http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 03:38:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 - Impressions Incoming! Leviathan DLC released!  (Read 25869 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 21, 2011, 02:59:42 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on October 13, 2011, 06:15:36 AM

Eh, they'll make up for sub fees by selling lots of crappy DLC, interspersed with awesome add-on story missions every other pack.
I'm so glad Bioware has not turned its fans cynical.  smirk

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: October 22, 2011, 04:28:36 AM »

Heheh. To be honest, it's only partly cynical. The DLC for ME2 swung wildly from stupidly pointless skin or armor pack that should have been part of the base game as a reward for playing and as loot (because there wasn't enough to begin with), to completely awesome new missions that would outdo any of the missions in the base game. You could tell they were taking their time with the DLC story mission and really crafting them to impress.

It's only made me happier to hear that all the ME2 DLC was a testbed for how they want to do the ME3 missions.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 28, 2011, 03:52:46 AM »

for those interested there is a look at co-op here.  I can't comment on spoilers since I haven't looked beyond to see it was about co-op.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 02, 2011, 02:43:31 PM »

ME 3 will be the 'Super Bowl', while ME 1 & 2 were regular season.

so, MP will be bush league?

* CeeKay ducks

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 06, 2011, 09:33:49 AM »

So, you can now play the game in "Action" mode, where that pesky rpg part is removed and the game takes care of that, leaving you to play COD in space.

Action Mode: For those who want to emphasize action and combat and minimize story management. Action mode will set automatic replies in conversation and a normal difficulty.

Story Mode: For those who want to emphasize story immersion and minimize combat pressure. Story mode will set manually-selectable replies in conversation and a minimal combat difficulty.

RPG Mode: For those who want to explore both realms of story and combat. RPG mode will set manually-selectable replies in conversation and a normal combat difficulty.”

This was spotted since a few players by mistake got invited into a preview program.

I'll leave it to you guys to decide what that means for one of the biggest rpg series currently out there and its future.

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: November 06, 2011, 09:56:43 AM »

It's an interesting concept, and I'm kind of surprised nobody has done it before (that I can think of). For a game that is already such a hybrid between action and RPG, being able to separate those two genres at will is a nice addition.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 06, 2011, 10:04:48 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 06, 2011, 09:33:49 AM

So, you can now play the game in "Action" mode, where that pesky rpg part is removed and the game takes care of that, leaving you to play COD in space.

Action Mode: For those who want to emphasize action and combat and minimize story management. Action mode will set automatic replies in conversation and a normal difficulty.

Story Mode: For those who want to emphasize story immersion and minimize combat pressure. Story mode will set manually-selectable replies in conversation and a minimal combat difficulty.

RPG Mode: For those who want to explore both realms of story and combat. RPG mode will set manually-selectable replies in conversation and a normal combat difficulty.”

This was spotted since a few players by mistake got invited into a preview program.

I'll leave it to you guys to decide what that means for one of the biggest rpg series currently out there and its future.

Other than the auto-select dialogue in action mode, there's nothing here that wasn't an option in both ME1 and 2 (or KOTOR even).  You've always been able to set combat difficulty and level-up automatically, and these are just those options grouped together.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Appollo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 06, 2011, 11:25:08 AM »

I'll be on RPG mode so it is all good, just trying to cater to every crowd it seems
lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 06, 2011, 01:21:40 PM »

Yeah, not really a big deal for me.

From the leaked screen shot of the option menu, it just looks like they added an option to automate dialog choice, and the 'action', 'story' and 'RPG' monikers are just pre-set settings for the dialog and combat options.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 07, 2011, 08:23:39 PM »

first 14 minutes of gameplay from the leaked beta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjvCeKcVMR4

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: December 01, 2011, 07:06:08 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Or0fly8vA0

New video showing off some new moves, good for those who like playing the Vanguard class. There's a new high accuracy shotgun for them, also a now move that blows through their shields, but has a massive AoE centered around them.

The engineer class can throw out a fixed auto-turret, allowing him to use that to flank enemies that are in cover.

Some nice new enemies as well.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 09, 2011, 03:09:48 PM »

an aerodynamicized Shepard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=irAlbhcNPvE

[edit]  OK, it looks like it's the same video Turtle posted.  apparently they posted it twice under different names and accounts.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 03:13:26 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: December 10, 2011, 03:53:52 AM »

If you're posting the latest video, then it's not the same video. The one you showed should be showing some animation and traversal improvements, whereas the video I posted was mainly new or changed combat powers.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 04, 2012, 07:28:50 PM »

pre-order bonus info is starting to pop up:

http://www.masseffect.com/me3/game/

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 11, 2012, 01:20:13 AM »

new interview: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/01/10/mass1525-effect-3-cas5ey-fdsafdhudson-interviewae.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 13, 2012, 12:35:21 AM »

writing for Mass Effect 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n_hA_IsqGY

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: January 15, 2012, 03:22:15 AM »

"A new reputation system rewards those players who'd rather not conform solely to Paragon or Renegade Shepard. Now playing it straight - sympathising with some people and snapping at others - will also grant you some unique dialogue options. Importing old saves will mean you start with extra reputation as well..."

Yay!
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: January 15, 2012, 04:32:39 AM »

well, they officially declared what everyone knew months ago:  No Steam version, Origin required on PC

can't say I am shocked by this news.  is anyone here surprised given the recent EA/Steam tiff?

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 15, 2012, 04:36:32 AM »

Beat me to it Caine!

I'm fine with Origin, I just add a launcher in Steam for any of my Origin games.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: January 15, 2012, 09:36:34 AM »

Quote from: Caine on January 15, 2012, 04:32:39 AM

well, they officially declared what everyone knew months ago:  No Steam version, Origin required on PC

can't say I am shocked by this news.  is anyone here surprised given the recent EA/Steam tiff?

Goddammit! Way to show us how the customer is the most important part of business, right? I don't want to get anywhere near Origin. This seriously makes me want to pirate the game, and I never do that kind of thing any more.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: January 15, 2012, 04:11:47 PM »

People said the exact same thing when Half-Life 2 came out requiring Steam.

And look where you are now.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: January 15, 2012, 05:01:09 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on January 15, 2012, 04:11:47 PM

People said the exact same thing when Half-Life 2 came out requiring Steam.

Well I certainly didn't. I loved Steam from day one. The only thing Origin does is fuck with my ability to keep my gaming library in one central location, instead forcing me to fragment it to wherever the publisher feels I should go.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 15, 2012, 11:03:51 PM »

new preview:  http://www.hookedgamers.com/pc/mass_effect_3/preview/article-983.html

In Mass Effect 3, this development will unfortunately go one step forward. This time, the less intelligent players will be treated with an Action Mode, where all the decision-making in the dialogue scenes is made automatically and the gamer will only have to worry about fighting. Fortunately, two other modes will also exist: Story Mode and RPG Mode, both of which still let the player choose how they respond in discussions. The former also makes the fights easier for those who only want to experience the story, while the latter will cater to those who want a challenge as well as a deeper RPG experience. However, I must express worry that there even exists a mode where the game makes all the dialogue choices for the player. If all the choices can be automated, does this not infer that the dialogue options are essentially superficial and the decisions that the gamers make have no real meaning to the story?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Because I can,
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 15, 2012, 11:08:40 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 15, 2012, 11:03:51 PM

new preview:  http://www.hookedgamers.com/pc/mass_effect_3/preview/article-983.html

If all the choices can be automated, does this not infer that the dialogue options are essentially superficial and the decisions that the gamers make have no real meaning to the story?

This guy clearly doesn't understand how Mass Effect games work.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 15, 2012, 11:38:39 PM »

I worry about them trying to do too much. This, the unnecessary multi-player, etc...
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 16, 2012, 12:34:33 PM »

No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
http://www.bluesnews.com/s/129141/no-mass-effect-3-on-steam-requires-origin
3) Is Origin required for the retail versions of the game?
Origin is required for the PC versions of Mass Effect 3, both physical and digital.

4) Will ME3 be available on Steam?
During initial release Mass Effect 3 will be available on Origin and a number of other 3rd party digital retailers, but not on Steam at this time. Steam has adopted a set of restrictive terms of service which limit how developers interact with customers to deliver patches and other downloadable content.

We are intent on providing Mass Effect to players with the best possible experience no matter where they purchase or play their game, and are happy to partner with any download service that does not restrict our ability to connect directly with our consumers.
That should go over well.  Roll Eyes Though I guess it was a given that Origin was going to become required at some point for nearly all of EA's new stuff.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 12:36:14 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: January 16, 2012, 05:05:11 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on January 16, 2012, 12:34:33 PM

Origin is required for the PC versions of Mass Effect 3, both physical and digital.

During initial release Mass Effect 3 will be available on Origin and a number of other 3rd party digital retailers, but not on Steam at this time. Steam has adopted a set of restrictive terms of service which limit how developers interact with customers to deliver patches and other downloadable content.

We are intent on providing Mass Effect to players with the best possible experience no matter where they purchase or play their game, and are happy to partner with any download service that does not restrict our ability to connect directly with our consumers.
That should go over well.  Roll Eyes Though I guess it was a given that Origin was going to become required at some point for nearly all of EA's new stuff.

psst

and yes, it's gone over exactly as you expected.  much gnashing of teeth were had.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 07:12:38 PM by Caine » Logged

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 16, 2012, 07:02:46 PM »

Quote from: Caine on January 16, 2012, 05:05:11 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on January 16, 2012, 12:34:33 PM

psst

and yes, it's gone over exactly as you expected.  much gnashing of teeth were had.

Link no worky. Does it require an Origin?

I'll be buying this on the 360 initially but will probably eventually break and buy this when its cheap on the PC. Wonder if they'll require the demo to be downloaded via Origin?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 16, 2012, 07:04:20 PM »

so, did they say if this requires Origin yet?

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: January 16, 2012, 07:13:35 PM »

fixed the link. 

but yes,

shortbus version:  look up. 

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 18, 2012, 07:23:11 AM »

The demo is coming to XBox Live on February 14.  No word on whether the PC and PS3 versions will be available that day, but I would assume so.  Also, Bioware revealed that planet scanning won't be a part of ME3, but it will be replaced by some sort of rescue missions where you acquire minerals.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 18, 2012, 07:59:33 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 18, 2012, 07:40:01 PM

Quote from: EddieA on January 18, 2012, 07:23:11 AM

The demo is coming to XBox Live on February 14.  No word on whether the PC and PS3 versions will be available that day, but I would assume so.  Also, Bioware revealed that planet scanning won't be a part of ME3, but it will be replaced by some sort of rescue missions where you acquire minerals.

I just asked the fiancee if she wanted to do anything special on Valentines Day, and she said no, so IN.

Dude, you are going to be in the doghouse if you believe her. 

First rule of marriage....  when they say something, they don't mean it.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: January 18, 2012, 08:45:48 PM »

Quote from: naednek on January 18, 2012, 07:59:33 PM

I just asked the fiancee if she wanted to do anything special on Valentines Day, and she said no, so IN.

Dude, you are going to be in the doghouse if you believe her. 

First rule of marriage....  when they say something, they don't mean it.

Yup. Examples include "could you wash the dishes dear?" and "please take out the trash.". You're best off doing the opposite of all such requests.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 18, 2012, 10:14:32 PM »

What could be more special than playing the ME3 demo?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 19, 2012, 12:09:26 AM »

maybe I can buy her one of these as a Valentine's Day present to make up for it biggrin

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 19, 2012, 02:01:11 AM »

more on the demo: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/324/index/9006820/1

What are the system requirements for the PC version of the demo?

Minimum Spec:

OS - Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1, Win 7
*Supported chipsets: NVIDIA 7900 or better; ATI X1800 or better.  Please note that NVIDIA GeForce 9300, 8500, 8400, and 8300 are below minimum system requirements, as are AMD/ATI Radeon HD3200, HD3300, and HD4350.   Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.

CPU - 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (equivalent AMD CPU)

RAM - 1GB for XP / 2GB RAM for Vista/Win 7

Disc Drive - 1x speed

Hard Drive - 15 GB of free space

Video - 256 MB* (with Pixel Shader 3.0 support)

Sound - DirectX 9.0c compatible

DirectX - DirectX 9.0c August 2009 (included)

Recommended Spec:

OS - Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1, Win 7

CPU - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (equivalent AMD CPU)

RAM - 2GB for XP / 4GB RAM for Vista/Win 7

Disc Drive - 1x speed

Hard Drive - 15 GB of free space

Video - AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB or greater, NVidia GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB or greater

Sound - DirectX 9.0c compatible

What content will be included in the Mass Effect 3 demo?

There are two sections in the Mass Effect 3 demo, both included as part of a single download: The single player section includes 2 areas: the opening level featuring the Reaper attack on Earth, and a level further into the game where Shepard travels to an alien home world to seek their assistance in the war effort. This will be approximately 1 to 2 hours of content.The co-op multiplayer section includes 2 maps: Slum and Noveria.  This section will be open to players who have qualified for the early multiplayer access as of Feb 14, and will then open up to all players on Feb 17.

How do I qualify to play the co-op multiplayer section before Feb 17?

The early access program for the demo’s multiplayer section begins on Feb 14, 2012To gain access to multiplayer in the demo any time between Feb 14 and when it opens up for everyone on Feb 17, a player must have met one of the following criteria:
Own Battlefield 3 and have activated BF3’s Online Pass. Logging into the demo using the EA Origin Account linked to that Online Pass will automatically unlock the multiplayer section of the demo.  Note that you do not have to enter a code anywhere – if you have activated your BF3 online pass, the multiplayer section of the demo will be unlocked for you when the demo goes live.Participate in an early access program that will be announced on Feb 7, 2012 – watch this site for more details.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 19, 2012, 04:03:14 PM »

15G demo. I take it I won't be able to get this on floppy disks?  smirk

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 19, 2012, 04:12:36 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on January 19, 2012, 04:03:14 PM

15G demo. I take it I won't be able to get this on floppy disks?  smirk

I'm hoping that's specs for the full game, because I don't know if I can be bothered to grab a 15 gig demo.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 21, 2012, 08:51:13 AM »

Game Trailers TV episode about the game: http://blog.bioware.com/2012/01/20/mass-effect-3-on-game-trailers-tv-gttv/

[edit] damn, watched the very beginning and I have to say Vega's animation looks as wooden as Prinze's acting.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 09:08:14 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 24, 2012, 03:31:00 AM »

here's some action figures that also include DLC codes (the ones that are on pre-sale) :

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect-accessories

These products contain codes that can be redeemed for a downloadable content pack for Mass Effect 3 multi-player. They are slightly randomized during the registration and could include powerful new weapons and new characters. The pack could also include character boosters, weapon modifications, and weapon upgrades to make your multi-player squad stronger. (Only supported on XBox360 and PC.)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 03:33:00 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: