http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 01:39:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect Impressions: Release Day Edition  (Read 22604 times)
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2007, 07:11:45 AM »

In response to warning:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Nope, you didn't mess things up.  If you pursue conversations, you'll hear about Garrus going to the medical building following up on a lead.  In fact, a lot of the citadel is scripted in a way where you can do things in different orders and you'll end up with the same result.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2007, 08:09:22 AM »

Damn, when this game is on, it's on.  Just went through the scenario where I went to get the final character in the party.  Loved combat in the whole section (there was some tough fights where that were won strictly on the use of good tactics), framerate was pretty much rock solid the entire time, environments were gorgeous, story getting interesting, etc...
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2007, 08:43:06 AM »

I love how well things are layed out in this game. When I was on Citadel the moment I started to feel I was wandering aimlessly, a few moments later I was in the right place. I'm starting to get the impression that the layout of the areas and the pacing of this game are far more clever than what's at 1st apparent.

I'm still early in the game and have just now made it to the Feros and managed to upgrade my Sniper skill to the a respectible level. Man oh man is the sniper rifle real sweet once your skill has evolved enough to make good use of it! I've also just obtained the advanced overload capability and wow does it work well. I can't tell you how glad I am that I went with the Infiltrator class, the weapons are very good and the combat tech skills are proving to be very effective. Kudos to Ridah for some feedback that led me to this class choice.

I've also been blown away by a lot of the artwork and visual design in this game; textures work and lighting in particular.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 09:17:23 AM by kronovan » Logged
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: November 23, 2007, 11:15:59 AM »

for those who have completed Feros:

Spoiler for Hiden:
While in the Exogen building, did anyone have Tali with them?  If so, did she interact with the Geth orb?  I have this sneaking suspicion that the orb is exactly what Tali needed for her pilgrimage.  I had Ashley and Kaiden with me at the time, and using it just had Kaiden say some small one liner.  I'm convinced enough that I'm going to have to replay a large section of Feros just to see if it is.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2007, 12:30:25 PM »

Thanks Kevin & Turtle.  That's what I was thinking but I didn't want to put hours and hours in and later find I couldn't acquire him.

And Wrex is just fookin' awesome!
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2007, 01:12:06 PM »

Great game and I am having a ball.  I just took down
Spoiler for Hiden:
Benezia
.   I am enjoying the game quite a bit. 

Here's a tip.  When you jump into a system run the cursor around the asteroid belts.  No telling what you'll find or who       nod      icon_wink

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: November 23, 2007, 02:17:45 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on November 23, 2007, 04:39:09 AM

Left the Citadel, landed on my first world (looking for the scientist chick), and discovered that I absolutely hate the vehicle controls.  Even after an hour of driving around, I'm honestly spending more time fighting the controls than I am fighting enemies in this damn thing.  How much vehicle combat is there, as it could really end up being a deal-breaker for me if it's a major part of the game.

The Mako is simple to control, IMHO. For the most part, your vehicle will try to go the direction you're pushing the left analog. And it'll drive up and over just about anything. The thrusters are next to useless (unless you get yourself totally stuck), so just ignore them unless you're trying to bunny hop incoming rockets.

One thing to keep in mind - the turret is completely incapable of hitting what you're aiming if you're moving at FULL speed. Like if you're trying to circle something. Just slow down and let your overwhelming firepower take down your target (and don't forget to use both guns). The Mako tends to regenerate health when you're not in it (like when you go inside), and it's capable of absorbing a lot of damage.

Finally - remember that unlike your more troublesome opponents (turrets), you have instant-hit weapons. So just sit still at range (remember to use LT to zoom), fire off your big gun, then move a little bit when they return fire.

To answer your question - there's a lot of vehicle exploration that I've seen so far. Generally each system has a planet you can land on, and while the 'scan all minerals' part of the planets are entirely optional (although they bring in a LOT of funds over time), there's generally a place to drive to on each world that's useful for some reason or another (for your guys to head into).

And to tell the naysayers that this game is short - I'm 20 hours in, and I've done exactly one main 'mission' (pick up the scientist chick). The rest of the time has been spent on optional quests and such. Although I'm worried I'll be a tad overpowered for the main quest line now (hit level 22 recently).

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2007, 06:08:03 PM »

Yeah, I'm about 12+ hours into it, and have only gotten the last party member, as far as the main quests go. Right now I'm doing side-quests like a maniac, and touching down on planets to do a bit of rovering. I'm really glad Bioware is considering doing sequels for the game, because they've spent A LOT of time fleshing this universe out (I've read everything in the Codex so far... insanity), and it would be an absolute crime not to take more of an advantage of it.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 23, 2007, 06:14:13 PM »

Quote from: Fellow on November 23, 2007, 06:08:03 PM

Yeah, I'm about 12+ hours into it, and have only gotten the last party member, as far as the main quests go. Right now I'm doing side-quests like a maniac, and touching down on planets to do a bit of rovering.

Exactly where I'm at.  Despite people saying that there isn't much to find on random planets, I was quite pleased when I landed on an uncharted planet, found a pirate lair, and then triggered a sidequest in the process. 
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 23, 2007, 06:23:06 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 23, 2007, 06:14:13 PM

Yeah, I'm about 12+ hours into it, and have only gotten the last party member, as far as the main quests go. Right now I'm doing side-quests like a maniac, and touching down on planets to do a bit of rovering.

Exactly where I'm at.  Despite people saying that there isn't much to find on random planets, I was quite pleased when I landed on an uncharted planet, found a pirate lair, and then triggered a sidequest in the process. 

Yeah, I haven't run out of things todo yet.  Example I was in the elevator and a Reporter indicated a Marine unit went missing in some odd sector.  Looked in my journal and a quest was triggered just from hearing that report.  I'm currently going to finish that quest up as it iis a breadcrumb that start a whole series.  Loving the game

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 23, 2007, 06:25:23 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 23, 2007, 06:23:06 PM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 23, 2007, 06:14:13 PM

Yeah, I haven't run out of things todo yet.  Example I was in the elevator and a Reporter indicated a Marine unit went missing in some odd sector.  Looked in my journal and a quest was triggered just from hearing that report.  I'm currently going to finish that quest up as it iis a breadcrumb that start a whole series.  Loving the game

That sidequest absolutely destroyed my ass.  I just wasn't set up for going up against a large group of biotics.  I hightailed it out of there and will come back some other time. 
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 23, 2007, 08:09:40 PM »

ok,i have been playing the game for about 6 hrs,i have really been taking my time...i am really enjoying the game,and once i got to know my way around the citadal,it was really cool,i think i did all the side quests at the moment..and i have just taken off again in the Normandy

so,bugs wise,they arent nearly as bad as i was thinking they were gonna be...sure when walking,running about you get the stuttering,but it isnt anything mega serious...and i only notice the pop up,when on the character armor select screen...perhaps it will become more evident later on

one thing though,my xbox froze while doing a lengthy side quest!!!....no other problems though

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: November 23, 2007, 08:23:36 PM »

I'm not sure where people got the impression the game was short to start with.  Yeah, I finished in just under 14 hours, but that was playing straight through the main story and doing virtually no side quests.  I am not an rpg-er, and don't like em, so, I treated it like an action/shooter and really enjoyed my romp through. 

What makes the game accessible to just about anyone, I think, is you can play it anyway you want.  Whereas with so many of the other rpg games in the past I tried, I got so bored trying to get through the fodder to even FIND the main story that I tired quickly and gave up.  Not with Mass Effect.  Played it non stop til I finished it.  Never did that with an rpg type of game before.

As for being a shooter, just wait til the ending.  Hang on.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: November 23, 2007, 08:43:56 PM »

That's a big strength of this game.  You can play it like a movie, plot, more plot, climax, and finale, all without sacrificing anything.  However, if you're more an RPG player who is as interested in the world you can visit a bunch of those planets, talk to everyone etc...  So ~14 hours burning straight through, or 60+ hours doing side quests.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 23, 2007, 09:15:13 PM »

Quote from: mikeg on November 23, 2007, 08:23:36 PM

I'm not sure where people got the impression the game was short to start with.  Yeah, I finished in just under 14 hours, but that was playing straight through the main story and doing virtually no side quests.  I am not an rpg-er, and don't like em, so, I treated it like an action/shooter and really enjoyed my romp through. 

It wasn't just you- while you made it clear you didn't do anything but critical path, I've seen a lot of comments about the game being excessively short, even from those who claim to have done most of the sidequests.  Frankly, I question their integrity- I'm overflowing in sidequests and, while it might not be apparent, quite a few quests are chained together- finishing one opens up another,etc. 
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2007, 10:58:45 PM »

I've played for a bit... and man, the inventory system is killing it for me.  It's a chore to manage and play the game.  It's really, really detracting from the overall experience.

gellar
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2007, 12:02:16 AM »

Quote from: gellar on November 23, 2007, 10:58:45 PM

I've played for a bit... and man, the inventory system is killing it for me.  It's a chore to manage and play the game.  It's really, really detracting from the overall experience.

Yeah, that's my major complaint with the game so far. Inventory management, well, SUCKS. Very slow scrolling speed, no way to sort anything, and items that have no real reason to use (why should I use a weapon attachment that causes fire damage and reduces my accuracy, when I can do more damage with a poison mod that has no negatives?). And before you ask - yes, the Geth take poison damage just like every other creature I've faced so far.

Basically I just load up on items and make a single trip back to the ship every so often. At that point, I sell 98% of what I acquire. Yay?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 24, 2007, 12:15:08 AM »

Inventory management isn't too awful if you keep on top of it- I clean it out pretty frequently so it hasn't been too awful- in fact I'd say it's less annoying for me now than it was in KOTOR.

What pisses me off about the interface is squad management- there is no way to tell what everyone's skills are unless they are in your squad, which is especially annoying when you are managing their inventory on the ship but don't know if they should be using a shotgun, assault rifle, etc...
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2007, 02:28:24 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 24, 2007, 12:15:08 AM

What pisses me off about the interface is squad management- there is no way to tell what everyone's skills are unless they are in your squad, which is especially annoying when you are managing their inventory on the ship but don't know if they should be using a shotgun, assault rifle, etc...

Very good point. And it's kept me from truly 'exploring' what everybody can do. I've stuck with Liara and Wrex (with my Infiltrator), and I think I'll be keeping it for a good long while. Just meshes so well. And I know what everybody can do.

And random fun fact with the Mako - it has three levels of 'zoom' on its main gun. Hold down the Left Trigger for the first, then click in the Right Thumbstick for the other two.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 02:33:48 AM by Destructor » Logged

Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2007, 04:37:10 AM »

Damn, didn't know about the second zoom. Thanks.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2007, 05:34:53 AM »

Yeah, the advice about the second zoom is great.  Just made Mako combat a lot easier (as well as being a great way to scout out enemy encampments). 
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2007, 09:38:03 AM »

is it just me or is it that Wrex ...

looks a lot like....

Dex from star wars attack of the clones??

and then,as i have said before there is of course John Shepard from mass effect

looks a lot like....

Jack Shephard from the TV series Lost

anyway,back to the game..i have spent about 2-3 hrs doing a side mission finding and destroying Geth colonies in the armstrong nebula....went to about 4-5 planets and went to all the debris on the planets...been going to all the planets i can find and hidden asteroids to scan and survey the surface for metals and gasses....7hrs on the clock...going back to the main quest now

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2007, 02:11:51 PM »

Quick question:   I put a couple points into the First Aid skill as a Soldier.  It said I am supposed to get an ability that heals X amount of points to my entire team, but it's not anywhere on my wheel when I pull it up.  Am I missing something, or does First Aid just bump up the healing rate when I use the Medi-Gel stuff?

I'm hoping I didn't gimp myself when I accidentally chose Auto-Level when I had 8 points to spend.  It put some points in strange spots that I wish I had back (it put 3 in Intimidate when I already had 5 in Charm, 2 points in pistols when I'd been focusing on Assault Rifles, etc.   icon_confused). Since my previous save was a couple hours back, I didn't bother reloading to change it.  Hasn't seemed to cause any problems so far (14 hours in, level 20), but we'll see how it goes.

I've gotten the hang of combat a bit, and am now really enjoying it.  Bioware tells an amazing story, and I have really connected with these characters and this gameworld.  The AI is still completely worthless, and I typically just let them run around and do their own thing while I concentrate on specific baddies.  I wish I could actually buy some of the stuff in the stores, but everything is still way too expensive.  I've maxed out my Combat Armor skill, but have yet to find a single piece of heavy armor I can actually afford!  Frustrating.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 24, 2007, 03:24:21 PM »

Gratch you should be fine- nothing that can't be remedied by getting a few add'l levels.  The pistol is a great skill to have. 

Re: money- explore the worlds.  Finding ore deposits on worlds you land on or surveying other worlds will net huge amounts of cash. 
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 24, 2007, 03:34:03 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 24, 2007, 03:24:21 PM

Re: money- explore the worlds.  Finding ore deposits on worlds you land on or surveying other worlds will net huge amounts of cash. 

Is surveying a skill that opens up later in the game?   So far, I've only been to the Citadel, the world where you find the 6th crew member, and now the ice planet from the main quest.  I haven't seen anything about ore deposits or surveying, but maybe I just haven't got far enough in yet.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2007, 03:38:24 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on November 24, 2007, 03:34:03 PM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 24, 2007, 03:24:21 PM

Is surveying a skill that opens up later in the game?   So far, I've only been to the Citadel, the world where you find the 6th crew member, and now the ice planet from the main quest.  I haven't seen anything about ore deposits or surveying, but maybe I just haven't got far enough in yet.

You've got access to it now.  On the Galaxy map whenever you go to the different systems (and right now you can go to every one of those on the main Milky Way map) select each planet in a system.  Sometimes it will give you the option to Survey.  Also, as I think Destructor pointed out, scan around asteroid belts for "hidden" resource deposits (you can often see a very faint twinkling when there is something hidden but I ususally just rotate teh cursor all the way around the asteroid belt). 

I'm 20 hours in now and have yet to do any main quest missions other than find the final crew member.  The  number of side quests is mind boggling.  It's amazing the stuff I've stumbled on just exploring the galaxy.  Heck, I just did the "personal quest" for one of my crewmembers far earlier than is normal because I happened upon a certain planet. 
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 24, 2007, 03:46:07 PM »

Wow. Major situation just went to shit for the Normandy crew. Commander is hot right now. mad

I just ran across a part where I was actually shocked enough that I found myself with my hand over my mouth, then pissed...in fact I wish I had the beat the hell out of a crewmember option right now. I literally had to get out of the game for a minute and ended up typing this. Part of me wants to reload to see if I could change the outcome of that situation, then again...I think I'm just going to play through this and see where it goes. I hope I can shove someone out of the airlock.  icon_twisted

Bioware just proved to me again why they make such great RPGs...those bastards!
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: November 24, 2007, 03:55:59 PM »

Booner, can we get which situation you're referring to in a spoiler tag so we know what you're talking about?
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 24, 2007, 04:06:32 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 24, 2007, 09:38:03 AM

is it just me or is it that Wrex ...
looks a lot like....
Dex from star wars attack of the clones??

Yup, I noticed that similarity right away. The Bioware character designer appears to have been influenced by Dex; was it subconsisous or deliberate, who knows. Wrex is still different enough that I don't think it'll piss off Lucas Arts too much. And if you were going to be influenced by a Star Wars character, I can't think of a better one; Dex is my favorite muppet/CG character from the SW universe.
As to Jack vs John Sheppard, I can't comment because I didn't follow the Lost series.
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 24, 2007, 04:10:02 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on November 24, 2007, 03:55:59 PM

Booner, can we get which situation you're referring to in a spoiler tag so we know what you're talking about?

Sure...it's a main quest situation.

Spoiler for Hiden:
On the planet with the Solarian recon teams that have some information on Saren. When you meet the Solarian captain and he discusses how they also have information regarding the Krogans and the Genophage... Wrex gets pissed.

I know this could obviously have different outcomes...but when I'm trying to calm the big fella.

What happened in my case...

Spoiler for Hiden:
He draws he gun on me. As I'm trying to talk it out and get everything collected...Ashley shoots him in the back. Then proceeds to walk up and pump extra rounds in him!

Ruthless!!!

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2007, 04:10:28 PM »

Hell yeah- just unlocked my specialization class (I chose Operative)!
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 24, 2007, 04:44:42 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 24, 2007, 03:38:24 PM

You've got access to it now.  On the Galaxy map whenever you go to the different systems (and right now you can go to every one of those on the main Milky Way map) select each planet in a system.  Sometimes it will give you the option to Survey.  Also, as I think Destructor pointed out, scan around asteroid belts for "hidden" resource deposits (you can often see a very faint twinkling when there is something hidden but I ususally just rotate teh cursor all the way around the asteroid belt). 

I'm 20 hours in now and have yet to do any main quest missions other than find the final crew member.  The  number of side quests is mind boggling.  It's amazing the stuff I've stumbled on just exploring the galaxy.  Heck, I just did the "personal quest" for one of my crewmembers far earlier than is normal because I happened upon a certain planet. 

Thanks Kevin.  I'll start exploring some of the other random planets once I finish up with this main quest one.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 24, 2007, 06:14:08 PM »

15 hrs in,just come from some cold planet that i cant remember the name off(main quest)..norvonia or something like that..been doing all the side quests as well as exploring whole systems...the systems usually have about 5-7 planets with one landable planet,so i have just been marking them all off the list

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2007, 09:56:31 PM »

Booner, for your second play through:
Spoiler for Hiden:
the only way to resolve that situation peacefully is to have the Charm skill the highest it can possibly be.  To do that, you need to do a lot of side quests to raise your paragon rating.  I'm not sure if intimidate will work the same way though.
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2007, 11:13:29 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on November 23, 2007, 11:15:59 AM

for those who have completed Feros:

Spoiler for Hiden:
While in the Exogen building, did anyone have Tali with them?  If so, did she interact with the Geth orb?  I have this sneaking suspicion that the orb is exactly what Tali needed for her pilgrimage.  I had Ashley and Kaiden with me at the time, and using it just had Kaiden say some small one liner.  I'm convinced enough that I'm going to have to replay a large section of Feros just to see if it is.

I did this section with Tali

Spoiler for Hiden:
All she said about the Orb was something in response to Shepard talking about the geth finding religion.  Something like she wouldn't be surprised.  Definately not the pilgrimage item.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2007, 11:31:35 PM »

i am really having a cool time....just been ticking off all the planets still...18hrs in,investigating this,investigating that...framerate what people were/are talking about is hardly noticable..its nothing,i have seen worse on few other games...in fact i cant believe i got so worried about the bugs

the RV or whatever it is(the six wheeled beast you drive about in),is a real challenge to drive while going over various mountains...but,i have a way to make it a bit less of a pain.....as i am bouncing and jetting up and down and upside down,i just sing 'chitty chitty bang bang'...just like in ace ventura 2....so.all together now.....'Oh you pretty Chitty Bang Bang,Chitty Chitty Bang Bang,We love you...Bang Bang Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Our fine foursix fendered friend.' icon_lol

oh,and another thing,when i am on a uncharted planet or whatever,looking at the map and marking the destination thats star wars galaxies all over...i remember doing the same on tatooine to see Jabbas palace...although you are in the RV in this game,going over the mountains of tatooine in your landspeeder felt exaclty the same in SWG.....always pushing,so that you slow to a crawl when those mountain sides get practically vertical

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: November 25, 2007, 12:55:29 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on November 24, 2007, 02:11:51 PM

Quick question:   I put a couple points into the First Aid skill as a Soldier.  It said I am supposed to get an ability that heals X amount of points to my entire team, but it's not anywhere on my wheel when I pull it up.  Am I missing something, or does First Aid just bump up the healing rate when I use the Medi-Gel stuff?

I'm hoping I didn't gimp myself when I accidentally chose Auto-Level when I had 8 points to spend.  It put some points in strange spots that I wish I had back (it put 3 in Intimidate when I already had 5 in Charm, 2 points in pistols when I'd been focusing on Assault Rifles, etc.   icon_confused). Since my previous save was a couple hours back, I didn't bother reloading to change it.  Hasn't seemed to cause any problems so far (14 hours in, level 20), but we'll see how it goes.

The 'heal entire team' part is automatic whenever you push Y. If you or somebody else on your current team has it, everybody gets healed. And the points healed STACK if you have multiple characters who have First Aid.

And you wasted points there. There's no reason to have Intimidate points if you have Charm, but pistols can be useful (especially if you overheat your gun and you have multiple people nearby). Never knew that the Auto Level was so...stupid. But as said, it'll just be overcome by a few more levels.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: November 25, 2007, 01:09:39 AM »

So I figured out what that trinket the consort gives you does.  It's a key to one of the various anomalies you find on planets, nothing big, but spoiler below to see what it does.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Look for a platform with a silver reflective sphere in the middle, you can't miss it.  When you use it, it'll pop up and you'll get a bunch of text describing how Prothean ships were on earth studying cro-magnon men.  In this instance, you're seeing a prothean ship visit from the eyes of a cromagnon who has had a recording chip installed in his brain.  This alludes to the protheans having contact with early human ancestors.

I like how the world of mass effect has a whole lot left to explore.  I love reading all the blurbs for each planet, every system has 1 or 2 planets with something mysterious about it to read.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 25, 2007, 01:13:25 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on November 25, 2007, 12:55:29 AM

And you wasted points there. There's no reason to have Intimidate points if you have Charm

There is for role playing reasons.  I play pretty neutral so I end up using intimidate every bit as much as charm. 
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: November 25, 2007, 01:30:09 AM »

I definitely liked the fact that the two meters weren't opposing, at least not most of the time.  This freed you to do things based on the situation, instead of trying to cling to that perfect light side bonus or whatever.

For all the problems I had with this game in the combat and UI, the story, world, and exploration really nails it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: