http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 06:06:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mehrunes Dagger for Oblivion out on Live  (Read 985 times)
kathode
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2006, 06:50:55 PM »

Just thought people might be interested that our new download, Mehrunes Dagger, is out on Live Marketplace now.  It's a quest that features a really big dungeon, a backstory that links into Morrowind, and a bunch of cool enchanted items.  So far the forum feedback from those who have played has been really good it seems, which is saying a lot considering the usual feedback we get when these come out slywink
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 07:09:45 PM »

I would love to buy this but I am so busy with all these quests and damn oblivion gates popping up everywhere that I can't imagine trying it now. Unless.... does anyone know if this Mehrunes Dagger is an uber weapon that can help me out on the main quest?

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 07:53:01 PM »

Will be downloading this tonight. Looking forward to it

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 08:46:24 PM »

Quote from: "kathode"
Just thought people might be interested that our new download, Mehrunes Dagger, is out on Live Marketplace now.  It's a quest that features a really big dungeon, a backstory that links into Morrowind, and a bunch of cool enchanted items.  So far the forum feedback from those who have played has been really good it seems, which is saying a lot considering the usual feedback we get when these come out slywink

Thanks Kathode!  Both for the information, and for your new disturbing icon. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 08:59:59 PM »

oooooh, is this the "mega-dungeon" download that someone (possibly you) mentioned a while back?  biggrin

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 09:49:13 PM »

Is that Tingle about to chow down on Ham and a Koopa? (far right)

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 10:16:31 PM »

farcry from what ive read of it, yup seems to be - the write up on it calls it massive, something like 15 new enchanted weapons etc etc etc

and was this razor in morrowind but not as a weapon? i think i found it but i cant remember?
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 10:24:39 PM »

Is this quest going to be of any use to me if my proficiency is in Blunt Weapons?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 01:18:06 AM »

Quote from: "Bullwinkle"
Is this quest going to be of any use to me if my proficiency is in Blunt Weapons?

Why in the world did you do that!?  The blunt weapons are terrible. frown  Sooo slooooow.  I do find an absolute TON of Glass and Daedric maces lying around.

I would hope this Razor is better than the weapons I can enchant on my own.  Not that I've ever done any enchanting.  I'm sure I'll pick it up, but I still haven't played the Pirate Den.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 03:47:31 AM »

Why in the world did you do that!?

Because the Orc had a number of other benefits (Berserk is especially useful, especially early on, if only to give you a mega-boost to your endurance when cleaning out dungeons), but blunt was the way to go with an orc.  Believe me, I fought long and hard with myself over this.  I general like playing a human knight-type (or Paladin, if available) with a great sword.  Major change for me, but the orc really seemed to fit my play style.  And I've grown to like him.

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 04:10:27 AM »

Gah... normally I would be all over this... but Streetfighter and the Ghost recon pack should be out soon...

Why can't I be paid today instead of a week and a half??

Pikachu, I Blame you!
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 02:14:24 PM »

Well seeing as I pretty much finished the game the weapons would be useless other than a possible "ooh, ahh" effect.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I also waited the two week time period to get the f'n Dragon Armor only to find out it sucked when in comparison to my Daedric set. I loved the game, but that was a real bummer.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Zimix

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 02:55:41 PM »

Downloaded and completed it last night.  The dagger is pretty nice.  It has a nice effect.  It is nice enough that I am using it.  I'm level 42.. Started off as a magic user, but have gotten my heavy armor/melee skills almost capped out as well.

It probably took me a couple hours to go through it.. I didn't time it, but it was a decent quest.  There are some other decent magical items there, but my enchanted daedric armor is a bit better since it has the specific effects that I want.  However,  if you are a light armor user, there are some very nice pieces for you.

It was 250 points.. The bad thing about points.. I never equate that to a $ amount.. I just look at my point balance..
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2006, 04:39:29 PM »

I'm level 42..

...because there's something about you, baby, so right.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: