http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 02:48:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Megaman Maverick Hunter X - do I suck so bad?  (Read 365 times)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2006, 05:28:54 AM »

Some of the reviews I've read have talked about Megaman Maverick Hunter X being on the easy side, so I popped it in, thinking I might blow through the game in the 4 or so hours they say it takes to play (rest easy, though, you can play through as the other guy, whathisname, with different cut scenes and weapons and stuff).  An hour later, I still haven't cleared the first level.  Now, unless there're only four levels, I think this might take me a little longer.  

Is it just me?  Do I just suck?  I get frustrated playing the Capcom or Sega games because I'm constantly being awarded a C grade.  I've learned to just accept that grade and move on, thinking that the higher grades are for the kids who spend hours memorizing the levels so they can get those high grades (but come on, give me a B-, at least).

I realize what I'm supposed to do in that first level.  I can get to the boss with very little health loss, but then he hops all over the place and I can't dash yet and I have to hold the jump button down just the right amount and fire at just the right time.  And I'm thinking the whole time:  This is an introductory level.  It's just going to get harder.

I have this suspicion that everyone is going to post a litany of "That level was easy.  You do suck" messages.  Please keep in mind that I recently got spanked in just such a manner by Mr. Merrit, so be kind...

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
depward
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 06:21:41 AM »

I get that way sometimes with games too.  Just, sometimes when it comes to platforming games, an "easy" puzzle or section for someone is hard for me.  Maybe you can chalk it up to not quite knowing the nuiances of the game yet.

Either way, you're bound to have that "Ninja Gaiden Moment," which I experienced along with probably some others.  You'll just be pitiful at the game . . . but then all of a sudden things will click.  You don't know how it did, but now you're just ninja-flipping through the stages and wiping every enemy out with relative ease.

So, keep at it.  And, really, maybe it also might not be the sort of game that you're into.  I can't, for the life of me, compete in any level in any RTS game.  I just stink.  Had a horrific online record of C&C Generals.  Terrible at Warcraft 3.  Couldn't even beat some of the offline missions.  So you never know.  Once it becomes not fun, then stop.  But if you're having fun with it still, keep at it, and that moment should arrive when you click with the game . . . hopefully   biggrin

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: