http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 09:09:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect Impressions  (Read 36835 times)
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 29, 2007, 01:29:28 PM »

Yeah, not a whole lot to do with ruthless on the side quests (though there are a few where that definitely comes into play).  Main quest has a lot more options. 
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 29, 2007, 03:05:50 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 28, 2007, 11:05:56 PM

I'm playing an Infiltrator right now and have yet to feel all that stealthy/infiltratie.  I'm more likely to use my pistols than my sniper rifle.

The sniper rifle is only 1 aspect of playing an infiltrator. The real payoff is in the use of your electronic (overload) and decryption (sabotage) attacks. Later on when you get to choose your specialization class, you can take a path which makes those 2 attacks extremely devastating.
It's worth it to maintain your pistol skills as once you get marksman you can fire it like a compact machine gun. I've been using my sniper rifle almost from day 1 with good effect. Your best sniping moments will come on side quests. Just remember to get out of the Mako when you've got those shooting ducks in a barrel opportunities. It's true the sniper rifle gets better as you approach the end game, just last night I took down 3 kogar mercenaries with 1 shot! Guess they were never told they shouldn't rush the enemy together in a straight line.  icon_twisted
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 03:15:19 PM by kronovan » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 29, 2007, 03:52:38 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on November 29, 2007, 03:05:50 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 28, 2007, 11:05:56 PM

I'm playing an Infiltrator right now and have yet to feel all that stealthy/infiltratie.  I'm more likely to use my pistols than my sniper rifle.

The sniper rifle is only 1 aspect of playing an infiltrator. The real payoff is in the use of your electronic (overload) and decryption (sabotage) attacks. Later on when you get to choose your specialization class, you can take a path which makes those 2 attacks extremely devastating.
It's worth it to maintain your pistol skills as once you get marksman you can fire it like a compact machine gun. I've been using my sniper rifle almost from day 1 with good effect. Your best sniping moments will come on side quests. Just remember to get out of the Mako when you've got those shooting ducks in a barrel opportunities. It's true the sniper rifle gets better as you approach the end game, just last night I took down 3 kogar mercenaries with 1 shot! Guess they were never told they shouldn't rush the enemy together in a straight line.  icon_twisted

I really need to start remembering to use all my abilities in combat- so fars it's all been taking cover and going in guns blazing (with some on the fly weapons mod management- it's nice they let you do that in the middle of combat) and  no use of Assassination or other skills.

I assume there's some place on the Normandy to replenish your grenades, right?  I haven't seen them for sale anywhere and I found out I was out of them last night during a nasty little Geth ambush while I was monkey hunting.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 29, 2007, 04:05:15 PM »

IIRC, grenades replenish on their own slowly and also from opening various containers in the environment.  I don't think you can replenish them on then on the Normandy like you can med packs.   
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 29, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »

Quote from: Eightball on November 29, 2007, 01:32:15 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
The fight with Benezia that Kathode had problems with?  I used my shotgun with Carnage, and killed her in 2 shots.  Took all of 4 seconds or so.

Nice!  I think I'll go with shotties after I get my assault rifle achievement.  I managed to max out assault rifles pretty quickly by dumping all my points in and now it's basically pinpoint accurate when crouched and zoomed.  Of course it's still hard to handle enemies that move around a lot when you're zoomed, but I like it way better than the pistol.

Grenades can be pretty awesome with the right upgrades.  The only thing I don't like is that it seems like there's a minimum distance they have to go before you can explode them that I just can't get a good feel for.  I tend to waste grenades by throwing them out only to have them blow up way behind my target.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 04:44:39 PM by kathode » Logged
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 29, 2007, 04:48:30 PM »

I don't care for the grenades' trajectories.  I would much prefer a more traditional arcing trajectory. 
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 29, 2007, 04:50:27 PM »

Quote from: kathode on November 29, 2007, 04:43:00 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
The fight with Benezia that Kathode had problems with?  I used my shotgun with Carnage, and killed her in 2 shots.  Took all of 4 seconds or so.

Nice!  I think I'll go with shotties after I get my assault rifle achievement.  I managed to max out assault rifles pretty quickly by dumping all my points in and now it's basically pinpoint accurate when crouched and zoomed.  Of course it's still hard to handle enemies that move around a lot when you're zoomed, but I like it way better than the pistol.

Grenades can be pretty awesome with the right upgrades.  The only thing I don't like is that it seems like there's a minimum distance they have to go before you can explode them that I just can't get a good feel for.  I tend to waste grenades by throwing them out only to have them blow up way behind my target.

Without knowing what level Eightball had his shotgun at it's impossible too make a direct comparison between weapons, but my infiltrator took down that boss in the spoiler with 1 sniper shot.  slywink
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 29, 2007, 04:54:45 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 29, 2007, 04:05:15 PM

IIRC, grenades replenish on their own slowly and also from opening various containers in the environment.  I don't think you can replenish them on then on the Normandy like you can med packs.   

d'oh!  I figured they'd recharge automatically like the med packs!  stupid Alliance not providing me with enough high explosives to properly do my job!

I do love sticking them on the wall or ceiling near an enemy taking cover and blowing them up though.

Because I can,
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 29, 2007, 05:22:12 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on November 29, 2007, 04:50:27 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Without knowing what level Eightball had his shotgun at it's impossible too make a direct comparison between weapons, but my infiltrator took down that boss in the spoiler with 1 sniper shot.  slywink

Maxxed skill with a spectre shotgun.  But I think sniper rifles are the highest per-damage shot of any gun.  I took her down to just about 1/5 of her heath (blew right thru the shields) with the first shot.

But I didn't have to run away to find a place to shoot from  icon_wink
BiggerBoat
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 29, 2007, 06:26:55 PM »

Not sure which "Impressions" thread I should be using, but here goes...

I suspect I'm about 2/3 of the way through ME. On the whole I am definately a fan of the game, but at the same time there are some glaring issues which take it from a potentially stunning game to a good or very good one (undecided at this point).

Some negatives:

- Glitches and bugs - I've encountered more of these than any other 360 game. Disc read errors. Characters getting stuck in scenery. Chuggy frame rate. Freezing. More than any other game I've ever played on a console, this one has trained me to "Save Early, Save Often" lest I loose hours of progress. It doesn't help that save points are very infrequent, but thank goodness you can at least save anywhere (except in combat...grrrr....).

- Mundane running about - there's too much back-and-forth in this game without anything to see on the way. On the ship, for example, to be able to sell equipment you have to run down some corridors and take a _slow_ elevator ride down to the hangar. And when I say slow ... that elevator moves with the leisurely pace of continental plates. The ship doesn't have enough atmosphere and cool stuff to justify all of the meandering about you need to do to talk to the characters. The Citadel is also guilty of this, but this is remedied (somewhat) by the fast travel option.

- UI Issues - I drives me INSANE that I can't look at my team abilities from inventory screens. I've had to literally get out scratch paper to keep track of what everyone uses for armor and weapons. It drives me doubly insane that I can't look at my journal from the galaxy map. Instead, I'm forced to play a memory game to try to find the right area, system and planet. Alternatively, why not just mark journal entries on the map (outside of the main storyline ones)? And don't get me started on how many times I've hit "B" to zoom out on the map.

- Inventory - I've mentioned the inventory system, which is very frustrating to use. Of greater concern is just the lack of interest I have in what I find in the game. Every chest contains some combination of weapons/armor/upgrades. It's all focused strictly on combat, and it's just a linear progression through roman numerals as you gain in experience. There's too much of it, and you never find anything exciting or rare. Money is plentiful ... I've got nearly 2 million in game right now. Being a starship captain is lucrative, but what do I spend it on?

- The Empty Universe - All-in-all, the scope of the game is a bit disappointing. I expected something much richer in terms of content. Scouting barren planets is fun at first, but quickly gets boring. And the bulk of planets can't even be scanned. I'd love to see more variety in missions, more randomness, more interaction with other ships and other characters.

Some positives

- Character Creation and opening sequence - Character creation is great, with lots of flexibility and options. I went through it about 3 times before I finally settled on someone I like. And that opening sequence, with your character striding down the corridor of the ship ending in the pan-around view in the cockpit -- well, that was simply astonishing and inspiring.

- The Mako - Once I discovered the zoom controls and secondary gun, I think my opinion of this vehicle goes against the grain of what others are saying. I've been having a lot of fun with it. I'll admit to a lot of frustration climbing cliffs on barren planets to get at some lost probe, but all-in-all I think it's pretty cool. I do wish it's role was downplayed a bit, however. Mostly, I guess, I'm glad for a bit of variety in gameplay versus the on-foot stuff.

- Cut-scenes/dialogue - This is one of the few games where I'm not tempted to turn on subtitles and click past the spoken dialogue. Everything so far has been great, though the dialogue can feel limited when your choices generate the same responses. The dialogue system feels pretty rich, but it's also frustrating when the label I selected doesn't really fit my character's response, and when the NPC's response is the same no matter what I say. I also remember the early demos which showed your character interrupting an NPC, and that doesn't seem to be possible in the released game (apart from disconnecting from the council).

- Storyline - It's interesting, and it's nice to see some space opera which isn't Star Wars or Star Trek. So far I'm engaged, but we'll see how it all turns out. The races, background, and technology stuff are all well done.

So, in summary, there's a lot of negatives for me, but the strong points offset many of my complaints. It's just great to have another western RPG, so perhaps I'm cutting more slack than I should. It's a fun game, but I sure wish the universe was richer and offered more diverse gameplay and role-playing opportunities. My hope is that Bioware will flesh things out via downloadable content, and that the sequels will represent an evolution of the system and content rather than just another KOTOR2-like lateral pass.

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: November 29, 2007, 06:40:21 PM »

Quote from: Eightball on November 29, 2007, 05:22:12 PM

Quote from: kronovan on November 29, 2007, 04:50:27 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Maxxed skill with a spectre shotgun.  But I think sniper rifles are the highest per-damage shot of any gun.  I took her down to just about 1/5 of her heath (blew right thru the shields) with the first shot.

But I didn't have to run away to find a place to shoot from  icon_wink

Yeah, if you're a biotic wielding a shotgun and you've got a decent barrier, there's definitely an advantage there. slywink I've started to get decent at quickly evoking shield boost and getting in a crouch just before taking sniper shots, so being in cover isn't really necessary anymore.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 29, 2007, 06:56:01 PM »

Just started the game, and 2.5 hours in, finding it to be incredibly immersive thus far.
Looking forward to more when I can.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
drake113
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 29, 2007, 09:00:33 PM »

About 20 hours in, and I'm having a blast with the game, warts and all.  I'm playing a level 37(ish?) Infiltrator/Commando with a pretty good Paragon rating (and a bit of Renegade).  Love how detailed and well thought out the universe is; it's nice to have someone work out a lot of pseudo-science to meet my suspension of disbelief half way instead of just nebulously saying "reroute the EPS conduits through the deflector dish in order to kill foozle".  I'm already looking forward to my next play through because there's a good deal of stuff I missed on my first run through (not to mention that I now get how the Mako is supposed to work, which would have been nice a planet or so ago).

It also had, for me, one of the coolest sequences I've ever seen in a video game:
Spoiler for Hiden:
The part where you first get the Normandy, and you get to do your "inspiring speech to the crew" scene prior to take-off.  Getting to say it the way I wanted to say it made it a heck of a lot cooler than just sitting and watching a cut scene.

Can't wait to see what's next!

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 29, 2007, 09:02:50 PM »

Quote from: drake113 on November 29, 2007, 09:00:33 PM

It also had, for me, one of the coolest sequences I've ever seen in a video game:
Spoiler for Hiden:
The part where you first get the Normandy, and you get to do your "inspiring speech to the crew" scene prior to take-off.  Getting to say it the way I wanted to say it made it a heck of a lot cooler than just sitting and watching a cut scene.

Can't wait to see what's next!

Yep, I loved that sequence. 
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 29, 2007, 09:40:43 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 29, 2007, 04:48:30 PM

I don't care for the grenades' trajectories.  I would much prefer a more traditional arcing trajectory. 

Me too-I almost never use them properly because of this.
BiggerBoat
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 30, 2007, 06:39:08 AM »

Well, I completed ME tonight. I didn't bother with several of the mundane side quests, because those felt pretty silly as the pressure mounted to save the flippin' galaxy. Neither did I explore all of the planets. Game time was about 22 hours. 150+ saves.

And, my rating for this game went from "pretty good" to "holy crap, hurry up with the sequel". The last couple of hours were incredible. There were a few cool opportunities to RP some decisions, and my character really clicked for me in her attitude and abilities.

The beginning of ME is very good. The middle is a bit hit-and-miss (and that time makes you all too aware of the many quirks), but darn-it if the last 1/4 or so didn't leave me wanting more.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 30, 2007, 08:02:45 AM »

Quote from: BiggerBoat on November 30, 2007, 06:39:08 AM

150+ saves.

heh, I have about that many at 15 hours in with me doing alot of sidequests.  I have a tendency to save right before trying to open a locker, so if I screw up the sequence I just reload and try again instead of wasting the omni gel.

Because I can,
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: November 30, 2007, 03:25:30 PM »

The beginning of ME is very good. The middle is a bit hit-and-miss (and that time makes you all too aware of the many quirks), but darn-it if the last 1/4 or so didn't leave me wanting more.

That's a good way of putting it, IMHO. The ending sequence of the last 3 hours or so is quite intense and makes it so you can't put down the controller for any reason.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 30, 2007, 03:28:23 PM »

Hmm, I thought the beginning was the worst part- mainly because there is so much world-building background to be done it's largely a series of setting the stage info-dumps.  I really enjoyed all of the post- Citade plot missions. 
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 30, 2007, 04:18:01 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 30, 2007, 08:02:45 AM

150+ saves.

heh, I have about that many at 15 hours in with me doing alot of sidequests.  I have a tendency to save right before trying to open a locker, so if I screw up the sequence I just reload and try again instead of wasting the omni gel.

Man, I thought I was an excessive saver but you guys are nuts.  I just hit 20 hours and am on save #25.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 30, 2007, 04:36:15 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on November 30, 2007, 04:18:01 PM

150+ saves.

Man, I thought I was an excessive saver but you guys are nuts.  I just hit 20 hours and am on save #25.

a bunch of them have been paranoia saves too- in the beginning I didn't save alot and ended up re-doing alot due to the game crashing a couple of times and the occasional getting stuck on geometry (plus I just hate the 'Simon' mini-game and don't feel like repeating it, especially when it feels like the time limit to hit the right button is very arbitrary, even when doing the same one over again).

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 30, 2007, 05:24:09 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 30, 2007, 04:36:15 PM

Quote from: Gratch on November 30, 2007, 04:18:01 PM

150+ saves.

a bunch of them have been paranoia saves too- in the beginning I didn't save alot and ended up re-doing alot due to the game crashing a couple of times and the occasional getting stuck on geometry (plus I just hate the 'Simon' mini-game and don't feel like repeating it, especially when it feels like the time limit to hit the right button is very arbitrary, even when doing the same one over again).

I felt the same way at 1st about the hacking game, but I've gotten used to it and have become very good at it; I can't recall bungling a hack in 100's of attempts. The initial timeout does seem a bit random, but once you get good at it you'll never miss the 1st button and the timeout for the rest of the buttons seems more consistent. You also have the option of just using omni gel and skipping the mini game, but to get enough gel you'll most likely have to tranform some of your collected items.
In hindsight it may not have been a bad option for me, since I now have over 3 million credits with little or nothing to spend them on.  icon_frown
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 05:27:33 PM by kronovan » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 30, 2007, 05:42:42 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on November 30, 2007, 05:24:09 PM

In hindsight it may not have been a bad option for me, since I now have over 3 million credits with little or nothing to spend them on.  icon_frown

I'm still at the part where the good stuff costs 50 grand yet nothing I sell back is worth more that 2 grand.

Because I can,
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: November 30, 2007, 07:04:52 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 30, 2007, 05:42:42 PM

Quote from: kronovan on November 30, 2007, 05:24:09 PM

I'm still at the part where the good stuff costs 50 grand yet nothing I sell back is worth more that 2 grand.

You'll get to that point, don't worry. Just gain a dozen or two levels and you'll be awash in credits.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 01, 2007, 02:34:51 PM »

I ended up playing about 9 hours or so on Thursday, and loved every minute.
I've been to two planets, one of which was the mission to get the last party member.
Loved that one by the way. And the Mako is fantastic. Driving it around is an absolute blast.
Actually, my son is behind me at the moment just roaming around in the Mako.
I didn't realize it had a cannon, though. That would have helped a lot on that mission.

I've been wasting Omni-gel a lot, but I'm guessing that won't be a huge deal long-term,
since there's tons of upgrades/items I won't use.

Can't wait to play some more. This is the most engrossing/cinematic game I've ever played.
It's patently obvious they derived a lot of inspiration from Babylon 5. Playing ME feels
like I'm playing through a B5 storyline.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: December 01, 2007, 04:00:32 PM »

heh, I was looking throught the manual last night and saw they control listing for the Mako with the cannon listed- I guess none of us are bothering to read the manual  icon_lol

I got my specialization last night- I went commando at level 23 or 24 and all I've been doing are side quests that pop up when I enter a new system.  I still haven hit a million credits yet- last night I actually had to convert about 20 items into omnigel because I ran out of inventory space and when I clicked on 'equipment' it wouldn't let me back out without doing so.

It also occurred to me, what with all those Bioware KotOR MMORPG rumours floating around, that ME would make for a good MMORPG setting.

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 02, 2007, 04:39:27 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 01, 2007, 04:00:32 PM

It also occurred to me, what with all those Bioware KotOR MMORPG rumours floating around, that ME would make for a good MMORPG setting.

Yup I agree, I'd rather have a Mass Effect MMORPG from Bioware than a Star Wars MMORPG.
I finished the game tonight after a lenghty play session today. I didn't quite make all of the achievements I wanted to but I was pleased to get over 1/2 of all that's possible. smile To put it simply I was blown away by the game, not just by the gameplay but by some other factors as well.
I going to post my final impresson in the 'Mass Effect...release day impression' thread.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 12:57:51 PM by kronovan » Logged
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: December 02, 2007, 05:23:07 AM »

Of course, with an ME MMO, then you'd have the same problem of everyone wanting to be a spectre, but to get it you'd have to do random grinding for hundreds of hours.  slywink
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 02, 2007, 11:15:24 PM »

Quick question: How does one get money for salvaged stuff and finding deposits?

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 02, 2007, 11:17:47 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on December 02, 2007, 11:15:24 PM

Quick question: How does one get money for salvaged stuff and finding deposits?

the money is deposited directly as soon as you make the discovery.  watch the right-hand side of the screen after you survery a deposit and you'll see the little message pop up that you've received XP and credits...same thing happens as soon as you leave the galaxy map.  it's all automatic and happens immediately.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 02, 2007, 11:26:39 PM »

Alright, thanks.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: December 02, 2007, 11:34:33 PM »

I actually like how you don't have to do the loot pickup dance after every battle, any credits or items are deposited directing into you inventory.  Not realistic, but a nice time saving feature.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 03, 2007, 12:06:54 AM »

Got to play a bit more this afternoon.
Visited one more planet (ran into a distress beacon) then went back to the citadel.
Only one seeker left to find, but no clue where to look, LOL.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: December 03, 2007, 04:09:46 AM »

You mean keeper?  Try walking between CSec and the warrens.  Walk there through the transitions.  It's funny because there's actually two areas you walk through before getting to the warrens, and of of them had both the last keeper I needed and a completely throwaway NPC that was still spouting mission dialog from the very first mission.  This was after I'd almost finished the game.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 03, 2007, 07:21:08 AM »

odd... did anyone else get a notification of achievements while playing?  I've gotten a few but nothings popped up saying I got them.

Because I can,
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 03, 2007, 01:43:21 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 03, 2007, 07:21:08 AM

odd... did anyone else get a notification of achievements while playing?  I've gotten a few but nothings popped up saying I got them.

Yeah, I got them as usual. 
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 03, 2007, 03:55:06 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 03, 2007, 01:43:21 PM

Yep I've been getting notifications while playing.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 03, 2007, 03:57:37 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on December 03, 2007, 12:06:54 AM

Got to play a bit more this afternoon.
Visited one more planet (ran into a distress beacon) then went back to the citadel.
Only one seeker left to find, but no clue where to look, LOL.

Spoiler for Hiden:
There is one in the back tunnel in the "bank area" I believe it is the bank or the room next to it that has a tunnel/stairway in the back. I found it doing another quest "Strange Signals"

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 03, 2007, 03:58:21 PM »

I believe you can turn this option off and on so you may have it set to "off"

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 03, 2007, 04:13:10 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on December 03, 2007, 03:55:06 PM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 03, 2007, 01:43:21 PM

Yep I've been getting notifications while playing.

yeah, something definitely up.  I hit the 1 million credit mark last night and nothing popped up yet I got the achievement when I checked after playing.  no biggie though.

I think I've exhausted all the available side quests other than some collection ones and have finally made it to Noveria (Feros is next) at level 30.  Some of the side quests did have a nice ruthless ending to them, and I've found that Thresher Maws now go down quicker when I park the Mako in a safe place and go in on foot.  I kind of wish they had given you a flying option for the planetside missions- it's not like there's no place the Mako can't go if you put your mind to it, but speeding over new terrain in a flyer would have been neat.

Oh, and some alien vegetation would be nice too!

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: