http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 11:17:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 11914 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 11, 2012, 04:48:25 AM »

Quote from: Louis Cypher on March 11, 2012, 04:38:03 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 11, 2012, 03:53:56 AM

30 hrs?,i have about 7-8hrs and i have done sod all
Lol I'm not sure if this means you've done a lot or nothing at all. Anyway a tip for the citadel is look at your map. It tells you where a certain person is. I figured this out a little later trying to remember who I have to bring Prothean Obelisks to, or which Dr needs Turian spear tip medicine.  

yeah i have hardly touched anything(Act I 1st mission is the main mission i did last,done a few N7/Side missions)

Spoiler for Hiden:
Helping the Turians to defend their moon,and then EDI took on that Doctors Body from the Mars prologue and then i put her in my squad to do the Grissom Academy side mission where we met up with Jack and that David guy from ME2 DLC(and Kahlee from the books)..and then at the citadel again with more floors to explore..and that's about it

done quite a bit of scanning though(all i could at that point,Reapers or not)

but that's what i have done

Thanks for the tip on the map,defo try that

Anyone else whistle the Benny Hill theme when the Reapers chase you out of a system you are scanning? icon_lol

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 11, 2012, 05:33:03 AM »

I must say, multiplayer has been a pleasant surprise.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 11, 2012, 10:13:16 PM »

Quote from: Azhag on March 11, 2012, 04:23:20 AM

Yeah. I'm getting close to the end, I love the game, but the journal is definitely annoying. And since Citadel stuff happens throughout you have to walk around the Citadel a LOT if you want to do the side-quests and conversations. Those are my only real complaints though, outside of it being more of the same (which is good and bad). Definitely will replay with a Renegade though, and I don't replay many games.

4 hours in, and really my only complaint is the whole journal/map interface.  Feels like I'm stumbling across things more than actively looking for them, and it's kind of annoying to have only a vague hint as to where someone is in an area.  I know big exclamation marks are frowned upon in RPGs nowadays, but they sure would be nice to have when I'm looking for someone to turn in a quest to.  Also, does it seem to anyone else like Shepard is running slower than previous games?  Feel like he's sludging through molasses, and sprinting doesn't help much.

Other than that, it's MOTS...love it or hate it.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 11, 2012, 10:52:15 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on March 11, 2012, 10:13:16 PM

Yeah. I'm getting close to the end, I love the game, but the journal is definitely annoying. And since Citadel stuff happens throughout you have to walk around the Citadel a LOT if you want to do the side-quests and conversations. Those are my only real complaints though, outside of it being more of the same (which is good and bad). Definitely will replay with a Renegade though, and I don't replay many games.

4 hours in, and really my only complaint is the whole journal/map interface.  Feels like I'm stumbling across things more than actively looking for them, and it's kind of annoying to have only a vague hint as to where someone is in an area.  I know big exclamation marks are frowned upon in RPGs nowadays, but they sure would be nice to have when I'm looking for someone to turn in a quest to.  Also, does it seem to anyone else like Shepard is running slower than previous games?  Feel like he's sludging through molasses, and sprinting doesn't help much.

The journal seems like a step back, or I'm just accustomed to better quest/journals from having recently played Skyrim and Reckoning.  His run speed does feel slow.  I wish he could use a segway to get around the Citadel.  Look out people, Commander Shephard coming through.

I like the feel of the combat, even better than ME2.  The power combos feel rewarding, and the shooty parts feel better than both ME2 and 1.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 11, 2012, 11:26:04 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on March 11, 2012, 10:13:16 PM

The map has taken a lot of the functionality of the journal.  The map should show anyone available that you can turn a quest into (and you can use LB and RB to page through all of the areas of the Citadel). If you see someone generic like "Officer" or "Preacher" show up on the map then that means you have something you can give them to complete a quest.   So far I think I've found only one person that didn't show up on the map for a quest delivery. 
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: March 12, 2012, 12:04:18 AM »

Although sometimes the journal doesn't say where they are on the Citadel... I generally just visit every area whenever I go there so I won't miss anything.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 12, 2012, 12:09:46 AM »

Quote from: Azhag on March 12, 2012, 12:04:18 AM

Although sometimes the journal doesn't say where they are on the Citadel... I generally just visit every area whenever I go there so I won't miss anything.

Right but the map will show them the vast majority of the time.  Every time you are on the Citadel just look at all five pages of the map and see if any uniques have popped up on it.  Though I end up walking through all five maps every visit anyway so I can catch all of the incidental dialogue. 
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 12, 2012, 12:24:51 AM »

the squad commands when you press Up on the D-Pad is meant to get your posse shooting at your target...but for me it works about 10% of the time,i was going through some tunnels,and i wanted Eggs and Webbing to be shot,so i didn't waste ammo..i gave the order,but they just say things like "Understood" or "I'm on it"...but they don't do anything,i have lost count how many times i have shouted at the TV "well fucking do it then!!"

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 12, 2012, 12:38:43 AM »

That only works on red highlighted  enemies. The webs and spores don't meet that criteria.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 12, 2012, 04:51:29 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 12, 2012, 12:38:43 AM

That only works on red highlighted  enemies. The webs and spores don't meet that criteria.

well they did shoot at it all sometimes..like i said,about 10% of the time...even the goto commands weren't working then either,i place a cursor for them to go to and they just didn't...it only seemed to be that mission

I can get them to shoot at generators in other missions that have the same target as the eggs or webbing

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 12, 2012, 02:31:15 PM »

10 hours in and I've only completed perhaps 3 full missions.  I'm just busy running around the Citadel now, picking up various missions and reading through the codex.  I can easily see myself sinking 60 hours into this game if this keeps up...and i'm not counting the 2 hours I've put into MP.   icon_eek

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 12, 2012, 06:07:12 PM »

About 22.5 hours into the game and still really enjoying it. The fetch-questy Citadel missions are wearing pretty thin about now. I probably shouldn't have grinded a bunch of them this weekend.

The side missions, well mostly the Citadel stuff, is handled pretty randomly and awkwardly I think with your journal being updated with random conversations that you "overheard".

"Hi, I was traipsing around the galaxy fighting reapers and Cerberus and just so happened to find that thing you mentioned you needed as I ran right past you minding my own business trying to save the universe. Hope it helps!"

Imported my ME2 save without any issue. Still wish there were more dialogue interrupt opportunities. I'm about 75% paragon and 25% renegade as far as my meters go. I went full boyscout in the last game but I was finding I was using more and more renegade choices this time around.

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 12, 2012, 06:24:32 PM »

I find the Citadel missions to be horribly designed. First of all the map does NOT show you where all the quests have to be turned in. I turned in 3 last night with no help from the map screens. Also, after getting so mad last night I checked walkthroughs. Apparently you can try to turn in a mission too early OR too late. What a crock. I have 2 right now that I should be able to complete but I can't. That means I am either too early (I haven't done much of the main quest so I doubt I am too late) or the quests are bugged. Either way it's poor design.

I also think the scanning/getting chased away from a system by the reapers is stupid. It is in no way fun or challenging to flee from them, it just means I have to go do a side/main quest before I can finally tick off a system. That's not fun, it's just annoying. On the other hand, it's at least better than the scanning/mining in Mass Effect 2.

These things plus the way disc swapping works (and is required even after fully installing both discs) plus the inexcusable face import bug have left a somewhat sour early impression on me. Hearing more and more reports about the ending being horrid, have me worried.

All those complaints aside, I am really enjoying the game, when not dealing with the above issues, a lot.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 12, 2012, 06:39:40 PM »

There's a lot of disc swapping on the 360.  It's time for new console technology when I have to disc swap twice in a 60 minute play session.  I think the best version of the game is on the PC, very fast load times, no disc swapping, 8 slots for mapping powers, and companion powers can be dragged and dropped to my 8 slots too.       
spigot

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 12, 2012, 06:45:02 PM »

I stuck with the plain old default Shepard so luckily I haven't seen the import bug. It is pretty silly though to be chased out of a solar system by tiny reaper squid just for trying to scan a planet. Luckily once you've detected something and can start scanning they leave you alone.

They really should have added some kind of tab to help you track missions that are partially completed or still have to be turned in.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 12, 2012, 09:29:15 PM »

Why? Whats wrong with Cortez?

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 12, 2012, 10:58:21 PM »

you don't need to go do another mission if the reapers are after you

Enter system,start scanning,scan until you find your target..if Reapers come,bug out of the system,then re-enter it,and just get chased out scanning as you go

I have everything scanned right now,just keep entering and exiting until you are near your target(you will enter at different sides of the system),takes all of a few minutes

Oh and if the Reapers do catch you,just select resume and you will reload in that very same system you were caught,only you will have to scan again...but you know where your targets are now,right?  icon_wink

Quote from: Razgon on March 12, 2012, 09:29:15 PM

Why? Whats wrong with Cortez?

huh?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 11:02:02 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 13, 2012, 09:10:06 AM »

Spigot ninja edited his post or removed it so mine makes little sense.

Nevermind that then.

A new one
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 13, 2012, 01:59:09 PM »

Another hour or so of fetch quests on The Citadel has changed my mind about those missions.  Ugh.  I need to get off that damn thing and back into some action before I go nuts.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 13, 2012, 02:13:30 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 13, 2012, 01:59:09 PM

Another hour or so of fetch quests on The Citadel has changed my mind about those missions.  Ugh.  I need to get off that damn thing and back into some action before I go nuts.

Same here. I really enjoyed running around the Citadel in previous games, but it feels like a chore this time around due to the wonky map and journal system. 

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: March 13, 2012, 02:15:04 PM »

So, something just seriously fubared up with XBL.

I went to log into ME3, and got a message saying that 'the game was last played on another console, restarting', and when it did, it forgot ALL my Achievements I've EVER gotten (although I still have my points). ALL Achievements for every game period ever played. My XBL history of games played is gone, I have no listed Achievements period, everything.

Strangely enough, if I pull up my Friends list, I see that under Compare Games, nobody has played anything either, including those who I know have played ME3.

Is XBL fubaring up for anyone else, or is it just me?

And Citadel missions are easy, IMHO. Once you've found a few things, visit the place and bring up the Map. That will at least give you an approximation of where they are. Poke around the area, turn them in, continue to have fun.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 13, 2012, 02:34:22 PM »

DEstructor - that sounds suspeciously like you have been hacked and everything transfered to another machine?

I'd remove any card info, and take appropiate steps, like resetting of passwords and the like.

Also, 1-800-4-MY-XBOX in case of trouble :-)

edit: nevermind, its a global xbox thingie

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/t/221331.aspx
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 02:36:13 PM by Razgon » Logged

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 13, 2012, 02:51:00 PM »

wasn't feeling like playing today anyway,so i will avoid turning on my 360

FWIW-that xbox.com page still says i have 80853..funnily enough though it says i have 315 msp,pretty sure i was under 100,unless the Rewards have finally dished out what they owe me

It was bad enough the other day when EA reset their servers,now in the Mass Effect menu under accomplishments it says i have not got half a dozen achievements when i have got them,and they reset the counters for the kills as well

As long as i don't lose my 1750/1750 Borderlands Cabbage Patch

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: March 13, 2012, 02:54:22 PM »

Yeah, my history has come back now, but I've lost all the Achievements I had for ME3. Nice work, Microsoft/EA/whatever.

And I've pulled my CC out of Microsoft's system a few months ago and cancelled Live - I don't trust their security anymore.

EDIT: And now everything is back for me. I signed out/signed in and poof! everything completely came back. Well...mostly - I have the score for ME3 right now, but it doesn't show said points being actually unlocked.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 03:06:42 PM by Destructor » Logged

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 13, 2012, 03:17:24 PM »

OK, dumb question - how do you access From Ashes? I played through the entire game and never got a quest and it didn't appear after I was done.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 13, 2012, 03:24:14 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 13, 2012, 03:17:24 PM

OK, dumb question - how do you access From Ashes? I played through the entire game and never got a quest and it didn't appear after I was done.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I bought it the day I got the game and once I got to the Citadel for the first time, it was a side quest about going after a Prothean artifact.  Once you finish it, you have a Prothean in your party.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 13, 2012, 03:29:13 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on March 13, 2012, 03:24:14 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
I bought it the day I got the game and once I got to the Citadel for the first time, it was a side quest about going after a Prothean artifact.  Once you finish it, you have a Prothean in your party.

Hm, that is very weird - I wonder if mine is installed wrong? I know it's also supposed to give you an alternate appearance for your squadmates. I have one alternate appearance - does the DLC give you two?

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 13, 2012, 03:42:35 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 13, 2012, 03:29:13 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Hm, that is very weird - I wonder if mine is installed wrong? I know it's also supposed to give you an alternate appearance for your squadmates. I have one alternate appearance - does the DLC give you two?

Yeah i think it does Teggy,as my squad dudes all have 3 costumes,i did the DLC quest very early on as well

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 13, 2012, 03:58:56 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 13, 2012, 03:42:35 PM

Quote from: Teggy on March 13, 2012, 03:29:13 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Yeah i think it does Teggy,as my squad dudes all have 3 costumes,i did the DLC quest very early on as well

Ah crap, so there is something wrong with my DLC install.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 14, 2012, 04:42:58 AM »

I am getting sick of these EA servers or whatever the problem is

"A sign-in change occurred.Sign in to the original gamer profile to continue"
(press A to restart)

which happened the other day and reset all achievement progress back to zero and screwed up my achievements for the game,so it looks like its going to happen again,i haven't done anything to my gamertag or signed out and into another one

as for the game,finished all side missions except 1 Citadel Hub and 1 N7 which i can't do until i progress into the main story more

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 14, 2012, 07:07:31 PM »

Last night I was

Spoiler for Hiden:
on K'uresh (or however it's spelled

and all of the sudden dialog on some of the characters started distorting every few seconds.  It was intermittent but noticeable.  Also, it seemed like it took a little while for dialog choices to activate once selected. 

I installed both discs to the hard drive, so it wasn't reading from the disc drive in either cases. 

Anyone else experience something like this?  I've had two 360's fail on me in the past and I'm worried a third is about to go belly up.   tear

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 14, 2012, 08:03:07 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on March 13, 2012, 02:15:04 PM

And Citadel missions are easy, IMHO. Once you've found a few things, visit the place and bring up the Map. That will at least give you an approximation of where they are. Poke around the area, turn them in, continue to have fun.

This is not 100% true. As noted earlier, I turned in 3 quests a couple days ago and NONE of them had any map tips telling me where to turn them in. I do think most quests give you a hint on the map.

The Citadel is definitely a chore. I always feel compelled to comb it over most times I visit in case there is a new quest conversation to overhear. Between pouring over the Citadel and trying to get all the conversations on my ship I played for over an hour at one point last night without ever setting foot in a hazardous zone.

The journal is also junk for side quests. It doesn't always indicate when you've picked up the quest item and can return it. So, if I pick something up in the heart of battle, I can be ready to complete a quest without knowing it.

I did get a nice play session last night and got through some story, and THAT part is going just great so far. Did anyone finish this yet and actually LIKE the ending?

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 14, 2012, 09:01:57 PM »

Nope, I'm one of the ending complainers :-P. Still liked the game until then.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 14, 2012, 10:06:07 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on March 13, 2012, 02:15:04 PM

So, something just seriously fubared up with XBL.

I went to log into ME3, and got a message saying that 'the game was last played on another console, restarting', and when it did, it forgot ALL my Achievements I've EVER gotten (although I still have my points). ALL Achievements for every game period ever played. My XBL history of games played is gone, I have no listed Achievements period, everything.
'

I just got this same message. Weird.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 16, 2012, 01:52:37 PM »

So is it worth playing this to the end? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 16, 2012, 02:50:55 PM »

Yes, it's great until the last 10 minutes.

spigot

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 18, 2012, 02:30:19 AM »

I finally completed this today. The ending was .... yeah. I'm not quite at the internet rage stage of feelings about it, but it was definitely a disappointment. I'm gonna go back, replay it and let it sink in for a little while....
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 03:10:09 AM by spigot » Logged

Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 18, 2012, 03:40:56 AM »

Replaying and getting a different ending will be what causes the rage  icon_twisted
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 18, 2012, 03:50:24 AM »

A quick heads-up on a bug I ran across during the "Tuchanka:  Downed Vessel" mission tonight.  You'll come across two harvesters as you battle your way down through the rubble to Victus' location.  Whatever you do, don't kill the second one...let him fly away.  If you kill it, none of the enemies in the final area will spawn, and your only option is to restart the mission.

I'm about 12 hours in and while I'm having fun, I'm not nearly as immersed as I was in ME2. Can't completely put my finger on why, but I think it's most because the story feels so...disjointed. I hate the way they've redone the map/journal system, and I feel like I'm simply stumbling across things (both quests and upgrades) rather than actually doing them with any sort of cohesive plan. Feels more like a series of stand-alone side missions rather than the cohesive story that ME2 told. Hoping that feeling goes away...I really want to like this game more than I currently am.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 04:00:33 AM by Gratch » Logged

Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 18, 2012, 05:47:37 AM »

Why must the a button perform so many functions? I try to revive someone... I take cover. I try to revive again, dodge. Oiy...

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: