A lot of the content that extended the game in GTA was basically busywork - steal x number of cars, win x number of multi-lap street races, go on dates, etc. Here, the races are much more fun (at least the ones I have played so far) because they are single-lap and include jumps and shooting, and most of the other side missions involve attacking an area any way you choose. The story may not be as emotional, but the characters are humorous and likable. Plus there is co-op. I did feel very compelled to push forward when playing GTA, but I am also really enjoying my time in this world.

Exactly right. The whole time I played through GTA4 I kept thinking how much better Mercenaries did everything three years previously. This one is sooooo much more fun, and has so much more personality (yup, it does) and while the game world may not be dynamic it remains vastly more fun.

spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2008, 04:12:02 AM »

Having liked GTA4 and somewhat liking Mercs2, I'm afraid I can't make the leap in proclaiming Mercs2 to be that much more a better game. Aside from the personalities of the three main protagonists and their colorful support team, the "living breathing dynamic" world just doesn't convey enough diversity and randomness to make it anywhere as believable (comparatively speaking) to GTA4. Seeing the same limited types of NPC pedestrians and vehicles, hearing the same incredibly annoying, repetitive and recycled audio loops over and over again, ramming into motorcycles and having nothing happen, having NPCs instantly recognize you as a enemy from a considerable distance then proceed to get stuck or clip through the environment - the world just feels stilted and bland, at least to me.

I suppose none of these nitpicks really matter much as it somehow all fits within the context of the game. Everything is cannon-fodder for the taking so you don't really need personality or immersion in the environment when they're at the end of your barrel destined for oblivion anyway.

The levels of destruction you can do and the various means in which you can blow s**t up is impressive though. It's still fun if you're looking for a free-roaming sandbox game in which you can cause mass carnage, but everytime I play there are naggling issues that make you wish it could've been so much more. It's more of the same and I don't think anyone can argue against that especially if it does things better than the original.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 06:03:58 PM by spigot » Logged

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2008, 05:48:35 AM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on September 02, 2008, 03:44:59 AM

Exactly right. The whole time I played through GTA4 I kept thinking how much better Mercenaries did everything three years previously. This one is sooooo much more fun, and has so much more personality (yup, it does) and while the game world may not be dynamic it remains vastly more fun.

Now i understand why it said "creating game server" i first started up...

I just popped into whiteboy's world and helped create some carnage:)  Was great.  One thing that really rocks is if you die in coop, your partner has a minute to revive you...preventing mission failure and the need for a restart.  Whiteboy got himself blowed up...and I apparently managed to revive him.

I'm just incredibly happy with this game so far...it's everything i wanted out of Mercs 2 which is Mercs 1 but more and better!

And the sound effects and explosion effects...just orgasmic.  I love this game!
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2008, 03:38:20 PM »

I like the quote from Eva after she joins your team

(Working on a high performance engine) "This thing will do zero to 200 in one second, but uses 20 gallons to the mile, I'm still working on that"

I have only used one kit drop so far as most of the weapons I need I usually just pick up off the ground, but I havent advanced into the main story too far.

I completed the helicopter and race challenges, but I can't seem to complete the level 3 marksmen challenges

I also completed 5 of the 10 HVTs and 7 of 13 targets, one building looks to need the airstrike so I am looking to add the jet pilot next

It's a great deal of fun, but falls short to games like Crackdown and GTA IV. The AI, physics and overall polish in those games were much better IMO

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2008, 03:49:24 PM »

Enjoying it thoroughly. I think I prefer more structure in my sandbox play, but this is working for me. If they took this and Just Cause and mixed em together, they could have just about the perfect game for me.

My main complaint is the inaccuracy of the assault rifle.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2008, 06:14:44 PM »

I've noticed that the game seems to be EXTREMELY short. I'm at like 35% of the game completed, and I've only put in like 6 hours in.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2008, 06:17:59 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 02, 2008, 06:14:44 PM

I've noticed that the game seems to be EXTREMELY short. I'm at like 35% of the game completed, and I've only put in like 6 hours in.

The main storyline itself appears to be pretty short and that's what the completion percentage appears to be reflecting. It looks liek bagging HVTs and the destruction targets doesn't affect completion percentage.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
WalkingFumble

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2008, 06:26:00 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on September 02, 2008, 06:17:59 PM

Quote from: Destructor on September 02, 2008, 06:14:44 PM

The main storyline itself appears to be pretty short and that's what the completion percentage appears to be reflecting. It looks liek bagging HVTs and the destruction targets doesn't affect completion percentage.

they do, but just slightly.  i got 3 HVTs and 1 destruction target and went from 29% to 30%.  my guess is that it would be like GTA where 100% means all side missions complete and packages found.

XBL: I3L00DFUMBLE  -  132,578     |     PSN: WalkingFumble     |     Nintendo Revolution:  1440 9434 2198 4442
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2008, 08:13:44 PM »

I'd like to play this game when it's not full price. I gave up my preorder today.

I still have to slog through the rest of GTA IV out of some sadistic need to date men.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2008, 09:08:49 PM »

Quote from: Purge on September 02, 2008, 08:13:44 PM

I'd like to play this game when it's not full price. I gave up my preorder today.

I still have to slog through the rest of GTA IV out of some sadistic need to date men.

Pathetic, trade in GTA 4 now while you can still get a decent amount for it... I actually made it to 51% complete in this iteration of GTA before selling it back...amazing.

The only two sandbox world games i've ever FINISHED are Mercs 1 and that new GTA clone series on 360 which name i can't recollect atm.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2008, 01:41:01 AM »

Quote from: Fuzzballx on September 02, 2008, 05:48:35 AM

Now i understand why it said "creating game server" i first started up...

I just popped into whiteboy's world and helped create some carnage:)  Was great.  One thing that really rocks is if you die in coop, your partner has a minute to revive you...preventing mission failure and the need for a restart.  Whiteboy got himself blowed up...and I apparently managed to revive him.

I'm just incredibly happy with this game so far...it's everything i wanted out of Mercs 2 which is Mercs 1 but more and better!

And the sound effects and explosion effects...just orgasmic.  I love this game!

Yeah that was a lot of fun last night. Anytime. Also, I wasn't speaking because my headset died and I haven't picked another one up yet. So my open invite to all still stands, just don't expect me to speak until sometime this coming weekend. smile

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 03, 2008, 01:58:42 AM »

Keep GTA IV because of the DLC in the near future.

Merc 2 is a fun game, but nowhere as polished as GTA IV. 

I'm a bit worried how short this game is going to be.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 02:05:12 AM by naednek » Logged
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: September 03, 2008, 02:16:25 AM »

Quote from: Doopri on August 31, 2008, 06:47:46 PM

does this game have the same faction mechanic as the first? where you have to balance relations between, what 4 or 5 sides?

so if you want to spend time in factions As field, you have to be careful about doing too many missions for faction B, their mortal enemies?

how many, and does the game have the balancing act?

i did a large chunk of the UP's targets before doing their next few missions and the rebels were fully hostile to me.  not sure how much i could reduce the hate by capping the regime, but it cost a cool 2.7 mil to get them to like me again.  sure, a buttload of moolah in comparison to the missions i was doing, but i had just made 2.2 by doing one of the pilot's challenges, so it wasn't a total loss. 

after 4 hours or so, about 20% done, with most of the UPs missions done.  i need to find some new contacts other than them and the rebels, plus get the other recruits. 

of that list of issues posted earlier, i found out that most of them are negligible and also about the c4 and air strike methods.  sure, the ai can and has blown themselves up by mistaking the building in between themselves for an imaginary castle, but i can allow artificial stupidity now and again. 

blowing stuff is as fun as i expected.  icon_twisted

while this game would have been better served by going before gta 4, it's just as fun as i remember mercs 1. 

btw, the note that this game can be too hard for dying at the end of a mission is ironic.  mercs 1 didn't give you regenerating life.  if you were on your deathbed, the best you could hope for was a medevac or a health pack drop, and those were sometimes hard to arrange.  the last mission was a killer for that reason.  regenerating health would have made it a breeze in comparison.

also, money comes easier in this game.  i don't think i had as much only 4 hours in. and with the abundance of oil and airstrikes you can simply find in the world, you don't have to buy as much this time around.  (yet)

8.5 so far.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 03, 2008, 02:26:11 AM »

Quote from: Caine on September 03, 2008, 02:16:25 AM

blowing stuff is as fun as i expected. 

You heard it here first, folks.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 03, 2008, 02:39:07 AM »

Quote from: Caine on September 03, 2008, 02:16:25 AM

i did a large chunk of the UP's targets before doing their next few missions and the rebels were fully hostile to me.  not sure how much i could reduce the hate by capping the regime, but it cost a cool 2.7 mil to get them to like me again.  sure, a buttload of moolah in comparison to the missions i was doing, but i had just made 2.2 by doing one of the pilot's challenges, so it wasn't a total loss. 

I made the same payoff to open up the first PLAV mission - what I realized later on when I wound up making the UP hostile was I could have gone on a demolition spree to get back in their good graces. I had a blast (literally) rampaging through an area taking out the marked targets.

I have to reiterate how I actually enjoy the races in this game.  They are checkpoint-based, but they give you plenty of time, and they give you unique vehicles (usually armed), wide pathways, and as appropriate for this game, huge explosions. The fact that you are racing is secondary, really. The "Jungle Cruise" race I just finished was great.

I experienced a great little moment of AI earlier when I was attacking one of the UP's HVTs. I was across a small road getting fired on by a VZ guard, and I started to return fire, when all of a sudden a UP truck comes screaming down the road and veers to its right to plow over the guy. He hits the gas, gets back on the road and was on his merry way.

As far as the vehicles that seem to be one use only - I think what's going is that you get the vehicle as a reward for doing the challenge, and they will become available later in the game. If you look in the shop menus, you'll see them, but they are listed as "restricted".

Oh, and by the way, there is an achievement for capturing all the HVTs.  There is one for simply verifying them, but also one for capturing them all. Most of the achievements in the game are very easy, but I feel very sorry for anyone who feels they need to get that one. The HVTs are extremely death-prone, mostly from their own men. They get shot, get caught in explosions - I actually had one guy fall off a ridge to his death.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 02:56:12 AM by Teggy » Logged

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: September 03, 2008, 03:41:27 AM »

A few things to keep in mind with factions:

1) If you shoot the faction that the other side hates (UP hates PLAV, and vice versa), you gain an immediate faction bonus (and money). This holds true even if the other side absolutely hates your guts. So you can eventually work your way back into good graces with anybody by killing the guys they hate.
2) If you want to get friendly quickly (without bribing), go for either the HVTs or the 'blow up this important building' mini-missions. They work it up fast. Bring a tank or lots of C4 though.
3) Shooting down billboards (which are scattered all over the bloody place, and oddly enough seem to 'regenerate' after a time) gain you PLAV faction. Useful if you want a non-hostile way to gain faction with somebody.

And the most important thing:

4) If you're attacking somebody you're allied with, you can outright slaughter them with absolutely NO repercussions AS LONG as you off the person occasionally trying to phone home to tell their boss about your defection. You have to be quick though - you have exactly 10 seconds to kill them once they start the call. Abusing this (but it is a design decision, and makes sense more or less) allows you to be allied with everybody.

That said - the game is really growing on me. It's way too much fun grabbing a tank (or just airdropping your own) and going on a rampage against people that have little chance of killing (much less injuring) you. I just wish there was a way to drop in more ammo, or repair your vehicle.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: September 03, 2008, 03:45:55 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on September 03, 2008, 02:39:07 AM

Oh, and by the way, there is an achievement for capturing all the HVTs.  There is one for simply verifying them, but also one for capturing them all. Most of the achievements in the game are very easy, but I feel very sorry for anyone who feels they need to get that one. The HVTs are extremely death-prone, mostly from their own men. They get shot, get caught in explosions - I actually had one guy fall off a ridge to his death.

Capturing them all must be unpossible. I've already had one blow himself up throwing a grenade at me from inside a bunker... dumbass.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: September 03, 2008, 03:51:36 AM »

Two other things:

1) Getting money is very easy. For me, I just talk to the helicopter pilot and do the Level 3 challenge. Last time I won (in 2 of the 5 minutes allotted), I got just over 3 million bucks (had about 15 million at the time). So money is no problem for me at all. I just need more fuel for more tanks. biggrin

2) I beat the mechanic driving mission the very first time.  icon_twisted Tongue

Wheelman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 03, 2008, 03:56:58 AM »

While cuffing an HVT tonight my character (Chris) said, "Assume the escort submission position." I laughed out loud.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 03, 2008, 05:49:03 AM »

I got the bunker buster mission and holy hell... don't drop one on your own head. FYI. That mushroom cloud makes me yearn for the moment I get a MOAB. drool drool

Roscoe
Gaming Trend Reader

Palin-Fey 2008!

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2008, 04:19:35 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 03, 2008, 03:51:36 AM

2) I beat the mechanic driving mission the very first time.  icon_twisted Tongue

Everyone hates you.

XBL gamertag: jztemple
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: September 03, 2008, 05:03:28 PM »

some of the small things i like about the engine...

huge explosions white the screen out and your character covers his/her eyes. 
explosions in the water make nice waves which affect anything close enough. 
junk in the back of the locals' cars.  soccer balls everywhere!
burning down forests.  contributing to global warming never looked so good. 
using the giant fuel tanks to take out nearby buildings. 

oh, and for you bullwinkle....

finger Tongue

Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 03, 2008, 05:13:05 PM »

What are you suppose to do in the helicopter mission?  The instructions only say that you have to stack the box 5m.  Are you suppose to stack it somewhere or just lift it?  I tried lifting it and didn't win, couldn't figure it out so I haven't gone back to it.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: September 03, 2008, 05:34:02 PM »

stack the containers up and drop the package on top of it. 

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2008, 05:35:56 PM »

Quote from: Tokek on September 03, 2008, 05:13:05 PM

What are you suppose to do in the helicopter mission?  The instructions only say that you have to stack the box 5m.  Are you suppose to stack it somewhere or just lift it?  I tried lifting it and didn't win, couldn't figure it out so I haven't gone back to it.

It has to be in the circle, at the specified height and resting on its own.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: September 03, 2008, 05:42:05 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on September 03, 2008, 05:35:56 PM

Quote from: Tokek on September 03, 2008, 05:13:05 PM

It has to be in the circle, at the specified height and resting on its own.

And get good stacking all three of those crates in 5 minutes (or go nuts and use the junked out car) - you'll need all three to beat Level 3. And that's where all the money is. biggrin

Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 03, 2008, 05:42:42 PM »

Quote from: Caine on September 03, 2008, 05:34:02 PM

stack the containers up and drop the package on top of it. 
That makes sense now.

I love the jet pilot missions, shine a laser on to a target and boom! Easy as pie.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 03, 2008, 06:03:52 PM »

I'm still not really engaging the story yet, but I did try to take down a building.

I pulled up in a UP pickup/truck/gun thing full of mercs and had them draw fire.  I ran around where two giant oil containers were that happened to be right next to the building. I put a  C4 on it and set it off.

The oil containers shuffled but didn't blow and I'm like that sucks then FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM up they go and down goes the building in a remarkable explosion that had Mui covering her eyes.  It was most impressive.
Owain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 03, 2008, 07:44:54 PM »

Another fun IED to make is to get a helicopter and a truck.  You use the helicopter to winch some munitions into the bed of the truck and then slap some C4 on the truck.  Drive fast towards your intended target, jump out and set off the C4.

Just be careful to not be in the truck when it explodes.
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 03, 2008, 07:54:57 PM »

One thing I wish this game would do is save the vehicles that you brought back to the PMC.  I parked a helicopter on the PMC's helipad and it disappeared.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: