http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 06:28:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect X06 demo footage  (Read 1836 times)
Arkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2006, 05:29:19 PM »

From the front page:

http://www.gamingtrend.com/video/MassEffect_X06_demo_walkthrough.wmv

All I can say is.... I want this game so freaking bad!!!

I can't believe that that is all in game footage!
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 06:19:01 PM »

I'm with you Arkon.

This game is going to be my "KOTOR 3" for 2007.  Assuming the true KOTOR 3 is not announced.  Mass Effect appears to be the exact type of game I live for:  sci fi, tons of planets/stations etc. to explore, heavy on characters & story, moral choices and combat not being the main focus.  I cannot wait for this one.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 07:22:49 PM »

I took a lot of time out at E3 for Mass Effect.  I saw the demo twice, and then again at the MS brief for some small clips.  This game is a must own for me.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 07:39:11 PM »

Holy shit.

I thought the first movie was impressive. Now we get to see how some of the technical details work in this one.

I've been looking forward to this game for some time. And I know it won't disappoint.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Mattc0m

Hardcore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 07:51:32 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on December 08, 2006, 06:19:01 PM

I'm with you Arkon.

This game is going to be my "KOTOR 3" for 2007.  Assuming the true KOTOR 3 is not announced.  Mass Effect appears to be the exact type of game I live for:  sci fi, tons of planets/stations etc. to explore, heavy on characters & story, moral choices and combat not being the main focus.  I cannot wait for this one.

Same here. I know most people are waiting for Halo 3 as "the big game", but Mass Effect is my #1 title, with Fable 2 being my #2. I just love my RPGs, and besides Oblivion the PC isn't really giving me enough of the action.

matt "mattc0m" richards
new project: GamesCast TV: eSports Television
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 07:52:06 PM »

Mass Effect, Bioshock, and Fable 2 are probably my top 3 as well. This is going to be an amazing year on the 360 smile.
tripwire
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 08:36:34 PM »

Definately a day-1 purchase.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 08:45:20 PM »

I was never a big fan of RPGs, that is until I played Oblivion.  And after seeing that video, Mass Effect is a day-one purchase for me.

The entire time I was watching that video I was thinking:   :icon_eek: 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 09:15:56 PM »

Must freaking have.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 09:21:23 PM »

Haven't watched the video yet (will tonight) but Mass Effect is probably one of my top three most anticipated titles for next year.  However, I was very disappointed with Jade Empire, so I'm hoping that turned out to be an anomaly and that ME will maintain the excellence of their other titles.   
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 09:37:59 PM »

This game cannot come soon enough.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 09:45:03 PM »

This game, by itself, sold me on the Xbox360.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 09:48:15 PM »

key thing to note is that it's not a pure shooter.  You select targets to aim at and stats determine hits and damage.
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 10:01:48 PM »

Mass effect and Bioshock are my 2 most anticipated games for 07 definate day 1 purchases.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2006, 11:29:33 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 08, 2006, 09:21:23 PM

Haven't watched the video yet (will tonight) but Mass Effect is probably one of my top three most anticipated titles for next year.  However, I was very disappointed with Jade Empire, so I'm hoping that turned out to be an anomaly and that ME will maintain the excellence of their other titles.   

Why the hate for Jade Empire, Kevin? I really enjoyed that game, although I wish they had fleshed out the world with more details.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2006, 12:40:36 AM »

Pretty sexy, it looks as if they're taking full advantage of how cool an anti-gravity gun/wave-thing can be. 

I just hope it isn't as mind-numblingly simple and basic as Jade Empire was.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2006, 02:08:55 AM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on December 08, 2006, 11:29:33 PM

Why the hate for Jade Empire, Kevin? I really enjoyed that game, although I wish they had fleshed out the world with more details.

When they first announced JE it promised to be something different.  An all new combat engine, a very original world design, and a morality system (Open Palm/Closed Fist) that wasn't mapped directly to Good and Evil.  What they delivered felt like a KOTOR total conversion.  I love KOTOR and pretty much everything else Bioware has ever done, but by the time JE rolled around all of the conversations felt like the same stuff I'd played through before, the setting was woefully underutilized, combat was boring, and the morality system was indeed just straight up good/evil with most of the Closed Fist conversation options being "Muahaha, Give me all of your money or I'll kill you."  Despite all of the promises of new, inspired, original content it felt straight off the template from the Bioware factory which not only bored me since I'd seen it all in their previous games, but made me question whether they really had the chops to diversify or if all of their future efforts would be so cookie-cutter.

Oh yeah, and there's the fact that hot off of the heels of KOTOR's big twist, Bioware seems to think they are the heirs to M. Night Shyamalan and must incorporate a major twist into their projects and the one in Jade Empire was telegraphed very early on.  And the game was technically a mess with poor framerates, tiny areas, and uncomfortably long load times. 

I don't think JE is a bad game, but I think it's by far the worst thing that Bioware has put out since the original Baldur's Gate (and that includes the subpar OC to NWN), so by that measure it was my biggest disappointment of last year. 
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2006, 02:15:35 AM »

That Mass Effect demo was pretty sweet. Well, except for the frame rate. But I have faith they'll have that fixed before the game is released.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2006, 07:54:08 AM »

Same here, this is a day 1 purchase for me

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2006, 06:48:43 PM »

Mass effect and Bioshock are my 2 most anticipated games for 07 definate day 1 purchases.

Same here!

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2006, 08:46:14 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 09, 2006, 02:08:55 AM

Quote from: Dante Rising on December 08, 2006, 11:29:33 PM

When they first announced JE it promised to be something different.  An all new combat engine, a very original world design, and a morality system (Open Palm/Closed Fist) that wasn't mapped directly to Good and Evil.  What they delivered felt like a KOTOR total conversion.  I love KOTOR and pretty much everything else Bioware has ever done, but by the time JE rolled around all of the conversations felt like the same stuff I'd played through before, the setting was woefully underutilized, combat was boring, and the morality system was indeed just straight up good/evil with most of the Closed Fist conversation options being "Muahaha, Give me all of your money or I'll kill you."  Despite all of the promises of new, inspired, original content it felt straight off the template from the Bioware factory which not only bored me since I'd seen it all in their previous games, but made me question whether they really had the chops to diversify or if all of their future efforts would be so cookie-cutter.

Oh yeah, and there's the fact that hot off of the heels of KOTOR's big twist, Bioware seems to think they are the heirs to M. Night Shyamalan and must incorporate a major twist into their projects and the one in Jade Empire was telegraphed very early on.  And the game was technically a mess with poor framerates, tiny areas, and uncomfortably long load times. 

I don't think JE is a bad game, but I think it's by far the worst thing that Bioware has put out since the original Baldur's Gate (and that includes the subpar OC to NWN), so by that measure it was my biggest disappointment of last year. 

THis is EXACTLY how I felt about JE-and why I got 7 hours into it 3 times. I do intend to play it on PC when it is released shortly, however. THey say load times are minimal.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2006, 09:27:49 PM »

Well, I found a nice 128mb 720p version of that new Mass Effect video.  Who loves ya?

http://www.gamingtrend.com/video/mass_effect_x06_walkthru_HD.zip

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2006, 10:08:43 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on December 09, 2006, 08:46:14 PM

THis is EXACTLY how I felt about JE-and why I got 7 hours into it 3 times. I do intend to play it on PC when it is released shortly, however. THey say load times are minimal.

Heh, I too am planning on picking up the PC version.  Hopefully it will smooth out at least the technical niggles. 
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2006, 10:17:33 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 09, 2006, 10:08:43 PM

Heh, I too am planning on picking up the PC version.  Hopefully it will smooth out at least the technical niggles. 
I had heard a Christmas release (possibly early January) rumored before, but I see no sign of the game on EB/GS websites, etc. You have any info KMG?
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2006, 10:36:09 PM »

http://gamingtrend.com/GameInfo/GameInfo.php?GameID=4878

Jan 17th.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2006, 10:44:47 PM »

there were technical issues?  I don't remember any in the original release.  I'm having trouble picturing how the controls will work on a PC though...

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2006, 12:59:52 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 09, 2006, 10:44:47 PM

there were technical issues?  I don't remember any in the original release.  I'm having trouble picturing how the controls will work on a PC though...

Not in the sense of bugs or anything- just long loading times, very poor framerates in some areas (especially the imperial city), jaggies, etc.  All of the stuff that's normally smoothed out on the PC. 
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2006, 04:02:51 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on December 09, 2006, 10:36:09 PM

Yeah I forget to look there sometimes, my bad!!
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2006, 04:49:36 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on December 09, 2006, 09:27:49 PM

Well, I found a nice 128mb 720p version of that new Mass Effect video.  Who loves ya?

http://www.gamingtrend.com/video/mass_effect_x06_walkthru_HD.zip

Well, I love you now...
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2006, 01:28:40 AM »

Lost Planet Jan 12th and this Jan 17th.  Good thing my birthday is Jan 21st.   icon_biggrin

Other than the sucky framerate, I really liked it.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: