http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 06:45:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect question  (Read 606 times)
Rumpy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2010, 11:09:51 PM »

Ok, so I got the game yesterday and just got around to starting it up today. I have a 16:9 22" monitor with a native resolution of 1920x1080, however, I'm not finding it in the list of resolutions, which I found odd considering the game's not that old. Is there a way to get it running in that resolution?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 11:15:37 PM by Rumpy » Logged
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 11:17:44 PM »

Use the config utility, someplace like C:\Pogram Files\Mass Effect\Binaries\MassEffectConfig.exe"   
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 11:28:43 PM »

Ok, looking around. I bought it through Steam and I'm not sure where to look for that. I'm not finding anything in the usual places.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 11:33:49 PM »

Quote from: Rumpy on May 06, 2010, 11:28:43 PM

Ok, looking around. I bought it through Steam and I'm not sure where to look for that. I'm not finding anything in the usual places.

doesn't a screen pop up when you launch the game? kinda like this:

(but for ME1 thought)

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 01:13:27 AM »

The launcher (to access ME config program) is located here:

\steam\steamapps\common\mass effect\masseffectlauncher.exe
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 03:29:05 AM »

I think you can right click on it in Steam and there'll be an option to start up the ME Launcher, which will be under the option to start up ME.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 03:41:16 AM »

Also some people don't notice that there are scroll buttons on the resolution list in the game's options (they're the same color as everything else and kind of get lost in the background). You probably just needed to scroll down...

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 04:05:19 AM »

Quote from: cheeba on May 07, 2010, 03:29:05 AM

I think you can right click on it in Steam and there'll be an option to start up the ME Launcher, which will be under the option to start up ME.

I think that worked too.  don't have the Steam version currently installed to check though.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 04:21:39 AM »

Quote from: Daehawk on May 07, 2010, 03:41:16 AM

Also some people don't notice that there are scroll buttons on the resolution list in the game's options (they're the same color as everything else and kind of get lost in the background). You probably just needed to scroll down...

There wasn't in this version. There were only a very limited selection of resolutions available. Edit: Actually, now that I look more closely, I see them. I blame that on the clunky interface.

No popup, no. Doesn't happen with the Steam version, unless I activate it myself as mentioned. Found it though, but I think I need to upgrade my computer. Seriously sluggish with a bad framerate. Bad framerate is a killer. It's especially noticeable in cutscenes with lots happening.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 05:14:19 AM by Rumpy » Logged
Ragnarok

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 12:46:51 PM »

Quote from: Rumpy on May 07, 2010, 04:21:39 AM

Quote from: Daehawk on May 07, 2010, 03:41:16 AM

There wasn't in this version. There were only a very limited selection of resolutions available. Edit: Actually, now that I look more closely, I see them. I blame that on the clunky interface.

No popup, no. Doesn't happen with the Steam version, unless I activate it myself as mentioned. Found it though, but I think I need to upgrade my computer. Seriously sluggish with a bad framerate. Bad framerate is a killer. It's especially noticeable in cutscenes with lots happening.

Also make sure you don't have 'Power DVD' running in the background.  Its a DVD player program that some people have and it seems to interfere with ME1 causing horrible framerates.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 11:09:40 PM »

Oh, no worries about that. I don't even have any DVD playing software on this computer.

I went and looked at the tweak guide at Tweakguides and I disabled the post-processing effects, and that did it. Framerate is so much smoother now and I can actually turn up the texture detail.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 11:44:31 PM by Rumpy » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: