http://gamingtrend.com
September 19, 2014, 12:04:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 12154 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: March 08, 2012, 03:35:06 PM »

Is there a way to get Kinect to use the headset as the voice input? I thought it would do it automatically, but it didn't.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 08, 2012, 03:45:54 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 08, 2012, 03:35:06 PM

Is there a way to get Kinect to use the headset as the voice input? I thought it would do it automatically, but it didn't.

it would of been good to have headset support without Kinect....or at least i would of given it a go

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 08, 2012, 03:49:44 PM »

Should I drop the 10 bucks on the Ashes DLC?  Is it worth it?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 08, 2012, 04:08:46 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 08, 2012, 03:49:44 PM

Should I drop the 10 bucks on the Ashes DLC?  Is it worth it?

Depends how much you like your $10. slywink

Serious answer: the mission itself is nothing special. It's a bland 30-minute shoot-up-the-Cerberus-flunkies with some fall-of-the-Protheans cutscenes spliced in (which are kind of cool, but still). I wouldn't pay $10 for that.

The main sell is probably the extra character, the appeal of which depends on your character class / how many times you're planning to play the game. The Prothean squadmate is a combat biotic (I want to say a Vanguard, but he appears to use an assault rifle primarily), so he's primarily an alternative to Liara. If you're an Adept yourself and/or really like Liara -- and don't intend to play through multiple times to try different classes -- then he's not really very useful.

His assault rifle is a pretty neat thing itself, though, as it goes in your Armory for anyone to use and works on the ME1 no-thermal-clip-but-overheats principle. Also, one thing I just realized recently is that the alternate appearances for your squadmates in ME3 aren't just cosmetic; they now work like armor sets for Shepard and confer a different bonus for each set, so you get a little more flexibility there as well.

Personal bottom line: I don't feel in any way ripped off by the DLC (but then, I only bought the standard edition to begin with and, let's face it, I would have paid $100 easily just to get to play the conclusion of this story) but it's hardly the most value-packed $10 I've ever spent, either.

- Ash
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 08, 2012, 04:14:12 PM »

Are there restrictions on what weapons each class is allowed to use?  Or is it just a matter of whether or not your levelled up abilities will give you bonuses to certain weapons?

I haven't read the fucking manual yet, but I distinctly remember not being allowed to use assault rifles as an Infiltrator.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: March 08, 2012, 04:29:41 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on March 08, 2012, 02:40:23 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on March 08, 2012, 01:56:33 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on March 08, 2012, 03:57:28 AM

I had to disable the Kinect for the game.  Really wanted to try the voice commands in combat, but since my wife often spectates this kind of game, just our chatting about which dialogue choice to go for would trigger a selection.

no chit chat on the battlefield noob!

Also if you have time to chat about a command before you use it... you might be playing in slow motion.  ninja

The unintended chat triggers were in the game dialogue sections. 

Choice 1: "I will save them all"
Choice 2: "I will destroy all humans"

wife: "destroy all humans?  that's a weird--"

COMMAND ACKNOWLEDGED - DESTROYING ALL HUMANS

*sorry* ... cant. stop. laughing.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 08, 2012, 04:30:16 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on March 08, 2012, 04:14:12 PM

Are there restrictions on what weapons each class is allowed to use?  Or is it just a matter of whether or not your levelled up abilities will give you bonuses to certain weapons?

I haven't read the fucking manual yet, but I distinctly remember not being allowed to use assault rifles as an Infiltrator.

I'm pretty sure I'm using an Assault rifle and I'm playing as an infiltrator.  I'll double check tonight though.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 08, 2012, 04:31:09 PM »

Are there restrictions on what weapons each class is allowed to use?  Or is it just a matter of whether or not your levelled up abilities will give you bonuses to certain weapons?

I think that was only a restriction in the first game where you had to unlock the ability to use weapon types. There are penalties for having too much weight in the form of weapons and armor and then there are bonuses for using certain weapon types for certain classes (sniper and pistol for Infiltrator, for example).

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 08, 2012, 04:33:37 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 08, 2012, 04:31:09 PM

Are there restrictions on what weapons each class is allowed to use?  Or is it just a matter of whether or not your levelled up abilities will give you bonuses to certain weapons?

I think that was only a restriction in the first game where you had to unlock the ability to use weapon types. There are penalties for having too much weight in the form of weapons and armor and then there are bonuses for using certain weapon types for certain classes (sniper and pistol for Infiltrator, for example).

ME1 you could use any weapon but only got bonuses for certain ones depending on your class.  ME2 you couldn't use certain weapons at all.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 08, 2012, 04:33:45 PM »

This is a significant change from ME2: every class can use every weapon now.

What they've done is add a Weight mechanic: the more (or heavier) weapons that you are carrying, the slower your powers recharge. You can choose to carry just one weapon, if you like, or lightweight versions of several, or just say to hell with powers, take the biggest guns and shoot everything (probably viable, given how much ammo is scattered around).

This also interacts with the increased selection of weapons (I've got about six options for different assault rifles so far, each with a different balance between weight / damage / accuracy / firing rate) and the new weapon modification system, where one of the mods is for "Lightweight materials" that can make a heavier weapon much more manageable (I think even the lowest tier of that mod gives -60% to the weapon's weight). I think the Soldier does get a bonus to maximum carry weight (i.e., can carry heavier stuff before power recharge slows down) from the start, and my Adept also an optional power upgrade that boosts carry capacity, as well.

Note that this doesn't apply to squadmates: they don't have weight measured and they still only get to use a couple different classes of weapons -- although you can pick which weapon within the class and apply mods as you see fit.

- Ash
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 08, 2012, 04:52:10 PM »

Damn, looks like I need to do some reading tonight.  I had no idea that weapon weight played into power cooldown times.

Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 08, 2012, 04:56:10 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 08, 2012, 04:52:10 PM

Damn, looks like I need to do some reading tonight.  I had no idea that weapon weight played into power cooldown times.

It's right there in a big bar on the middle of the loadout screen (the one that is a picture of Shepard's back): "Power recharge +/- X%". The more/heavier weapons you equip, the smaller that number gets. The bar even turns red, IIRC, when you hit the negative side. It's basically a giant tramp stamp. smile

- Ash
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 08, 2012, 05:03:19 PM »

Ash beat me to it, but I was going to give a snarky comment as well slywink

You don't have to read further than the giant % cooldown reduction value that changes whenever you equip or unequip a weapon.  How you could see this and (if you didn't already know how cooldown reduction works) not wonder 'hmm, I wonder what cooldown reduction is?' I don't get.

Cats don't play video games, but if they did, their curiosity would make sure they figured that out.  icon_twisted
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 08, 2012, 05:21:47 PM »

I expect no less from the internet when asking for help or expressing any sign of human error.   icon_lol

Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 08, 2012, 05:26:11 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 08, 2012, 05:21:47 PM

I expect no less from the internet when asking for help or expressing any sign of human error.   icon_lol

And we would hate to disappoint you.

You know, like you disappoint us. Constantly.

slywink

- Ash
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 08, 2012, 05:30:39 PM »

I was more referring to Hark's reply.  It was actually somewhat funny. Tongue

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 08, 2012, 05:31:23 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 08, 2012, 05:30:39 PM

you know I'm always willing to point out your shortcomings Hep!  CK pays me to do so.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 08, 2012, 08:12:09 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 08, 2012, 05:31:23 PM

you know I'm always willing to point out your shortcomings Hep!  CK pays me to do so.

Does anyone even have any Hark points left?

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 08, 2012, 08:35:31 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on March 08, 2012, 08:12:09 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on March 08, 2012, 05:31:23 PM

Does anyone even have any Hark points left?

everyone started with zero, and you can only lose them... so no.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 09, 2012, 01:37:57 PM »

what 'mode' has everybody started on?

Story,Action or RPG

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 09, 2012, 01:42:02 PM »

RPG here - I can't imagine playing in any other way.

The game isn't a good enough shooter that I can see people just playing it for those parts.

A new one
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 09, 2012, 01:45:06 PM »

I would be surprised if anyone here chose anything but RPG.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 09, 2012, 02:02:00 PM »

I chose story mode, because I'm just terrible at shooters and LOVE the story experience!  ninja
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 09, 2012, 02:54:08 PM »

Do you even get an option if you import a character? I got the option when I played the demo, but I don't remember seeing the option when I started the full game.

Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: March 09, 2012, 04:50:49 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 09, 2012, 02:54:08 PM

Do you even get an option if you import a character? I got the option when I played the demo, but I don't remember seeing the option when I started the full game.

I did not get the Story/Normal/FPS choices when I imported my ME2 character.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 09, 2012, 05:18:25 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 09, 2012, 02:02:00 PM

I chose story mode, because I'm just terrible at shooters and LOVE the story experience!  ninja

I know you're being sarcastic, but that's actually the direction I'm leaning...and for those exact reasons.

I don't get the difference between "story" and "RPG" modes.  Can anyone enlighten me?  I was planning on importing my ME2 character, but maybe that's not the best bet if they don't give you the "shooters for dummies" option.

Excited to finally be able to fire this thing up tonight.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 09, 2012, 05:22:41 PM »

I think if you choose story the combat is super easy.

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 09, 2012, 06:06:58 PM »

I noticed when I imported my ME2 character that he started at level 28, exactly where he left off, with mostly equivalent powers already selected (because I chose the same class).  I was surprised to see the levels carry over, I thought it would just be the decisions that would carry over, and I'd be back at level 1 again.  It's good, I'm not complaining, I just didn't expect it.  Do new characters, not imported, start at level 1 in the full game?  
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 09, 2012, 07:03:56 PM »

In Story mode you also get the responses played out for you,so all conversations would be like cutscenes and no choices for you to make
I have the game but yet to start it so wasn't aware that the choice was only for starting with new character instead of porting your character across

Quote from: Roguetad on March 09, 2012, 06:06:58 PM

Do new characters, not imported, start at level 1 in the full game? 

That's what I have heard...but its not too bad as they go by quickly

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 09, 2012, 07:46:03 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on March 09, 2012, 06:06:58 PM

I noticed when I imported my ME2 character that he started at level 28, exactly where he left off, with mostly equivalent powers already selected (because I chose the same class).  I was surprised to see the levels carry over, I thought it would just be the decisions that would carry over, and I'd be back at level 1 again.  It's good, I'm not complaining, I just didn't expect it.  Do new characters, not imported, start at level 1 in the full game?  

Interesting.  So is "RPG" the default setting for imported characters?

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: March 09, 2012, 08:13:05 PM »

It must be as I also don't remember being given a choice when importing my ME2 character into ME3.  I have both dialog options and the ability to manually level up, so it must have defaulted to RPG.

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 09, 2012, 08:22:28 PM »

I imported and I was given a choice. I did change classes after importing - not sure if that made a difference.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 09, 2012, 08:25:00 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 09, 2012, 07:03:56 PM

In Story mode you also get the responses played out for you,so all conversations would be like cutscenes and no choices for you to make

No, that's action mode.  Story gives you full cutscene choices but easy combat.

It's all selectable after the fact anyway from the Narrative tab.  So you can import an ME2 save and just set combat to super easy and you get the same thing as selecting "Story" for a new character.  
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 09, 2012, 11:57:49 PM »

and i dont know if hes interested or not, but for gratchs info do you all know if "story" mode automates levels, equipment and the rpg aspects?
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 10, 2012, 03:33:31 AM »

I feel like those are all gameplay options...
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 10, 2012, 08:49:49 AM »

Tried about 30 minutes to recreate my awesome Shepard after the import thing failed me.  No dice.  Looks like I'm waiting for the patch.
Louis Cypher

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 11, 2012, 03:32:20 AM »

Finished it today, put in about 30 hours. Don't know what to say about the ending, ugh.

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 11, 2012, 03:53:56 AM »

30 hrs?,i have about 7-8hrs and i have done sod all

In fact walking around the citadel for hours on end has made me come to the conclusion that the journal is pants,as it never updates when you are doing a mission in there,its always talk to one guy so i search 5 floors of the Citadel to find him and he tells you to talk to another guy which means i have to search 5 floors to find the next guy again,and this is similar to all the citadel missions that don't leave the station....the Journal however will remain the same saying that i have to talk to the original guy...so fucking annoying

as for EA,they are cock knockers as well,it seems they have reset their servers or some such shit has happened so everyones kill stats have reset(that goes the same for melee or overloading shields etc)...so if you were trying to get 5000 kills and had say 800,it was back to zero

oh well,at least i got my
Spoiler for Hiden:
Space Hamster
back

Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 11, 2012, 04:23:20 AM »

Yeah. I'm getting close to the end, I love the game, but the journal is definitely annoying. And since Citadel stuff happens throughout you have to walk around the Citadel a LOT if you want to do the side-quests and conversations. Those are my only real complaints though, outside of it being more of the same (which is good and bad). Definitely will replay with a Renegade though, and I don't replay many games.
Louis Cypher

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 11, 2012, 04:38:03 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 11, 2012, 03:53:56 AM

30 hrs?,i have about 7-8hrs and i have done sod all
Lol I'm not sure if this means you've done a lot or nothing at all. Anyway a tip for the citadel is look at your map. It tells you where a certain person is. I figured this out a little later trying to remember who I have to bring Prothean Obelisks to, or which Dr needs Turian spear tip medicine.  

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: