http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 11:46:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect 2 teaser and stuff! Now coming to the PS3!  (Read 29202 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 10, 2009, 04:51:02 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 10, 2009, 04:43:25 PM

I know he gets a lot of complaints but I really liked the voice acting for the Male Shepherd. 

It seemed to me like the guy dialed it in, I don't recall any range of emotion through the entire game.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: December 10, 2009, 05:36:34 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 10, 2009, 04:43:25 PM

I know he gets a lot of complaints but I really liked the voice acting for the Male Shepherd. 

I did too. He gave me the "Don't fuck around, I'm here to do business!" impression, which worked well for the role.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 10, 2009, 06:54:52 PM »

There's a video to go along with the cast announcement, if you don't mind a little spoilery stuff. Dorn isn't in it, but there's also one of the lawyers from Raising The Bar.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/masseffect2workingtitle/video/6242706?hd=1&tag=topslot;img;1
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 09:38:34 PM by Teggy » Logged

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: December 10, 2009, 09:15:22 PM »

I also didn't have a problem with the male Shepard voice.  However, I actually have a voice similar to the Male Shepard when I do voice acting and it can be difficult to pull off both the serious business attitude and extra emotion on top with a lower range voice.  There's certain inflections we do that are harder to pick up without going overboard.

The voice acting list doesn't surprise me now, games are a big business and few games are as big as Bioware productions.  Actors nowadays have no qualms with doing game voice work since it really can help further their careers and establish a following in our market demographic.  It's really no different from doing a full on scifi summer blockbuster, except you get less screen time.  Tongue

It is kind of odd that Martin Sheen is in it though.  Tongue
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 10, 2009, 10:14:33 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on December 10, 2009, 06:54:52 PM

There's a video to go along with the cast announcement, if you don't mind a little spoilery stuff. Dorn isn't in it, but there's also one of the lawyers from Raising The Bar.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/masseffect2workingtitle/video/6242706?hd=1&tag=topslot;img;1

Pretty sure that Dorn was in it- he said something like "I thought I was done with science fiction but..."
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: December 10, 2009, 10:40:57 PM »

Oh, hahahahaha...I think I just expected him to look like a klingon and didn't make the connection. That doesn't say much for his career.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 12, 2009, 04:10:23 PM »

a Sentinel class preview.  and no, you don't get to play a 3 story tall purplish robot with glowing eyes.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 12, 2009, 04:38:04 PM »

I'm starting to think I timed this perfectly.  I waited about a month on Dragon Age, and as a result, will probably be finishing it up right about the time ME2 comes out.  Not sure if back-to-back awesomeness like that is healthy, but I'm willing to risk it.

Bioware = The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 12, 2009, 05:11:19 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 12, 2009, 04:10:23 PM

a Sentinel class preview.  and no, you don't get to play a 3 story tall purplish robot with glowing eyes.

Looks interesting, but I think I'm still going Engineer.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 12, 2009, 05:27:07 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on December 12, 2009, 05:11:19 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 12, 2009, 04:10:23 PM

Looks interesting, but I think I'm still going Engineer.

I'm gonna keep going as an Infiltrator, since that's what class Ms. Shepard is in my main save game.

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: December 12, 2009, 09:42:53 PM »

I'm playing through ME1 as the sentinel, using a guide to make sure it's my last penultimate play through of ME1 so I'm ready for ME2 next month.

But, another bit of info I missed, but was wondering about until now was if you could change your character in any way after importing it from ME1 into ME2.  Thankfully, they've confirmed that you can change your class after importing, and that there will be many more customization options that they haven't revealed.

I'm combing through these class articles since I missed some info.

Every skill now has an evolved version of itself when you max out its bar.  So far that article mentions your main class powers, and the main class skill as evolvable, but there's probably more.  The game is balanced so that one play through will have to evolving maybe 2 or 3 powers in one play through.

Evolving the main class skill (Adept, Tech, etc...) often has a choice between direct damage boosts on your abilities, or cooldown reduction and a bonus to negotiation.

For those that didn't watch the video, one of the Sentinel's special things to differentiate them from a weaker Adept and Engineer combined is their tech armor, which greatly increases the shield strength of any armor you wear, and when your shields go out it releases a stun blast.  The tech armor can be upgraded like other skills to be even more powerful.

The soldier is the class that will have ammo type switching powers along with other stuff not yet revealed.

There will be more ways to get quests, many that you can miss if you don't try out some of the smaller things.  For example, there's a quest where you're drugged via a drink, but if you never get a drink you'll never experience it.

At the start of the game decisions you make can scar your character for life.

There's an auto-regen system, just like many FPS games these days.  I'm assuming it kicks in outside of combat, thus saving the medi-gels for use in combat.

You'll need to have a medi-gel to use the Unity revival power that the Sentinels have.

There's some mention of a shared power cool-down that's much faster to cool down, not sure what this means, but you will be using powers more in ME2.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 10:02:59 PM by Turtle » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 12, 2009, 09:51:37 PM »

I don't think I've seen anything about this: I wonder how they're going to handle bringing a leve 50-60 character over.

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: December 12, 2009, 10:05:26 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 12, 2009, 09:51:37 PM

I don't think I've seen anything about this: I wonder how they're going to handle bringing a leve 50-60 character over.

That was covered in one of the class interviews.  They've stated that it's going to be one of the things they track when you transfer characters over.  Everyone starts as level 1, so you won't be getting your full level back, that would just break the game.  However, you get bonuses to skills and other things if you have a higher level character.  There's bonuses for many other things as well, such as the various skill mastery achievements you could get.  Things like those mineral surveys add to your starting wealth factor, which gives you access to better equipment at the start of the game.

I'll likely be getting my character to level 60 in this latest run through.  Sadly, I will probably using PC cheats to get to 60 because I'm not going to do 2 complete run throughs.

It looks like they've removed the weapon and armor skills in the game.  Although it seems there are still some restrictions about the use of them, there are no details on how its handled now.  We do know that the game is trying to be more like a shooter so in the weapons you can use, they will be accurate.

I'm really considering that my first play through of ME2 will be a rush job as a renegade character, just to see how things can go horribly wrong if you don't build up the resources for the later parts of the game.  Then go back and experience everything as my Paragon Shepard.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 10:13:54 PM by Turtle » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 14, 2009, 03:57:13 PM »

a teaser for the full length trailer due December 22nd.

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 14, 2009, 05:00:12 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on December 12, 2009, 10:05:26 PM

That was covered in one of the class interviews. 

How do you get to level 60 anyway? I got to level 50, but it was at the very end of the game, and I did everything, including the DLC mission. Do you get more XP by playing on hard?

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 14, 2009, 05:04:43 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on December 14, 2009, 05:00:12 PM

That was covered in one of the class interviews. 

How do you get to level 60 anyway? I got to level 50, but it was at the very end of the game, and I did everything, including the DLC mission. Do you get more XP by playing on hard?

New Game+ I believe. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 14, 2009, 05:12:00 PM »

That was covered in one of the class interviews.  They've stated that it's going to be one of the things they track when you transfer characters over.  Everyone starts as level 1, so you won't be getting your full level back, that would just break the game.  However, you get bonuses to skills and other things if you have a higher level character.  There's bonuses for many other things as well, such as the various skill mastery achievements you could get.  Things like those mineral surveys add to your starting wealth factor, which gives you access to better equipment at the start of the game

I wonder if they're going to come up with a reason that you might not be as good as you were at the end of the first game or just kinda ignore it.  I remember the Ultima series did the same thing, even though you were technically the same character but had to start fresh every game, and they finally explained why in one of the later ones.  at least ME2 will give you bonuses for transferring your character over.

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 14, 2009, 05:18:06 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 14, 2009, 05:12:00 PM

That was covered in one of the class interviews.  They've stated that it's going to be one of the things they track when you transfer characters over.  Everyone starts as level 1, so you won't be getting your full level back, that would just break the game.  However, you get bonuses to skills and other things if you have a higher level character.  There's bonuses for many other things as well, such as the various skill mastery achievements you could get.  Things like those mineral surveys add to your starting wealth factor, which gives you access to better equipment at the start of the game

I wonder if they're going to come up with a reason that you might not be as good as you were at the end of the first game or just kinda ignore it.  I remember the Ultima series did the same thing, even though you were technically the same character but had to start fresh every game, and they finally explained why in one of the later ones.  at least ME2 will give you bonuses for transferring your character over.

I hope they let you pick a new class...because I want to play completely different in ME2.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 14, 2009, 05:26:57 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on December 14, 2009, 05:18:06 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 14, 2009, 05:12:00 PM

I hope they let you pick a new class...because I want to play completely different in ME2.

it will.

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 14, 2009, 05:32:21 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 14, 2009, 03:57:13 PM

So this is a trailer for a trailer?

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: December 15, 2009, 05:35:14 PM »

From the latest class overview video the Sentinel class actually looks badass.  It seems like they made an effort to design every class to be combat oriented and fun, instead of just pure support with pistols like the ME1 Sentinel.  I never would have played a sentinel in ME1, but the ME2 sentinel looks fun, and really strong. 

Thumbs up on the class designs so far.     
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 15, 2009, 05:51:53 PM »

Yeah, they've manged to make every class look like so much fun that I have no idea what class I want to pick this time out. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 15, 2009, 05:56:15 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 15, 2009, 05:51:53 PM

Yeah, they've manged to make every class look like so much fun that I have no idea what class I want to pick this time out. 

I can't wait to see what they do with the Infiltrator.  I had a blast playing it and thought it wa a great class already.

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: December 15, 2009, 10:56:10 PM »

Even the tiny tidbits about the soldier class sound interesting now, what with the ability to spawn in special ammo as needed.  Since weapon skills are going away, I suspect the soldier is going to change just as much as everything else.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 16, 2009, 08:08:41 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 14, 2009, 03:57:13 PM

What's odd about the teaser is that it's all CG, not in-engine scenes like they've always used before.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 16, 2009, 09:11:17 AM »

I'll likely be getting my character to level 60 in this latest run through.  Sadly, I will probably using PC cheats to get to 60 because I'm not going to do 2 complete run throughs.
It takes a huge amount of experience to get up to level 60.  I've played a character through twice and that only got me to 59, and IIRC based on the amount of XP needed to get from 59 to 60 it will take almost another half play through to get to 60.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: December 16, 2009, 10:30:24 AM »

Ah, well good thing I cheated then.  slywink

It's a single player game and I've already played it twice before, I think I've earned it.  The PC version still has achievements and recognizes the saves despite that, which is good since ME1 can get really tedious.
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 16, 2009, 12:39:18 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on December 16, 2009, 10:30:24 AM

It's a single player game and I've already played it twice before, I think I've earned it.  The PC version still has achievements and recognizes the saves despite that, which is good since ME1 can get really tedious.
I'm up to 830/1200 Gamerpoints.  I'm mostly missing the Tech Ability achievements and four of the six NPC Ally achievements.  I've had vague thoughts of finishing them up, but then I realize that getting the Ally achievements would probably require me to muck around with the Mako on unexplored planets, and that does indeed sound rather "tedious."

I might give it another run through right before ME2 comes out and just do a straight shot through the story planets, remind myself about the universe and the plot points, and try to hit level 60.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: December 16, 2009, 05:38:49 PM »

Almost done here.  Just have Virmire left and I'm looking through the guide for any side quests I missed.

One of the reasons why I went back to replay this fourth time was on my second paragon play through (to recreate my paragon game from my 360 play through) I didn't pick the Colonist background, as such I didn't get the personal side-mission that I'd wanted.  This time around I did, and the Colonist's personal side-mission is a very short, heart-breaking mission dealing with a woman named Talitha.

Also, I checked up on some more info:

From videos, it looks like the soldier class can use his weapon heat sinks as explosives from any normal weapon he can equip.

The sentinel was basically changed from ME1's weak jack of all trades into ME2's tank class that is also a jack of all trades.  It's the most survivable class, and that durability allows you to get in close or into fire for long enough to use your powers.  Due to this, the sentinel also gets proficient in a few more weapon types than his ME1 counterpart (in ME1 he only had a slight proficiency in pistols, but couldn't be raised that high) no word on exactly what weapons.

The Tech powers, besides hacking, tend to be elemental based, such as sending out a freezing blast that will both stun enemies for a time (freezing them) and lowering their damage resistance and enabling them to be shattered quickly.

Some bad news for ME1 Romances, small spoiler:
Spoiler for Hiden:
All ME1 love interests aren't recruitable for your squad in ME2.  However, there's a good story reason for this, and they will be making appearances.  It's the whole, where I go I can take no one that I care for kind of deal.

In addition to the prior confirmation that you can change the class of an imported character, you can also change his or her appearance.

On what happens if you start ME2 without importing a save: "If a player has no Mass Effect save files, Mass Effect 2 will start with an introduction sequence which, in combination with interactive decisions made by the player, introduces new players to the storyline and establishes a “canon” backstory."

I think most people know this, but cover is entered manually by pressing a button.  Just like Gears of War/Uncharted.  On the whole, the game plays more like a third person shooter of that style.

More weapon sub-types: Heavy Pistol or Submachine guns can fill your pistol slot.  The heavy pistol is basically the ME1 pistols.  The SMG is just that.  Also confirmed are auto-shotguns and burst fire rifles.  All classes can use the heavy weapon, as it basically replaces the grenade.

The thermal clip (heatsink) system is looking to be very much like the standard ammo/reload system in disguise.  A thermal clip can be used in any gun, however each clip can only contain so much heat, thus each gun has a limited amount of shots it can fire before it fills the thermal clip and overheats.  The amount of shots you get from each "clip" therefore is determined by the gun you use, and any modifications on it.  This is what the "ammo" indicator is for the weapons, the current amount of shots before overheat.  Currently it's unknown if there is more nuance to this system beyond being a dressed up ammo/reload system, the devs have not commented on this aspect.  Either way, this change doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother others, as combat seems to go more smoothly, it does at least do a good job of explaining a universal ammo system though.

Like in ME1, you still auto-pickup loot from dead enemies, this includes thermal clips.

Like Dragon Age, it's looking like there will be day 1 DLC available, those with the collector's edition get access to the Cerberus network (likely just an ME2 social site).  The Cerberus network supposedly keeps adding little updates to ME2 though, like small minor DLC, also like Dragon Age, and probably gives you that day 1 DLC for free.  More info will be revealed around new years.

Every class gets its own unique thing, no more generic hybrid classes.  Also, "All classes in Mass Effect 2 get a similar, cool, class power that also improves their ability to negotiate. We wanted to reward role players in Mass Effect 2 who invest in negotiation by giving them powerful combat benefits in addition to negotiation bonuses."  But, it's still a trade off as the other evolution choice usually gives much higher damage.

Garrus has been very busy since ME1.

Next info update is tomorrow, the 17th which is supposedly when new info and a major embargo lifts.  Apparently today is when a lot of reviewers are getting their review code versions of the game.

About the Normandy's changes, small spoiler:
Spoiler for Hiden:
You'll have a new ship, the Normandy SR2, which is much bigger than the SR1.  It's about twice as big, has 4 decks, and is a fixed wing configuration, so no more robotech style engines.  This does mean there's more to explore on the ship.  With 10 potential team members, now functionality and possible upgrades, you'll need the space. slywink

As an example of evolving powers when you max them out, the Throw biotic power can become a Heavy throw, which throws with more force and damage, or a Throw Field, which has an AoE for crowd control.  There's mention of a deep cryoblast, probably a harder hitting version of the cryo blast, and the heavy overload.

Overall, there will be more "combos" in using powers and weapons.  Previously mentioned, you could use the biotic abilities pull and throw to pick people up into the air, then toss them off cliffs.  You can also do things like freeze enemies with tech powers, then throw them to shatter them.  The singularity and overload powers once used, can be detonated using the warp power, adding even more damage.

You can learn abilities from squad mates, similar to DAO.

There will be multiple (and very cool) ways to collect and store trophies and other memorabilia gathered from missions or locales.  Some of them are pretty suave.  Spoiler with two mentioned:
Spoiler for Hiden:
There's a fish tank on the new Normandy SR2, you can buy sea life from planets you visit to put in the tank.  There's also a trophy case as well.

You'll be able to check the status of and equip all characters from a single terminal and interface.

You can customize Shepard's casual outfit (the one he wears while on the Normandy, and probably elsewhere).

When in the planet scanning mini-game, you have a limited number of probes to send down.  The mini-game itself will have quite a bit of depth.

Bioware states: "...taking the time to survey the universe will not only add side stories, but also tie directly into the main plot."
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 06:35:11 PM by Turtle » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 16, 2009, 06:13:25 PM »

it sounds like I better get my ME replays out of the way, because after ME2 it may seem old and clunky  icon_lol

Because I can,
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 16, 2009, 08:14:52 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on December 16, 2009, 05:38:49 PM

Almost done here.  Just have Virmire left and I'm looking through the guide for any side quests I missed.

One of the reasons why I went back to replay this fourth time was on my second paragon play through (to recreate my paragon game from my 360 play through) I didn't pick the Colonist background, as such I didn't get the personal side-mission that I'd wanted.  This time around I did, and the Colonist's personal side-mission is a very short, heart-breaking mission dealing with a woman named Talitha.
Interesting.  So have you done all three (I'm assuming it's three) background missions?  I remember running into the Spacer background mission, but don't remember if I managed to finish it.  All I remember of it was (*** minor spoiler ***) getting to call my mom who was serving on some space cruiser.  That part was kind of cool.  It made Shepherd feel more like a real person, with parents and everything.

Are all the background missions found on the Citadel?  I seem to recall the Spacer background mission was awful easy to miss.  IIRC it was triggered by some random guy sitting in one of the Citadel corridors.  I don't think he's there on the initial Citadel visit either (although he might have been, and I just missed him).
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: December 16, 2009, 11:50:37 PM »

Yep, all background missions are on the citadel.  The Earthborn background involves a gang member from your youth on Earth that you used to run with.  For the Colonist background Talitha is a freed slave from your home colony that was wiped out when slavers took everyone, it's heartbreaking
Spoiler for Hiden:
since she was taken since the age of 6 and barely knows a life other than harsh, harsh slavery where she was treated less than an animal, she's in the docking bay, hard to miss and wants to kill herself.
  I'm hoping they put some mention of her in ME2.

Your service record doesn't do as much as the background, it only affects the dialog in a set few missions, but is still a nice touch.  I wonder if they'll add more mentions and background missions in ME2.

There's quite a few missions to miss, including a very small side mission where you help resolve a dispute between a pregnant woman who recently lost her husband to a rare genetic heart defect, and the husband's brother who wants her to undergo genetic treatment to correct it while the baby is still developing.

The soldier class has access to all 4 special ammo powers.  Looks like the special ammo now is based on class powers.  The soldier is also confirmed to have a slow time ability that does what it says, slows down time making it easier to aim weapons, not sure what else it does at higher levels.  Considering you also are proficient in all 4 weapon types as a soldier, and each weapon can be customized for different purposes, you'll basically have a weapon for every situations, the time to aim them, and the right ammo type for the job.

There are 4 special ammo types, activated by power use (no word on what other weapon upgrades there are outside of powers).  Concussion, a single powerful concussive shot that stuns enemies and does AoE damage.  Cryo rounds, freezes enemies making them take more damage and can be shattered.  Incendiary rounds, which hurts units over time, and can panic unshielded enemies. Finally there's Disruptor rounds, which does extra damage to shields and synthetic enemies.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 12:58:29 AM by Turtle » Logged
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: December 18, 2009, 12:35:36 AM »

New ME2 info today, and links

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1055806p1.html

You won't be able to switch out your armor anywhere mid mission now, instead you do it at armor lockers.  This is likely due to memory constraints since the new armor system has a lot more to it.

Medi-gel is only used to revive fallen teammates.

The decryption and electronics minigames have changed, one is a Memory One style game where you match wires, the other you match code sequences as they scroll by.

Early game spoilers, but just the first hour and a half or so.  You were warned:
Spoiler for Hiden:
The opening scene is the Normandy being gutted by an unknown alien ship.  Shepard races around the ship getting people to their escape pods, finally rushing to get Joker into a pod despite him protesting that he can still save the ship.  Just as Shepard pushes joker into the pod, the Normandy's hull buckles, and breaks flinging Shepard out into space, in the process it also tears holes in Shepard's suit.  As he floats there, you see him slowly run out of air, and die.  Yes, die.

A bit later, you wake up on a table in a lab being rebuilt by Cerberus, the shadowy organization you hunted down in ME1 which started with Admiral Kohoku and Banes.  This is why you can change your appearance and class.  In a fifth element style scene you're rebuilt, parts replaced with advanced tech, and brought back.  However, you also bear nasty scars from the process.  Early on you look like something from the terminator.

This Cerberus base also doubles as a tutorial, as soon as after you wake up you find the base has come under attack by unknown forces consisting primarily of synthetic combat units, not geth, but drones you see in videos (which by the way have cool voices like GLADOS).  You team up with two of your first teammates, Miranda and Jacob, to fight your way out.  From the very beginning you'll meet Tali there at the base and other Quarian commandos for a short reunion, and a bit of intrigue as even they're not sure what's going on with the attack, but they're there for a reason, likely having to do with events in the novels where Cerberus attacks the Migrant Fleet.

If you're seen videos, you'll also notice that they've overhauled a lot of the effects.  In ME1, it could get hard to see things as the effects, even light arms fire filled up the screen.  Now most effects are understated, weapons fire looks more like small tracer rounds now, but you can still see them in flight.  Biotics are also much easier to see through.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 18, 2009, 12:50:11 AM »

I think it's time to start avoiding the written previews for anything other than the classes....

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 18, 2009, 02:19:55 AM »

a new interview, but most importantly:

This interview is being published on December 17. Will you be complete by then?

Cho: I hope so. I want to send everyone home for Christmas! We would've hopefully started the manufacturing process by then.

The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.

Because I can,
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: December 18, 2009, 02:45:59 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 18, 2009, 02:19:55 AM

Cho: I hope so. I want to send everyone home for Christmas! We would've hopefully started the manufacturing process by then.

Didn't Turtle post earlier that reviewers were getting their copies any day now? 
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: December 18, 2009, 04:49:09 AM »

Confirmed: Much more facial customization options, better looking, and you can make a decent looking Asian male face this time.  Being Asian myself, and hating how few there are in media, this is good news to me. slywink

On the forums, it was said review code is going to the press.  Not sure when they got to play these 1 and a half hour previews, but it seems like it was a little while back, and the embargo is just lifting on it now.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 18, 2009, 05:10:09 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 18, 2009, 02:45:59 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 18, 2009, 02:19:55 AM

Didn't Turtle post earlier that reviewers were getting their copies any day now? 

haven't games been delayed before even after the review code went out?  until they say it's RTM I'm not counting on anything, not even this ancient gypsy good luck CD-ROM against delays.

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: December 18, 2009, 07:48:18 AM »

The infiltrator class now has a tactical cloak power, which does exactly what it sounds like, makes you invisible (to an extent) for a short period.  Kind of fitting for an infiltrator.

Using powers happens more instantly this time, especially when using powers from teammates.

SMGs are good at taking out biotic and kinetic barriers (shields) due to something with their high rate of fire.  Heavy pistols punch though armor.  Burst rifles are more accurate, of course.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 18, 2009, 01:46:25 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on December 18, 2009, 04:49:09 AM

Not sure when they got to play these 1 and a half hour previews, but it seems like it was a little while back, and the embargo is just lifting on it now.

Yeah, I think it was at least a month ago.  I remember someone on GAF reporting that they were going but couldn't report on it until the 17th. 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: