http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 04:30:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marvel Ultimate Alliance Tips/Hints/Tricks?  (Read 602 times)
IkeVandergraaf
Gaming Trend Senior Member

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2006, 04:17:24 PM »

Yes, I know, a little late to the party.  Just picked this one up for the 360 due to my poor impulse control.  I have very little familiarity with the Marvel universe and did not play either of the X-Men games.  I'm just asking for some non-spoilery advice as to, I don' know, anything.  What are some of the funner characters to play?  What are some of the more interesting character combinations?  General tips regarding superpower/equipment selections, or should I just leave it on auto-select?  Do you like to switch characters around a lot, or stick with just a few?  Basically, I'm daunted by the wide array of choices and want some advice on the most "fun" way to play, without having to min/max or powerlevel.  Although  I do want to play efficiently and achieve powerful levels.  If you get what I mean.

Also, how hard is the game?  Specifically, what difficulty level should I play on my first time through?  Ordinarily I would pick "Normal", but GoW has taught me that sometimes "Normal" is too tough for me starting out.

TIA

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 05:04:39 PM »

I found "Normal" difficulty not too bad when I played single player, and a bit too easy when I played co-op.

All the heroes are pretty fun to play.  In particular, I liked Thor (good in melee, can fly, good ranged attacks), Luke Cage (great tank) and Spiderman (decent blaster if you level him up that way, web swinging is fun).   As far as teams go, I think the team I used the most was one of the Avengers variants (Thor, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Captain America). 

I started a second run-through with the Fantastic Four.  That was fun, too.  Once Invisible Woman gets her force-fields, enemies that rely on ranged attacks are pretty much doomed.   

I'd turn off the auto select, particularly for powers.  The computer seems to put a few dots into all the powers, but you really get more bang for your buck if you max out 3 or 4 of them. 

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 05:15:55 PM »

Can you remove dots?  How many dots do you get per level up?  Also, what's the deal with the costumes?  Do you have to physically control the character to unlock the costumes, or just have him in your group?  And what's the money for?

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 12:46:02 AM »

You can suck out a certain amount of points spent into a power.
Press X I believe to pull it out of the current power. It should say the button options on the bottom of the screen.
You earn one point per every even level I think. (might be wrong on this one)

Costumes offer you new passive abilities. Some are better than others if you are leveling up a hero for a specific task. (tank, damage, ranged) New costumes are unlocked by using that hero yourself. If the hero is in your team tagging along, he will not be unlocking costumes until you take control of them and use them in combat. I'm not sure what exactly it is that gets you the new costumes, but I believe it is something like kill 20-30 enemies with a hero to get the second costume, then about 100-120 for the third. The last costume can only be unlocked by doing that hero's simulator disc mission.

You use the credits you earn on upgrading the costume abilities, and you can use them to purchase points for your regular abilities as well, but they seem stupid overpriced. You are better off using the credits on upgrading your hero's costume.

On a side note, playing Arcade mode Coop nets you massive credits at the end of each level.
If you come out on top that is.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 12:48:15 AM by Mikagami » Logged

Gonna eat your face
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: