http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 05:02:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass effect 2 Launch and impressions (the REAL One)  (Read 39112 times)
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #560 on: February 06, 2010, 08:10:06 PM »

Razgon:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Miranda is a biotic, but she's not a powerful biotic, neither is Thane or Jacob.  Your two most powerful biotics are Jack and Samara.  Jack has more raw power (especially if you upgrade her) and Samara has more discipline.  If you think about it, to get through that segment you need a powerful biotic, not just one that is good at it.

Salvation through destruction is just the Reapers being all high and mighty.  They view organic life as completely useless, so they give organics a purpose by harvesting them all, destroying them in the process, but giving them a kind of salvation by using them to create new reapers.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 06, 2010, 08:20:15 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on February 06, 2010, 07:50:33 PM

So - completed the game, at a glorious 34 hours...man . this is one great game! Especially the end is...wow!  icon_eek

I was at the edge of the seat several times, and yelled out several times, in joy and anger!

best game ever! Its a cinematic experience to be sure, and some may say its less of a game for it, but for me, its more of a game.

some spoilers re the ending

Spoiler for Hiden:
I had one team member die after miranda's biotic barrier - is there any way to avoid that? I'm thinking taking the Justicar instead, but why? Also, I decided NOT to save the station for research...does the fact that I see thousands of what appears to be reaver ships afterwards have anything to do with that, or is that just a portent of things to come?

Also, there was some cryptic remarks at the end that makes me wait anxiously for the 3rd game!

re that:

Spoiler for Hiden:
We are your salvation through destruction? What is up with that? I'm thinking they mean we will destroy ourselves if allowed to continue? And what about the thing Harbinger said about more powerfull beings?

GIVE ME MASS EFFECT 3 NOW!

thanks, GOTY, I had a great time

what's up with is
Spoiler for Hiden:
those dudes are crazy. they destroyed many civilizations. they are death
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 06, 2010, 11:56:09 PM »

Can someone give me a subtle hint if there is another possible LI with a hotter female?

Miranda - face is too fat and has bad teeth
<name deleted> - needs more hair
helmet head - obvious reasons

if you think of miranda as yvonne it helps a lot. also get the black suit for her.

there's kelly, but that doesn't count for the acheesemint.

Just put her in the alternate uniform and put a bag over her head.

Personally I've had a thing for her since the beginning.  I think it's the accent.

possibly the funniest exchange in forum history
Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 07, 2010, 12:30:54 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on February 06, 2010, 07:50:33 PM

So - completed the game, at a glorious 34 hours...man . this is one great game! Especially the end is...wow!  icon_eek

I was at the edge of the seat several times, and yelled out several times, in joy and anger!

best game ever! Its a cinematic experience to be sure, and some may say its less of a game for it, but for me, its more of a game.

some spoilers re the ending

Spoiler for Hiden:
I had one team member die after miranda's biotic barrier - is there any way to avoid that? I'm thinking taking the Justicar instead, but why? Also, I decided NOT to save the station for research...does the fact that I see thousands of what appears to be reaver ships afterwards have anything to do with that, or is that just a portent of things to come?

Also, there was some cryptic remarks at the end that makes me wait anxiously for the 3rd game!

re that:

Spoiler for Hiden:
We are your salvation through destruction? What is up with that? I'm thinking they mean we will destroy ourselves if allowed to continue? And what about the thing Harbinger said about more powerfull beings?

GIVE ME MASS EFFECT 3 NOW!

thanks, GOTY, I had a great time

Spoiler for Hiden:
You get the cutscene of the Reaper armada whether you keep or blow the Collector base. It is just a harbinger (ha!) of things to come in ME3.

And yes, that final run was awesome.
Spoiler for Hiden:
I had Miranda leading the second team and when she was gut-shot at the door and slumped down my heart stopped for a second. Then she got up and shook it off. That flimsy black outfit must be stronger than it appears. Also, I almost felt sorry for the Collector leader when Harbinger deserted him at the end, just before the station blew up. "You have failed. ... Releasing control."
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 07, 2010, 03:05:15 AM »

Dumbass question, how do we post spoilers again? Want to post the main decisions I made...
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 07, 2010, 03:06:05 AM »

Wait I have a problem already and Im just on the first shuttle. I have the PC version but I dont think it matters.

Anyways I used a ME1 save. In that game I saved Ashely and had to let Kaiden die. When I started the game and loaded the save it even showed i had let Kaiden die. But in the shuttle when Miranda is questioning me they say I let Ashley die and saved Kaiden. I have no option to correct them. What do I do? If this happens I'm afraid Ashley wont be back this time around. BTW she was in the intro video.

EDIT : WTF?? I reload a quicksave right before that shuttle and this time they sayI killed the council. I let them live dangit and not 2 minutes ago they even said that on the shuttle. Whats going on??
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 03:15:54 AM by Daehawk » Logged

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 07, 2010, 03:06:12 AM »

Quote from: Azhag on February 07, 2010, 03:05:15 AM

Dumbass question, how do we post spoilers again? Want to post the main decisions I made...

Code:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 07, 2010, 03:25:56 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Sooo.. what did everyone do? I like having the decisions, but it's painful that you have no idea of how they'll turn out in ME3
Geth - I rewrote the Geth heritics... sure hope that one doesn't come to back bite me in the ass.
Quarians - I didn't share the Geth info or about Tali's father
Collector Base - I blew that sucker sky high. Of course if the 3rd game is like this one I'll be sad if people die because I didn't have enough tech or something.
Genophage - Had Mordin keep the data
Samara - Saved Samara
Romance - Miranda (Would have gone with Kelly too but we only went to dinner)
Victory - Won with all crew members loyal and alive

Oh, and I must say I'm glad I played Dragon Age before ME2, cause it puts Dragon Age to shame in a lot of ways.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 03:32:57 AM by Azhag » Logged
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 07, 2010, 03:27:07 AM »

Dunno Daehawk, I'm on 360 but I didn't have any problems with the upload from my ME1 game.

Quote from: Daehawk on February 07, 2010, 03:06:05 AM

Wait I have a problem already and Im just on the first shuttle. I have the PC version but I dont think it matters.

Anyways I used a ME1 save. In that game I saved Ashely and had to let Kaiden die. When I started the game and loaded the save it even showed i had let Kaiden die. But in the shuttle when Miranda is questioning me they say I let Ashley die and saved Kaiden. I have no option to correct them. What do I do? If this happens I'm afraid Ashley wont be back this time around. BTW she was in the intro video.

EDIT : WTF?? I reload a quicksave right before that shuttle and this time they sayI killed the council. I let them live dangit and not 2 minutes ago they even said that on the shuttle. Whats going on??
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 07, 2010, 04:39:48 AM »

I'm replaying it now. Almost to the shuttle. I have noticed one thing..before my codex was empty by this point. This time its filled up real good. Listening to it then gonna try the shuttle again.

Good news...seems fine this play. Musta loaded the save wrong or something.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 04:54:02 AM by Daehawk » Logged

DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: February 07, 2010, 05:04:29 AM »

Completed today with 925 points on Normal. Got to level 28+ on first run. I imported a level 50 ME char.
Was able to save everyone. They were all Loyal and I had all ship upgrades and all but four of the personal/team upgrades.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I used Legion for the Tech mission, Garrus led both second squads, Samara for the Biotic Shield and I sent Grunt back with the doctor and Normandy crew.
I used Miranda and Mordin the first time, and for the second part I took Miranda and Thane. As a Sentinel we cleaned house when I was with Thane and Miranda.
Garrus took a hit when the doors were closing and Sheppard went to check him and he shrugged it off. That was hectic.

For the love sequence I chose,
Spoiler for Hiden:
Miranda. Easiest choice in the game IMO. Lets see, a hot, genetically enhanced Brunette version of Yvonne, the Chuck chick, a mentally unbalanced, bald, GI Jane chick with a man's name or a Bubble girl alien who has the chance of getting an infection and dying each time you are intimate. If you choose Jack, you probably have a new furnishing in your quarters, a jar with your genitals preserved after she rips them off.

I agree with some of the previous comments on the game. I enjoyed it very much, but they really needed to keep the Mako and just improve it. I actually liked those missions in ME1, it just needed better controls and a little more environment detail.
Will you please remove text from the conversations that I have already listened to or had. Why on Earth (pun) do you leave it. It should only appear if there is new information or new dialogue.
Armor mods needed much more depth. I never used them, just wore the Terminus armor. Dragon Age Armor was not as good so that was a big waste.

I did like the attention to detail with the previous game's tie-ins. It made the game feel like it was customized to me. One example was the picture of Ashley I had in my quarters. After I met her and had a discussion and then started going after Miranda I noticed that the picture frame was placed face down on the desk, nice touch.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 07, 2010, 06:53:15 AM »

Nice to read your post Damage. I did not read the spoilers.

I also imported a lvl 50 from ME1. Im loving it to death how it integrated it all. Seems as if im still in one big universe and stuff. It also gave me a nice 100,000 cred bonus for importing a rich character lol. I finished Dragon Age right before i started this game. That game was a true magnum opus to me. I was overjoyed with it and sad when it ended. But even though I've just gotten my new ship in ME2 I must say i think it will surpass DA:O.

One little niggle right now thats sticking in my head is that i feel as though Im on rails to this point. I think it has to do with the highlighted points where I can interact with stuff. Im sure that will lessen as I play.

I have seen others mention no party interaction unlike ME1. I've already had my party talking up a storm while in my first mission. Seems fine to me.  Maybe they just dont interact within themselves. Is that it?

And a big props to Martin F'n Sheen being the illusive Man!!!!!1 Awesome and thank you. Perfect character..so far.

And me new ship?  The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 07, 2010, 07:35:52 AM »

Armor mods needed much more depth. I never used them, just wore the Terminus armor. Dragon Age Armor was not as good so that was a big waste.

there's an ammo one for the arms that I use, and I use the dorky looking visor, but other than that I haven't touched anything else.  I can't bring my good guy Shepard to use the Collector armor.

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 07, 2010, 03:10:43 PM »

I finally wrapped things up last night, and am glad I can quit avoiding spoilers in this thread now.  smile  Took me just over 27 hours, ended up a level 25 soldier.  Bioware completely outdid themselves with this game, and it truly raises the bar for any RPG that follows. A truly incredible game.  A couple end-game thoughts:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Quote from: Azhag on February 07, 2010, 03:25:56 AM

Sooo.. what did everyone do? I like having the decisions, but it's painful that you have no idea of how they'll turn out in ME3
Geth - I rewrote the Geth heritics... sure hope that one doesn't come to back bite me in the ass.
Collector Base - I blew that sucker sky high. Of course if the 3rd game is like this one I'll be sad if people die because I didn't have enough tech or something.
Samara - Saved Samara

-  You and I apparently played the exact same game.  Only difference is that I somehow lost Jack during the final mission.  I wasn't terribly sad about it, since the only time I used her was during her loyalty mission.  No idea how it happened either, they simply showed a quick scene of her laying on the ground towards the end of the final mission.

-  Does romancing Miranda or not have any effect on your conversation with the Illusive Man at the end?  When I chose to destroy the Collector ship, he turned to Miranda and gave her an order to stop me - which she promptly ignored.  Curious how that sequence would have played out if we hadn't done the nasty a couple hours before.

-  I was a little disappointed with how they handed my romance from ME1.  I hooked up with Liara, and the only indication of this was when she gave me a rather awkward kiss as I walked into her office.  We went on about our conversation after that like nothing had ever happened. 

-  It's funny to talk to crew members after the suicide mission is over.  Especially when they start talking about how poor our chances are on the upcoming mission. You'd think they would have disabled those dialog trees once you beat the game.

Minor quibbles aside, this was an absolutely superb game through and through.  I can't imagine anything knocking it off as GOTY.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 07, 2010, 03:56:20 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on February 07, 2010, 03:10:43 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

-  It's funny to talk to crew members after the suicide mission is over.  Especially when they start talking about how poor our chances are on the upcoming mission. You'd think they would have disabled those dialog trees once you beat the game.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Mayber they're looking ahead to the upcoming mission against the Reapers.  icon_smile

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 07, 2010, 04:30:37 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Samara - Saved Samara

Decisions I made, and other stuff:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Geth: released the virus to rewrite them. I'm hoping that since they were working for the Reapers they will have some tech they can provide in ME3 to help out. Assuming the gamble works and they switch sides.
Quarians: didn't mention the research and kept Tali's father's name out of the mud. From an email I got later though, one of the admirals figured out my deception, so the Quarians may have their anti-geth weapon anyway. There was no way I would have betrayed Tali's wishes on that one. She was a squadmate of mine going back to ME1.
Collector base: destroyed the base. My paragon Shepard had no qualms about it either, seeing as how TIM wanted it saved. At that point I didn't trust him at all. It was also cool when Miranda backed me up and resigned from Cerberus rather than take any more orders from TIM.
Genophage: wiped the local copy the Salarian had stored, but had Mordin make a backup. I asked him about it later and he mentioned he still had it "back there somewhere."
Samara: sided with Samara, and let her kill her daughter
Romance: ended up with Miranda. I wavered and almost switched to Tali, but I was nervous she would be sick on the final mission and it would affect her survival chances.
End result: everyone survived, even though both Jack and Zaeed were not loyal. (I sided with Miranda in their tiff and that way lost Jack's loyalty, and I saved the workers on Zaeed's mission and thus the Blue Suns leader got away, which pissed off Zaeed.) I never used either for anything on the Collector base - they just stayed with the pack. I did use them both on other earlier side missions, which may have helped in some hidden way towards their survival on the Collector base.
Paragon/Renegade: ended at about 85% Paragon and 17% Renegade.

Loved every minute of it, except perhaps some of the planet probing for minerals. I did find several side missions that way though. Looking forward to the DLC of the hover tank. Also wanted to mention how awesome I thought the voice cast is, especially Liz Sroka (Tali), Michael Beattie (Mordin), and Martin Sheen of course.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 07, 2010, 05:26:58 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Samara - Saved Samara

Oh, and I must say I'm glad I played Dragon Age before ME2, cause it puts Dragon Age to shame in a lot of ways.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I made the same exact choices and had the same end result. I did have Mordin destroy the data, but make a backup. I am curious as to how my decisions affect ME3.
Especially the ones regarding Geth and Reaper/Collector technology and allowing Legion to breach the firewall occasionally. I am sure the Illusive Man / Cerberus is not very happy with me and my crew.
I helped Liara out of loyalty even though it was probably a Renegade action. One of the subtle choices I made which I am curious to the outcome is keeping a copy of the Shepard AI from Mouse.

Basically I play most RPGs as Lawful / Good and that stuck with ME/ME2. I went to full Paragon during each game with just a tad of Renegade.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 07, 2010, 06:25:11 PM »

Do have to be careful with those Renegade actions though. Once I meant to just punch a guy and it threw him out the window  icon_razz
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 07, 2010, 06:30:53 PM »

I finished as a level 24 mostly paragon Sentinel in about 23 hours.  I only did enough of the side missions to get the achievement.

Spoiler for Hiden:
The two crew members with whom I did not gain loyalty were Jack and Samara.  I sided with Miranda in the Jack/Miranda catfight after Jack's mission, (thinking with my johnson.)  I'm thinking that's why Jack wasn't loyal.  With Samara I made some bad dialogue choices with her daughter in the bar, who then "went for drinks" and never came back, (brought back memories of my college years.)  The only crew member I lost in the final mission was Jack, who got swarmed by the bugs for seemingly no reason near the end.  Jack was by far my most used party member.  Her fully upgraded energy blast rules.  I chose Samara as my FF Chrystal Chronicles style "bucket carrier" for the last mission.  I wonder if I would have chosen Jack to do it if the fates of the two would have been reversed?

Early game of the year candidate for me. Without a doubt the best RPG I've ever played.  And one of the best games period.  I plan to play again sometime with a bitchy renegade Kim Kardashian style female Shepard and reverse all of my plot choices.  

Looking forward to ME3.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 04:00:15 AM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 07, 2010, 06:32:55 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
-  I was a little disappointed with how they handed my romance from ME1.  I hooked up with Liara, and the only indication of this was when she gave me a rather awkward kiss as I walked into her office.  We went on about our conversation after that like nothing had ever happened. 
I had the exact same reaction. Bit disappointing.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 07, 2010, 07:13:24 PM »

Just finished the game as a lvl 27 infiltrator.

My decisions and some questions:

Spoiler for Hiden:
My main party almost always was Jack and Tali.

1.  I chose to destroy the heretics, couldn't bring myself to brainwash them after becoming so invested an Jack and what Cerberus tried to do to her.  Jack was pretty vocal against rewiring the heretics.

2.  I destroyed the collector base, Illusive Man be damned.  I don't trust him in the slightest and I refuse to put human interests ahead of galactic interests.

3.  All team members were loyal, in the final missions I lost Zaeed and Thane.  I used Thane as my tech infiltrator and he got shot while we were trying to shut the doors.  I chose him because he was the most logical choice...and he only had a year left to live.  He died a hero.  Zaeed I was glad he died, I couldn't stand his character and he was pretty much a waste of the disk space I used to download his DLC.

4.  I had Mordin keep a backup of the Genophage cure.

5.  I did not romance anyone, I stayed loyal to Liara, I really wish there would have been more interaction with her given our romance from ME1.

6.  I let Legion through the firewall a few times.  I am concerned about EDI as she expressed being so "emotionally" overwhelmed by talking with so many other AIs.  I also found myself feeling sorry for the Geth, after hearing the audio recording of one of the first Geth asking his Quarian master if he had a soul.

A few questions: 

- Did anyone find a use for the fake ID that you can take from Harkin's office?
- Does anyone else get the impression that The Illusive Man is not actually human?  What is up with his eyes, they reminded me of the pattern on the skin of the Husks.  Maybe he has just been enhanced, but I just don't trust him at all.

Overall one of the best games I have ever played.  It has been a long time since a game has caused me to become emotionally involved in the narrative and in the characters.  The planet scanning really didn't bug me, of my 30 hours played I may have spent 30 minutes of it scanning, tops.  Pretty much scanned just enough to get my upgrades and would just do a quick check on planets for anomalies since it tells you right away if an anomaly exists.  It is going to be a long wait until they release ME3.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 07, 2010, 07:20:21 PM »

Arkon

Spoiler for Hiden:
Yes, I was thinking the same thing with illusive man. However, given that he can bring you back from the dead it could just be he genetically altered himself like Miranda was. I didn't take my chance and blew up the base regardless
Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 07, 2010, 07:43:38 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on February 07, 2010, 06:30:53 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
The two crew members with whom did not gain loyalty were Jack and Samara.  I sided with Miranda in the Jack/Miranda catfight after Jack's mission, (thinking with my johnson.)  I'm thinking that's why Jack wasn't loyal.  With Samara I made some bad dialogue choices with her daughter in the bar, who then "went for drinks" and never came back, (brought back memories of my college years.)  The only crew member I lost in the final mission was Jack, who got swarmed by the bugs for seemingly no reason near the end.  Jack was by far my most used party member.  Her fully upgraded energy blast rules.  I chose Samara as my FF Chrystal Chronicles style "bucket carrier" for the last mission.  I wonder if I would have chosen Jack to do it if the fates of the two would have been reversed?

Spoiler for Hiden:
About that result. You were doomed to lose someone at that stage with neither Jack nor Samara loyal. You need to use one of those two to generate the bubble, and they must be loyal to pull it off, or someone else in the team will be taken by the swarm. In this case Samara failed and either Jack or the other on your team was toast.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 07, 2010, 07:52:03 PM »

Regarding Liara:

Spoiler for Hiden:
There are a couple of easily missed dialog points with Liara that can impact how you see her.  When you first meet her she mentions that she is probably being watched, the implication being that she may not want to fully reveal what your relationship with her is.  The second, and most important, is where she discusses what she's been up to since you died and this is related to a currently running comic book on the subject.  Basically, it was the Shadow Broker who first went looking for your body on a contract for the Collectors and it was Liara working with Cerberus who eventually got your body back.  She feels guilty for having to leave you with Cerberus given the potential implications of that and she also wants to make the Shadow Broker pay for his actions.  These dialogs are the same whether you romanced Liara or not, but some people think that you need that context to understand how she behaves if you romanced her.  I'm personally not convinced and think they needed to do something more, such as is the case with Ashley/Kaiden where they send you relationship affirming email.  However, there are rumors and hints about DLC involving Liara and her story, so this may have been left intentionally shallow.

Also, if you don't bother with Liara's quest line (or if you fail it) then there is a lot of speculation that she may be killed off for ME3, a victim of the Shadow Broker. 

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 07, 2010, 07:52:25 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on February 07, 2010, 06:32:55 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
-  I was a little disappointed with how they handed my romance from ME1.  I hooked up with Liara, and the only indication of this was when she gave me a rather awkward kiss as I walked into her office.  We went on about our conversation after that like nothing had ever happened.  
I had the exact same reaction. Bit disappointing.

Spoiler for Hiden:
For those wondering, there is an easy-to-miss dialogue option with Liara where she explains some of what happened in the 2 years. I found this on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjFMPaSjAuo

Edit: Sarkus beat me to it with the explanation.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 07:54:13 PM by Barrakketh » Logged
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: February 07, 2010, 07:52:33 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on February 07, 2010, 07:13:24 PM

Overall one of the best games I have ever played. 

There must be something wrong with me. I'm halfway through I guess and I'm just not really motivated to go on. The game is ok, but I'm not finding the story line to be as enticing as some of you do. I never did finished ME1 either. I will probably finish it out sometime, playing every side mission and quest, since I doubt I'll pick it up again.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 07, 2010, 07:59:14 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on February 07, 2010, 07:52:33 PM

There must be something wrong with me. I'm halfway through I guess and I'm just not really motivated to go on. The game is ok, but I'm not finding the story line to be as enticing as some of you do. I never did finished ME1 either. I will probably finish it out sometime, playing every side mission and quest, since I doubt I'll pick it up again.

Different strokes for different folks.  There are many critically acclaimed titles out there that many folks loved and I just couldn't get into them.  The first one that comes to mind for me is Ico.  People rave about it, and I couldn't bring myself to finish it, it just never hooked me.

I loved ME1 and became invested into the story when I played it through, and am sure that has something to do with how much I have loved ME2.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 07, 2010, 08:00:24 PM »

Quote from: Sarkus on February 07, 2010, 07:52:03 PM

Regarding Liara:

Spoiler for Hiden:
There are a couple of easily missed dialog points with Liara that can impact how you see her.  When you first meet her she mentions that she is probably being watched, the implication being that she may not want to fully reveal what your relationship with her is.  The second, and most important, is where she discusses what she's been up to since you died and this is related to a currently running comic book on the subject.  Basically, it was the Shadow Broker who first went looking for your body on a contract for the Collectors and it was Liara working with Cerberus who eventually got your body back.  She feels guilty for having to leave you with Cerberus given the potential implications of that and she also wants to make the Shadow Broker pay for his actions.  These dialogs are the same whether you romanced Liara or not, but some people think that you need that context to understand how she behaves if you romanced her.  I'm personally not convinced and think they needed to do something more, such as is the case with Ashley/Kaiden where they send you relationship affirming email.  However, there are rumors and hints about DLC involving Liara and her story, so this may have been left intentionally shallow.

Also, if you don't bother with Liara's quest line (or if you fail it) then there is a lot of speculation that she may be killed off for ME3, a victim of the Shadow Broker. 

there's also the Dark Horse comic book series .  the first issue ends with:

Spoiler for Hiden:
the Illusive Man telling Liara that the Shadow broker made a deal with the Collectors, and the last page has one of the Overseers talking with someone off page about Shepards body who he refers to as Shadow Broker.

Because I can,
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 07, 2010, 08:39:28 PM »

When is it too late to do the romance stuff?  I am playing femshep and did Miranda's loyalty stuff and she continues to not have anything more to say to me.  I've unlocked the
Spoiler for Hiden:
suicide mission
point on the map and still nothing.  Did I blow it with her somehow? 

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 07, 2010, 09:03:02 PM »

Arkon, the story itself was much tighter and epic feeling in ME1 than in ME2. The story elements in ME2 have more meaning as setup for ME3 and as continuations of things you might remember from ME1.

Quote from: Arkon on February 07, 2010, 07:59:14 PM

Quote from: jztemple2 on February 07, 2010, 07:52:33 PM

Different strokes for different folks.  There are many critically acclaimed titles out there that many folks loved and I just couldn't get into them.  The first one that comes to mind for me is Ico.  People rave about it, and I couldn't bring myself to finish it, it just never hooked me.

I loved ME1 and became invested into the story when I played it through, and am sure that has something to do with how much I have loved ME2.
Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 07, 2010, 09:12:18 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on February 07, 2010, 08:39:28 PM

When is it too late to do the romance stuff?  I am playing femshep and did Miranda's loyalty stuff and she continues to not have anything more to say to me.  I've unlocked the
Spoiler for Hiden:
suicide mission
point on the map and still nothing.  Did I blow it with her somehow? 

Miranda will only respond to male Shepards. Your femshep has no chance.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 07, 2010, 09:18:04 PM »

Quote from: Barrakketh on February 07, 2010, 09:12:18 PM

So no lesbian options for femshep, then, and get the credit for the cheevo?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 07, 2010, 09:20:36 PM »

well, since I'm pretty much focusing on the PC version of the game I traded in my 360 version towards Bioshock 2 today.  with the trade in bonus I got 47.25 in trade.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 07, 2010, 09:21:07 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on February 07, 2010, 09:18:04 PM

I'd be surprised if Jack didn't swing both ways.

Because I can,
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 07, 2010, 09:23:38 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 07, 2010, 09:21:07 PM

I've heard she doesn't count for the achievement.

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #595 on: February 07, 2010, 09:49:06 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on February 07, 2010, 09:23:38 PM

Surprisingly, Jack don't go that way either. Excepting "dinner" with Kelly, there's only one girl up for girl on girl and it takes a drastic choice and has serious consequences.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Morinth

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 07, 2010, 10:46:56 PM »

Kelly goes farther then "dinner" . . .
Spoiler for Hiden:
(though there is no cutscene and it doesn't count for the achievement) but it only happens if you play past the end, obviously meaning you also have to save her.  Then she can be up for something.

There are no same sex romances in the game with any of the companions.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 08, 2010, 03:40:53 AM »

Quote from: coopasonic on February 07, 2010, 09:49:06 PM

Surprisingly, Jack don't go that way either. Excepting "dinner" with Kelly, there's only one girl up for girl on girl and it takes a drastic choice and has serious consequences.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Morinth

Bah.  I guess I might just do a dude and reload after the achievement come sup.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 08, 2010, 03:50:40 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on February 08, 2010, 03:40:53 AM

Bah.  I guess I might just do a dude

sig material anyone?  icon_twisted

Because I can,
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 08, 2010, 04:18:07 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on February 08, 2010, 03:40:53 AM

Quote from: coopasonic on February 07, 2010, 09:49:06 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
Morinth

Bah.  I guess I might just do a dude and reload after the achievement come sup.

Just close your eyes, bend over, and think of the achievement.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: