http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 07:51:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect 2 teaser and stuff! Now coming to the PS3!  (Read 28943 times)
Autistic Angel
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 06, 2009, 10:50:55 PM »

Is there any place to preorder the CE except the EA store?  Neither GameStop nor Amazon seem to have entries for anything but the standard edition so far....

-Autistic Angel
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 06, 2009, 10:59:04 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on November 06, 2009, 10:50:55 PM

Is there any place to preorder the CE except the EA store?  Neither GameStop nor Amazon seem to have entries for anything but the standard edition so far....

-Autistic Angel

they'll probably have it up soon. It was just announced and they probably don't have sku's for it yet to put in their system.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2009, 02:48:13 AM »

What system? Gamestop has the ME2 CE for both 360 and PC up for pre purchase on this page....

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=mass%20effect

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2009, 03:01:10 AM »

they just put those up, they weren't there earlier when I checked myself.  even the guy at the store couldn't find it in their system.

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 14, 2009, 07:08:17 PM »

Gametrailers has some new videos, including one showing off the new Vanguard class.  Gotta love the Hulk-style charge attack slywink  It also sounds like they got a big name to voice "Illusive Man" - Martin Sheen.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 07:23:06 PM by EddieA » Logged

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: November 15, 2009, 12:04:52 AM »

Finally, a salarian squad member.  Really liked those guys after Virmire.

But not just a salarian, but one that talks like Shatner on speed.  Awesome.

Don't worry, no spoilers in that video besides one small partial objective.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 12:47:39 AM by Turtle » Logged
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 16, 2009, 09:24:01 PM »

Watching an interview re: ME2 on Giant Bomb it was nice to hear that the game is a little longer than the first one.  I didn't find the first game short at all (indeed it took me something like 50 hours I think) but I was halfway worried that they would remove a lot of content and it would end up significantly shorter. 
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: November 17, 2009, 12:21:04 AM »

It looks like a lot of the tedium has been removed.

The planetary exploration is handled from the galactic map instead of dropping down to the planet via the mako.  You move the cursor around on a spherical planet model to scan for interesting sites, like the minerals from before.  When you actually drop down to a planet, the locations are supposedly more hand crafted, some will still involve vehicle combat but will feel more like the intros to the big story missions where you're driving through paths and obstacles.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 17, 2009, 01:49:30 AM »

Well against all better judgment, this is on my radar.  The videos look great.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 17, 2009, 01:53:34 AM »

I dont get the Mako hate. I can understand getting less exp sucked for some. Never bothered me. I really liked driving that moonbuggy around. The one thing I didn't like were too tall hills where I either got stuck or could not go over. Other than that it was fun running over stuff, exploring a planet, and shooting from the ride smile As someone else said I LOVED that in Starflight and Star Control 2. That was probably my favorite parts.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 17, 2009, 01:56:00 AM »

they should give you the option to pimp your Mako.  throw in some neon underlights, tune up the hyrdraulics, toss some massive bass speakers in the trunk, put a jesus on the dashboard....

oh, and fuzzy dice!

Because I can,
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 17, 2009, 02:14:09 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 17, 2009, 01:56:00 AM

they should give you the option to pimp your Mako.  throw in some neon underlights, tune up the hyrdraulics, toss some massive bass speakers in the trunk, put a jesus on the dashboard....

oh, and fuzzy dice!

you never know...might be able to do it this time, but it won't be on the Mako.  they've been very tight-lipped about the vehicle this time around, but what they have said is that it's something new and not the Mako again...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: November 17, 2009, 05:52:57 AM »

I loved the Mako sequences as well (except on extremely mountainous planets), to a large degree because they reminded me of Star Control 2.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 17, 2009, 11:07:18 PM »

The new, "Final" box art:

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 17, 2009, 11:13:40 PM »

huh? what happened to the other, super cool rainy shiny cover??

A new one
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 17, 2009, 11:17:50 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 17, 2009, 11:13:40 PM

huh? what happened to the other, super cool rainy shiny cover??

That's for the CE only.  The above is the regular edition art.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 20, 2009, 04:48:15 AM »

the Collectors.  I only watched a bit up until they started talking about other enemies, but that one Collector reminded me a lot of a Shadow from Babylon 5.

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 22, 2009, 02:22:25 AM »

From the official facebook page:

Man, so much time tied up today in meetings and "secret stuff" I didn't get any time with ME2 at all. =( Still with the coming surprise for next week on the ME2 website, I'm sure fans will forgive me for no update. Did I, Evil Chris Priestly, just drop a hint? Yes. Yes I did.

I am getting quite excited for this, it sure is looking like it's shaping up to be good.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 22, 2009, 04:00:57 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 22, 2009, 02:22:25 AM

From the official facebook page:

Man, so much time tied up today in meetings and "secret stuff" I didn't get any time with ME2 at all. =( Still with the coming surprise for next week on the ME2 website, I'm sure fans will forgive me for no update. Did I, Evil Chris Priestly, just drop a hint? Yes. Yes I did.

I am getting quite excited for this, it sure is looking like it's shaping up to be good.

It is indeed. 

I'm just waiting for the 'delayed until fall' announcement.....

Because I can,
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 22, 2009, 06:08:59 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 17, 2009, 11:07:18 PM

The new, "Final" box art:

Oh god that's gotta be the worst $&%^in' box art I've ever seen.  That box art makes me NOT want to play the game.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: November 22, 2009, 09:39:17 AM »

Yeah, it's pretty bad. Doesn't seem to fit the game at all.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: November 22, 2009, 09:53:06 AM »

Blame it on Call of Duty since they're focusing on the whole action shooter aspect.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 22, 2009, 10:42:48 AM »

looks like the only way to remedy that is get the CE for both 360 and PC.

Because I can,
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 22, 2009, 10:59:45 AM »

Actually to be perfectly honest I don't like the CE version either.  I feel like I'm looking at a Goodyear tire commercial or something
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 25, 2009, 10:05:56 PM »

the adept class.

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: November 25, 2009, 10:51:14 PM »

Yep, that looks much more fun to play.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 27, 2009, 03:33:16 AM »

another returning character, one that I liked having on my team.

Because I can,
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 30, 2009, 03:52:57 PM »

Transcript of a roundtable interview: http://www.digitalchumps.com/gamingnews/1-latest-news/4191-roundtable-interview-mass-effect-2-executive-producer-casey-hudson-part-1.html

By far the most informative interview I've read regarding the game.  Really sounds like they took the feedback from the first game very seriously.  I didn't see much in the way of story spoilers but there are some gameplay and location spoilers in there. 

Cannot wait for the end of January to come. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 30, 2009, 04:12:33 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 30, 2009, 03:52:57 PM

it's going to be delayed.

[/jaded_gamer]

I'm planning on restarting my PC playthrough just after new years, just so I have both a Paragon and a Renegade save game ready to go.  I figure by then I should have finished Dragon Age.

Because I can,
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 30, 2009, 04:15:23 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 30, 2009, 04:12:33 PM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 30, 2009, 03:52:57 PM

it's going to be delayed.

[/jaded_gamer]

I'm planning on restarting my PC playthrough just after new years, just so I have both a Paragon and a Renegade save game ready to go.  I figure by then I should have finished Dragon Age.

I'm in the middle of a replay on the PC (was just working on Bring Down the Sky last night in fact).  I tried really hard to do it differently than i did on the 360 but I just can't.  In my mind the way I played ME1 originally was the "one true way" and it just doesn't feel right to select different choices.  I might try again and play as a female- maybe that will change things up enough. 
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: November 30, 2009, 04:16:03 PM »

I doubt it will be delayed further.  A January release date sounds more like they pushed it back out of the holiday release season to avoid competing with Dragon Age, and everything else being released.

I also find it hard to play a different way, although ME makes it a bit easier to play a Renegade because he's not childishly evil in his actions, just brutally efficient, but at the end of the day is still working for a greater good.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 04:17:38 PM by Turtle » Logged
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 30, 2009, 04:25:17 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on November 30, 2009, 04:16:03 PM

I also find it hard to play a different way, although ME makes it a bit easier to play a Renegade because he's not childishly evil in his actions, just brutally efficient, but at the end of the day is still working for a greater good.

I think that's one of Bioware's biggest accomplishments with ME1.  While the overall range of possible character types was smaller (ie there really wasn't a true evil), they allowed much more granularity in the choices they did provide.  It was the first Bioware game where I was able to actually stay fairly middle of the road with my Paragon points only slightly outweighing Renegade points.  In most of their games I end up lilly white because the other choices are so descipable there really is no choice.  In Mass Effect I ended up feeling like Shepherd was more fully defined than previous Bioware main characters.  I was able to create a character who was completely loyal to his fellow troops while being a total ass to people standing in his way, especially bureaucrats.

I think the only other game that I've played that did as good of job in this aspect is "The Witcher".  Though KOTOR 2 came pretty close as well.   
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: November 30, 2009, 04:50:22 PM »

By the way, thanks for the link to the interview Kevin.  A lot of good info in there, but also a great relief to hear that all the stuff they've shown so far is just the tip of the iceberg.  Even the enemies they've shown already, which I thought was a decent spoiler even though I'm sure they'd be introduced early on in the game like the Geth were in ME1, aren't the true main enemy, so we'll see even more enemies as the game progresses.

Some awesome new info I noted in the interview, non spoilers, although I may have touched on these already:

Planetary exploration is now done first main from a planetary scan mini-game.  You have a 3d world that you rotate around with a scanning cursor.  You'll hear sounds, have the controller rumble, along with seeing visible markers on the planet's surface.  From that mini-game you scan those things, and things you scan can lead to other things, which may lead to opening up new N7 missions.  Basically all those minor locations and scans are basically sending down probes and teams to check things out, no more need to drive a clunky Mako all over wasting time to find every resource, but when you locate something that deserves attention from the Spectre himself, that's what triggers an N7 mission where Shepard actually drops down to the surface.  This way, you still get the exploration of the previous game, without the tedium, and now each landing site is unique and hand crafted by level designers.

The resource collection games seem to have more bearing in the game now.  Instead of just giving some XP and gold, and quest progression, each resource you survey adds into a pool where one use of the pool is to determine a kind of "wealth" determining what gear you are able to buy.

Armor is very customizable now, and is obtained in pieces that you assemble in an Armor Locker on Normandy.  You can customize the color, certain details like the shininess, and more.  And of course each piece has properties to it that affect accuracy, shields, armor, etc.  Not sure if you can do this for all teammates, but this addition adds in some great, old school style loot management on top of even more customization.  I know we all had certain armors we loved the look of (the desert and urban camo patterned armors were great) but didn't like the manufacturer or stats, now we can have both.  Not to mention certain returning teammates had awesome looking armor but colored weirdly.

Weapons still have unlimited ammo, however these "reloads" and limited ammo you've been seeing or hearing about aren't quite what it seems.  The overheat system is still in the game for weapons, however you can find and purchase Heat Sinks that a weapon dumps heat into that you eject from the gun and reload.  Also, you buy the special ammo types now and can switch them on the fly, but now you have a limited amount of them.

(will add more as I find it)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 05:55:56 PM by Turtle » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 30, 2009, 05:43:41 PM »

thanks for the cliff notes Turtle! thumbsup  this game sounds like it's going to be even better than the first, especially the exploration part.

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: November 30, 2009, 05:51:21 PM »

Oh and all the side stuff you do in the game is all now building up towards the game's story and final confrontation.  We all know how the game is Shepard basically building a suicide squad, but he's not just recruiting people.  Gathering those resources, probes, surveys, exploration, upgrades, side missions, contacts, allies, etc... all add something when it comes to making that final confrontation, which sounds very, very cool, and that's on top of the more instant rewards of wealth, items, and more.

You can upgrade all sorts of stuff in the game, weapons, armor, weapon mods, armor mods, even the Normandy itself through research terminals.  These upgrades, they say, will have impacts on the story as well as gameplay.  One example they give is with Normandy upgrades, actually upgrading the ship will not only have the ship display different properties while playing, but story segments will also play out differently and show off the effects of those upgrades.

For us dedicated RPG gamer types, this is basically a reward for us being pretty meticulous in exploring the world.

Also, after the main story is over, you can go back and play through missions and explore things that you might have missed.  You'll also be able to do a New Game+ again, importing a character you finished the game with and starting over at the higher level and with the same gear.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 05:59:16 PM by Turtle » Logged
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 30, 2009, 05:57:10 PM »

After being enormously happy with the integration of collectibles in both Arkham Asylum and Assassins Creed 2, it sounds like ME2 is going to do an excellent job as well at making side stuff matter in terms of either story or gameplay. 
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 01, 2009, 03:38:16 AM »

New character revealed - Samara, an Asari.  The article also reveals that one of the locations in the game is Illium, the Asari homeworld.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: December 01, 2009, 04:02:24 AM »

Good to know we won't have to take Ms. Badass Biotic Bitch if we want powerful biotics in the squad.

Although I know who is going to be my tech girl again in ME2.  slywink

Oh and those interrupt events during conversations are broken down into types, Paragon and Renegade, not sure if there's a generic interrupt.  Thus if you have points in paragon and renegade, but want to focus on one or the other in a particular situation, you can just skip the interrupts that are labeled as the other type.

The grenades from ME1 are gone, replaced by the heavy weapon type in ME2, which I'm glad for.  Not that I didn't use grenades, but they were finicky, difficult to use at times.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 04:07:53 AM by Turtle » Logged
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 04, 2009, 04:58:54 AM »

Mass Effect 2 is going to be on 2 DVDs!!!  o_0
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 04, 2009, 05:04:02 AM »

I plan to use the tattoo lady in my second play through when Im evil Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: