http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 12:56:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 - Impressions Incoming! Leviathan DLC released!  (Read 34822 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 20, 2012, 02:10:21 PM »

To answer my own question, EA's FAQ acknowledges text chat isn't functioning in the PC demo but is being "considered" for the full game, which sounds a little odd given the key binding for text chat in the PC demo:

https://help.ea.com/article/mass-effect-3-demo-faq
Does the ME3 demo feature text chatting?
No, however we are aware this is desired, particularly for the hearing impaired, and are considering adding this feature to full game.

I'm a little perplexed by the "unlocked" classes/races later on cause the ones I have don't have the special attacks assigned to numbers (the initial classes seem to have them assigned to numbers automatically). Any ideas on that? When I pull up the HUD (left Shift key I think), these later classes' special attacks (i.e. powers) are available there but it's awfully clumsy using them that way instead of by a hotkey. I've looked through options, and I've been doing Internet searches on it, and so far don't see any way to assign these special attacks to hotkeys manually. I hope I'm just missing something?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 02:15:41 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 20, 2012, 06:54:11 PM »

As far as I know, when you spend your points on the powers, they should be hotkeyed automatically.  I did run into a bug where my character's powers didn't show up on my hotkeys for a match, but once I restarted another match, it fixed itself.  For some reason, you can't reassign hotkeys nor assign them by dragging from the shift menu either.

On a side note, Overload seems like an overpowered ability. Using my human engineer or turian sentinel, I breeze through enemies.  The combat drone for the engineer helps so much as well. It's like having another player with you. My brother and I duoed bronze missions with two engineers easily even at lower levels.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 20, 2012, 07:37:46 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 20, 2012, 04:42:10 AM

Take Back the Earth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Vs7kix6_8Ks

extended cut is coming Tuesday.

Sweet!  I saw the commercial last night during Walking Dead and was blown away.  At first I thought it was some new alien invasion movie coming out and I was like, oh I have to see this movie!!!

Then on a whim I went online and checked out the cast, and all my favorites look like they are still there.  Hooray!

And even better, I guess there will be male/male romance options too!  What else could I ask for? 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 21, 2012, 11:36:34 PM »

pre-load on Amazon dated:

This item will be available to download on March 2, 2012 at 10:00 AM (US/Pacific)

I imagine Origin will be the same way.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 22, 2012, 12:36:40 AM »

I played the first part of the demo last night and was just amazed at how well everything was done in terms of cinematic presentation, effects, music, emotion, the whole nine yards.  Just absolutely fantastic.  Only problem for me was that it kind of gave me a headache, all the camera angles and changes and stuff.  I'm gonna have to find a way to get over it because I really want to see how the story ends.  In the mean time I'm looking for the hottest Shepherd face code I can find :-)
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 22, 2012, 01:05:22 AM »

I'm a bit bummed because I really wanted to play this on PC since the graphical differences from xbox to PC are huge.  However it has coop and friends are getting 360 version.

Good thing about Batman not having multiplayer is it looks better for me on PC  ninja
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 22, 2012, 11:13:38 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 21, 2012, 11:36:34 PM

This item will be available to download on March 2, 2012 at 10:00 AM (US/Pacific)

amazon also has 10 bucks off on the download version now too, a few days ago it wasn't offered. will get that when SSX ships and use my 10 bucks off to get another coupon! and the chain begins a new this year.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 22, 2012, 05:49:06 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on February 22, 2012, 11:13:38 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on February 21, 2012, 11:36:34 PM

amazon also has 10 bucks off on the download version now too, a few days ago it wasn't offered. will get that when SSX ships and use my 10 bucks off to get another coupon! and the chain begins a new this year.

unfortunately they took away the 15% discount they were offering on the game.  I pre-ordered it for $71.95 (minus a $15 credit), now it's back up to $79.99.

Because I can,
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 22, 2012, 06:30:01 PM »

Just read on official forums that Totalbiscuit is advocating a total boycott of ME3. This is to do with Bioware making DLC available on day one. This content is integral to the main story. And they've separated it to make money off it on day one. If this is true, that's downright sleazy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri0vrJ-y2zM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 06:39:05 PM by Arclight » Logged

Grace: Unmerited favor.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 22, 2012, 06:37:40 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on February 22, 2012, 06:30:01 PM

Just read on official forums that Totalbiscuit is advocating a total boycott of ME3. This is to do with Bioware making DLC available on day one. This content is integral to the main story. And they've separated it to make money off it on day one. If this is true, that's downright sleazy.

I've heard the day 1 DLC is going to be like the Saeed DLC from ME2 and will be free for CE buyers:

Hi all!

We're happy to confirm that Mass Effect 3: From Ashes DLC will be available at launch for all platforms. For those of you who have purchased the N7 Collector's Edition (including the PC Digital Deluxe Edition), you will get this content at no extra charge. We'll have a lot more details for you later this week! Stay Tuned!

of course one might point out how anyone would know if it's integral or not since the game isn't even released yet, but then again it's EA we're talking about so it could also unlock the option to reload your weapons.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 22, 2012, 07:50:20 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on February 20, 2012, 07:37:46 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on February 20, 2012, 04:42:10 AM

Take Back the Earth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Vs7kix6_8Ks

extended cut is coming Tuesday.

Sweet!  I saw the commercial last night during Walking Dead and was blown away.  At first I thought it was some new alien invasion movie coming out and I was like, oh I have to see this movie!!!

Then on a whim I went online and checked out the cast, and all my favorites look like they are still there.  Hooray!

And even better, I guess there will be male/male romance options too!  What else could I ask for? 

the extended version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eBktyyaV9LY

Because I can,
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 22, 2012, 08:38:13 PM »

i hate day 1 dlc as much as the next guy, but he doesn't understand that different groups get done with stuff before others. this game probably was content complete for months already.

dlc doesn't bug me anymore because i simply don't partake in stuff that isn't worth it. for 10 bucks i better get at least 2 hours of gameplay. in way i'd rather have dlc that's worthy be ready before i finish the game. odds are once i beat the game i'm done simply due to wanting to play another game. but it's pretty rare that dlc is worth the price.
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 23, 2012, 06:30:30 AM »

Quote from: jersoc on February 22, 2012, 08:38:13 PM

i hate day 1 dlc as much as the next guy, but he doesn't understand that different groups get done with stuff before others. this game probably was content complete for months already.

Well, ME3 went gold last week, and today they leak the DLC which is already done.  And instead of offering it for all new copies of ME3, they want to charge an extra $10 for it?  EA is one greedy piece of work...
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: February 23, 2012, 09:26:42 AM »

ME3 was probably submitted for final approval months ago. Going gold only means that it passes final testing, not that they haven't had the game feature and functionality locked for months now. You need to have a realistic view of how the industry works. Developers will spend weeks to months, if not more, just working on problems that come up during final testing.

During that time, they split off people to work on DLC. That DLC may get "done" by the time the core game passes testing and goes to fabrication, and there are likely parts of ME3 and hooks for the DLC already built into ME3 disc, but that's a far cry from having it fully ready. This is a much better option to do instead of having those people not working on anything, or laid off, after the game is complete.

And yes, there is always an element of profiteering, involved, but it's nowhere near as bad as he's making it out to be. If this Saeed character is so integral to the story, it wouldn't be DLC. Obviously the plot can move on without him. It's likely whatever the DLC is it contributes to the whole war assets or galactic readiness thing they have going on, but there's very little chance that this guy will be any more integral than say Zaeed or Kasumi were to ME2.

And sure, they could technically delay ME3 to include it, but that means another lengthy final testing phase to retest the entire game again for approval for the combined package.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:38:08 AM by Turtle » Logged
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 23, 2012, 10:17:08 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on February 23, 2012, 09:26:42 AM

And sure, they could technically delay ME3 to include it, but that means another lengthy final testing phase to retest the entire game again for approval for the combined package.

Doesn't make sense to me. If they are going to release the DLC on day one, doesn't that still require them to test the DLC with full game as combined package before the release date?

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: February 23, 2012, 10:53:16 AM »

They can test the DLC separately, and there are far, far fewer QA procedures to go through for a small piece of downloadable add-on DLC, as opposed to a giant game with many hours of gameplay permanently burned onto a disc that will be on retail shelves.

You have to remember, this DLC is one mission, and one character who probably doesn't have full dialog trees when on your ship, just like Zaeed and Kasumi.

I know who this character is from looking at the Bioware forums, and the character is very interesting, but also not that story integral in the long run. The mission and character basically revisit ME1 and ME2 facets in a very interesting way.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 23, 2012, 01:41:35 PM »

I don't understand the reasoning behind putting the DLC in the Collector's Edition.  The CE is already sold out everywhere, so there was no need to make it more attractive.  They'll probably get a few more sales of the digital deluxe version, but if they're going to use the DLC to attract more buyers, they should have included it with all new copies.  Including it with the CE seems to have accomplished little other than ticking people off.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: February 23, 2012, 09:36:23 PM »

Yep, and that's the real issue that should make people more angry, not that this DLC exists, but how they get it to people.

To be honest, it's clear the limits on the number of CE editions in retail is an indicator that they want people to buy the digital version on Origin.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 23, 2012, 09:46:37 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on February 23, 2012, 01:41:35 PM

I don't understand the reasoning behind putting the DLC in the Collector's Edition.  The CE is already sold out everywhere, so there was no need to make it more attractive.  They'll probably get a few more sales of the digital deluxe version, but if they're going to use the DLC to attract more buyers, they should have included it with all new copies.  Including it with the CE seems to have accomplished little other than ticking people off.

actually I think it was part of the CE all along.  I seem to remember the description for the CE as having something like 'additional in-game content', not 100% sure though.

in another light, this could be seen as rewarding all the people who pre-ordered the CE with a special 'thank you for spending an extra 20 bucks this should make it look a bit more worth it'  icon_wink

Because I can,
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 23, 2012, 11:45:02 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on February 22, 2012, 01:05:22 AM

I'm a bit bummed because I really wanted to play this on PC since the graphical differences from xbox to PC are huge.  However it has coop and friends are getting 360 version.

Good thing about Batman not having multiplayer is it looks better for me on PC  ninja
My saves from ME and ME2 are on my xbox, but I'd like to play ME3 on my PC (for the better graphics).  Unfortunately, the PC version doesn't have controller support, which is just weird for a high profile game like ME3.  It's not a big deal for me since I get to use my saves on the xbox, but it does seem bizarre that a game designed around controller support wouldn't have it as an option for the PC.   
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: February 24, 2012, 03:15:00 PM »

Bioware on the DLC:

As most of you know, yesterday there was a leak that revealed the upcoming DLC “ME3:From Ashes” on the
Xbox LIVE Marketplace. This leak took place before we were prepared to make an announcement about the details of that pack (slated for this Friday).

There has been a lot of discussion about the DLC offering but we wanted to clarify a few things...

- “From Ashes” includes the Prothean squad mate, an adventure on Eden Prime, a new weapon, and an alternate
appearance for every squad mate. Note that these alternate appearances are in addition to the ones already advertised in the CE.

- The Collectors Edition has been advertised from the beginning as containing a bonus character/mission, but we were not at liberty to provide the details. The Prothean is optional content that is certainly designed to appeal to long-time fans, which is why he is part of the CE offering (the version many fans would be likely to purchase).  Mass Effect 3 is a complete – and a huge game - right out of the box.

- The content in “From Ashes” was developed by a separate team (after the core game was finished) and not completed until well after the main game went into certification.

- The Collectors Edition has been sold out in most places for some time now, and is becoming very hard to find (many players prefer not to purchase the digital version). As such, we wanted to make this content available so that SE buyers could also incorporate the Prothean into their game.

We’ll be releasing someimages and video about this pack in the coming days.

As always, we are extremely thankful for all of your support. We pulled out all of the stops to make Mass Effect 3 the best game ever, and we can't wait for you all to experience it.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 26, 2012, 01:57:07 PM »

I tried the Infiltrator (Sniper Rifle) in co-op yesterday. I'm not usually partial to sniper rifle types but I enjoyed it in spite of the very limited ammo (9). The... Adept is it? The one whose special power is like a tiny black hole that sends targets floating. That so far seems to work best for my play style.

I'm not good at much in ME3 yet, aside from headshots.  icon_cool

My European bud Topper and I in the usual Breakdancing Death Positions  icon_razz, although to be fair we don't do much co-op aside from on Saturdays.

I'm eager to try this with a full squad some day, although duo-ing really puts a premium on teamwork, which is nice.

Only alarming thing is my dreaded motion sickness/ughness came up after maybe an hour and half of play.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:00:12 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: February 26, 2012, 10:19:42 PM »

I'm playing a Soldier in MP, using the weight system, I only use the lightest basic assault rifle, the Avenger. Because of this, my power cool-downs are at +140% or 2.4x faster. This means I just run around maps firing an endless stream of concussive shots.

The new weight system definitely lends itself towards min-maxing a bit, so some will have an issue with that, however it shouldn't be a problem in single-player.

Also, in the SP campaign, a lot of the extra bonus armors you got in ME2 will carry over into ME3, a nice plus for fans.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:22:48 PM by Turtle » Logged
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 26, 2012, 11:34:05 PM »

RPGWatch has a summary of a German magazine review for ME3.  Also, IGN is doing a review in progress.  The review sounds good, but unfortunately, my least favorite aspect of ME2 has returned -

-If and how many of these quests we complete influences how the game ends, and who- individually and globally- survives

While this mechanic certainly makes sense, it seems like you're almost getting punished with a lack of dramatic moments if you're a completionist.  I hope there are still bad things that can happen that you have no control over.

Also, IGN has a video showing off the new planetary exploration system that replaces planet mining.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 02:41:44 AM by EddieA » Logged

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 27, 2012, 03:53:46 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on February 26, 2012, 11:34:05 PM

Also, IGN has a video showing off the new planetary exploration system that replaces planet mining.

so, what happens when the Reapers catch you?  does the Normandy spin in a Pac-Man-like death animation? icon_lol

personally I was hoping the could find a better middle ground between the tediousness of scanning every inch of every planet and the aerodynamicized 'press A to find stuff' scanning shown.  perhaps an Assassin's Creed-like mini-game where you recruit squads and send them to find the items, gaining said items and XP to upgrade so that they can go on more dangerous missions (complete with upgrading their equipment and all that).  something like that would still be simple but not overly so, and would give a better feel of coordinating a war against the Reapers.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: February 27, 2012, 06:31:21 AM »

I liked the live action trailer they played during the Walking Dead tonight.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 27, 2012, 05:34:04 PM »

summary of a review from a German magazine MO posted over in Consoles:  http://social.bioware.com/forums/forum/Mass-Effect-3/Mass-Effect-3-General-Discussion-No-ME3-Spoilers-allowed/First-review-from-German-PC-Magazine-Gamestar-Surfaces-9459637-1.html

-15-20 hour-long main quest
-Around 40 hours playtime in total- side missions are vital to amass enough opposition to the Reaper threat
-90 minutes of cutscenes
-No loose ends or cliffhangers, the game is truly an appropriate end to the trilogy with a very intense and touching finale
-More than 100 scenes, conversations and/or events change depending on our choices after importing a save-game from ME2- from something small like someone thanking us for completing a mission to bigger repercussions which would be to spoilerous to write down- you are definitely going to feel the consequences, and not always like them
Spoiler for things you do:
-SPOILER: In order to rally allies, we search for a cure for the Genophage, build a Prothean weapon, disarm a Cerberus bomb before it destroys half of a moon, and are even inserted virtually in a computer program
-If and how many of these quests we complete influences how the game ends, and who- individually and globally- survives
-While the game can be enjoyable for newcomers as well, because the game is strong on its own mechanically and story-wise, it is recommended to play the first two entries to make more sense out of the wealth of information that the game builds on
-There's an interesting sequence after the end credits
-The „Role-Play“ mode of the game (In contrast to „Action“ and „Story“) feels very much like ME1
-The game gives you more opportunity to customize your Shepard. Each class has 8 talents with 6 levels each, and up from Level 4 there are two branches to choose from to level up each individual talent differently. Weapon customization is also a factor and noticeable, but the effects (which have both pros and cons) are only marginal
-Balancing isn't optimal
-The game is noticeably more difficult up from „Medium“, which makes using the correct weapon mods and talents integral to survive. Shepard also shoots more accurately in cover.
-The AI, on the other hand, is still not very advanced
Spoiler for places to visit:
-SPOILER: You are going to visit Krogan ruins, a Geth ship and the Turian moon Palaven, among others
-There are multiple turret sections which aren't very well directed
-Despite the shortcomings in level design, which are similar to ME2, the game is constantly thrilling, spectacular and dramatic- largely thanks to the well-presented story and dialogue- and there are lot of small and large choices again to ponder on
-Scanning isn't nearly as repetitive as before, because it works a lot quicker now and incorporates a new mini-game where you have to navigate your ship away from Reaper threat
-The new melee option is fun, but a little overpowered
-Graphically, the low polycount, lack of detail and low texture resolution disappoints- the characters are well animated and modeled however, and the overall look, despite its age, is quite moody
-Great dynamic soundtrack and sound-effects
-Our progress in the war effort is constantly trackable on a terminal on the Normandy

[edit]  reading the thread more it appears to be a PS3 review.  Bioware tweeted about high res textures a couple of days after the demo came out, but wasn't clear if it was PC or what.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 05:50:54 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: February 28, 2012, 06:01:40 AM »

Polycount is roughly the same, if not slightly higher (or at least has better polygon smoothing texture maps on it) than previous games.

He was probably just seeing issues with the early review version of the game he got.

Ugh, just one week away now. I'm already taking Tuesday off to play.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 02, 2012, 02:18:08 AM »

Reputation in Mass Effect 3: http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/01/reputation-in-mass-effect-3/

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 02, 2012, 08:39:13 PM »

potentially spoilerific launch trailer!

(clicky)

« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 08:46:46 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 02, 2012, 08:51:24 PM »

if you are pre-loading make sure to right click on the game in Origin and select 'show game details'.  there may be more stuff to download there if you got the digital deluxe edition.

[edit] NM, Origin automatically starts grabbing the extras once the main download is complete.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 09:12:39 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 02, 2012, 09:18:44 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 02, 2012, 08:39:13 PM

potentially spoilerific launch trailer!

(clicky)
Keanu Reeves peaked early.  Poor guy.  He could only go down after playing the role of Ted.  It just wasn't fair to him to have to be so high so early in his career.  He may never get that high again.       
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 03, 2012, 03:53:25 AM »

Mass Effect Tree Interactive Game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_957294&feature=iv&src_vid=vc7wAhKf4r4&v=NlglvjWES8s

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 03, 2012, 06:48:22 AM »

Penny Arcade Report's The Cut pointed out this interview about ME's audio:

The S+V Interview: Mass Effect 3 Audio Lead Rob Blake
Talking tech and technique with the man behind one of video gaming’s greatest soundscapes.
http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/article/sv-interview-mass-effect-3-audio-lead-rob-blake
Clint Mansell scored Mass Effect 3. He’s known for simultaneously beautiful and melancholy scores. He’s done a lot of work with Darron Aronofsky; he scored Requiem for a Dream, The Wrestler, and Black Swan. Was he an obvious choice to score Mass Effect 3 based on his repertoire and tone?

After we finished Mass Effect 2, (project director) Casey Hudson and myself sat down and we talked for a long period of time about what we wanted to do musically. We discussed how the third game was going to be different in some ways and what we were going to do with the musical narrative. One of the key things we wanted to do was focus on the emotional connection between the different characters. Really, because of the large-scale galactic war that’s going on all around you, sometimes that can be a little too much to take in. We wanted to focus on Shepard’s connection with the individuals and the relationships he or she has built with those people. It became important for us to make sure that was something we musically hit.

We talked about composers and people we respected and the sort of music we thought captured the emotional resonances. I’d been listening to a lot of Clint Mansell’s work at the time, I’m a big fan of his previous scores. We got talking to his people and we had a brief chat with him. He just talked about music and composition in ways that other composers we’d spoken to hadn’t; it was an interesting perspective he had on composition.  

That started the relationship with him. We got some amazing pieces from him and with him, we helped build the musical backbone to the game. It’s not just Clint Mansell we’ve been working with; we have four other composers as well who are all Mass Effect veterans: Chris Lennertz, Sascha Dikiciyan and Cris Velasco worked on the Mass Effect DLC, and Sam Hulick did the first Mass Effect. The soundtrack was pretty evenly split between everyone.

There’s a real range of content there and it was my and Casey’s job to ensure the overall musical narrative had a good flow to it and captured those emotional moments we have. We’re really happy the way the soundtrack went. Out of the three games, it’s certainly my favorite; it has some awesome stuff in it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 06:50:21 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 03, 2012, 04:31:51 PM »

And I noticed ME's on the agenda for PA's PAX East in Boston:

http://east.paxsite.com/schedule.php
BioWare and Mass Effect
Manticore Theatre
Friday 4:30pm - 5:30pm [April 6, I think]
Voted the Most Anticipated Game of 2012 at the Spike TV Video Game Awards, Mass Effect 3 is finally here! Join developers for an exciting look at the evolution of the series. Bring your burning questions about Mass Effect 3! Fans wearing Mass Effect costumes will be given special recognition during the panel. Spoiler Alert, Garrus is calibrating and cannot attend.
Panelists include: TBA
The costumes could get interesting.   Fabulous

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 04, 2012, 12:25:57 AM »

Bud Topper and I finally got our co-op act together (aka, I got less sucky at it icon_razz) and reached waves 8, 9 etc. by which point you're battling the Mech from Hell and later some purple-named bosses of weirdness, including what seems to be a dual-katana-wielding cyborg of some sort.

Some mech madness:

*You can hear the sucker from the across the map, eventually you realize he's not THAT tough but his rockets are near fatal...

...like so. This did hit me, didn't quite finish me off.

Needless to say, this cover didn't help much. The mech is surprisingly spry, was following me into very cramped rooms without trouble.

"Mech may be closer than it appears in your mirror."  icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 04, 2012, 12:27:34 AM »

And my Adept is enjoying Shockwave. Seems most useful on the tough shield-users (often makes them raise or drop shields), and think it helped me finish off the giant mech in a later game.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: March 04, 2012, 01:09:11 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on February 26, 2012, 11:34:05 PM

RPGWatch has a summary of a German magazine review for ME3.  Also, IGN is doing a review in progress.  The review sounds good, but unfortunately, my least favorite aspect of ME2 has returned -

While this mechanic certainly makes sense, it seems like you're almost getting punished with a lack of dramatic moments if you're a completionist.  I hope there are still bad things that can happen that you have no control over.

So I've not finished the game yet (about 1/3 of the way I think) but there are a LOT more decisions to be made and they aren't always obvious.  "You stay here and guard" could be the last time you see somebody, and there are sometimes no-win situations presented that seem like they could come back to bite you in the ass.   Hard to predict, and I'm not IGN so I'm not allowed to stream my entire damned review ahead of time (No, you can't punch Chobot, but you can tell her to fuck off, which I gladly and happily did) but suffice it to say the game is amazing.  I've not had any moments that felt 'tedious' or 'dull' like the planet scanning stuff from 2 or the vehicle sections (arguably).   Time will tell as I move towards Tuesday.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 04, 2012, 02:01:20 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on March 04, 2012, 01:09:11 AM

(No, you can't punch Chobot, but you can tell her to fuck off, which I gladly and happily did)

Urge to play...rising....

-Autistic Angel
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 04, 2012, 08:09:36 AM »

When Mass Effect 3 launches on March 6 (9 in EU), Battlefield 3 players who’ve activated their BF3 online pass will automatically have access to an exclusive human soldier kit, inspired by Battlefield 3’s awesome aesthetic. The kit will automatically be granted when you sign into the Mass Effect multiplayer using the same Origin account linked to your BF3 Online Pass.

ninja2

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: