http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 03:52:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect 2 DLC question  (Read 630 times)
Zinfan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2011, 09:34:45 PM »

Just started my first play through on ME2 and having downloaded the 3 packs that were on sale earlier this week I was wondering how they "fit" into the game.  Should I wait until I finish the main game storyline before trying them or is it better to do them sooner?  Quick spoiler to show where I am so far

Spoiler for Hiden:
I've recruited Morlian (sp?  quick talking doctor alien scientist), Jack and Archangel so far, have yet to visit Citidal, thinking of heading for Kasumi the thief next but that is one of the DLC packs so unsure what to do

Having a blast so far but probably wasting far too much time scanning planets for resources,  I  imported my ME-1 Soldier char and continue with the solider class but I may start another game with something new just to try out the other side.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 10:36:40 PM »

Get Kasumi first- she's a great character to have on your team and you'll get one of the best SMG's in the game on her mission.

You can do Shadow Broker anytime after you get to Illium.  It doesn't matter if you do it before of after the man storyline- dialogue will change appropriately.  However there are some neat things you get that may make it worth doing reasonably early.

Doesn't matter when you do Overlord- it doesn't effect the rest of the game.  So play that one when you feel like. 
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 11:18:59 PM »

Simple answer: Do them whenever you want to. They aren't intended to be played at specific points in your quests.
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 11:37:25 PM »

Ok I'll try the DLC for Kasumi and see how it goes.

Thanks
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 11:06:56 AM »

Well this is embarrassing!  I loaded up my saved game and realized I was right in the middle of the Overlord DLC mission and didn't even know it!  Seamless integration into the main game.  One question that I'll spoiler

Spoiler for Hiden:
What are the gold circles on the ground during the vehicle segments of the mission?  I couldn't do anything with them.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 11:28:50 AM »

You scan them for either mission objectives, or just extra stuff including more resources, weapon upgrades, etc...
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 12:05:47 PM »

Quote from: Zinfan on January 02, 2011, 11:06:56 AM

Well this is embarrassing!  I loaded up my saved game and realized I was right in the middle of the Overlord DLC mission and didn't even know it!  Seamless integration into the main game.  One question that I'll spoiler

Spoiler for Hiden:
What are the gold circles on the ground during the vehicle segments of the mission?  I couldn't do anything with them.

Hold "Y" while you're over them.  The Hammerhead will move around when you do this, so you have to make little adjustments to keep the vehicle within the target area.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 01:24:20 PM »

Is the DLC worth going back and renting ME2 to play through? I heard the one with the smoking guy is tip top. Thoughts?
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 03:00:47 PM »

Quote from: ATB on January 02, 2011, 01:24:20 PM

Is the DLC worth going back and renting ME2 to play through? I heard the one with the smoking guy is tip top. Thoughts?

Lair of the Shadow Broker is one of the best things to come out of Mass Effect so I would say that it's worth it just for that.  Overlord is excellent but not essential.  Kasumi has one of my favorite loyalty missions in the game but is reasonably short and you won't have the advantage of using her for the rest of a playthrough.

Basically, LotSB makes it more than worth the rental. 
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 03:08:35 PM »

Thanks KG. I've alraedy done the Kasumi DLC...I'll probably pick them both up some time.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 03:28:06 PM »

For what it's worth- Bioware announced this week that there is one more DLC coming before ME3 so you may want to hold off on the rental until that one is available. 
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 03:51:23 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on January 02, 2011, 03:28:06 PM

For what it's worth- Bioware announced this week that there is one more DLC coming before ME3 so you may want to hold off on the rental until that one is available. 

The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 06:17:58 PM »

Awesome, although I assume they mean big story DLC since the Shadow Broker one was so successful.

I suspect whatever the DLC is, it will do more to lead players into ME3.  I know, perhaps it will focus more on the Quarians and Geth, and...
Spoiler for Hiden:
reveal what the heck that dark energy is doing to that star.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 07:50:12 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on January 02, 2011, 06:17:58 PM

Awesome, although I assume they mean big story DLC since the Shadow Broker one was so successful.

Yeah, I'm assuming it's story DLC since the context was that they are suspending the Cerebus Daily News on January 24th with the exception of the week leading up to the DLC and the two weeks leading to ME3. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2011, 08:14:34 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on January 02, 2011, 07:50:12 PM

Quote from: Turtle on January 02, 2011, 06:17:58 PM

Yeah, I'm assuming it's story DLC since the context was that they are suspending the Cerebus Daily News on January 24th with the exception of the week leading up to the DLC and the two weeks leading to ME3. 

I need to sit down and read through their archives one of theses days,

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: