http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 10:23:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 12061 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 18, 2012, 12:09:09 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on March 18, 2012, 05:47:37 AM

Why must the a button perform so many functions? I try to revive someone... I take cover. I try to revive again, dodge. Oiy...

ha,same here,but for me its when i try and run past obstacles and just end up taking cover behind them instead..ANNOYING!!

I know i have a lot of hate in the ME3 Ending thread in PC Gaming,but i did like the game(up until then end of course),it took me 37 hrs to do everything in the game and that included talking to everyone inbetween missions on the Normandy and on the Citadel(some good stuff there as well)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 18, 2012, 02:09:09 PM »

Also rather frustrating buying spectre packs over and over and getting the same characters. If you needed 8 krogan warriors to beat the game id be king.

Other than that I am playing the heck out of multiplayer. Four lvl 20 classes now... I can't break away to continue the single player! Ha

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 19, 2012, 10:57:06 AM »

Finished ME3 and I wasn't impressed with the ending and quite honestly felt like the game was on rails for some reason.  Definitely a weak ending for the series and WTF was that ending about  eek

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 19, 2012, 03:55:20 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on March 19, 2012, 10:57:06 AM

Finished ME3 and I wasn't impressed with the ending and quite honestly felt like the game was on rails for some reason.  Definitely a weak ending for the series and WTF was that ending about  eek
I've heard that so many times now that I'm just trying to drag out the game for as long as I can before I reach what I'm assuming will be the last point of no return in the storyline.  I've really enjoyed the combat and characters so far, so I'm trying to milk that experience for as long as I can.  By this point though I've imagined a lot of dissapointing and bizarre ending possibilities to help manage my expectations, so maybe I'll be well prepapred.  I don't want to list any of the speculations without spoiler tags in the off chance that they might actually be correct, or somewhat correct.

Here are the possible endings that I'm mentally preparing myself for:
Spoiler for Hiden:
- Everyone dies and goes down in a blaze of glory
- Shepard dies but is able to prevent the reaper master plan
- The crucible will turn Shepard into a new reaper
- The crucible will destroy pretty much everything, while preserving some info for the next "re-seeding" of the universe
- There's a bigger threat in the universe than the reapers, and they were designed to guard against it
- The reapers are like white blood cells, and organic life is the infection in this "universe"
- The Illusive Man is the only person who has any clue as to what is actually happening
- Humanity "ascends" to become the next reapers, or guardians of the universe
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: March 20, 2012, 02:22:01 PM »

Oh man. You're in for real disappointment.

Thankfully, you'll be playing one of the best games of the generation until that point.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 20, 2012, 02:33:43 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on March 20, 2012, 02:22:01 PM

Thankfully, you'll be playing one of the best games of the generation until that point.
Wow...the ending is worse than anything I speculated?  No wonder people are upset.  I'll just have to experience it firsthand and then report to the spoilers thread.  I think I'm just past the halfway point, so I will continue to enjoy the experience, and then go into the ending expecting a WTF moment.   
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: March 20, 2012, 02:41:27 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on March 20, 2012, 02:33:43 PM

Quote from: Turtle on March 20, 2012, 02:22:01 PM

Wow...the ending is worse than anything I speculated?  No wonder people are upset.  I'll just have to experience it firsthand and then report to the spoilers thread.  I think I'm just past the halfway point, so I will continue to enjoy the experience, and then go into the ending expecting a WTF moment.   

Have you read any classic sci-fi, like say, anything by Arthur C. Clarke? If you're familiar with the kind of stuff that happens in those stories you might not have any issues with the ME3 ending, but if you're a a sci-fi virgin (Star Wars doesn't count) the end may feel a bit... random.

I liked it, but I can see why others wouldn't.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 21, 2012, 03:31:26 AM »

Well, I am at the point where it's time to go to Earth. My readiness was down in the 3000s somewhere, which I know isn't enough to get the "best" ending. I am pretty sure I did every side quest, and I think I scanned everything although some sectors didn't seem to have anything to find. Not sure if that's a bug, they really don't have anything, or I am doing something wrong. I went ahead and activated the free 2 days of Gold, so I can play the multiplayer to get the "best" ending. I do think the multiplayer is fun, but it's just STUPID to force you to play it to get the best ending in a single player game - and then lie about it and claim you can get the best ending without it. I got to about 80% readiness tonight, which should be enough for the best ending, but I'll probably go ahead and get it all the way up to 100% with my last day of Gold tomorrow night.

Speaking of "bug"s, I had quite a lot of them in the 2nd half of the game. A lot of scripted events would not trigger which required me to revert to an earlier save. Generally, it didn't require too much replay so it wasn't too annoying. I also had certain sectors flashing at me, even though there wasn't any quest to complete in them. This coupled with my earlier complaints about the game all point to a game not quite ready. EA seems to be ruining yet another developer after their assimilation. Pretty sad.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 21, 2012, 04:33:51 AM »

make sure when you are ready to go,and you have your Galaxy readiness at whatever,make sure you hurry it up,because the galaxy readiness goes down the more you don't play the multiplayer

actually i was under the impression it only counted before you ..
Spoiler for Hiden:
hit TIMs base
,by the time you were ready to go to earth it was too late,but i may be wrong

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 21, 2012, 11:19:29 AM »

If you are correct, I will be livid!

Edit: Consider me livid. I guess I am glad to know now. I'll have to replay the previous mission.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 11:23:10 AM by JCC » Logged

-John

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: March 21, 2012, 11:38:10 AM »

Quote from: JCC on March 21, 2012, 03:31:26 AM

Well, I am at the point where it's time to go to Earth. My readiness was down in the 3000s somewhere, which I know isn't enough to get the "best" ending. I am pretty sure I did every side quest, and I think I scanned everything although some sectors didn't seem to have anything to find. Not sure if that's a bug, they really don't have anything, or I am doing something wrong. I went ahead and activated the free 2 days of Gold, so I can play the multiplayer to get the "best" ending. I do think the multiplayer is fun, but it's just STUPID to force you to play it to get the best ending in a single player game - and then lie about it and claim you can get the best ending without it. I got to about 80% readiness tonight, which should be enough for the best ending, but I'll probably go ahead and get it all the way up to 100% with my last day of Gold tomorrow night.

This is so damn bush-league, especially to those of use with absolutely zero interest in multiplayer.   Infuriates me every time I read about it.  icon_evil

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #331 on: March 21, 2012, 11:53:57 AM »

This is the second game in a row that Bioware has managed to mess up mostly because of economic decisions. The core game is still great, but it is diminished compared to the previous ones. Where are the more complex decisions we could make before? Why is every one of them now reduced to a choice between Paragon and Renegade and nothing else? Why is everything so formulaic? Why do I have to either play multiplayer or buy into Bioware's additional platforms (iOS, for example) just to get access to the best endings, and grind dull, meaningless content as punishment for not playing MP? Why do I have to have an EA account to play unless I want to avoid DLC altogether? Why must one of the most dramatically surprising NPCs in the series be kept away from me unless I buy day 1 DLC? Why do I need to read the novels and graphic novels, play ME2's DLC and follow the marketing to know who some of these NPCs are and what all these situations I come upon are all about?

I swear, if Bioware hadn't stuck closely to the core formula that worked with ME2 (unlike what they did with the transition from Dragon Age: Origins to Dragon Age 2), I'm sure the core gameplay would have sucked too. I enjoyed the majority of the game, but it felt like it was all too carefully laid out according to the wishes of a committee, and the amount of truly interesting choices in the entire game could be counted on one hand with fingers left over. For most of the game the choices were either "show empathy by clicking the dialogue option in the upper right corner" or "be an asshole by clicking the dialogue option in the lower right corner". Other choices would just add more dialogue before you were returned to the same choice. There wasn't even any need to read the text as I knew what the choices were about before they even showed up. I might as well have enabled the option that had the game pick dialogue for me for all the impact my own decisions had.

Speaking of choices, I also got the distinct impression that as long as I was reasonably consistent in my choices I would never get punished. There was always something that would balance your choices out. Did you decide to protect a civilian fleet instead of focusing on a military operation? Okay, the civilian fleet will be stronger and the military fleet will be weaker. Did you decide to focus on the military operation instead? Okay, the military fleet is stronger and the civilian fleet is weaker. The overall numbers are exactly the same. Did you protect the Destiny's Ascension in the first game? Okay, it'll be there to help you out but humanity's fleet is reduced. Did you let Destiny's Ascension burn? It won't be there to help you, but humanity's fleets are stronger. Same numbers.

Where's the impact? Am I playing the game, or is the game playing me?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 21, 2012, 01:30:19 PM »

Quote from: JCC on March 21, 2012, 11:19:29 AM

If you are correct, I will be livid!

Edit: Consider me livid. I guess I am glad to know now. I'll have to replay the previous mission.

is it right then that you have to have the readiness before TIMs base?....i was only half guessing because after the game it puts you right at that point (in the system actually)where TIMs base is,ready to storm it

I know a lot of people were pissed off that there was
Spoiler for Hiden:
no end of game boss,so to speak

but TBH,i was getting fed up of how the game had changed anyway and the 'end of mission' bosses,

Spoiler for Hiden:
to name a few,The Reapers(surrounded by Brutes) on Tuchanka where you had to hit those two switches,that bitch of a Reaper on Rannoch(fire and roll),and the numerous encounters with Kai Leng,especially in TIMs base

even though i did actually enjoy the game,i hated this,it seemed even further away from the original game...nearly as bad as putting end of mission screens in Mass Effect 2 Tongue

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 21, 2012, 02:05:58 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on March 21, 2012, 11:38:10 AM

Quote from: JCC on March 21, 2012, 03:31:26 AM

This is so damn bush-league, especially to those of use with absolutely zero interest in multiplayer.   Infuriates me every time I read about it.  icon_evil

Guys, you don't have to play the multiplayer.  Everything I have read about this says there are more than plenty of points to accrue doing side missions and scanning and such to counteract the 50% readiness you would have by not doing multiplayer.  Most people that play RPGs are super anal about doing every piece of side content and so should be easy to accomplish.  So, quit getting angry and go play all the single player content.  You'll get the best ending.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 02:07:31 PM by The Grue » Logged

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: March 21, 2012, 02:10:20 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on March 21, 2012, 02:05:58 PM

Guys, you don't have to play the multiplayer.  Everything I have read about this says there are more than plenty of points to accrue doing side missions and scanning and such to counteract the 50% readiness you would have by not doing multiplayer.  Most people that play RPGs are super anal about doing every piece of side content and so should be easy to accomplish.  So, quit getting angry and go play all the single player content.  You'll get the best ending.

That's what Bioware said, but it's wrong. I did every single mission available to me and got alliances with every single race in the game, yet my final score was 3500. That's 1500 below what is needed for the best ending. The "progress bar" in the game implies that the maximum is 3000, but it lies.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 02:12:23 PM by TiLT » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 21, 2012, 02:28:06 PM »

yeah i have the guide and even with every side mission,and planets where there is random crap on there for your galactic readiness is not enough for the 4000 you need for the best ending(which admittedly is a 5 second scene stapled on to the original ending),you come out as TiLT says at about 3500,maybe a tad more because i played 1 online game to make it 53% and had 3773 Galactic Readiness(unless i got that 273 galactic readiness from the one game)...and we all died on level 10 in the MP game

I look at it two ways 1)its a cheeky way for Bioware to keep players coming back now and then to multiplayer,because the Galactic Readiness goes back down when you don't play it

2)if there is pre-end DLC,then perhaps that will make up for the missing readiness you need..if its post end DLC,then you will still be in the same position

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: March 21, 2012, 02:31:37 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 21, 2012, 02:28:06 PM

yeah i have the guide and even with every side mission,and planets where there is random crap on there for your galactic readiness is not enough for the 4000 you need for the best ending

There's another ending tier unlocked at 5000 supposedly, which is the one I referred to with my math above. That means there are two whole tiers of endings locked away even from people who grind every bit of single player content.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 21, 2012, 03:17:36 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on March 21, 2012, 02:31:37 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 21, 2012, 02:28:06 PM

yeah i have the guide and even with every side mission,and planets where there is random crap on there for your galactic readiness is not enough for the 4000 you need for the best ending

There's another ending tier unlocked at 5000 supposedly, which is the one I referred to with my math above. That means there are two whole tiers of endings locked away even from people who grind every bit of single player content.

yeah it mentioned that in the guide,only it says
Spoiler for Hiden:
for those who did not 'save' Anderson

these are the last two entries in the guide,for if the collectors base was destroyed in ME2(or didn't import a save)

At a 4000 Readiness Rating,if you chose to destroy the Reapers and "Saved" Anderson,Shepard lives.

At a 5000 Readiness Rating,if you chose to destroy the Reapers and did not "Save" Anderson,Shepard lives.

(actually its listed the same for if you did save the collectors base in ME2)

I "saved" Anderson...so not really sure i want to not "save" him,LOL

it just means if you let Anderson be killed by TIM,then you will need 5000 readiness to see the 4000 readiness/saving Anderson ending.,which basically means you will need another 1000 readiness as punishment for letting Anderson be killed,however there is piss all you can do about your galactic readiness at that point if you did not know this disgust

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 21, 2012, 03:22:22 PM »

Your other option is to play the free iOS data pad app.  I've been doing that and for minimal interaction, you can get a good 4-5% readiness increase per 5 hours.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: March 21, 2012, 05:21:06 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on March 21, 2012, 03:22:22 PM

Your other option is to play the free iOS data pad app.  I've been doing that and for minimal interaction, you can get a good 4-5% readiness increase per 5 hours.

I would do that IF I had an iPhone or iPad and IF I was at all interested in mobile games and IF that method wasn't still a cheap way for Bioware to earn even more money from me. Thanks, but no thanks. I bought Mass Effect 3 to play Mass Effect 3. Why should that be so complicated?
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 21, 2012, 05:41:47 PM »

Finished. Wow. Just wow. That is one disappointing ending.

-John

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 21, 2012, 07:22:04 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on March 21, 2012, 05:21:06 PM

I would do that IF I had an iPhone or iPad and IF I was at all interested in mobile games and IF that method wasn't still a cheap way for Bioware to earn even more money from me. Thanks, but no thanks. I bought Mass Effect 3 to play Mass Effect 3. Why should that be so complicated?

It's a free app (assuming you have an iOS device), so how are they earning more money from you?  I do agree with the sentiment of why should you have to bother, but my point is that you have other avenues open to you that don't involve multiplayer.  You can complain about them and/or take advantage of them.

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 21, 2012, 07:48:19 PM »

So according to some site called gamingtrend (http://gamingtrend.com/2012/03/21/bioware-responds-to-mass-effect-3-ending-criticisms/)

They are reporting that they are possibly release content that changes the ending....

I'm not sure that I like that.  I haven't finished the game, so I don't know what is going to happen, but there's plenty of games out there that has horrible endings, and not once I thought they should rewrite the game.  So what that you don't agree, it's the artist/creator view on the game, they have the final say, we're just along for the ride.

Well at least one good thing that came about this is that someone started a petition to have it changed and was able to raise $75,000 for the charity child's play.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 21, 2012, 08:00:22 PM »

I do see your point 'Nek,i think its similar to what was scaring Ken Levine,if you can change the ending of one game what's stopping you changing the endings of other games that you don't like the ending to

Devs can avoid this by giving us good endings Tongue

all this has not been good PR for Bioware,so i doubt any other devs are wanting to ever be in the same situation

and also i think this instance with the Mass Effect games is a unique one,especially as it has lasted for 3 games,for example if Bioshock Infinite had a shit ending i don't think there would be the public outcry like the ME3 end,it doesn't really change Bioshock 1 and 2

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 21, 2012, 08:09:12 PM »

Changing the ending isn't unprecedented- Fallout 3 did it with DLC.

However, while I think ME3's ending is awful, changing it wouldn't make any difference to me at this point. It's not really what actually happens that bothers me, just that the Final Hours app made it abundantly clear that Bioware doesn't even understand it's own ending and just threw random crap at the wall in an effort to create an ending that would fuel speculation.  If there was any indication that this ending was the plan all along instead of something they threw together at the 11th hour I would be more supportive even if I don't personally care for it. 
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 21, 2012, 08:40:21 PM »

Agreed. I can't "unsee" the original ending just because you provide a new one. The ending is the ending. (And it sucks.)

-John

tcweidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: March 22, 2012, 02:16:40 AM »

Happened to Seinfeld too, one of my most favorite shows all time, but the ending was horrid, awful, couldnt be worse if you tried.

Project Reindeer Games- Exclusive Family Friendly PC Games to Give, Play, and Share for Free.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 22, 2012, 02:36:39 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 21, 2012, 08:00:22 PM

Devs can avoid this by giving us good endings Tongue

What if I think the ending is good, though?  How do they make an ending to please every human on this planet (and others!).  They can't.  The ending is the ending and it shouldn't be changed.

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 22, 2012, 02:37:25 AM »

Quote from: tcweidner on March 22, 2012, 02:16:40 AM

Happened to Seinfeld too, one of my most favorite shows all time, but the ending was horrid, awful, couldnt be worse if you tried.

I thought the Seinfeld ending was fine.  Who is right?  We both are.  However, you're not asking them to go back and change it because you are a rational person.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: March 22, 2012, 05:24:47 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on March 21, 2012, 07:22:04 PM

Quote from: TiLT on March 21, 2012, 05:21:06 PM

Your other option is to play the free iOS data pad app.  I've been doing that and for minimal interaction, you can get a good 4-5% readiness increase per 5 hours.
It's a free app (assuming you have an iOS device), so how are they earning more money from you?  I do agree with the sentiment of why should you have to bother, but my point is that you have other avenues open to you that don't involve multiplayer.  You can complain about them and/or take advantage of them.

Because Bioware flat-out lied about 'being able to see all endings just doing single-player', perhaps? And years in the future, once EA has shut down their servers and such, it will be completely impossible to see the 'best' 'ending' period without visiting Youtube.

Frankly, requiring either multiplayer or external programs (free or not) really was a dick move on their part, especially when they lied to us all when they said you didn't need anything else.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 22, 2012, 05:32:13 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on March 22, 2012, 05:24:47 AM

Because Bioware flat-out lied about 'being able to see all endings just doing single-player', perhaps? And years in the future, once EA has shut down their servers and such, it will be completely impossible to see the 'best' 'ending' period without visiting Youtube.

unless you're on the PC and grab the save game editor and give Diana Allers a war asset rating of 12K biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: March 22, 2012, 06:18:22 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 22, 2012, 05:32:13 AM

unless you're on the PC and grab the save game editor and give Diana Allers a war asset rating of 12K biggrin

I dunno how much difference that would make. I mean, most GTers would probably have the same rating before and after meeting her. slywink
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 23, 2012, 01:02:07 AM »

Just heard on Giant Bombcast that it is apparently possible to hit 5000 effective points only playing single player, but only if certain choices were made in the previous games.  Not sure where they heard it or if it is true, but thought I'd pass it along.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: March 23, 2012, 01:46:58 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on March 23, 2012, 01:02:07 AM

Just heard on Giant Bombcast that it is apparently possible to hit 5000 effective points only playing single player, but only if certain choices were made in the previous games.  Not sure where they heard it or if it is true, but thought I'd pass it along.

*coughbullshitcough*

I did a complete Paragon run and there's absolutely no way that any alternate choices could've raised my 'war score' any higher than what I did.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 23, 2012, 01:57:29 AM »

Yeah, I can't imagine what you would have had to do...
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 23, 2012, 05:28:21 AM »

I heard the only way to get 5000 is to not sleep with any of the characters. So it's basically impossible.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: March 23, 2012, 10:07:09 AM »

Certain Renegade choices drastically raise your military strength.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 24, 2012, 05:27:23 AM »

Cripes, apparently even talking to Shepard in ME2 is bad for your health.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 24, 2012, 03:50:57 PM »

Finished last night, then watched the two other endings on YouTube.   I thought one of the endings was good, one was OK, and one was poor.  Some thoughts below:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I liked the green ending.  I thought it resolved the major moral dilemma of the series in an interesting, satisfactory way.  Happy techno-organic Singularity certainly wasn't something I was expecting, but I liked it.  It contrasts nicely with the "we're just trying to help, now get in the blender" Singularity the Reapers were constantly yapping about.   Glowy-exposition-ghost-kid was sort of ridiculous, but didn't ruin the experience for me.

Red ending was OK.  Sillier than the green ending. It seemed like the bit where ghost-kid told states ALL synthetic life gets killed, even your allies, was just thrown in there to make it a less than optimum choice.  Ghost-kid also goes out of its way to tell me this isn't a great long term solution, because those crazy synthetics will undoubtedly be back one day! Well, now we have (edit-or know how to make) a kill-all-the-robots ray, don't we?  Why wouldn't we just fire it off again?  I guess it sort of makes sense, if ghost-kid is a synthetic, unreliable narrator, trying to push his own agenda, but still meh.  Not a horrible ending, but not terribly logical and didn't have that awesome, visceral feel that most renegade/red choices have in the game.

And finally, I thought the blue ending was poor.  Enslaving the Reapers, who have the pulped remnants of untold number of galactic civilizations imprisoned inside of them, is the nice-guy decision?  I didn't buy it.  At the very least, there needed to be some sort of cut scene with Shepard doing something cool and inspiring with his new legion of re-purposed galactic killbots.  Better yet, an entirely new Blue ending.  

Frankly, requiring either multiplayer or external programs (free or not) really was a dick move on their part, especially when they lied to us all when they said you didn't need anything else.

Yeah, I really don't get why they just didn't include that little Apple game where you move the fleets around inside the main game.  Heck, it's barely even a game, you just push some buttons a couple of times a day. Have Shepard control it from the War Room or something.  A really weird choice on Bioware/EA's part.  
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 03:56:36 PM by kadnod » Logged

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 24, 2012, 04:08:44 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on March 20, 2012, 02:41:27 PM

Have you read any classic sci-fi, like say, anything by Arthur C. Clarke? If you're familiar with the kind of stuff that happens in those stories you might not have any issues with the ME3 ending, but if you're a a sci-fi virgin (Star Wars doesn't count) the end may feel a bit... random.

I liked it, but I can see why others wouldn't.

I think this is a key part of the problem with the endings.  They're a really big shift in tone.  The whole series is this hard-nosed, military sci-fi thing, with a bits of interesting, but ignorable, philosophy thrown in.   Then all of the sudden at the end you're in "2001" territory.  I totally get why this rubbed lots of folks the wrong way. 

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: