http://gamingtrend.com
December 07, 2016, 02:33:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox One Discussion  (Read 119939 times)
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #3600 on: February 09, 2016, 04:25:43 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on February 09, 2016, 02:10:45 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on February 09, 2016, 02:35:48 AM

you would probably really like the latest CoD, it's a lot like an updated Black Ops 1 or 2 which I know you enjoyed. 

I did hear that it was pretty good. I'll likely hold off until the new game comes out in November before diving back into the franchise, but there's always the chance that I'll fall off the wagon.

I'll probably just stick to BO3 instead of picking up the new one.  Slim chance I'll get the next Sledgehammer game and almost zero chance I'll get the next IW one.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: February 09, 2016, 04:32:55 PM »

You should get Sunset Overdrive, Sunset Overdrive and Sunset Overdrive.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: February 09, 2016, 04:34:04 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on February 09, 2016, 04:25:43 PM

Quote from: msteelers on February 09, 2016, 02:10:45 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on February 09, 2016, 02:35:48 AM

you would probably really like the latest CoD, it's a lot like an updated Black Ops 1 or 2 which I know you enjoyed. 

I did hear that it was pretty good. I'll likely hold off until the new game comes out in November before diving back into the franchise, but there's always the chance that I'll fall off the wagon.

I'll probably just stick to BO3 instead of picking up the new one.  Slim chance I'll get the next Sledgehammer game and almost zero chance I'll get the next IW one.

Same with me. IW and sledgehammer these last two years have been bad buying decisions I have regretted.  Treyarch seems to do no wrong and have always been able to pull me back into CoD. 

Glad you got an XB1, you get to cherry pick the best titles over the last couple years

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3603 on: February 09, 2016, 06:55:45 PM »

If you own the games, they'll be listed under My Games and Apps (big tile on the main page right before your pins) --> Games (left-side) and then scroll all the way to the right-hand side (Ready to Install). It should show any games you own (digitally) and you can download them directly from there. That list can be pruned - so if there's a game you'll never want to download again, you can hit menu and tell it to hide from the list.

The only reason to check lists of BC games is if you have 360 game disks and aren't sure. You could also pop them into the drive and it'll prompt you to download updates to make them work (if they're currently supported).

If you subscribe to store.microsoft.com's mailing list, you'll end up seeing deals like COD:BLOPS III go for 30 bux + 10 coupon (was on this holiday for that). They sometimes have pre-order bonuses of the same (and yeah, these are disks that get mailed out to you)

I'd also suggest:

Ori and the Blind Forest
Strider
Valiant Hearts
Elite: Dangerous
Rogue Legacy
Super Time Force
Halo: Spartan Assault (and the other one if you like twin-stick shooters)

If you set your XB1 as your home console, everyone gets access to Gold online play under their own live accounts. They can also access your digital library, even if you sign onto another console and are playing it (or anything else) there. You do not have to be signed in to use it.

Also, if you can see at least $30 worth of EA games you want to play, it is likely to your benefit to get EA Access.

You often get 10 hour trials of full games (Unravel is the current "free" 10 hour demo available). Games in "The Vault" are free and accessible to you while your membership is valid.

They also have a month-to-month service.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: February 10, 2016, 01:21:26 PM »

I believe I got mine in the wrong order regarding IW and Sledgehammer, I liked Ghost more than AW.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: February 10, 2016, 09:19:06 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on February 10, 2016, 01:21:26 PM

I believe I got mine in the wrong order regarding IW and Sledgehammer, I liked Ghost more than AW.

Yep:

Treyarch>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>IW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sledgehammer
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: February 10, 2016, 10:07:03 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on February 10, 2016, 01:21:26 PM

I didn't play enough MP in either to say, but in SP, the campaign for AW was better than the one for Ghost.  The exosuit worked a lot better in SP in AW than it ever did in MP.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3607 on: March 02, 2016, 07:33:16 PM »

I haven't seen too much noise being made about this yet, but it seems as if Microsoft is talking about the potential for hardware upgrades to come to the Xbox One.  There's a lot of talk about their Universal Windows Applications and the Universal Windows Platform unifying the Xbox One software and Windows 10.

But there are also some of more specific quotes from Phil Spencer:
In other [consumer technology] ecosystems you get more continuous innovation in hardware that you rarely see in consoles because consoles lock the hardware and software platforms together at the beginning and they ride the generation out for seven years or so. We’re allowing ourselves to decouple our software platform from the hardware platform on which it runs.

We believe we will see more hardware innovation in the console space than we’ve ever seen. We’ll see us come out with new hardware capability during a generation and allow the same games to run backwards and forward compatible because we have UWAs running on top of UWP. It allows us to focus on hardware innovation without invalidating the games that run on that platform.

We can effectively feel a little bit more like what we see on PC where I can still go back and run my old Quake and Doom games, but then I can also see the best 4K games coming out. Hardware innovation continues and software takes advantage. I don’t have to jump generation and lose everything I played before.

Here's a couple articles talking about it:
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/mar/01/microsoft-to-unify-pc-and-xbox-one-platforms-ending-fixed-console-hardware
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsoft-plans-to-upgrade-xbox-one-hardware-unify/1100-5406/
http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/1/11121666/xbox-one-hardware-upgrades-phil-spencer-microsoft

Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Bullwinkle

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: March 02, 2016, 08:14:58 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on March 02, 2016, 07:33:16 PM

I haven't seen too much noise being made about this yet, but it seems as if Microsoft is talking about the potential for hardware upgrades to come to the Xbox One.  There's a lot of talk about their Universal Windows Applications and the Universal Windows Platform unifying the Xbox One software and Windows 10.

But there are also some of more specific quotes from Phil Spencer:
In other [consumer technology] ecosystems you get more continuous innovation in hardware that you rarely see in consoles because consoles lock the hardware and software platforms together at the beginning and they ride the generation out for seven years or so. We’re allowing ourselves to decouple our software platform from the hardware platform on which it runs.

We believe we will see more hardware innovation in the console space than we’ve ever seen. We’ll see us come out with new hardware capability during a generation and allow the same games to run backwards and forward compatible because we have UWAs running on top of UWP. It allows us to focus on hardware innovation without invalidating the games that run on that platform.

We can effectively feel a little bit more like what we see on PC where I can still go back and run my old Quake and Doom games, but then I can also see the best 4K games coming out. Hardware innovation continues and software takes advantage. I don’t have to jump generation and lose everything I played before.

Here's a couple articles talking about it:
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/mar/01/microsoft-to-unify-pc-and-xbox-one-platforms-ending-fixed-console-hardware
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsoft-plans-to-upgrade-xbox-one-hardware-unify/1100-5406/
http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/1/11121666/xbox-one-hardware-upgrades-phil-spencer-microsoft

I haven't quite been able to get my head around it yet.

It's either huge or nothing.

"The cause of death was asphyxiation, or smothering, in layman's terms."

"What does 'layman's terms' mean?"
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3609 on: June 08, 2016, 03:43:33 AM »

If anyone cares, they put up a preview video of the Summer Update coming soon.

MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: June 08, 2016, 12:44:09 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on June 08, 2016, 03:43:33 AM

If anyone cares, they put up a preview video of the Summer Update coming soon.

Sadly, I pretty much only turn my Xbox One on when there's an update. My biggest issue with them is they have been focused on the "social" aspect of the console, that or the TV integration, neither of which have hardly any use for me. Yes, that makes me a non-social does not party or multi curmudgeon of a single player gamer, but hey... that's me all over.  nod

So leaving out crap like "Facebook Friends Finder", at least this time they addressed some non-social aspects of their silly interface:

Manage my collection was really needed
Alphabetic groups helps
Ready to Install moved to the left pane
My Games and Apps on the home screen
Combining stores on Xbox and W10

Oh, and Cortana. I have a Kinect but have never had much desire to talk to my Xbox. However, it is a positive step and as they noted, brings consistency across their three platforms.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3611 on: June 08, 2016, 01:44:17 PM »

I also like that they are showing when your friends are playing PC games that aren't on the Windows Store, like things from Steam.  That continues their "put this on whatever platform" that they had kind of been doing with some mobile stuff.

Bullwinkle

View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: June 08, 2016, 03:02:50 PM »

I was hoping the Manage my Collection stuff would include more pins.

Maybe the new organization stuff will make that need less of an issue, though.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3613 on: June 13, 2016, 06:08:43 PM »

Two major news items for XBox One hardware

XBox One S
40% slimmer
Integrated PSU
4K support
Can stand vertically (!) :/
comes in white, others?

Project Scorpio
Initial details
6 teraflops
4K resolution support
VR without sacrificing performance
Project Scorpio
"Most powerful Console ever"
Holiday 2017
Full cross compatibility among XBox One family
"gaming beyond generations"  - start of the whole revision vs generation cycle on console?

Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: June 13, 2016, 10:16:39 PM »

Knew its was coming but don't know about announcing the "Scorpio" now when its still 1 1/2 years away. Feels like them trying to preempt Sony since the "Neo" PS4 will probably be out before. Also seems to undercut interest in the announced S version. Buy a new console in August when a substantially more powerful version comes out in a little more than a year after?
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #3615 on: June 13, 2016, 10:59:21 PM »

Quote from: Caine on June 13, 2016, 06:08:43 PM

Two major news items for XBox One hardware

XBox One S
40% slimmer
Integrated PSU
4K support
Can stand vertically (!) :/
comes in white, others?

Project Scorpio
Initial details
6 teraflops
4K resolution support
VR without sacrificing performance
Project Scorpio
"Most powerful Console ever"
Holiday 2017
Full cross compatibility among XBox One family
"gaming beyond generations"  - start of the whole revision vs generation cycle on console?

A few tech forums are claiming the blu ray player is an UHD player. If that is true, the slim is a steal. I was about to buy the Samsung UHD player for $399. Now I'm in a holding pattern for confirmation.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: June 14, 2016, 10:48:16 AM »

Folks considering the revised console should know the XB1-S will not have a port for the Kinect:

Quote from: Polygon
"In order to make the Xbox One S as compact as possible and make all of these updates, we removed the dedicated Kinect port from the back," said Matt Lapsen, general manager of marketing for Xbox devices, in a post on the Xbox Wire.

It will still be possible to use a Kinect with the white console, although you'll need an adapter in order to plug the Kinect into one of the Xbox One S unit's two USB 3.0 ports. The accessory in question, the Kinect Adapter for Windows, regularly costs $49.99. Microsoft will be offering the adapter for free, but only to Xbox One S buyers who already own an Xbox One and an Xbox One Kinect.

Eligible customers will be able to order the free adapter on this page once the offer goes live. For now, Microsoft is recommending that interested parties ensure that the serial numbers for their current Xbox One and Kinect sensor are registered with the company's device support site.

I don't have a Kinect myself, but I know some people like using the voice commands.  Best to register for that free adapter while you can!

-Autistic Angel
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3617 on: June 14, 2016, 02:26:29 PM »

That's nice of them offering the device for free to people who sign up, but holy crap, $50 for what amounts to a USB adapter? 

Anyone currently thinking of upgrading?  I would consider it for a larger HD option (500gb seemed like such a big number back then, didn't it?), but my current contract is up in the air, so I may not have a guaranteed income to spend on luxuries.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3618 on: June 14, 2016, 05:48:12 PM »

From what Giant Bomb was saying, even the S console is going to be a slight upgrade from the standard Xbox One so it will play games like Gears 4 a bit more smoothly and at higher resolution most of the time (since they use adaptive resolution to fix framerate like the newer Halo games).  It will be interesting to see how much of a difference that ends up being.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: June 14, 2016, 11:05:06 PM »

Quote from: Caine on June 14, 2016, 02:26:29 PM

That's nice of them offering the device for free to people who sign up, but holy crap, $50 for what amounts to a USB adapter? 

Anyone currently thinking of upgrading?  I would consider it for a larger HD option (500gb seemed like such a big number back then, didn't it?), but my current contract is up in the air, so I may not have a guaranteed income to spend on luxuries.

I pre-ordered from Amazon but will make my final decision in August.  Seems like a good upgrade all around, particularly for the 4K capabilities.
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: June 15, 2016, 12:39:29 AM »

I preordered the XB1 S (2 terabytes)
Mostly because my XB1 is having a hard time reading blu ray movies and games.

Semper Fidelis

Bullwinkle

View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: June 15, 2016, 05:31:44 AM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on June 15, 2016, 12:39:29 AM

I preordered the XB1 S (2 terabytes)
Mostly because my XB1 is having a hard time reading blu ray movies and games.

Here's the trick I use:

Let the drive start pulling the disc in, but hold onto it (I put my finger in the center).  Soon, the drive will whir faster, and you can let it go.  It loads every time when I do this.

The whole process only takes a second or two, but, yeah, it would be better if it just worked.

Bullwinkle

View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: June 15, 2016, 05:37:27 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on June 14, 2016, 05:48:12 PM

From what Giant Bomb was saying, even the S console is going to be a slight upgrade from the standard Xbox One so it will play games like Gears 4 a bit more smoothly and at higher resolution most of the time (since they use adaptive resolution to fix framerate like the newer Halo games).  It will be interesting to see how much of a difference that ends up being.

Xbox One S won't give games a performance boost, Microsoft insists

Extra CPU, GPU power "will have no impact at all"

Xbox One games will look "identical" on Xbox One S, Microsoft has said, despite the newer console's slight boost in processing power.

Speaking with Eurogamer today at E3, Xbox planning lead Albert Penello stated that the additional CPU and GPU access granted to developers for Xbox One S in order to enable HDR will have "literally no impact" on the performance of games.

"When we made changes to the box for 4K we unlocked a little bit more processing power to enable HDR. That's it. It's exactly the same architecture as the existing one," Penello told me during a presentation on the new console.

"To support HDR, we give people access to a little more CPU and GPU. That's it. It is so insignificant it is mind boggling it is being picked up."

Yesterday, a Polygon report claimed Gears of War 4 would perform better on Xbox One S, and that the newer console's raw processing power could be used to improve its frame-rate and resolution.

Some have speculated Xbox One would overclock its GPU and CPU, but Penello denied this.

When asked whether there would be any performance difference, Penello was clear:

"I promise, it won't even show up. It will have no impact on games at all. Literally no impact. They will be identical. It's nothing, it is literally nothing."

Eurogamer was told the same thing today by Xbox boss Phil Spencer, speaking with Wes.

"It was designed to play Xbox One games exactly the same way your existing Xbox One does," Spencer said. "The one definitive feature that's different is HDR. So, with the increased HDMI capability, it has the ability to support high dynamic range.

"I will say - and I've been asked about this - and I'm not trying to dodge the question, you should expect it to play your games the same way an Xbox One does. We did not design this to play Xbox One games better than the original Xbox One console."

Spencer did not count out some minor differences, which happen when things change with console innards.

"We've gone through - even on the existing hardware - multiple hardware iterations on the inside. There will be certain decisions that are made either for cost reasons or other supply chain reasons that can result in slightly different performance, whether it's disc drive throughput... everything's not always pegged at exactly the same number.

"But honestly, do not buy this box if you think you're buying it to play your Xbox One games better, because it was not designed to go do that. It was designed to play your Xbox One games exactly the way your Xbox One does.

"I don't want anybody to think this is somehow a performance boost for Xbox One games. That's why we said HDR on-screen, and that's what we want to be explicit about. Outside of that, you should expect your Xbox One games to run exactly the same."

While Xbox One S won't give games a significant performance boost, it can be used to improve visuals - specifically regarding High Dynamic Range. Gears of War 4, Scalebound and Forza Horizon 3 are all confirmed to benefit in some way.

The small bit of extra power is just there for the HDR.

Bullwinkle

View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: June 15, 2016, 01:43:36 PM »

And there's a similar downplay of Scorpio coming from Phil Spencer.

Don't have a 4K TV? Xbox head suggests not upgrading to Scorpio

Here's the relevant quote:

You should buy [an Xbox One S], because Scorpio is not going to do anything for you. Scorpio is designed as a 4K console, and if you don't have a 4K TV, the benefit we've designed for, you're not going to see.

Clearly, you can buy Scorpio, and if and when you decide you want to buy a 4K television to take advantage of the increased performance, obviously the console will be ready for you. For us in the industry, it's easy to think that most power is always the thing that wins. If you look at last gen, what won? The Wii won. The Wii sold more than we did on Xbox 360 and the PS3, and it wasn't the most powerful console out there. Price is critically important. Wii was a good price and it had a great experience.

Scorpio is for the person who's got a 4K television, who's really focused on 4K gaming. It's going to be a premium price over what we're selling this one for, and both of them will exist in the market at the same time. Scorpio is for your 4K gamer. And that's what we designed it for.

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: June 15, 2016, 01:52:15 PM »

So now do I wait for an "S" or should I just buy a fatty model and save a few bucks?

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: June 15, 2016, 04:23:53 PM »

If I were your friend, or someone with enough basic empathy to be interested in the general well-being of a stranger, I would recommend waiting for the Scorpio model to be available. You've already waited this far into the console cycle, and a little more time will either score you a much more powerful console -or- an even better price on the obsolete models. Today's money seems better dedicated towards a top-line Windows 10 gaming PC where you'll be able to play most of those good games anyhow.  That's what I've been doing.

But I am sustained by consuming the tears of bitter regret so, by all means, buy yourself an XBox One today.  Get thee to an electonics outlet this morrow!

-Autistic Angel
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3626 on: June 15, 2016, 04:47:18 PM »

Well, if you are constantly waiting for the "next big thing" then you miss out on another 18 months of awesome games you could be playing right now.  And then you'll say "I should wait until the Scorpio model is even cheaper..." and it never ends.

As for getting an S vs a fatty, my opinion is that unless you already have a 4k TV or will for sure be buying a new TV in the next year or two, you're probably just best off to get a cheaper Xbox One today and playing some games now.  As of a couple hours ago the 1TB Halo 5 bundle was the cheapest one on Amazon right now, but now they've jacked the price up so it must be running out of stock.   
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 04:51:28 PM by EngineNo9 » Logged

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: June 18, 2016, 10:04:21 AM »

gonna miss my voice commands greatly
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3628 on: June 18, 2016, 02:22:02 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 18, 2016, 10:04:21 AM

Does that mean you bought an S and don't intend on getting the USB adapter?

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: June 18, 2016, 04:35:10 PM »

not yet, but if I get either of them I doubt I get the adapter.

still a bit bummed they caved instead of either sticking to their guns or really committing to the kinect by taking a loss on the bundles.
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #3630 on: June 18, 2016, 09:00:27 PM »

Hololens is probably the direction they will with that instead of Kinect.  Imagine the integration of Hololens with the XBOX what they could do with the games.
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: June 18, 2016, 11:18:21 PM »

Voice commands are still in with the "S" version, but will have to use the headset mic

Semper Fidelis

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: June 18, 2016, 11:58:50 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on June 18, 2016, 11:18:21 PM

Voice commands are still in with the "S" version, but will have to use the headset mic

better than nothing, but it means I can't toggle mute to you guys when saying 'record that' anymore.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: June 19, 2016, 01:44:05 AM »

Quote from: drifter on June 18, 2016, 09:00:27 PM

Hololens is probably the direction they will with that instead of Kinect.  Imagine the integration of Hololens with the XBOX what they could do with the games.

Hololens is too far off with current field of view issues and price. More likely they are partnering with Facebook to make Occulus Rift compatible with the Scorpio.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: June 19, 2016, 04:28:36 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 18, 2016, 11:58:50 PM

Quote from: USMC Kato on June 18, 2016, 11:18:21 PM

better than nothing, but it means I can't toggle mute to you guys when saying 'record that' anymore.

ya, but when they hear you say that thinking of it as a shaming moment Tongue
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3635 on: August 01, 2016, 08:59:12 PM »

They have been rolling out the Summer Update over the weekend and here is a video with the major features.

Here's the feature list from Major Nelson

Xbox One

Background Music: Today’s update brings the ability for the highly requested feature of Background Music, which lets you listen to your favorite music in the background while gaming on Xbox One. The Pandora app, launching soon, is the first of many partners who will support Background Music, with Groove Music, iHeartRadio and other apps coming later.

Cortana on Xbox One: Cortana is now available on Xbox One in the U.S. and U.K. With Cortana, gamers can expect more from voice commands on Xbox. In addition to more commands and greater accuracy with natural language and text dictation, Cortana provides the ability to use a headset or Kinect. You’ll be able to use Cortana to find great new games, see what your friends are up to, start a party, accomplish common tasks, turn on your Xbox One if you’re using Kinect, and more. We’ll continue to build more Cortana features over time as part of our vision to have Cortana be your personal digital assistant for gaming.

Improved Game Collection: We’ve updated the Game Collection interface to make it faster and easier to find and launch the games you’re looking for. Now you’ll be able to sort, manage and see more of your Game Collection easily, quickly access your own ‘Ready to Install’ tab, update your games or apps using the new ‘Updates’ tab, and get more information about titles in your queue.

Language Region Independence: Based on overwhelming fan feedback, we’ve enabled Language Region Independence to give gamers even more control over their Xbox experience. Language Region Independence allows you to choose any supported language on Xbox One, regardless of the location. For example, if you’re in the U.S. and move to Germany, you can now keep your language set to English on Xbox One and enjoy your experiences in English.

Xbox and Windows Store convergence: We’re starting to combine the best of the Xbox Store and Windows Store to give gamers a single cohesive experience across their devices. On Xbox One, we’ve streamlined the shopping experience to help you find the games you love faster and at the best prices. You’ll be able to filter search results by genre, read reviews written by fellow gamers – including those voted “most helpful” by the Xbox Live community – easily recognize what titles are on sale with strikethrough pricing in lists, and more. We’ve also added several new channels to help you discover the content you love even faster.

On the Windows Store, we’re adding support so gamers can soon browse and purchase bundles, episodic games, season passes, virtual currency and other game add-ons and DLC. You can also redeem Xbox tokens, subscriptions, games or DLC through the Windows Store. And developers can make their games available for pre-order/pre-download so you can buy a game any time before it launches, play it right when it comes out, and you won’t be billed for your purchase until shortly before the title launches. This fall, the store integration makes Xbox Play Anywhere possible, so when you buy supported digital games, you can play on both Windows 10 and Xbox One at no extra cost.

Facebook Friend Finder: Now on the Xbox One, connect your Facebook account to your Xbox Live account to find your Xbox playing Facebook Friends. You only need to connect your account once via Facebook Login; if you’ve already gone through the steps on the Xbox app for Windows 10, iOS or Android, then you’re all set! Otherwise, now you have the option to log into your Facebook account from your Xbox One, making it easier to find more people to play games and have fun with.

Improved sharing on Xbox One: We’ve made it easier to share your screenshots, GameDVR clips, and achievements on Xbox One. Gamers can now share their most epic clips and screenshots with the community right from home. We’ve also updated the Activity Feed settings so you can now decide what will get automatically shared to your feed.

Xbox app and Windows 10 PC gaming

Top Windows 10 PC games show up on Xbox Live: We’re bringing the top Windows 10 PC games like League of Legends and XCOM 2 together with the Xbox Live community. Meaning, your favorite Windows 10 PC games will have their own Game Hubs on Xbox Live. Whether you’re on your PC, Xbox One, or mobile phone, you’ll be able to see what PC games your friends are playing, share your own PC gaming clips and screenshots with the community, and message your friends on Xbox Live. On both Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs, you‘ll also be able to party chat with your friends no matter what they’re doing.

60 fps game clip recording with the Game Bar: Using the new “Very High” video quality setting in the Xbox app, you will be able to record your game clips in up to 60 frames per second from the Game Bar (Windows + G) once the Windows 10 Anniversary Update starts to roll out on Aug. 2.

Windows Game Bar improved full-screen support: One of the most common requests we see for the Windows 10 GameDVR feature is the ability to use the Windows Game Bar with more games running in full-screen.  We’ve added support for six additional games in full-screen mode with Windows Game Bar: League of Legends, World of Warcraft, DOTA 2, Battlefield 4, Counterstrike: Global Offensive, and Diablo III. With those games, once the Windows 10 Anniversary Update starts to roll out on Aug. 2, you’ll be able to use Windows + G to bring up the Windows Game Bar when the game is running full-screen.

Xbox app on mobile

Xbox app on iOS and Android: Announced and released during E3, the Xbox app is now available on iOS and Android. The Xbox app brings together your friends, games and accomplishments across all of your devices. Now, you can stay connected to the Xbox Live community, see what your friends are playing, share game clips and screenshots, and view achievements through the Xbox app on Windows 10, iOS and Android devices.
The team has been hard at work to release these features to the broader community and we’re eager to hear what you think – keep the suggestions coming on Xbox Feedback. And stay tuned for more details about the next Xbox system update: we’re planning to bring Looking for Group (LFG), Clubs, Arena, and more to Xbox Live with the update coming this holiday.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: August 01, 2016, 11:32:08 PM »

I hope Background Music brings Spotify to the system. Pandora is fine, but I actually pay for Spotify each month so having it on both the PS4 and XBone would be nice.

As a big detractor to the system in the past, I have to say the most recent updates have made it much better. The UI doesn't chug nearly as much as before and I can generally get to what I want quickly without trying to too hard.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: