http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 10:52:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect: finished the game discussion SPOILERS!  (Read 4645 times)
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: November 25, 2007, 01:24:21 AM »

Just wanted a topic for those who finished the game so we could discuss it without the need for spoiler tags.

So, how did you play through?

I played the ultimate paragon soldier.  Chose Ashely, sacrificed Kaiden, managed to not kill Wrex via maxed out charm, and got Saren to shoot himself via charm before fighting his zombified corpse.  All choices were paragon choices, so I saved Feros, saved the council at the cost of the Alliance fleet, etc...

One sad thing was that Kaiden was such a throw away character, I didn't feel as bad about sending him to die as I should have.  I'd hoped there'd be a story mission for him, something involving that girl he liked back on Jump Zero, but I didn't find anything.

Early on I switched teammates a lot, but later on I used primarily Tali and Liara.  With me doing the core damage, the soldier class is just frighteningly powerful with my Spectre assault rifle, shield bypassing ammo, heavy armor, Invulnerability, etc...  I could kill a room full of basic Geth grunts in a few seconds.  Then Tali provided all the tech skills I'd ever need, and helped with the big geth armatures by hacking them.  Liara had full on biotic powers, throwing everything around.  What was really useful was lifting up guys out of cover so I could hit them.

One criticism I have is that the game didn't actually force that many tough decisions at least until the end when team members start dying.  Instead, unless you deliberately want to be ruthless and quick about finishing the game, you can pretty easily save everyone and everything with no repercussions are trade offs in lives.  I'd have loved to see more situations like the choice between Ashley and Kaiden, albiet, without teammate death, early on and would have highlighted how tense the situation really was.  Only at the end was I getting the Jack Bauer vibe, whereas it'd be cool to get that feeling very early on about being a man in a position of power having to make tough choices.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 01:35:24 AM by Turtle » Logged
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 10:02:16 PM »

Well, if I'd seen this I would have posted here first.

I played as the paragon infiltrator.  I also chose Ashely, sacrificed Kaiden, managed to not kill Wrex via maxed out charm, and got Saren to shoot himself via charm before fighting his zombified corpse.  All choices were paragon choices, so I saved Feros, saved the council at the cost of the Alliance fleet, etc... Turtle didn't mention it but I also freed the Rachni.

For Kaiden does anyone know if anything happens if you're a girl character? Is he a love interest or no? Wondering if that adds more to his character. I actually liked him more than Ashley (who was very annoying with her Xenophobic stuff), but I felt bad after dumping her for Liara and had to save her. Oh, and I definitely hooked up with Liara.

Early on I switched teammates a lot, but later on I used primarily Ashley and Liara (or someone and Liara). Being an infiltrator I was a little underpowered (not a huge fan of the class) and actually used a pistol for almost all of the game (of course by the end you can get a damn nice pistol). I was very impressed with Liara and Ashley's power by the end of the game using biotics and weapons respectively. Of course by not having Tali around I couldn't hack anything, but it worked out.

I agree it would ahve been nice to have more big decisions that impacted the game.  However, I can understand limiting them since it is a trilogy and they want it to make sense in the later games... Would have been fun if decisions such as saving the Rachni .

My main complaint is that there was too much driving/fighting in the Mako. I mean really... it was fun in doses, but if you do side-quests (e.g. the Geth bases) then you end up doing way too much of this. But it was really a minor issue for me. Overall, loved it.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 10:03:50 PM by Azhag » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 09:24:54 PM »

great game,...and i think i am the same about choosing ashley over Kaiden....saving wrex,saving the council,sarin commiting suicide,freed the queen rachni...and got off with the blue girl Liara

the game ended not as open as i would of liked,i loved Saren from the prequel book and loved him here,i wanted him to survive and be the main bad dude in the second and third games

and also,i am weary about how disconnected the second and third games will be to this one,as there was a choice on whether ashley or kaiden died,wrex also....so,thinking like that,then these characters cant be in the sequel....can they?.....if shepard is in the next games,will he have a whole new crew,or will they go like Obsidion did with KOTOR 2 and have a whole new crew and main player,but maybe have a character to connect the games......Anderson(who i chose for the council by the way) or Joker would be my preferances if it came to that

great game though,hopefully some more planets and missions can arrive in the form of DLC...but because i have finished the game i would have to start from a previous load or restart the game to access the content.....i dont mind restarting ...but i was going to leave it for a while.....(back to COD4 you see)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 05:49:51 AM »

Quote from: Azhag on November 25, 2007, 10:02:16 PM

I played as the paragon infiltrator.  I also chose Ashley, sacrificed Kaiden, managed to not kill Wrex via maxed out charm, and got Saren to shoot himself via charm before fighting his zombified corpse.  All choices were paragon choices, so I saved Feros, saved the council at the cost of the Alliance fleet, etc... Turtle didn't mention it but I also freed the Rachni.

That covers what I did too to a tee.

Although, oddly enough, even though I saved Ashley's life, I never got the opportunity to 'knock her up'. Apparently I did something early on that messed up my chance with her, as she mentioned at one point that she liked Kaiden.

According to my friend, he had a catfight between the two women as they both wanted to jump into his...well, whatever he slept on (as if you visit the room beforehand, there's CLEARLY no place to sleep short of the floor in the captain's 'ready room').  paranoid

As the Infiltrator, I made sure I worked on both of my unlocking powers, as well as made sure I had full Charm whenever I could. I opened everything in sight because of it, and made a lot of people see things my way. And I had nearly 5 million credits by the end.

My teammates were Wrex and Liara through most of the game (but apparently not enough to get the Achievements for it). Wrex was my raw firepower (although I was quite mean with the pistol, the sniper rifle, and the assault rifle once I purchased the Spectre one that had amazing accuracy on it) and Liara could do whatever was necessary with her Biotic powers. We matched up well and absolutely slaughtered the locals.

My final playtime was 39 hours, 31 minutes, and 137 manual saves. I did get the Achievement for 'finished most of the game', so it seems that my time wasn't totally wasted.

As said before - there aren't too many difficult decisions, but some of them were just plain nasty. I actually sat there on if I should kill the queen of the Rachni or not, on making the final choice as to which of my teammates would die, and if I should save the Council or direct all my firepower at taking down the ship at the end. Do I save 3 people that control the direction of billions, or should I save the lives of billions, and then get a new council?

In retrospect, some of the quests I did the 'right thing' on might have had a large impact in the game. The one pair of guys that wanted to scan the Keepers for example. Or what about the one guy that wanted to keep a body just so they had a chance of making better armor against the Geth? Both small things, but they might've changed some parts of the game (especially the first one). And could the Captain get killed at the end by taking the alternative path in freeing the Normandy?

So many questions. And this game SO warrants another playthrough. Now to find the time to do so...

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 06:36:41 AM »

Why hello there, is this where all of us who chose the EXACT SAME PARAGON OPTIONS come together?

I also completed the game just today, and pretty much chose the same options as listed above. The majority of the time, my teammates were Garrus and Tali. I purposely stopped doing the side quests once I realized the likelihood of me playing through this again was high. My final playtime was around 36 hours.

I liken the experience to playing the first Baldur's Gate. The main quest was where it's at, and the sidequests were very thin fillers. I was even a bit disappointed by the sub-class quest. I mean, come on, it deserved to get something at least a little more extra than "100010101 ---> you just learned a new class!". Also, I considered the main saga to be just a bit on the short side. And don't even get me started on the inventory management. But those were pretty much my only nitpicks. The rest of the game I absolutely loved as was proven by the fact that I started playing this game on Thanksgiving, and kept at it EVERY DAY until today. Haven't been that hooked on a game since, hell, can't even remember.

If Mass Effect 2 will be anything like Baldur's Gate 2 with regards to improving on itself from Baldur's Gate, they'll have a recipe for absolute success. And my continued measily $60.  icon_biggrin
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 06:39:27 AM by Fellow » Logged

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 07:04:56 AM »

I do notice a very big anti-AI vibe in the game and I didn't like how there were no options to be something like an AI sympathizer.  Considering the negative galactic climate against AIs in the game, it would have made for another interesting choice.  I was kind of hoping that I could convince the rogue VI in the prestige class mission on Luna to turn good.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 03:32:46 PM »

Quote from: Fellow on November 27, 2007, 06:36:41 AM

If Mass Effect 2 will be anything like Baldur's Gate 2 with regards to improving on itself from Baldur's Gate, they'll have a recipe for absolute success. And my continued measily $60.  icon_biggrin

Agreed. I can't wait to see how the sequel happens. Especially with the story they have written up to now.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
nymanium
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 03:27:46 AM »

I want to play it again to see how the story goes while playing renegade, but the elevators, combat, and anything to do with the mako would drive me nuts if I tried to play again this soon. Actually thinking of playing Baldur's Gate 2, since it's been ages since I played that, heck don't think I even beat it.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 06:00:48 AM »

Yeah, I ended up with many of the same paragon options.  I loved the Ashley/Kaiden decision because I actually changed my mind.  Initially I sent Kaiden ahead and figured that I was sacrificing him in the process.  But then, at the last minute when you literally have to choose, I actually sacrificed Ashley.  It kind of shocked me because Ashley was one of my core party members (the other was Liara) and it was really instinct that made me do it and I was almost horrified afterward.  But I thought it ended up working best for the plot anyway- Ashley sacrificing herself seemed a fiitting heroic act to restore her family name in the military's good graces. 

I hope in the sequel they either let you load a save or you can go through and answer a series of questions on the various decisions.  Shepherd ended up being one of my favorite player characters in an RPG and I really liked the extend cast (especially Liara, Wrex, Capt Anderson, and Joker) and I want to see them all back in the sequel.

And count me in for hoping we see the same jump we saw from BG1 to BG2.  In a way I kind of hope that the EA influence help- I think if Bioware is given a two year deadline then chances are they'll just concentrate on streamlining the engine and interface and put the bulk of their time into new content.  But given carte blanche maybe they try to get too ambitious and we end up waiting four years for a sequel that ultimately gets pushed to the next console down the line. 
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 06:58:27 PM »

Just finished the game... and just WOW I loved every minute.  I played a paragon infiltrator.  I saved ashley, although looking back I should have let her sacrifice herself...especially since I choose to romance Liara.  I freed the Rachni Queen...I really hope this decision has an impact on the next game (provided they let you import a save game).  I played most of the game with Liara and Garrus, in the end I really ended up not liking Garrus very much, he was usually at odds with my personality.  I would say Garrus is very much a renegade character behind the scenes.  I am going to play through again soon as a female character, likely either a Vanguard or an Adept.

I would also like to think part of the next game in the series could have you returning with Tali from her pilgrimmage to help wipe out the Geth as the Geth Incursions mission certainly hinted at a full blown Geth Invasion.  Even as a paragon character, I found that I felt like the Geth deserved to be exterminated...made me feel very conflicted.  Until I got Liara I used Tali a lot, but once Liara stole my heart, Tali got left on the sidelines.   

I really wish there had been a way to save Saren...
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 07:01:41 PM »

I freed the Rachni Queen...I really hope this decision has an impact on the next game (provided they let you import a save game).

I doubt we'll ever hear about this again.  It's too big of a difference to account for in the sequels, at least in any meaningful way.  I think Bioware themselves already hinted that it wouldn't be addressed when the council says something to the effect of "well, if you're wrong it will be your children's children who pay the price."
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 07:49:05 PM »

I finished last night and I think I leaned towards Paragon, but I got annoyed towards the end and made some renegade decisions.  I played as a vanguard.

I saved the Rachni queen.  I let Kaiden die.  I bumped uglies with Liara.  I sacraficed the council and felt a slight, fleeting bit of remorse for the Asari ship that carried them.  They were bastards anyway and we needed a new council.  I chose Anderson for the Human council member.  I saved Wrex, I didn't know you even got a chance to fight him.

Total play time was just over 24 hours, I somehow did not get the completist achievement or the ally ones, even though I used Wrex and Tali the whole time.

End character was level 48.  I had no problems killing anything after about mid-way.

I did not like the game at all at first.  As I played it grew on me and the last bit was really good, but for the most part unforgettable.  I may try and play through again with different abilities for shits and giggles.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 07:54:54 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 05, 2007, 07:01:41 PM

I freed the Rachni Queen...I really hope this decision has an impact on the next game (provided they let you import a save game).

I doubt we'll ever hear about this again.  It's too big of a difference to account for in the sequels, at least in any meaningful way.  I think Bioware themselves already hinted that it wouldn't be addressed when the council says something to the effect of "well, if you're wrong it will be your children's children who pay the price."

I guess so... but I can still hope.  Perhaps it could be accounted for by having Rachni (seeing as it wasn't just Saren experimenting with them... recall Cerberus), that if you saved the queen, there would be Rachni allies, but if you killed the queen, all that would remain would be the ravaging rachni Cerberus brought back.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 07:56:35 PM »

I really hope Cerebus is explored in the sequel.  Also like to see some more about the Shadow Broker (my guess is that he's Promethean). 
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 07:58:33 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 05, 2007, 07:01:41 PM

I'm not so sure there won't be some Rachni repercussions in the sequels. The UNC: Missing Marines side quest also hints at future possibilities with those foul but clever critters. What was most interesting is that you end up fighting rachni males which rarely engage in battle; or some words along those lines. When I worked through the quest I definitely came away with the impression that it wouldn't be the last time I'd have to engage in a rachni war.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2007, 08:03:50 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on December 05, 2007, 06:58:27 PM

I really wish there had been a way to save Saren...

Yeah, I actually thought you could at one point, based on the dialog tree.

And then he blew his own head off. Excellent scene, none the less.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 08:05:54 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on December 05, 2007, 07:58:33 PM

I'm not so sure there won't be some Rachni repercussions in the sequels.

I think we may see them (the Cerebus stuff makes it quite clear that there are more than just Rachni Queen running around) but I just can't imagine the decision to save the queen or not to have much actual significance. 
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 08:31:36 PM »

what's the Cerebus stuff?  I don't remember that...was it part of the main quest?
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 08:37:03 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on December 05, 2007, 08:31:36 PM

what's the Cerebus stuff?  I don't remember that...was it part of the main quest?

Nah, it's a pretty extensive sidequest chain that concerns a shadowy organization that seems to have some government affiliation (or did before they went rogue).  They were behind the Thresher Maw massacre at Akuze (which comes into play in a quest if you selected sole survivor in character creation) and in doing some of the sidequests you'll find out they have their own Rachni and Thorian specimens. 
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 08:43:37 PM »

My guess is that the shadow broker is a Reaper, or more to the point an agent of the reapers... remember that the promethean AI/VI said that the Reapers sit back and collect information about the civilizations.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 08:44:53 PM »

I hated those Cerebus bastardss.  Took every chance I could to blast them!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 08:47:45 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on December 05, 2007, 08:43:37 PM

My guess is that the shadow broker is a Reaper, or more to the point an agent of the reapers... remember that the promethean AI/VI said that the Reapers sit back and collect information about the civilizations.

I"m guessing Promethean because the conversation with the AI  on Illos kind of left that hanging- the few remaining Prometheans went through the conduit to Citadel station and were presumed dead or somesuch.  Plus, the Shadow Broker agent you talk to refers to the SB maybe being a group of peopl so it might be the entire band of Prometheans that went through the Conduit.

I've seen the Reaper theory as well but my gut instict is that the Shadow Broker is "good". 
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 09:06:03 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 05, 2007, 08:47:45 PM

I"m guessing Promethean because the conversation with the AI  on Illos kind of left that hanging- the few remaining Prometheans went through the conduit to Citadel station and were presumed dead or somesuch.  Plus, the Shadow Broker agent you talk to refers to the SB maybe being a group of peopl so it might be the entire band of Prometheans that went through the Conduit.

I've seen the Reaper theory as well but my gut instict is that the Shadow Broker is "good". 

That is an interesting theory... but how long do Prometheans live?  Over 50,000 years???  The AI said there weren't enough Prometheans left to repopulate that race.  Remeber that the AI said that Saren wasn't the only agent, but rather was just the most visible. 
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 09:10:54 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on December 05, 2007, 09:06:03 PM

That is an interesting theory... but how long do Prometheans live?  Over 50,000 years???  The AI said there weren't enough Prometheans left to repopulate that race.  Remeber that the AI said that Saren wasn't the only agent, but rather was just the most visible. 

Maybe they were in cryo capsules for a large portion of that time and only come out periodically to check to see if technology is approach an apex that would initiate the Reapers and then they drop into "real time" to ensure that that the Reaper's plans are foiled.  Of course they have to stay in the shadows because to reveal themselves would immediately make them a target for the Reaper's agents (yeah, I'm talking out my ass here)....
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2007, 09:13:56 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 05, 2007, 09:10:54 PM

Maybe they were in cryo capsules for a large portion of that time and only come out periodically to check to see if technology is approach an apex that would initiate the Reapers and then they drop into "real time" to ensure that that the Reaper's plans are foiled.  Of course they have to stay in the shadows because to reveal themselves would immediately make them a target for the Reaper's agents (yeah, I'm talking out my ass here)....

Except, the conduit was a one way ride... they would have had no ship to get back to Illos from the citadel, and if they had the Reapers surely would have found them I would think.  Although it would be awesome to be able to meet a Promethean.  I also wish the Salarian would have been a playable party member race... they rock.

Oh and I also wish they had made a way to save the genophage cure to give to the Krogan in Virmire.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2007, 09:15:24 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on December 05, 2007, 09:13:56 PM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 05, 2007, 09:10:54 PM

Except, the conduit was a one way ride... they would have had no ship to get back to Illos from the citadel, and if they had the Reapers surely would have found them I would think.  Although it would be awesome to be able to meet a Promethean.  I also wish the Salarian would have been a playable party member race... they rock.

Oh and I also wish they had made a way to save the genophage cure to give to the Krogan in Virmire.

I replayed the Wrex interaction on Virmire a couple times, too.  I thought there has to be a path to save my buddy Wrex's people.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 09:16:00 PM »

Arkon, right- that's why I think the Prometheans have been on the Citadel all along...
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2007, 09:17:17 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on December 05, 2007, 09:15:24 PM

I replayed the Wrex interaction on Virmire a couple times, too.  I thought there has to be a path to save my buddy Wrex's people.

I don't think all hope is lost.  Just knowing that Saren was able to find a cure means that other, more benevolent scientists, should be able to do it too. 
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2007, 09:19:21 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 05, 2007, 09:16:00 PM

Arkon, right- that's why I think the Prometheans have been on the Citadel all along...

But then where are the cryo pods...how did the keepers not find them?  Also...wasn't wrex hired by the Shadow Broker to kill someone... forgetting the exact details now... but that throws in a whole different angle on the shadow broker.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2007, 09:19:57 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 05, 2007, 09:17:17 PM

I don't think all hope is lost.  Just knowing that Saren was able to find a cure means that other, more benevolent scientists, should be able to do it too. 

The question is more wether the council would allow it.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2007, 09:21:10 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on December 05, 2007, 09:19:57 PM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 05, 2007, 09:17:17 PM

In my world, the council perished in a fiery onslaught from the Geth.  Long live the new council!!!!!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2007, 09:23:10 PM »

Depends on which council ending you got Tongue

The council of the pre-finale probably wouldn't but with a council with Capt Anderson on it may be more receptive and certainly a human-lead council (Renegade ending) could do it.  But even given the status quo, it could be done discreetly by more sympathetic individuals.  Certainly Shepherd will be investigating Saren's path and if he found anything that would be useful for fixing the genophage then he could ensure it was covertly placed in th right hands. 
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2007, 09:27:05 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 05, 2007, 09:23:10 PM

Depends on which council ending you got Tongue

The council of the pre-finale probably wouldn't but with a council with Capt Anderson on it may be more receptive and certainly a human-lead council (Renegade ending) could do it.  But even given the status quo, it could be done discreetly by more sympathetic individuals.  Certainly Shepherd will be investigating Saren's path and if he found anything that would be useful for fixing the genophage then he could ensure it was covertly placed in th right hands. 

I chose to save the council, despite me hating them and thinking they were vile...to hold true to my paragon nature, I had to do what was morally right by saving them.  Hopefully they now see the error in thier ways.  Then again, Krogan are badass in combat...letting them regain in numbers could be deadly to the alliance races...

I really hope we get to see the flotilla at some point.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2007, 09:32:34 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on December 05, 2007, 09:27:05 PM

I chose to save the council, despite me hating them and thinking they were vile...to hold true to my paragon nature, I had to do what was morally right by saving them.  Hopefully they now see the error in thier ways.  Then again, Krogan are badass in combat...letting them regain in numbers could be deadly to the alliance races...

Yeah, that's the interesting wrinkle.  The Genophage does seem to be a slow form of genocide but the flip side is that based on conversations with Wrex, unlike the Rachni, the Krogan may still be a huge threat. 

Me too.  There was some good speculation on GAF  re: who you might keep in your party in the sequels and who might leave to make room for new characters.  I thought it made a lot of sense that Tali may return to the Flotilla since she completed her quest but maybe you can go visit at some point due to a plot point (certainly don't think we've seen the last of the Geth and I imagine there may be more to their story with the Quarians). 
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2007, 09:49:17 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 05, 2007, 09:32:34 PM

Quote from: Arkon on December 05, 2007, 09:27:05 PM

Yeah, that's the interesting wrinkle.  The Genophage does seem to be a slow form of genocide but the flip side is that based on conversations with Wrex, unlike the Rachni, the Krogan may still be a huge threat. 

Me too.  There was some good speculation on GAF  re: who you might keep in your party in the sequels and who might leave to make room for new characters.  I thought it made a lot of sense that Tali may return to the Flotilla since she completed her quest but maybe you can go visit at some point due to a plot point (certainly don't think we've seen the last of the Geth and I imagine there may be more to their story with the Quarians). 

Of course with an armada of Reapers out there... the universe may need the Krogan to help defeat the Reapers.  I would think Garrus, Wrex and Liara would be a lock to still be with Shepard depending on how you played things on Virmire....I really hope they have some way of accounting for the players decisions, such as letting Kaidan die, and not killing Wrex....
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2007, 09:55:33 PM »

I think Garrus may be jettisoned too- he's going to go off to become a Spectre, so presumably he'll have his own separate missions to do. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Bioware kills off the love interest (if there was one) at the beginning of ME2.  I would be surprised if they want to deal with three completely separate "love" paths in the sequels, never mind there will be a temptation to insert some new romance into the proceedings as well. 

And, yeah, I'm going to be pissed if they don't account for our decisions. 
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2007, 10:03:37 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 05, 2007, 09:55:33 PM

I think Garrus may be jettisoned too- he's going to go off to become a Spectre, so presumably he'll have his own separate missions to do. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Bioware kills off the love interest (if there was one) at the beginning of ME2.  I would be surprised if they want to deal with three completely separate "love" paths in the sequels, never mind there will be a temptation to insert some new romance into the proceedings as well. 

And, yeah, I'm going to be pissed if they don't account for our decisions. 

They better not kill off Liara!  I will be pissed if they do.

You really think Garrus will end up a Spectre?  I just don't see it happening... but then I was pretty hard on him and he really changed throughout the game.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2007, 10:06:56 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on December 05, 2007, 10:03:37 PM

You really think Garrus will end up a Spectre?  I just don't see it happening... but then I was pretty hard on him and he really changed throughout the game.

Positive- he told me so himself Tongue  I think it depends on how you handle his personal subquest. 
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2007, 10:09:02 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 05, 2007, 10:06:56 PM

Quote from: Arkon on December 05, 2007, 10:03:37 PM

Positive- he told me so himself Tongue  I think it depends on how you handle his personal subquest. 

What the heck, I did his quest and all he said was thanks!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2007, 10:10:32 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on December 05, 2007, 10:09:02 PM

What the heck, I did his quest and all he said was thanks!

It might have to do with me taking the Renegade option for his quest.  I think I made him more cynical and meaner!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: