http://gamingtrend.com
September 24, 2014, 12:30:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect - Should we wait until all the bugs are patched?  (Read 2470 times)
Azhag
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2007, 10:51:42 PM »

Having just finished it, here are my thoughts... I had very few serious framerate issues while playing. There were a few minor things, especially while driving, but none that really impacted my ability to control myself or fight. I had expected more in battle but didn't really have that much even with a lot of action on screen. I mean don't expect Halo framerates, but the action isn't as fast paced so it works out fine.

I had a couple texture issues but only a couple times and they were gone next time I loaded. Didn't have any popup issues and I never got stuck in an object (don't think I even saw the CPU do that).

AI teammates had the occasional issue getting stuck behind something while following me, but that was pretty rare. You sometimes have to be careful not to be in their line of fire, but that was easily manageable. Enemy AI isn't great, but I doubt a patch will come to really fix that.

Overall I definitely say buy it now. Well worth playing as it is now.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2007, 11:58:23 PM »

Quote from: Azhag on November 25, 2007, 10:51:42 PM

Having just finished it, here are my thoughts... I had very few serious framerate issues while playing. There were a few minor things, especially while driving, but none that really impacted my ability to control myself or fight. I had expected more in battle but didn't really have that much even with a lot of action on screen. I mean don't expect Halo framerates, but the action isn't as fast paced so it works out fine.

I had a couple texture issues but only a couple times and they were gone next time I loaded. Didn't have any popup issues and I never got stuck in an object (don't think I even saw the CPU do that).

AI teammates had the occasional issue getting stuck behind something while following me, but that was pretty rare. You sometimes have to be careful not to be in their line of fire, but that was easily manageable. Enemy AI isn't great, but I doubt a patch will come to really fix that.

I'm only a small ways in and I agree, the bugs aren't nearly as detrimental to the experience as I was expecting, and obviously issues with the gameplay mechanics themselves aren't something that will be fixed in a patch.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2007, 11:59:33 PM »

The only true 'bug' that I'd call it that I've encountered in my 30+ hours of playing (without beating it) is sometimes, after playing for a long time, my AI partners become 'dumb'. They'll stand around like rocks and shoot at things nearby, but they'll refuse to follow me unless I constantly point at a spot and tell them to move there. It's like their commands got messed up or something (and issuing them orders short of 'go here' are ignored).

Thankfully a quick save and then load fixes that issue.

If you intend to wait to see if these 'bugs' are fixed, you're missing out on one of the best RPGs of the year and then some.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2007, 12:18:55 AM »

I've seen one bug in 27 hours- I triggered a cutscene on an uncharted world and the view somehow changed to elevated in the sky and I couldn't move.  Wasn't an issue though since I was still able to warp back to the Normandy in the map screen. 
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2007, 03:04:31 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on November 25, 2007, 11:58:23 PM

Quote from: Azhag on November 25, 2007, 10:51:42 PM

I'm only a small ways in and I agree, the bugs aren't nearly as detrimental to the experience as I was expecting, and obviously issues with the gameplay mechanics themselves aren't something that will be fixed in a patch.
Good to hear/  thumbsup
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: