http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 09:37:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mega Man Anniversary Collection: Review Discussion  (Read 1070 times)
aledromo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2004, 08:52:36 PM »

Sorry for the delay.  I'm here to answer any questions you may have about the mega man review I posted earlier.  If you haven't read it yet, it's at http://www.consolegold.com/Reviews/review/231.html  

Check it out, and if you have any questions about stuff in the game or just want to trick me into rabidly defending my stance on Mega Man 2's superiority over Mega Man 3, this is the place.  As always, full disclosure may ensue.[/code]

Join me or die!  Can you do any less?
stiffler
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 10:45:08 PM »

I have the game but have yet to put it in (thanks, Spiderman!).  I still have a few questions:

Am I able to select the Mega Man game I want to play from the start?  I might want to just try out each of them before settling in with the first.

Can I turn on/off the Navi "upgrade" at will, or must I select it when I start the game?  I might want to try it out, but if I decide I hate it I want the option of turning it off.

Finally, you said, "Completing various unspecified objectives in the game also unlocks two arcade, fighting style games set in the Mega Man universe."  Unspecified objectives?  Does that mean I will just have to be lucky and stumble upon them?  Hopefully not!

I thought it was a widely held belief that Mega Man 2 was the pinnacle of the series...

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
AgtFox
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 01:49:06 AM »

If I remember (it's been a few days) you can go into the Options section and turn Navi mode off, but you cannot turn it off while in a game.

You also have a choice of which game you want to play from the "Start Game" section and the save created after every level will put you at the same place in that game even if you choose to go to another game.

Unspecified objectives can be found in FAQs.  There is much to unlock and you have to beat certain games or a certain number of bosses in a game to unlock it.  I believe both arcade games are tied into reaching a certain point or beating Mega Man 3.

Many people think Mega Man 3 is the pinnacle of the series btw.  I think the big reason is the fact that the Mega Man 2 Robot Masters have to be beaten in Mega Man 3 along with everyone else.  Mega Man 3 is the longer game, but I still find that Mega Man 2 is the best in the series.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
aledromo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 05:49:07 AM »

Don't put words in my mouth!  Mega Man 2 is on my list of best games ever.  Far better than part 3.  But anyway, yes, you can play any game save for the arcade ones, which you have to unlock.  I didn't notice the unlockables until I got through 1, 2 and 3, so I'm not sure what I did.  Also, you can't change settings mid game.  I should have mentioned that.  Sorry!

Join me or die!  Can you do any less?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: