http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 04:14:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 11668 times)
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2012, 03:46:18 PM »

Apparently the iOS game is made by the same guys who made the Dead Space iOS game, which was very well reviewed and liked by others on the forum.

I'll need to try the multiplayer on the full version, but on the demo, leveling happened decently quickly, and those packs people thought would only cost real money can be earned quickly through play. A single mission, maybe 2, is all you need to earn enough to buy a pack. Sure, there will be some who buy the real money versions, but its their money to use stupidly.

Of course, they may change the leveling rates and credit income rates for the full game though.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2012, 03:49:29 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 06, 2012, 03:32:33 PM

Everything I had read was that if you did all the side missions, it was the same effect as playing a lot of multiplayer and you could get the best ending.  Multiplayer just gives you a quicker, easier (and for me more fun) way to do it.  Also the multiplayer readiness points decay over real time.

from the article

That part is kind of cool. But the balance is incredibly harsh: I did every proper* quest I could find in Mass Effect 3, made sensible decisions that didnít conflict with my choices in the previous games, and brought people together. But I still got a gallingly bleak ending.

A new one
Mystic95Z
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2012, 03:54:37 PM »

Haven't played any of the ME games yet (bought ME2 from amazon the other day) and was looking at Metacritic and the user ratings for ME3 are really bad yet all the critic reviews are awesome... What gives.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2012, 03:58:01 PM »

Any user ratings at this point are just whiney kids you haven't played the game and are making fuss about stuff already mentioned.

Also note that your characters that you level up to 20 and "promote" (aka prestige) become war assets that can be repeatedly promoted for more worth. War assets do not decay.

Not sure how exactly Readiness works with multiplayer, but the war assets seem to stay put.

While I don't condone it either, but co-op really is fun, not to mention not adversarial. Just avoid buying anything for real money and just try it out with friends.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2012, 04:19:16 PM »

is there a non-bleak ending?  I personally wouldn't mind if the 'best' ending was still bleak.  Life sucks, happy endings are BS  ninja

all in all I like it because it encourages people to play MP while the game is hot instead of playing single player all by themselves in a bubble and then moving on to another game.  As a multiplayer enthusiast, I approve of anything that pushes people towards interaction with each other.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 06, 2012, 04:25:13 PM »

Oh, I understand the reasoning - But I also hope people can understand why there's a negative side to it. Basically, they are tying the multiplayer part of a game into the singleplayer part - not only is that a bad idea since a lot of people don't play multiplayer (Hell, there is a reason you can almost disable the shooter parts of the game, namely its wide appeal) but on the xbox specifically its a bad idea, since its an added cost.

A new one
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2012, 04:32:31 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 06, 2012, 03:29:29 PM

That's pretty shitty from Bioware or EA if true

Can we just call them bEAware for short? ninja

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2012, 04:50:29 PM »

Quote from: Purge on March 06, 2012, 04:32:31 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 06, 2012, 03:29:29 PM

That's pretty shitty from Bioware or EA if true

Can we just call them bEAware for short? ninja

HAHA,Bravo Sir,Bravo!!

High five!

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2012, 04:59:31 PM »

So I'm forced to play MP to get the best ending?  That's some bullshit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 06, 2012, 05:06:54 PM »

Okay here is the Edge review,while in the past other reviews have loved games,it seems EDGE go out of their way to be controversial and give the same game everyone is loving a low score,making me think sometimes that EDGE doesn't even like Video games Tongue

(take last week,most loved SSX,while EDGE gave it a 5/10)

with Mass Effect 3,i guess you could say it's still lower than everyone else's score,but still a good score...it gets an 8

however,listen(or maybe i should just say 'read') to this last paragraph
Itís a third and final chapter, then, with all that implies. Itís off-putting to new players, too busy tying up loose ends to dangle any threads of its own, and fails to stand up as its own game in the same manner as its predecessors. But itís also a spectacular, powerfully imagined and dramatically involving final act to one of gamingís richest sci-fi sagas. [8]

not sure they should put down that it's off putting to new players,just because its the third and final chapter,you could apply that to every 'last chapter' in a story arc,but whatever

FWIW-they gave the first Mass Effect game a 7 and Mass Effect 2 a 9

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2012, 05:19:42 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on March 06, 2012, 04:59:31 PM

So I'm forced to play MP to get the best ending?  That's some bullshit

well I didn't want to play with you anyway!  icon_twisted
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2012, 05:36:29 PM »

Oh I'm playing MP just don't like the mechanic if it affects SP.  btw,  I posted this question on Bioware main forum and a Community Manager stated that it's not needed but can only help SP. You just need to grind more side quest in SP

NiM$
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2012, 05:52:08 PM »

Everything I had read was that if you did all the side missions, it was the same effect as playing a lot of multiplayer and you could get the best ending.  Multiplayer just gives you a quicker, easier (and for me more fun) way to do it.  Also the multiplayer readiness points decay over real time.

Exactly.   If you do the side missions like you normally would, its a non issue.  Why would you skip them?  They are fun and part of the story.   

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2012, 06:17:38 PM »

Weird that PC gamer says something else then - Oh well, I guess we'll see.

A new one
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: March 06, 2012, 06:34:41 PM »

So is the Kinect voice feature available in the PC version? It would seem silly that voice commands wouldn't be kinect-only.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 06, 2012, 06:40:29 PM »

Well my femshep's hair got a little less orange and her eyes got a little less green.  Didn't feel like fixing it. The reversible cover was a nice touch. Are they selling copies in the stores with femshep on front? That would be kind of cool.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2012, 06:48:52 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 06, 2012, 06:40:29 PM

Well my femshep's hair got a little less orange and her eyes got a little less green.  Didn't feel like fixing it. The reversible cover was a nice touch. Are they selling copies in the stores with femshep on front? That would be kind of cool.

Open the dust jacket and flip it over

NiM$
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2012, 07:02:19 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on March 06, 2012, 06:48:52 PM

Quote from: Teggy on March 06, 2012, 06:40:29 PM

Open the dust jacket and flip it over

No, I said that was a nice touch - I was just wondering if they decided to sell copies with it already turned around.

lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2012, 07:05:19 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on March 06, 2012, 03:49:29 PM

from the article

That part is kind of cool. But the balance is incredibly harsh: I did every proper* quest I could find in Mass Effect 3, made sensible decisions that didnít conflict with my choices in the previous games, and brought people together. But I still got a gallingly bleak ending.

I said I did all the Ďproperí quests I could find Ė if you want to maximise your War Assets without playing multiplayer, youíll have to do the others. The only quests I had left were ones to scour certain systems for planets that arenít marked on your map, scan them, then fire a probe and return to the Citadel. Even compared to Mass Effect 2′s resource-scanning, these are dull.

The author does qualify near the end of the article that he didn't really complete ALL the available quests.  We'll have to see if that changes anything.   icon_confused
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 06, 2012, 07:16:43 PM »

Got the invalid face code error when importing my FemShep.  Had to customize her, but she looks pretty close to what I had before.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 06, 2012, 07:39:08 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on March 06, 2012, 07:16:43 PM

Got the invalid face code error when importing my FemShep.  Had to customize her, but she looks pretty close to what I had before.

Yeah, that's what I got. Is that what people are complaining about? I just figured they upgraded the engine and every face combination couldn't be exactly accounted for.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 06, 2012, 08:37:34 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 06, 2012, 07:39:08 PM

Quote from: The Grue on March 06, 2012, 07:16:43 PM

Yeah, that's what I got. Is that what people are complaining about? I just figured they upgraded the engine and every face combination couldn't be exactly accounted for.

well,is it just the Look that there is trouble,or the whole thing including decisions etc?..if it's just the look,then yeah that's fine,if not then that's shit

That whole cloud thing is not really a problem either,well if you still have Mass Effect 2 that is.. just stick it in,reload your cloud save and then resave it to your system and then put in ME3...should work then,shouldn't it?

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 06, 2012, 09:12:21 PM »

Bioware

Hi everyone

We are aware that some players are having issues importing the faces of characters from Mass Effect 1 or Mass Effect 2 into Mass Effect 3. The issue is likely in how faces were detected when imported from Mass Effect 1 into Mass Effect 2, and weíre working on the best way to correct it for affected players.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 06, 2012, 10:32:12 PM »

OK, who's the joker who thought it would be funny to hide my model collection all over the ship?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 06, 2012, 10:33:13 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 06, 2012, 10:32:12 PM

OK, who's the joker who thought it would be funny to hide my model collection all over the ship?

yeah, I'm not sure what is up with that.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: March 07, 2012, 02:48:32 AM »

Quote from: lex on March 06, 2012, 07:05:19 PM

Quote from: Razgon on March 06, 2012, 03:49:29 PM

from the article

I said I did all the Ďproperí quests I could find Ė if you want to maximise your War Assets without playing multiplayer, youíll have to do the others. The only quests I had left were ones to scour certain systems for planets that arenít marked on your map, scan them, then fire a probe and return to the Citadel. Even compared to Mass Effect 2′s resource-scanning, these are dull.

The author does qualify near the end of the article that he didn't really complete ALL the available quests.  We'll have to see if that changes anything.   icon_confused

The author is incorrect.  If the meter is maxed out, and you don't make shockingly dumb decisions, you won't get a "bleak ending".

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 07, 2012, 03:43:27 AM »

Pretty surprised to be asked to swap discs the first night I play it. I'm taking a break to install disc 2 now. Installing disc 1 seemed to help with load times which seemed awful from the disc. Game seems good so far. Annoyed at the import bug as I couldn't get my appearance quite like I remember it.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: March 07, 2012, 04:43:57 AM »

No Reckoning armor?
Is there a certain point in single player when the acquisition is announced or something?
Currently on Mars station and still no armor or chakram launcher.

Gonna eat your face
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 07, 2012, 05:01:32 AM »

Disc two thus far seems to be for side missions, disc one for main ones...
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 07, 2012, 07:51:27 AM »

Quote from: Mikagami on March 07, 2012, 04:43:57 AM

No Reckoning armor?
Is there a certain point in single player when the acquisition is announced or something?

once you get back on the ship, check your email. 

I have only played up to that point and other than not getting the same face I had in the last two games, all is good.  I did notice a bad clipping instance though in the hospital, but I can live with a few glitches in non-combat areas.  if it gets fubared during combat then I'll have a problem.

despite the annoyance factor, I let the chobot on to my ship.  may be enough to make the game end on a high note.  I made up for it by putting the other reporter in her place.  that was fun. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 07, 2012, 11:13:46 AM »

I've played up to my first Citadel visit and I am still on rails after one hour.  I hope I don't have to much more hand holding as I am ready to explore the Niormandy

NiM$
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 07, 2012, 11:44:58 AM »

Quote from: Caine on March 07, 2012, 07:51:27 AM

No Reckoning armor?

once you get back on the ship, check your email. 

I have only played up to that point and other than not getting the same face I had in the last two games, all is good.  I did notice a bad clipping instance though in the hospital, but I can live with a few glitches in non-combat areas.  if it gets fubared during combat then I'll have a problem.

despite the annoyance factor, I let the chobot on to my ship.  may be enough to make the game end on a high note.  I made up for it by putting the other reporter in her place.  that was fun. 

A small tip - People can be war assets as well.

A new one
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 07, 2012, 01:35:54 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on March 07, 2012, 11:13:46 AM

I've played up to my first Citadel visit and I am still on rails after one hour.  I hope I don't have to much more hand holding as I am ready to explore the Niormandy

It'll open up for you once you get finished with your citadel business and leave.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 07, 2012, 01:47:55 PM »

Any idea how large an install disk 2 is? I've installed disk 1, but only have about 2.7 Gig left on my meager 20 Gig HD...
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 07, 2012, 02:06:16 PM »

I hope I am not penalized much for sending Chobot off. I simply gave the answer that I thought my character would have given. That would be lame if a single conversation response to a reporter would have significant impact.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 07, 2012, 02:44:32 PM »

Can somebody please tell me what exactly is included in the Online Pass?,its not on the marketplace yet,so i can't look at the details...just interested

for those who are hesitating on 'From Ashes' DLC,i downloaded it yesterday ready for Fridays release,and it was 629mb

take into account that
Arrival was 781mb
Kasumi-Stolen Memory was 765mb
Zaeed(which was Mass Effect 2's online pass) was 422mb
Overlord was 840mb

so those hesitating....yeah i can't really help you Tongue

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: March 07, 2012, 02:50:42 PM »

No Reckoning armor?

TWO POSTS? Man, you must not be busy. slywink

Maggot
Gaming Trend Reader

Calculating Infinity

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 07, 2012, 03:03:29 PM »

Only played for like two hours but liking it so far, although the melodramatic moments has not worked at all and been rather laughable. My commandor is awesome though.

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 07, 2012, 03:09:48 PM »

Was your goal to create Daniel Craig with Down's Syndrome? 

I put in about 2 1/2 hours last night.  Having a blast so far.  I was a little surprised at the running animation.  It had that same feel that Skyrim has...floaty and disconnected to the earth he was running on.  But overall I thought it all looked good. 

The kinect integration has been fun so far.  I enjoy shouting out the answers to dialog choices but still haven't mastered using voice commands in battle. I need to learn the different power names I guess.

I played an MP match and color me pleasantly surprised.  I enjoyed it quite a bit.  Enough so that I'm looking forward to more.  Head to head games I lose interest in because I suck, but coop against an AI is a different matter.  I don't feel as horribly overwhelmed.  I look forward to leveling up my character.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: March 07, 2012, 03:11:47 PM »

Quote from: Maggot on March 07, 2012, 03:03:29 PM

Only played for like two hours but liking it so far, although the melodramatic moments has not worked at all and been rather laughable.

They were a little off for me too. Like they were trying too hard. About an hour in there was a
Spoiler for Hiden:
dream sequence
that I felt was way over the top and felt just wrong for the setting. It didn't really add anything either. It was just going the extra mile to really hammer home a particular scene in the intro mission that Bioware really wants us to feel something from. Good scenes don't need to be hammered in. They work on their own.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: