http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 11:23:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maniac Mansion Remade  (Read 992 times)
Sepiche
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2004, 11:05:17 PM »

http://people.freenet.de/lucasfangames/maniac/index_eng.htm

Bunch of fans of the original got together and remade it with (slightly) better graphics and much better sound.  Looks like they also did an unofficial sequel to Zak McKraken.

Someof my fondest old game memories are from playing Maniac Mansion... very cool.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Shifter
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 11:23:33 PM »

Saw this a few months ago.  One of my favorite games of all times but I haven't played it in a decade.  Wonder how it holds up?
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004, 01:09:55 AM »

I downloaded this a while back as well.  It really brought back a lot of memories.  This is one of the first games I ever played and even after well over a decade I still remembered how to solve some of the puzzles.  The sequel, Day of the Tentacle, remains one of my favorite games.

Upon further inspection it looks like this is a new "Director's Cut" of Maniac Mansion Deluxe, not the same as the Deluxe before.  Awesome!  Thanks for bringing this to our attention as I don't think I would have bothered to check for more MM goodness.

I'm also looking forward to the new Zak McKracken they talk about there.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2004, 06:52:12 AM »

Retro Remakes is a great site for information on remakes of old games like these.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2004, 07:16:13 AM »

Quote from: "EddieA"
Retro Remakes is a great site for information on remakes of old games like these.

Awesome - i just bookmarked it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: