http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 08:41:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect Impressions  (Read 36642 times)
ydejin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 11, 2009, 05:11:07 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on October 10, 2009, 04:52:38 PM

There was only one thing I wasn't clear on and I probably just missed it.
Spoiler for Hiden:
How did Saren first come in contact with the Reaper? What actually set the whole chain of events in motion?
IIRC that is actually covered in the Mass Effect novel that came out before the game.  The novel covers events which precede the game by about 25 years.  The novel is pretty meh.  It's not horrid, but is not particularly good either.  I do not recommend reading it.
iloveplywood
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 16, 2009, 07:58:48 PM »

Finally finished ME.  A good game, but I was ready for it to end.  I think I enjoy the loner RPGs more than the group ones.  Still, well worth playing.

The 360 has been an awesome RPG machine for me over the past year, here's my rankings:

1. Fallout 3.  I just really got into the atmosphere of this game.
2.  Oblivion.  I came into late, hearing all the complaints about scaling enemies, wonky leveling mechanics, etc., so my expectations were low, but I ended up being blown away.  I think that hearing about the complaints led me to play the game differently and I was able to avoid a lot of the negative aspects of the game design.
3.  Fable 2.  I like easy games and this one fit the bill.  Again, I loved the atmosphere of this game.  I played it right before I played Fallout 3, talk about contrasting moods.  I didn't work too much on the side stuff so the game was rather short, but unlike others I loved the ending.  I'm tired of boss fights I guess. 

4.  Mass effects.  I'd put it on a slightly lower tier than the other three.  But, still a great game.  I loved having choices that actually mattered.  There was a certain event that had me going back three hours to undo that in hindsight I probably should have just left alone.  It also had a great Arrested Development moment.  I was having a conversation with Ashley, telling her how I would never leave her behind, blah blah, and we started talking about relationship crap which ended with Ashley telling me she wasn't ready.  Then the camera pulled back and I was in the freaken conference room with the whole crew.  For the rest of the game I couldn't help but feel I had lost a little of their respect (it also made flirting with bluey a little awkward).

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 28, 2011, 02:09:55 PM »

Well here I am 4 years late to the party.  After this post I'm going to go put in my 2 cents in the GOTY 2007 thread. biggrin

Finished it! Good game.  There were a couple of side missions that I wanted to do but didn't get the chance as I didn't know I was about to go past the point of no return.  Most of the side missions were repetitive drivel however.  Oh and has anyone at Bioware ever been involved in a romantic relationship?  Worst romantic development and worst. love scene. ever.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 28, 2011, 02:27:40 PM »

the Mako exploration got boring quick,but i didn't mind the actual side missions themselves,and some side missions have an effect on Mass Effect 2 if you transfer your character across when you come to that game...same i think with the romantic situations as well(although in ME2 i pretty much shagged everything there was to shag)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
KC

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 10, 2013, 01:11:43 AM »

I was late to the party, but just finished PC version of Mass Effect. I started the game on the 360 several times, but could not get past the clunky controls. The PC controls made a world of difference. By 2013 standards, I would give this game a 7.5/10 score. What held it back for me were the long elevator rides and that the main story missions were pretty short compared to the side quests. That being said, I did feel much more emotionally invested in the characters than I did in Skyrim, which I finished before starting Mass Effect.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: