http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 11:39:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Medal of Honor Heroes [PSP] 32 players online!  (Read 617 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2006, 11:25:36 PM »

“Players will experience a totally new single player campaign, and can choose from six different multiplayer modes within 15 different maps, while participating in wireless multiplayer sessions with up to 32 players. Gamers can play with up to 8 others across the room in a local impromptu game. "Quickplay" missions in skirmish game mode, allow players to jump right into the action or to create customized mission scenarios for added re-playability.”

Source:
http://www.pspworld.com/sony-psp/news/ea-brings-medal-of-honor-to-playstation-portable-005516.php

Damn that sounds great! I've been playing the hell out of SOCOM (16 players online) immensly and was hoping that SOCOM 2 might up the limit to 32 players (not happening this time though) for some real massive battles.

Either way this game has just reached the top of my to-get list for the PSP thanks for the 32 players online alone.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 01:57:13 AM »

But...how do you aim at people without dual analog controls? I read that one of the shooters (SOCOM 1?) used a method where you'd automagically 'lock on' to an enemy once you got close enough, but until then you'd be firing blind.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 02:29:25 AM »

That's my biggest (and only really) gripe about the PSP, the lack of a second analog stick.
If you've played battlefront 2 on the PSP you know how hard it can be to control a FPS.

In SOCOM (more of a third person shooter really) the left analog stick controls the movement (isnt as bad as you may think) which you can also strafe with the L trigger.
The R trigger does the targeting - if you want to take the easy way out you can just hold down the R trigger the entire game and it'll be constantly scanning for enemies and if any are in the area, it'll target them and follow them while you press the X button to fire. (Or triangle and then x to lob a grenade)
I've been playing SOCOM online so much lately that you can really learn to get used to the control layout.

I'm not sure how a FPS like Medal of Honor is going to play out on the PSP but I'm sure it'll give you a few options like battlefront did, none of which IMO are really that great. The face buttons being used as a second analog stick I could never get used to.

Still though, 32 players online! I hope that sets some kind of standard for PSP games to come, SOCOM opened us up to 16 players, and now MOH is setting a new record for a handheld.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 12:56:38 PM »

crazy seen as though,COD2 for 360 can only manage 8 people,but then again they arent all in teh same room

i would like to see how the psp handles this

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 05:03:05 PM »

Quote from: "metallicorphan"
crazy seen as though,COD2 for 360 can only manage 8 people,but then again they arent all in teh same room

At QuakeCon, I was informed that COD3 will be 24 players online.  Check out my article on the front page.  It was pretty sweet.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 06:18:02 PM »

I dont see why they dont just make the controls more clever.

You use the Stick to move your player, then when you hit R1 you go into first person, then you draw your gun, and press L1 to have a hawk eye view of the aimer on your gun, at this point the Stick controls your up down, left right movement of the gun in first person.

Let go of R1 and L1 and your back to run and gun.

Thats my concept og what they should do.

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 09:40:29 PM »

Quote from: "Dreamshadow"
Quote from: "metallicorphan"

At QuakeCon, I was informed that COD3 will be 24 players online.  Check out my article on the front page.  It was pretty sweet.

sorry i cant seem to find your article,what is it under?

and if they do have 24 players then i hope they are gonna come out with new BIGGER maps(im talking battlefield 2 size maps)...as if they stick tto the same size,it is just gonna become a shooting gallery and lose all that cat and mouse/search and destroy goodness that the 360 version has going for it

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 09:10:56 PM »

A PSP game (on such limited hardware) giving 32 player battles and an Xbox 360 game of similiar nature only doing 24 players..
What's wrong with this picture?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: