http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 08:42:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 12311 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2011, 04:33:15 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 16, 2011, 04:31:23 PM

I am really hoping they get rid of those annoying mission end summary screens,but i am not confident they will...how annoying it is playing ME2 to have the gameplay interrupted by these screens and then it loads you back on the Normandy afterwards....hello,i still had shit to do on Omega which is where i was!!!

there will be new end mission screens, rewarding you up to five gold stars and bonus points for stuff like enemies killed, items found and area completion time.  this will all be shown on leaderboards.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2011, 04:36:48 PM »

Oh, good.  Nothing makes a story-driven RPG more immersive than Score Attack game play.

-Autistic Angel
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2011, 04:41:49 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 16, 2011, 04:33:15 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 16, 2011, 04:31:23 PM

I am really hoping they get rid of those annoying mission end summary screens,but i am not confident they will...how annoying it is playing ME2 to have the gameplay interrupted by these screens and then it loads you back on the Normandy afterwards....hello,i still had shit to do on Omega which is where i was!!!

there will be new end mission screens, rewarding you up to five gold stars and bonus points for stuff like enemies killed, items found and area completion time.  this will all be shown on leaderboards.

HAHA,that's even worse.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2011, 07:38:54 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on August 16, 2011, 04:28:58 PM

God, I hate male Shepard so much!  He's the Aquaman of his own Justice League, except Superman, Batman, and Flash are perpetually wowed by his ability to interview trout.

I played through the first Mass Effect as male Shepard because I didn't know any better.  Then I imported him into Mass Effect 2 because I convinced myself he couldn't have been *that* bad compared to FemShep, and I wanted to see how his Paragon story differed from her Renegade actions.

But that's it.  That dude is not going to spoil another story with his blank stares and boring-ass line reads. disgust  FemShep 4 Life!

-Autistic Angel

You can keep your FemShep. I've completed ME1 with both, ME2 with male Shepard and halfway with FemShep. I'd choose male Shepard any day.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2011, 07:56:41 PM »

MALESHEP...even if he phones in his performance.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2011, 08:17:48 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on August 16, 2011, 04:27:37 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 16, 2011, 04:03:49 PM

While I appreciate what appears to be even better combat than featured in ME2, which obviously improved upon the system employed in the first game in the series, the ME2 trailer really grabbed me when it was unveiled, and this trailer looks more like a combat demo than an actual trailer.  With the ME series I want the story to grab me, not just the gameplay.  And while I'm completely in for ME3 sight unseen, I'd rather see a trailer that provides some storyline teasers (such as in ME2 when you hear someone say, "Shephard? But you're dead!"), as I had no problem with the combat in ME2 and would be fine with the same system again.  It was still leaps and bounds better than the first ME. 

I enjoy shooters, but ME isn't a shooter series, and I'm hopeful that the story isn't further sacrificed for more frenetic gameplay.  As the story in ME2 suffered a bit, I'm concerned that it may suffer further if the focus is too much on combat and not enough on story.  In ME2 I feel the combat was improved but the story degraded.

I agree very much - That is why things like Multiplayer components, "Better combat" and the like really doesn't do anything for me. I'm not playing Shephard for his manly shooting, I'm playing shephard because I want to save the damn universe and discover strange new things, beings and secrets! Can I do that in Multiplayer? I think not.

While it may not take away from the singleplayer, it is STILL spending money on something, where the same amount of money could have been invested to make the single player part even more immersive and interesting.

A new one
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2011, 08:38:03 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on August 16, 2011, 04:27:37 PM

With the ME series I want the story to grab me, not just the gameplay.  As the story in ME2 suffered a bit, I'm concerned that it may suffer further if the focus is too much on combat and not enough on story.  In ME2 I feel the combat was improved but the story degraded.

I don't think the focus on combat had anything to do with the fact that the overall story wasn't as good in ME2.  They made a decision to focus on the individual characters rather than the overarching plot.  Although many of the stories were extremely well-done, it was more of a series of short stories rather than one main narrative, and that's why it wasn't as compelling.  Now that we know most of the characters, ME3 looks to focus squarely on the war with the reapers, and I'd be shocked if the story is anything short of incredible.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2011, 09:14:12 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on August 16, 2011, 07:38:54 PM

You can keep your FemShep. I've completed ME1 with both, ME2 with male Shepard and halfway with FemShep. I'd choose male Shepard any day.

Mass Effect is the only series I've played where I feel like the default character model is a bad actor.  The disinterested voice acting aside, the dude always looks like he's just trying to keep it together: a totally unremarkable chode who accidentally stumbled into a position way above his pay grade and now has to concentrate intently on making sure no one ever catches on.

"Commander Shepard!  Thank God you're here: the Collectors are attacking the colony!"

"You were saying the Collectors Are Attacking The Colony?"

"Uhm, yeah.  Listen, you've got to help me!  I got separated from my wife and daughter in all the chaos!  Please, please, you have to help me find them!"

"Tell me what you know about All The Chaos."

"What?  What are you talking about!?  The colony is under attack!  Just what the hell kind of a specter are y-"

**Right Trigger**

"Excellent reflexes, Commander!  That agitated colonist must have been reaching for a hidden weapon!"

"Er-ffirmative.  Yes, kicking him out the window was the only way.  Come on, I have a feeling the Collectors are attacking one of the nearby colonies."

-Autistic Angel
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2011, 03:48:02 PM »

Looks like multiplayer is confirmed. And coop, from the sounds of it.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2011, 01:10:46 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on October 10, 2011, 03:48:02 PM

Looks like multiplayer is confirmed. And coop, from the sounds of it.

Dumb.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2011, 05:02:27 PM »

Developed by separate team, standalone, and only adds to the experience by providing another option to reach the best ending if you couldn't get it in single player due to other choices you made in singleplay, but does not replace one of those options.

Sorry if I can't see any reason why I shouldn't like this. And it's still silly for people to be whining about getting more value for a game.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2011, 10:14:09 PM »

love it or hate it...online pass confirmed

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-12-ea-details-mass-effect-3-online-pass

The new Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War system, unveiled this week, is activated once the code found in the Online Pass is entered. Buy the game second hand, and you'll have to buy the Online Pass to access the Galaxy at War.

Players use Galaxy at War in both the single-player campaign and "through a suite of Mass Effect games and applications". They will be on iOS devices and Facebook, as revealed earlier today.

Galaxy at War also connects players to their BioWare Social Network accounts to access downloadable content and add-ons.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2012, 01:40:36 PM »

It looks like EA is doing a Mass Effect 3 / Kingdoms of Amalur demo crossover.  Playing the ME3 demo gets you a weapon in KoA, while playing the KoA demo gets you a set of armor for ME3.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2012, 01:52:38 PM »

Is the KoA demo due at around the same time as the ME3 demo?

Nevermind i have found out its January 17th
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:55:29 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2012, 12:51:47 PM »

KoA demo is up now  1.9gig

EDIT:you get the Mass Effect 3 armour at the beginning of the demo and the Mass Effect 3 weapon at the end of the demo(2ish hours)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:02:05 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2012, 07:49:51 PM »

a bit on Kinect implementation: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/18/testing-kinect-in-mass-effect-3-plus-demo-coming-february-14/

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2012, 08:51:32 AM »

Game Trailers TV episode about the game: http://blog.bioware.com/2012/01/20/mass-effect-3-on-game-trailers-tv-gttv/

Because I can,
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2012, 07:27:54 PM »

Wugh!

I should probably clarify at some point that I'm a fan of the first two Mass Effect games and am really looking forward to playing the third...but god, kill *this* with fire.

-Autistic Angel
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2012, 07:33:24 PM »

Who is that and why is she wearing a swimsuit?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2012, 07:34:53 PM »

I believe it's supposed to be Snooki.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2012, 07:37:44 PM »

By the way, I started an ME1 replay last week and was surprised at how fugly a lot of the character faces are. The default male Shepard is like the only one who doesn't look mentally disabled, and Captain Anderson looks like he suffered a stroke. They really improved a lot between ME and ME2 and especially Dragon Age.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2012, 08:06:08 PM »

that's jessica chobot (supposedly), next in line to be on the short but growing list of "voice actors with in-game models based on themselves", a list I actually wish would stop.

that or a gremlin.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2012, 08:15:11 PM »

I thought it was Tara Reid as a brunette....

Because I can,
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2012, 08:22:38 PM »

Quote from: Caine on January 31, 2012, 08:06:08 PM

that's jessica chobot (supposedly), next in line to be on the short but growing list of "voice actors with in-game models based on themselves", a list I actually wish would stop.

Character models fashioned after their voice actors are okay with me.

I'm less enthusiastic about game journalists covering games that they, as actors, have helped create and advertise.

-Autistic Angel
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 08:24:41 PM by Autistic Angel » Logged
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2012, 08:40:40 PM »

I can see the resemblance. I think the job they did with Yvonne Strahovski was a lot more flattering.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2012, 08:46:28 PM »

I had no idea that EDI was Tricia Helfer.

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2012, 11:50:17 PM »

For what it's worth, that Jessica Chobot character does seem to look a little better in motion in the latest voice-acting preview...still a little off, but it's a reasonable resemblance.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2012, 03:32:47 PM »

the demo will offer temporary gold accounts for people to try the MP!

Many people have asked whether a gold Xbox Live account would be required in order to play the upcoming Mass Effect 3 multiplayer demo and the answer is Yes, a gold xbox live account will be required to play the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer demo.

Now, before you start ranting and crying and burning me in effigy.... <Professor Farnsworth>Good news, everyone!</Professor Farnsworth> The demo of Mass Effect 3 will include a limited time Gold access when you download the demo.

Here is the word I was just sent from our friends over at Microsoft:
"In celebration of ME3, Xbox is pleased to provide fans access to ME3 demo multiplayer for the time leading to launch.  Xbox LIVE Gold gives you exclusive benefits including multiplayer gaming, member-only deals & previews, and access to entertainment with Netflix, ESPN, Hulu Plus and more."

So now everyone with Xbox Live, whether you already have XBL Gold or not, will be able to play the Mass Effect 3 multiplay demo

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2012, 06:31:49 PM »

Why the hell would anyone hire Jessica Chobot for anything voiceover-related?  There are literally hours of her online talking in monotoned blandness.  Any one of those clips should make you think twice about hiring her.

Her virtual boobs look nice, though.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2012, 08:00:00 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 03, 2012, 06:31:49 PM

Why the hell would anyone hire Jessica Chobot for anything voiceover-related?  There are literally hours of her online talking in monotoned blandness.  Any one of those clips should make you think twice about hiring her.

Her virtual boobs look nice, though.

She probably banged one of the devs. Seriously.

At least the model looks good, and much more realistic than the last game.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2012, 05:57:58 PM »

Why the hell would anyone hire Jessica Chobot for anything voiceover-related?  There are literally hours of her online talking in monotoned blandness.  Any one of those clips should make you think twice about hiring her.

Susan Arendt wrote the definitive article on that question as far as I'm concerned.  This casting stunt doesn't make any sense: Chobot brings negative net talent to a cast of professional actors, and her presence could only possibly appeal to the very narrow segment of gamers ardent enough to recognize who she is, yet unsophisticated enough to believe the very existence of a "girl gamer" is a precious novelty.

You know who would have been a better casting choice?  Susan Arendt.  Tina Wood.  Jenn Cutter, Laura Foy, Lara Crigger, Carrie Gouskos, Meghan Watt, or any of the dozens of other thoughtful female game journalists with a demonstrated history of articulating thoughts into a microphone without sounding like remedial reading students.

I choose to avoid outlets like IGN and G4 specifically because of their decision to promote vapid dullards like Jessica Chobot.  It's easy because there are so many other places to find informed game coverage.  There aren't any alternatives to Mass Effect 3 -- if I want to complete the Commander Shepard trilogy, my only option now requires confronting Chobot's freaky doll-eyed stare.  Is a Renegade trigger action to boot her out the Normandy airlock too much to hope for?

-Autistic Angel
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2012, 10:49:23 PM »

Laura Foy should not be on that list.

Watch any of the Windows Phone 7 shill videos (Hot Apps) to see proof.

She was a decent journalist talking about ideas with Tina back in the day, but she is no actress at all and has become terrible at delivering words.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2012, 10:00:24 PM »

vaults for the 360 or PS3 by Calibur11:

icon_lol

Because I can,
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2012, 10:34:00 PM »

Why the hell would anyone hire Jessica Chobot for anything voiceover-related? 

I have no fucking clue who this chick is.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2012, 10:31:29 AM »

Internet celebrity. She's a decent talent. Good looking, a little geeky. I have no idea if she has a strong voice, but she has done hosting for various shows, so she can pull her weight. People don't like her because they think she's fake. I think she's good looking, and does a good job. What's more to ask of anyone?

As for those console cases. Now mind you, I'm a big mass effect fan, I'm making my own N7 armor costume for cosplaying at cons. But even I can't see the purpose behind those. It's just decoration that no one's really going to see or be impressed by, made for consoles that will be replaced in 2013. I would get a PC Case that was styled like mass effect armor, but PC cases can be used for a very long time.

Anyway, there's been some interesting reveals about how weapons and classes work.

First of which is that all classes can carry any weapon they want. So no more situations where your Adept is stuck with just a pistol. But I already posted about that.

However, to balance this, they have implemented a pretty interesting weight system. Basically, depending on your class, you can carry only so much weight worth of weapons, and I think some classes also only have one slot to carry a weapon in. I'm not sure if various weapon mods alter weight, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

The better the weapon is by default (an assault rifle compared to a basic pistol) the heavier it is usually. There aren't really distinct weapon classes that they break the guns down to anymore, it's mainly be weight and effectiveness, then mods. A developer has stated that the heaviest pistol is lighter than the lightest assault rifle.

The less weight you carry, the faster your abilities recharge, and I think there's some other benefits. Weight doesn't affect movement though, just recharges so far.

So while your biotic adept or tech engineer can certainly use that giant gun, you miss out on using some of your potent abilities more often.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 10:38:43 AM by Turtle » Logged
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2012, 07:27:33 PM »

Quote from: Greggy_D on February 08, 2012, 10:34:00 PM

Why the hell would anyone hire Jessica Chobot for anything voiceover-related? 

I have no fucking clue who this chick is.

She licked a PSP once.  That's the extent of her "talent" as far as I can tell.
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2012, 07:47:07 PM »

Actually twice.  Quite the talent.  Roll Eyes  Ugh.

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/46305/jessica-chobot-licks-a-psp/ Roll Eyes
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2012, 08:06:43 PM »

yeah, she licks one and it's OK, but I lick one and it's 'creepy'  disgust

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2012, 08:30:44 PM »

There are some new videos of the game in action here and a great trailer starring female Shepard here.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2012, 09:30:56 PM »

Jessica Chobot is always on inside Xbox videos from the dashboard every week,telling us how to get certain achievements,i do like her and think she is good looking,but i don't really want her in my games,its going to take a bit of the immersion away from the game IMO,but her part may not be too big or long,so i wont totally disagree until i have seen her in the game..gotta agree with Bully on the Virtual boobs though icon_biggrin

I'll be playing the demo on Tuesday,mainly because you get the Omniblades for KoA if you do thumbsup

The game itself i may wait a few weeks after launch,i played ME1 and 2 back to back with all the DLC just a few months back and totally burnt myself out with it absolutely sick of it by the time the end came,and truthfully not 100% ready to go back...see how i am come release date,but March is a pretty busy month anyway

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: