http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 07:27:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mechassault 2 - Conquest mode problem  (Read 1203 times)
flyinj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2004, 08:49:17 PM »

Does anyone else have the problem that 3/4 of the games you try to join timeout with the error "that game is no longer available"?

It's EXTREMELY frustrating... I've tried letting the refresh list give pings to all the servers before selecting, but still no dice. It's just random whether or not a game will let me in.

What's up with this?
denoginizer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 09:42:49 PM »

It is very obvious that many facets of the multiplayer portion of this game were very ill concieved.  They are promising many fixes in an upcoming patch.  I have stopped playing MA2 online until the patch comes out.  It is a shame because I was really looking forward to this one.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 11:18:11 PM »

You know it's so hard to guage what will go wrong with a game when it's released.. oh wait, this is an X-Box game Tongue

Seriously, you have to wonder how some of this stuff makes it through, especially with a stanardized platform like the X-Box.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 09:07:18 AM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"
You know it's so hard to guage what will go wrong with a game when it's released.. oh wait, this is an X-Box game Tongue

Seriously, you have to wonder how some of this stuff makes it through, especially with a stanardized platform like the X-Box.

Networking bugs are harder to predict and troubleshoot, although I have to say that we played it tonight for 4 hours and there was only one problem (teamplay count bug on host, he restarted and it's ok and never came back).

By teamplay I mean that on TDom (team domination) we had 12 people, 6 blue 6 red, and EVERYONEs said the same thing, but on the hosts machine it said 3 red 9 blue.

When we started the game, 3 blues would spawn in our base, and if we killed them it told us we were teamkillers. We ended the game twice, and it started up the same every time. He powercycled his Xbox, and after that no wierd stuff.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2005, 06:25:48 PM »

I would have thought that if MechAssault 2 was going to miss the big Christmas rush, the developer would have wanted to hold onto it until it was 100% ready for a successful release.  It's always surprising to me when a highly anticipated game is shipped at an awkward time of year (three days after Christmas) *and* in an unfinished or untested state.  Seriously: who wins here?

-Autistic Angel
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2005, 09:03:20 PM »

I still love the game man. I wouldn't say it's untested or unfinished, it's just not as polished as Ninja Gaiden (for example).

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2005, 09:15:14 PM »

I liked the game as well, but I did admit that the multiplayer was a bit untested at the time of review.  These next few weeks will be crucial to determine whether this is a great game or a 'could have been a great game'.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2005, 12:09:56 AM »

i give em at most 2 weeks to patch the stupid stuff and another month or so before they shut us all up with some crazy new mechs and maps - i hope cause i kinda love this one!  now if someone will just send me steel battalion and that wicked controller and ill be set smile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: