http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 01:10:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 11942 times)
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 07, 2012, 03:32:58 PM »

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 07, 2012, 03:45:08 PM »

Is that in the 360 case for the game?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 07, 2012, 04:12:31 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 07, 2012, 03:45:08 PM

Is that in the 360 case for the game?

Probably the ingame manual

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 07, 2012, 04:25:20 PM »

I'll have to check tonight.  That or just print off what harkonis so kindly posted.  Thanks!

p.s. forgetting ashley's name and then yelling out, "BITCH, THROW A GRENADE!" in the heat of battle doesn't actually work, I discovered.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 07, 2012, 04:33:32 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 07, 2012, 04:25:20 PM

I'll have to check tonight.  That or just print off what harkonis so kindly posted.  Thanks!

p.s. forgetting ashley's name and then yelling out, "BITCH, THROW A GRENADE!" in the heat of battle doesn't actually work, I discovered.

if the person has an ability you don't, you can sometimes just say the ability.  That or shorten phrases.  I say Ash, Concuss! and it works for concussive shot. 

Also shouting 'James is a Carnie!' does make him use carnage
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 07, 2012, 05:10:01 PM »

weapon mods you unlock in multiplayer carry over to your single player
Maggot
Gaming Trend Reader

Calculating Infinity

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 07, 2012, 05:12:53 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 07, 2012, 03:09:48 PM

Was your goal to create Daniel Craig with Down's Syndrome? 

My first one was worse

http://minus.com/mA4oXOjUS#1
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 07, 2012, 05:19:46 PM »

my shepard doesn't look really well either, but I don't want to start over so I'll deal wit it
Combustible lemur
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 07, 2012, 05:41:43 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 07, 2012, 05:19:46 PM

my shepard doesn't look really well either, but I don't want to start over so I'll deal wit it
They really should have included a break after the game starts to edit your features. Alot of the details are oddly highlighted in cutscenes and gameplay, and what looked good in setup, looked terrible from closeup angles in game.
sent from incredible'
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: March 07, 2012, 05:54:51 PM »

Quote from: Maggot on March 07, 2012, 05:12:53 PM

Quote from: hepcat on March 07, 2012, 03:09:48 PM

Was your goal to create Daniel Craig with Down's Syndrome?  

My first one was worse

When modelling women, try to NOT get Linda Hunt in the mix. Tongue
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:58:22 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 07, 2012, 06:15:55 PM »

I was thinking more Lucille Ball after a stroke...

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 07, 2012, 06:17:18 PM »

Quote from: Combustible lemur on March 07, 2012, 05:41:43 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on March 07, 2012, 05:19:46 PM

They really should have included a break after the game starts to edit your features. Alot of the details are oddly highlighted in cutscenes and gameplay, and what looked good in setup, looked terrible from closeup angles in game.
sent from incredible'

Yeah, I thought mine looked fine in the customization, but out in the real world she is so pale she glows compared to the other people.  I've debated starting over, but what I really want is for my Shepard import to have not gotten the face code error.  The problem is I imagine it will take some time to get that fix and that means I won't be playing the game.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 07, 2012, 06:34:03 PM »

Quote from: Azhag on March 07, 2012, 05:01:32 AM

Disc two thus far seems to be for side missions, disc one for main ones...

Wow, after returning to the main quest I had to put disc 1 back in despite the fact it's installed. Now that disc 2 is installed I better not have to keep swapping discs!

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 07, 2012, 06:51:35 PM »

Quote from: JCC on March 07, 2012, 06:34:03 PM

Quote from: Azhag on March 07, 2012, 05:01:32 AM

Disc two thus far seems to be for side missions, disc one for main ones...

Wow, after returning to the main quest I had to put disc 1 back in despite the fact it's installed. Now that disc 2 is installed I better not have to keep swapping discs!

Installing doesn't mean you don't need the disc.  You always have to have the disc in for whatever disc you are on at the time.  All installing does is cut down load times (and makes your XBox run quieter if you have an older one that has a noisy drive).

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 07, 2012, 06:59:17 PM »

Last night I did experience one issue.  A cut scene froze on me for about a full 15 seconds as it was ending.  I was getting up to power off my system when it suddenly started working again without any sign of trouble.  Anyone else see this happening?

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 07, 2012, 07:09:08 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 07, 2012, 05:10:01 PM

weapon mods you unlock in multiplayer carry over to your single player

I did not know that.  Thanks for the heads up, hark!   icon_biggrin

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 07, 2012, 07:33:03 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on March 07, 2012, 03:11:47 PM

Quote from: Maggot on March 07, 2012, 03:03:29 PM

Only played for like two hours but liking it so far, although the melodramatic moments has not worked at all and been rather laughable.

They were a little off for me too. Like they were trying too hard. About an hour in there was a
Spoiler for Hiden:
dream sequence
that I felt was way over the top and felt just wrong for the setting. It didn't really add anything either. It was just going the extra mile to really hammer home a particular scene in the intro mission that Bioware really wants us to feel something from. Good scenes don't need to be hammered in. They work on their own.

yeah, for that part I was like

Spoiler for Hiden:
suddenly in a Silent Hill game, and expected the kid to try and eat my soul.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 07, 2012, 08:04:58 PM »

I played a Sentinel for my first ME2 playthrough, and enjoyed the flexibility and durability of the class.  I'm bummed that Tech Armor comes with a hefty power recharge penalty in ME3.  I suppose that's a trade off for the extra damage resistance.

I like the feel of the ME3 Vanguard.  I played the first couple of hours focused on mid to short range combat, using shockwave, pull, and charging at the right time, and everything felt good (and was fun).  Lots of options.  It was easy to combo pull and shockwave, or the AI's Singularity + my Shockwave.  The extra weapon options are nice too.  I haven't tried Nova, but that seems better suited to a riskier playstyle.  I like being mobile and direct, but also being able to hang back and use biotic powers.         

Combustible lemur
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 07, 2012, 08:30:07 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on March 07, 2012, 08:04:58 PM

I played a Sentinel for my first ME2 playthrough, and enjoyed the flexibility and durability of the class.  I'm bummed that Tech Armor comes with a hefty power recharge penalty in ME3.  I suppose that's a trade off for the extra damage resistance.

I like the feel of the ME3 Vanguard.  I played the first couple of hours oc9used on mid to short range combat, using shockwave, pull, and charging at the right time, and everything felt good (and was fun).  Lots of options.  It was easy to combo pull and shockwave, or the AI's Singularity + my Shockwave.  The extra weapon options are nice too.  I haven't tried Nova, but that seems better suited to a riskier playstyle.  I like being mobile and direct, but also being able to hang back and use biotic powers.   [\quote]    

The vanguard at 30 + is so satisfying: rapidfire charge with a shotgun and heavy melee, squads just yield to my ass beating. Unfortunately, with a light loadout I'm the one who gets spanked if there are any combat engineers. Turrets are unphased by vanguard shenanigans. It took quite some time for me to get comfortable with meathead and blue taking lead against turret swarms. It may just be the dlc but every other baddie was an engineer.

sent from incredible'
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:48:31 PM by Combustible lemur » Logged
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: March 07, 2012, 09:31:19 PM »

Enemies placing down turrets brings a smile to my face, because that's the moment where I turn the tide of the battle by using Sabotage.  icon_twisted
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 07, 2012, 09:35:49 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on March 07, 2012, 06:51:35 PM

Installing doesn't mean you don't need the disc.  You always have to have the disc in for whatever disc you are on at the time.  All installing does is cut down load times (and makes your XBox run quieter if you have an older one that has a noisy drive).

If true, I think that stinks. If they handled the disc swap like ME2 did, where I basically swapped discs once during the entire game, then that's one thing. But if I am going to have to keep swapping every time I veer from main to side quests and vice versa then that's just piss poor.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 08, 2012, 12:18:10 AM »

Oh boy, this game is going to take me some time. I think I just spent 1.5-2 hours just talking to people smile.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: March 08, 2012, 12:19:52 AM »

Quote from: JCC on March 07, 2012, 09:35:49 PM

If true, I think that stinks. If they handled the disc swap like ME2 did, where I basically swapped discs once during the entire game, then that's one thing. But if I am going to have to keep swapping every time I veer from main to side quests and vice versa then that's just piss poor.

You'll do it a few times in the beginning, then not for a long time, and then inexplicably once more for the final areas.   It's because Microsoft doesn't trust you...

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 08, 2012, 01:26:35 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on March 08, 2012, 12:19:52 AM

You'll do it a few times in the beginning, then not for a long time, and then inexplicably once more for the final areas.   It's because Microsoft doesn't trust you...

been reading a lot of complaints about this,seems some people are saying all the N7 missions are on disc 2..some people even going to lengths talking about Multiplayer taking up the disc space that is therefore making them swap discs so often in the single player,or some suggesting the Multiplayer should of been on a third disc...i myself think Multiplayer probably doesn't really take up that much space to make any kind of difference

I'm guessing then that there is more game here than Mass Effect 2,because some cutscenes/missions were on both discs which i found out when i died once in ME2 and didn't have to change discs again to play a certain mission

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 08, 2012, 03:06:19 AM »

I wish reload was a Kinect enabled command even if it is only a one button press action, I'm not sure why but I'd like to shout it out.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 08, 2012, 03:57:28 AM »

I had to disable the Kinect for the game.  Really wanted to try the voice commands in combat, but since my wife often spectates this kind of game, just our chatting about which dialogue choice to go for would trigger a selection.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: March 08, 2012, 04:20:53 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 08, 2012, 01:26:35 AM

been reading a lot of complaints about this,seems some people are saying all the N7 missions are on disc 2..some people even going to lengths talking about Multiplayer taking up the disc space that is therefore making them swap discs so often in the single player,or some suggesting the Multiplayer should of been on a third disc...i myself think Multiplayer probably doesn't really take up that much space to make any kind of difference

I'm guessing then that there is more game here than Mass Effect 2,because some cutscenes/missions were on both discs which i found out when i died once in ME2 and didn't have to change discs again to play a certain mission

I guess the way you tackle missions might make that happen.  I tend to bundle up a bunch of missions and run an entire section of them in one shot.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 08, 2012, 04:31:48 AM »

Blarg!! I can't even play the game. I went to import MY Shepard and the game says it can't import his face. How did this get though their QA?????

I saw they are working on a patch but how long will that take? Earth is getting hammered!

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: March 08, 2012, 06:09:20 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 08, 2012, 01:26:35 AM

As a PC user I'm kind of happy to see this happening. Not because I enjoy seeing those playing the game on the 360 suffering from the problem, but because it means that this time the story wasn't designed around the limitations of the 360.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: March 08, 2012, 06:24:29 AM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on March 08, 2012, 04:31:48 AM

Blarg!! I can't even play the game. I went to import MY Shepard and the game says it can't import his face. How did this get though their QA?????

I saw they are working on a patch but how long will that take? Earth is getting hammered!

Just rebuild your face.  I had to do the same thing - everything else imports.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 08, 2012, 11:56:13 AM »

I am sure you may of got these already,especially the first one,but the Avatar Awards for Mass Effect 3 are:

* N7 helmet:
      Return to active duty Complete the Prologue and first Priority Mission to unlock an achievement and this avatar helmet.

* Omniblade:
      Kill 25 enemies with melee attacks

Shame there are only two,because i really like the Avatar Awards,beats paying for them icon_biggrin

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 08, 2012, 01:56:33 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on March 08, 2012, 03:57:28 AM

I had to disable the Kinect for the game.  Really wanted to try the voice commands in combat, but since my wife often spectates this kind of game, just our chatting about which dialogue choice to go for would trigger a selection.

no chit chat on the battlefield noob!

Also if you have time to chat about a command before you use it... you might be playing in slow motion.  ninja
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 08, 2012, 02:36:14 PM »

While I know that pushing the A button is actually faster than saying "Open" or "Use" or selecting a dialog choice by repeating what's on screen, I can't help but love using it for everything.

However, it's truly impressive on the battlefield.  Now that I'm getting the hang of the commands, there's nothing like seeing an enemy group trying to flank me and then yelling "Liandra, Singularity!" and watching them instantly start floating around like goons. 

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 08, 2012, 02:40:23 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 08, 2012, 01:56:33 PM

Also if you have time to chat about a command before you use it... you might be playing in slow motion.  ninja

The unintended chat triggers were in the game dialogue sections. 

Choice 1: "I will save them all"
Choice 2: "I will destroy all humans"

wife: "destroy all humans?  that's a weird--"

COMMAND ACKNOWLEDGED - DESTROYING ALL HUMANS
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 08, 2012, 02:42:06 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on March 08, 2012, 06:24:29 AM

Quote from: Scoop20906 on March 08, 2012, 04:31:48 AM

Just rebuild your face.  I had to do the same thing - everything else imports.

I almost shelved the game when I found out about this bug.  I recreated the face as best I could, but it still kind of feels like when a movie replaces an actor for a sequel.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: March 08, 2012, 02:44:48 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on March 08, 2012, 02:40:23 PM

Suicide Booth: "Please select mode of death. Quick and painless or slow and horrible."
Fry: "Yeah, I'd like to place a collect call?"
Suicide Booth: "You have selected slow and horrible."
Bender: "Great choice!"
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 08, 2012, 02:48:40 PM »

This would have to be when you say 'honey, please don't talk during the movie' slywink

Good stuff though
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 08, 2012, 03:11:56 PM »

Why do you let her speak when she's not spoken to?  ninja

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 08, 2012, 03:28:59 PM »

this could help with that:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 08, 2012, 03:34:16 PM »

So last night after another hour I think I finally tied up all the things that I can currently do on the Citadel. That was a very long stretch without action, but I had fun with it. I'm just amazed at how many references to the first two games they've stuck in, some of which I had completely forgot about until the game jogged my memory. I also saved everyone and did all the DLC from ME2, so I'm guessing I'm seeing stuff other people might not be. Which also means the programming has to account for all the different combinations of results from the first 2 games, which is equally impressive.

I also bought the likely overpriced iPhone game last night and gave it a quick spin. Seems pretty cool, and I uploaded some war materials to my game. I am so weak.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: