http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 01:09:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass effect 2 Launch and impressions (the REAL One)  (Read 39226 times)
jersoc
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 02, 2010, 09:00:08 PM »

that's the same path I took Sarkus.

also hooray for politics that have no bearing what so ever in this game! if that's how you feel I will stop right now and not continue if you want to throw out stupid allegations and insults.
mordin spoilers
Spoiler for Hiden:
mordin tells you that the korgan were given technology before they were ready, however they actions they took were still their own. that doesnt excuse them for committing genocide though. I thought the choice was pretty clear.

I dunno, to me it was pretty binary. You either do or don't and there's no real effect. something may change or it may not. there's no long term effects. it just happens
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 02, 2010, 09:07:01 PM »

I understand what you'r saying, Jersoc, but to some of us, me at least, I want to make the *right* choice, and not the one that either gives me something or kills someone...you see, I AM Shepard (Which is a fun play on names, in case no-one else has noticed it) and I AM a good guy....so, the choices matter, and not just in game-mechanic-style-wise-thingie :-)

A new one
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 02, 2010, 09:14:51 PM »

There's only one good choice, imo. Keep them under control until they can evolve as a species. If the other races want to do anything what they should do is fix their home world and guide their race on the promise of stopping the genophage.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 02, 2010, 09:15:36 PM »

I have only played through one of the loyalty missions so far (Miranda).  But is there a way that you can do a mission and not have the character become loyal to you?  

I have not finished the game yet so I don't know if this happens or not. However...

Spoiler for Hiden:
I think it would be cool to have some of the characters turn against you in the final battle depending on the choices you make during their loyalty missions.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 09:18:37 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 02, 2010, 09:19:59 PM »

I like the decisions where the paragon choice has immediate benevolent results, but is or will be significantly more harmful in the long run.  It rewards us in the moment with a warm and fuzzy outcome, but makes us pay for our naivety in the long run.  Or the tough love, realistic, renegade approach actually preserves more lives in the long run, or limits unnecessary collateral damage, but the player had to be a dick in the moment.  I'm betting we will see our decisions carry over into ME3 with surprising results.    

There may be black or white decisions, based on the players perspective, but the long term impact of those decisions may be very grey, if that makes sense.  The best paragons are the ones that unknowingly serve as the champions of galacatic eviiil while doing their good deeds around the universe ninja  

MaxSteele

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: February 02, 2010, 09:31:03 PM »

Ok, I know we're talking about the "figurative" grey choices in conversations, but I've seen actual grey-colored conversation options.

I know the Renegade conversation options show up in red, and the Paragon conversation options show up in blue.  Normal conversation options show up in white.

But I have had conversation options that are dark grey.  What are those?
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 02, 2010, 09:32:20 PM »

Quote from: MaxSteele on February 02, 2010, 09:31:03 PM

Ok, I know we're talking about the "figurative" grey choices in conversations, but I've seen actual grey-colored conversation options.

I know the Renegade conversation options show up in red, and the Paragon conversation options show up in blue.  Normal conversation options show up in white.

But I have had conversation options that are dark grey.  What are those?

That means your paragon or renegade is not high enough to choose that as an option.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 02, 2010, 09:48:20 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on February 02, 2010, 09:15:36 PM

I have only played through one of the loyalty missions so far (Miranda).  But is there a way that you can do a mission and not have the character become loyal to you?  

If you don't completely succeed on their mission, they won't become loyal.  I went through nearly all of one characters mission (needed to stop someone from getting killed), but goofed up on the last part.  The mission finished - complete with a cutscene - but with a decidedly negative tone, and the character doesn't show up as loyal.  No way to replay it, other than loading a previous save.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 02, 2010, 09:51:14 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on February 02, 2010, 09:48:20 PM

If you don't completely succeed on their mission, they won't become loyal.  I went through nearly all of one characters mission (needed to stop someone from getting killed), but goofed up on the last part.  The mission finished - complete with a cutscene - but with a decidedly negative tone, and the character doesn't show up as loyal.  No way to replay it, other than loading a previous save.

That's very cool. 

I wonder what ramifications that may have down the line.

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 02, 2010, 10:01:48 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on February 02, 2010, 09:14:51 PM

There's only one good choice, imo. Keep them under control until they can evolve as a species. If the other races want to do anything what they should do is fix their home world and guide their race on the promise of stopping the genophage.

Mordin loyalty spoiler:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Incorrect.  If you had chosen the other option, you would have seen Mordin admit that his statistical analysis favoring the Genophage could have been wrong.  You seriously don't see anything wrong with manipulating the birthrate of another race?  There is no guarantee that the Krogan are going to go on a genocidal rampage if their population is left unchecked.  It's like in Minority Report where you can be tried for crimes you haven't committed yet.  Clear cut decision?  Not for some of us.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 02, 2010, 10:11:18 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on February 02, 2010, 09:48:20 PM

Weird.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Immediately after Jack's loyalty mission, I was treated to a cutscene where she and Miranda are at each other's throats.  I told Miranda to back off, and afterwards, she wanted nothing to do with me.  Since during the first playthrough I'm romancing her, I just turned off my Xbox without saving, and when I continued the next day, it put me at the last checkpoint in Jack's loyalty mission, allowing me to rethink my choices for the whole Miranda vs. Jack thing.
Pharaoh

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 02, 2010, 10:59:42 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
You can remedy those choices if you are 80% of either Paragon or Renegade. You get another chance later, but only if you are 100% Paragon or Renegade. Its not permanent. Miranda/Jack & Tali/Legion both pass the same rep check.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 03, 2010, 02:20:18 AM »

Quote from: skystride on February 02, 2010, 10:01:48 PM

Quote from: jersoc on February 02, 2010, 09:14:51 PM

Mordin loyalty spoiler:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Incorrect.  If you had chosen the other option, you would have seen Mordin admit that his statistical analysis favoring the Genophage could have been wrong.  You seriously don't see anything wrong with manipulating the birthrate of another race?  There is no guarantee that the Krogan are going to go on a genocidal rampage if their population is left unchecked.  It's like in Minority Report where you can be tried for crimes you haven't committed yet.  Clear cut decision?  Not for some of us.

no i dont. the krogan committed genocide and are a race of pure warfare. grunt is proof positive of that. they live for nothing but warfare. their species has crazy battle capabilities. if they weren't willingly to live peacefully they needed action so they don't commit the crime again.

however, either choice is either good or bad. it's binary. it's not a personal feeling more of what the game does with it that's the problem. you see the outcome right away. if you dont like it you can simply reload and start over. there needs to be a not to clear effect of what you choose does. this is the problem I have with these games. it's like, well, that's not the outcome i wanted. i'll just reload and see what the other is. this isn't how it should be.

what if you choose to end the genophage? well ok, how about mordin just disapproves and leaves the group. then later you get a distress call from some planet that the krogan are invading because they have larger numbers. something like that that effects stuff much, much later has a longer lasting effect on your chooses than a very lines of dialogue. this is hard for me to explain simply in writing though.

HA case in point see rick's spoiler. that's what im talking about. it's binary.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 03, 2010, 03:27:29 AM »

Finished tonight. Took around 37 hours (definitely didn't do all side quests) and was around level 24-25. I definitely thought it was a big improvement over the first from a gameplay perspective. The combat was much smoother and more fun (I actually didn't dumb this down to easy, which I was surprised I was able to do). I think the writing as far as missions go was much better. I loved all the quests involving recruiting and gaining loyalty of followers. However, I was very disappointed how much of the main quest that was, or to put it another way, how little the Collectors part made up the main quest. It's not like the game was overly short or anything, but all the Collectors parts were fantastic, and I definitely wish there were more of them. Overall, I think I liked the story in the first game slightly better, even if the mission quality was much improved here.

While I was happy to say farewell to the Mako, I would hardly call tedious mineral scanning an improvement. I spent way too much time mining planets, so I could upgrade my ship, and the novelty wore off after 1 planet. I also didn't like the fact that a large # of sidequests seemingly had to be found by scanning planets for anomolies. It wasn't hard to find the anomoly once detected, but having to manually travel to each system and look at each planet was just not something I was willing to do. I loved the streamlining of inventory. When Bioware makes you micromanage inventory (which they do in almost all of their games) it's always a chore.

Anyway, with some reservations, thumbs way up from me. I can't wait for the next one!

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 03, 2010, 03:36:17 AM »

So how do you unequip an ammunition type? I've equipped incindiary ammo and when I click it for it to turn back of fit says it's already equipped.

Also, how do you tell if you're hurt and if your squadmates are hurt. I've read the manual but can't figure it out practically on screen.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #415 on: February 03, 2010, 03:53:55 AM »

You can't unequip ammo types, you can only override them.  There's no point to unequipping them either.  All ammo types only add benefits to your shots in ME2, there are no drawbacks for using them.  If you shoot an unshielded organic target with disruptor ammo, it just does base damage.

Going for a second play through on hardcore.  There's rumors of stuff you can only find on hardcore and higher difficulties, which is just silly to me considering the developers prior stance on it.  Hardcore is tough, but not ridiculously so.  Almost all enemies have some form of defense, even if it's a light layer of armor or shields, this is on top of much more health.  This makes certain abilities so much more useful, such as the AoE flame blast and warp to quickly knock out a group's armor/shields, then followed up by another AoE ability to take them out.

The shield and health status of your teammates only show up if they've taken damage.  It's just a meter next to each portrait.  If it's purple or blue, they still have shields or barriers.  If it's red, then they've lost shields and are taking health damage.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 03:59:09 AM by Turtle » Logged
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 03, 2010, 12:50:26 PM »

Man, these loyalty missions sure are screwy.  I keep getting some odd results.

Jack's mission
Spoiler for Hiden:
I helped her get in and nuke the base, while agreeing with her and making "Paragon-y" choices along the way.  When we get back on the Normandy, I sided with Miranda in their fight, and the mission ended.  It unlocked Jack's uber-power and new outfit, but shows that she's not loyal.

Zaeed's mission
Spoiler for Hiden:
He got pretty pissed at me because I chose to save the workers instead of go after his target, but he still ended up shooting the guy's plane down.  When everything blew up at the end, I saved him and he told me something like "you've got a huge pair Shepherd. I'll keep working with you".  When the mission ended, however, neither his uber-power or alternate outfit were unlocked, and it shows he is not loyal.

Thane's mission
Spoiler for Hiden:
I went through the entire investigation, but lost track of the politician when I was on the catwalk.   It then showed Thane's son murdering the guy, and the mission ended.  His alternate outfit unlocked, but the uber-power didn't and he's not loyal. 

So I ended up with:

Jack:  Unlocked power, unlocked new outfit, not loyal
Zaeed:  No unlocked power, no new unlocked outfit, not loyal
Thane:  No unlocked power, unlocked new outfit, not loyal

Out of the three, I thought the one with the most positive conclusion was Zaeed, but that one unlocked the least.  Guess I just can't figure out what triggers the unlocks or loyalty.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 03, 2010, 01:06:31 PM »

Strange, I only looked in your spoiler for Zaeed - I had the exact same thing happen during the mission, but I got his power. Never use him, so I dont know about the outfit. One thing though - I think the new outfit only shows up during missions - at least it does for Mordin..

Btw - After doing Mordins Loyalty mission, try talking to him about Gilbert and Sullivan - Man that was hilarious :-D

A new one
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #418 on: February 03, 2010, 01:17:28 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Losing loyalty from those after mission moments is due to not having a high enough paragon or renegade score to choose one of the persuasions. So long as you succeed at the loyalty mission itself then you had full loyalty at one point. Your decision afterwards might change that. Thankfully there will be another opportunity to gain their loyalty if you have a full paragon or renegade bar.

For zaeed if you hoosegow to rescue the people then you won't get his loyalty at the end unless you use one of the persuasion options. Not sure if there's a way to get it but there probably is.

For thane you simply failed And got the outfit for doing the mission and nothing else.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 03, 2010, 01:28:16 PM »

In case people are wondering, Turtle's spoiler is about loyality missions in general, and specifically Zaedes and Jakcs ;-)

Sorry Mr. T, but people are sensitive about spoilers in this game :-)

A new one
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #420 on: February 03, 2010, 02:08:29 PM »

Typing on iPod caused fingers to cramp up before I could finish. Starting to hate this thing
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 03, 2010, 02:09:44 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on February 03, 2010, 02:20:18 AM

no i dont. the krogan committed genocide and are a race of pure warfare.

On the Rachni.  A hive mind race of giant killer bugs that was trying to consume the galaxy.

grunt is proof positive of that. they live for nothing but warfare. their species has crazy battle capabilities. if they weren't willingly to live peacefully they needed action so they don't commit the crime again.

Grunt is a little crazy, yeah, and if he represents the "best" of the Krogans, then Mass Effect 3 could well be the about the Krogan wars.

however, either choice is either good or bad. it's binary. it's not a personal feeling more of what the game does with it that's the problem. you see the outcome right away.

Do you? Or is it going to have an effect in Mass Effect 3? (I think you are probably right, but there's a chance.)

what if you choose to end the genophage? well ok, how about mordin just disapproves and leaves the group. then later you get a distress call from some planet that the krogan are invading because they have larger numbers. something like that that effects stuff much, much later has a longer lasting effect on your chooses than a very lines of dialogue. this is hard for me to explain simply in writing though.

Unfortunately, the game has you on an urgent mission to stop the collectors.  What you just described would have to flow across into Mass Effect 3, and maybe it'll do that.  Again though, I think you are right and doubt that will happen.  All the story options I've seen so far are encapsulated, so nothing you do can really change much in the overall story.
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 03, 2010, 02:13:24 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on February 03, 2010, 03:36:17 AM

Also, how do you tell if you're hurt and if your squadmates are hurt. I've read the manual but can't figure it out practically on screen.

You don't have to heal people, everyone has regenerating health. The only time you need to use Unity is if you want a downed companion back in the middle of a battle. They'll stand up when the battle is over even if you don't use Unity.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 03, 2010, 02:46:24 PM »

Gotta say I'm very disappointed with the soundtrack.  While it is generally quite good, it is lacking the character that the first ME soundtrack had.  Kind of bizarre considering it's the same composer too.  Not sure if Bioware told him to go in a slightly different, more conventional direction.

I also don't care for how it's used in the game.  I didn't pick up on exactly what was bothering me until someone on Neogaf pointed it out, but a lot of the time in ME2 there isn't any background music while ME1 had nearly wall to wall music.  I loved the music that ME1 played while exploring the Normandy, Citadel, etc but ME2 doesn't do that very often.  I've actually taken to playing the ME1 soundtrack while it in similar situations in ME2 and find it helps a bit. 
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #424 on: February 03, 2010, 02:50:22 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on February 03, 2010, 02:46:24 PM

Gotta say I'm very disappointed with the soundtrack.  While it is generally quite good, it is lacking the character that the first ME soundtrack had.  Kind of bizarre considering it's the same composer too.  Not sure if Bioware told him to go in a slightly different, more conventional direction.

I also don't care for how it's used in the game.  I didn't pick up on exactly what was bothering me until someone on Neogaf pointed it out, but a lot of the time in ME2 there isn't any background music while ME1 had nearly wall to wall music.  I loved the music that ME1 played while exploring the Normandy, Citadel, etc but ME2 doesn't do that very often.  I've actually taken to playing the ME1 soundtrack while it in similar situations in ME2 and find it helps a bit. 

I mostly agree with you here, though I have to point out that the soundtrack really picks up near the end and gets absolutely epic.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 03, 2010, 02:50:42 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on February 03, 2010, 02:46:24 PM

The only time I even notice the music is when it ramps up as you enter combat.  I use it as a cue to bring out the guns.

Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 03, 2010, 04:39:02 PM »

Quote from: Bob on February 03, 2010, 02:09:44 PM

On the Rachni.  A hive mind race of giant killer bugs that was trying to consume the galaxy.

Heh that's a great point.

Spoiler for Hiden:
If you saved the Rachni in ME1, you learn they're actually a peace-loving race, who were warped by an outside force (reapers/collectors) when they went all nuts before.

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 03, 2010, 04:46:49 PM »

no i dont. the krogan committed genocide and are a race of pure warfare. grunt is proof positive of that. they live for nothing but warfare. their species has crazy battle capabilities. if they weren't willingly to live peacefully they needed action so they don't commit the crime again.

This action is not to destroy their military capability but to kill their babies?  This is acceptable?

Also there are signs that the Krogan might be evolving out of their barbaric nature.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 03, 2010, 05:11:08 PM »

Quote from: Eightball on February 03, 2010, 04:39:02 PM

Quote from: Bob on February 03, 2010, 02:09:44 PM

Heh that's a great point.

Spoiler for Hiden:
If you saved the Rachni in ME1, you learn they're actually a peace-loving race, who were warped by an outside force (reapers/collectors) when they went all nuts before.

In my ME1 playthrough I let the queen live too.  They are not an evil race for me either.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 03, 2010, 05:12:08 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on February 03, 2010, 02:50:42 PM

The only time I even notice the music is when it ramps up as you enter combat.  I use it as a cue to bring out the guns.

Same here.  Also when the music stops I know all of the baddies are dead.  Otherwise I do not notice it one way or the other.  I guess that means I don't like it.

Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 03, 2010, 05:18:59 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on February 03, 2010, 03:53:55 AM

Going for a second play through on hardcore.  There's rumors of stuff you can only find on hardcore and higher difficulties, which is just silly to me considering the developers prior stance on it. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
On Hardcore, you can pick up a Geth pulse rifle when you go get Tali on Haestrom.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #431 on: February 03, 2010, 05:20:36 PM »

Quote from: Beer Goggles on February 03, 2010, 05:18:59 PM

Quote from: Turtle on February 03, 2010, 03:53:55 AM

Going for a second play through on hardcore.  There's rumors of stuff you can only find on hardcore and higher difficulties, which is just silly to me considering the developers prior stance on it. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
On Hardcore, you can pick up a Geth pulse rifle when you go get Tali on Haestrom.

Are you saying that's the only difference or stating one to confirm there are differences?

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 03, 2010, 06:01:53 PM »

Man, you'd think they would have found a way to get rid of the spam mails by now, but judging from Shepards mails?  :-D Thats just great... I never want this game to end!

A new one
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 03, 2010, 07:05:44 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on February 03, 2010, 06:01:53 PM

Thats just great... I never want this game to end!

Spoiler for Hiden:
It ends.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: February 03, 2010, 07:08:46 PM »

Quote from: Bob on February 03, 2010, 07:05:44 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
It ends.

Damn unlabeled spoilers. Be careful with this one folks, it completely reveals the ending.  ninja

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: February 03, 2010, 07:56:22 PM »

Quote from: Bob on February 03, 2010, 07:05:44 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
It ends.

Damn you! Damn you to hell!! :-D

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #436 on: February 03, 2010, 08:00:47 PM »

Just finished the game. Took me 43 hours according to the save game.

Endgame spoilers:
Spoiler for Hiden:
The suicide mission was absolutely awesome from start to end. I was continually on the edge, knowing that anyone, including Shepard himself, could die at any moment if I made a wrong decision. Turns out I made only the right ones. The choices almost felt too obvious at the time, but reading some other comments here and at OO, it looks like that's not a sentiment I share with many others.

For the first specialist mission (the door) I picked Legion. His affinity with technology would be vital there. I had Jacob lead the secondary team, as I wanted Miranda on my side. I figured Jacob had enough formal training at commanding squads and would be up to the pressure. He performed admirably, and so did Legion.

For the second part, I had Samara do the biotic barrier. I considered choosing Jack, but went with someone who was more predictable, reliable, and with more experience. She handled herself perfectly. Miranda led the other team, and as a seasoned leader had no problems with it.

Finally, I sent Jacob back with the crew when I found them. He had proven his worth during the first part of the mission, and since he had no real specialist skills I would need, he was expendable. He got everyone back safely.

The final boss was easy with the high-powered sniper rifle you can upgrade to during one of the missions. He only managed to send one wave of enemies at me before he was dead, and he never even damaged my shields.

I see from other people's comments that they tended to choose people like Grunt or Garrus for leading the squads. Keep in mind that you aren't looking for the toughest and meanest of your people. You're looking for someone who can lead. Grunt is obviously not a leadership candidate, at least not for non-Krogans. You can't expect him to keep your squad alive. Garrus is a good soldier, but too used to working alone. He can't be relied on to keep control over a squad under pressure.

I gave the Illusive Man the finger and blew up the base at the end. I also destroyed the Geth heretics earlier, so I have essentially rid the galaxy of two large, potential enemies. I suspect the Geth will become a valuable ally in the third game and I am likely to suffer a bit for my choices there since their numbers will be far smaller than they would be with the heretics under control. However, I couldn't take the chance that the "pure" Geth would be influenced by the programming in the heretics. The Geth are too dangerous for them to be potentially hostile again. Legion respected and supported my choice anyway, and since he speaks for every other Geth that's good enough for me.

By the time I did the final mission, every squad member was loyal. I don't know the effects of non-loyal members, but I suspected Miranda and Jack would try to kill each other, as well as Legion and Tali. Didn't want to see that happen, and even with my loyal team I made sure to keep them away from each other's squads at all times.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 03, 2010, 08:03:01 PM »

i'll spoil this in case. even though a 2+ year old game is out of my spoiler reasons

from ME1
Spoiler for Hiden:
the rachni were brainwashed. if you remember in ME1 while talking to the queen she said that the rachni before lost the song and only knew war. they are a peaceful race.

more about krogan. I was finishing off my galaxy exploration and came across a planet the council gave the krogan as a homeworld. once again the krogan grew too large and destroyed the planet. so it seems they already gave them a chance. the krogan are an irresponsible race who despite their knowledge of what the larger numbers still do it. but this is more debating your person feeling still other than what the game actually does. which is my entire point. the game still deals with these situations in a binary matter. the choice you make has 1 outcome(ok, there a few exception but these dont present themselves nearly enough). Once again, I don't have this problem with just ME2. It's every game of this nature.

For starters they can try to hide the paragon/renegade choices better. Maybe some players will get pissed, but I think it takes a lot away when you know what your choice is going to do before you even make it.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 03, 2010, 08:05:44 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on February 03, 2010, 08:00:47 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
I see from other people's comments that they tended to choose people like Grunt or Garrus for leading the squads. Keep in mind that you aren't looking for the toughest and meanest of your people. You're looking for someone who can lead. Grunt is obviously not a leadership candidate, at least not for non-Krogans. You can't expect him to keep your squad alive. Garrus is a good soldier, but too used to working alone. He can't be relied on to keep control over a squad under pressure.
Spoiler for Hiden:
I had Garrus leading on the 2nd mission I think it was. He did just fine. He's had leadership experience, considering he was the head of that task force on Omega. Plus he's like Shepard's brother from a Turian mother smile.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #439 on: February 03, 2010, 08:07:13 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on February 03, 2010, 08:03:01 PM

For starters they can try to hide the paragon/renegade choices better. Maybe some players will get pissed, but I think it takes a lot away when you know what your choice is going to do before you even make it.

If nothing else, I agree with this. It's nice that you always have an exit from a conversation on the middle right, and that other choices at the right-hand side also usually end a discussion, but there's no need to hammer over our heads what choices will lead to what outcomes... well, except that some of the summaries of what the choices mean are too vague to really know what they will result in you saying.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: