http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 06:16:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mega Man X: Command Mission - RPG BATTLES!?  (Read 1734 times)
TheMissingLink
Gaming Trend Senior Member

TML, for short.

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2004, 12:19:30 AM »

Hey, thought I'd post console-related stuff here at CG since I visit it enough biggrin

So I go to http://www.gametrailers.com a lot just to check out trailers of upcoming games (I LOVE trailers) and I came across Mega Man X: Command Mission.  I downloaded it expecting a stupid 3d adventure game or a sort...but you know what?  When I saw "Cool RPG Battles!" come up in the video as well as a few seconds of footage of what looks to be a real RPG-style battle, I began to salivate.  

Oooooh, if pulled off right this could rock.  The whole trailer is pretty damn cool so I definitely recommend a download.  Anyone have some other information about this game?

TheMissingLink on PSN
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 01:05:12 AM »

Really friggin' weird seeing megaman in an RPG. The Battle Networks concept for the GBA was odd enough as it is. I think I'll always picture Megaman as the sidestepping, platformhopping brat from the NES days.

Still, if it turns out to be good, I'm buying it.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 02:36:52 AM »

That's game looks very nice!  Did you ever play any of the Mega Man Adventures on the PSX?  They looked like that, though I never played them to know if the similarities end there.

Maybe one day I will be able to realize my dream of owning every Mega Man title?

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 03:40:37 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
That's game looks very nice!  Did you ever play any of the Mega Man Adventures on the PSX?  They looked like that, though I never played them to know if the similarities end there.

Maybe one day I will be able to realize my dream of owning every Mega Man title?

...but do you own the Mega Man cartoon series on dvd?  YEAH THAT'S RIGHT BOW DOWN!   :lol:

TheMissingLink on PSN
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 03:59:24 AM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
...but do you own the Mega Man cartoon series on dvd?  YEAH THAT'S RIGHT BOW DOWN!   :lol:

No, but I do have a lot of things I probably shouldn't.

I don't know that I would run around admiting that, even on an anonymous internet forum.  From what I read it was pretty terrible.

Why aren't you playing THE GAME?  No, not that one!  THAT one.

Oh, and the game I mentioned is Mega Man Legends not Adventure.  Sorry for the mixup.  You can rest easier now.  I hope.

Check out the super scary cover art to the very first US appearance of Mega Man here.  It's amazing it sold a single copy.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 04:05:17 AM »

Yeah, after about 6 episodes or so I had to stop.  The writing is pretty crappy.  And I didn't know it sucked!  I saw it for 15 bucks at a store and was like hey, why not.

And I did play THAT game...we had a full server tonight at one point!

Yowza, that cover is terrible.  My God, man.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2004, 04:13:10 AM »

Why did Mega Man sound like a chain smoker?  Or am I thinking of the Nintendo Power cartoon....

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2004, 06:01:14 AM »

I think you're thinking of the Nintendo Power cartoon.  His voice is so annoying the cartoons I have.  It's hard to describe.  It's just, ugh.  The man form of humor is puns, as well.  Stuff like, "I guess he was...all...CUT...up!" (when referring to Cut Man, for example).  God, it's awful.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: