http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 02:08:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Major League Baseball 2k7 [2kSports]  (Read 9917 times)
jblank
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2007, 01:58:59 AM »

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/768/768722p1.html

7.9 fellas.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2007, 02:58:23 AM »

Two words: OUT!

I grabbed it when I was at BB tonight but luckily played the demo before I opened it.

Please correct me if I'm missing some option or anything.

Fielding is a mess, and to make it worse, it doesn't have to be. There's just too much shit going on on the screen for me to find the friggin ball. You have the ball trail (I know this can go, but you need it for fly balls) then there's the whole baserunning overlay that moves at the same time as the ball's hit (makes sense) but with the stupid camera angle it looks like the screen is exploding every time the ball is hit. There's the switch to the fielding cam, the ball trail and the baserunning overlay that are all shooting out from the plate at the same time. WTF!?!

It could have been good if they toned everything down (just like MVP!).

On the other hand - I hit back to back, to back HRs off Wagner and Endy Chavez made ANOTHER wall scaling catch.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2007, 03:02:41 AM »

I sort of agree, but I'm not having any fielding PROBLEMS. It was just something I had to get used to, but I do agree, the screen is WAY too busy. I swear though Devil, you should give is a shot, because it does seem to play a good game of ball with some tweaks, and I think its a keeper. Out of a 1-10 scale, I go with a solid 7.5 right now, but last year gets a 3 from me, so it's much improved, and I am happy with it.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2007, 03:10:32 AM »

jb - I would keep it and try to get the most out of it IF there wasn't another baseball game on the horizon.

MLB:The Show was outstanding last year and unless the completely screw it up, there's no reason to keep a lesser game.

It's not even an NHL '07 v. NHL 2K7 thing where you had good and bad points with both and they played different enough to warrant doubling up.

MLB: The Show, hit every target, and I'm betting on it doing the same this year.

If I keep 2K7 (which I guess I still could) T2 will never learn their lesson. Think of me as sacraficing for the better of mankind.  slywink

If Ron shoots it to me for a review, I'll run it through it's full paces, but at this point, I see no reason to.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2007, 03:29:38 AM »

well i've played several more games in the demo and i'm about sold now.  i agree with everyone else that the fielding can be a mess, but i gotta think with some playtime you can adjust to it.  i've finally got the pitching down and i actually really like it alot more than i thought i originally did.  hitting is still hit or miss with me and i can't pick up the pitches real good right now, which is ok with me.  i'd much rather play a defensive baseball game than a slugfest.

also jblank, to make a mound visit (atleast in the demo) hit the left button and hightlight your pitcher and then click mound visit.  i'm gonna go play a few more games of the demo and if it still holds up, i'm buying tomorrow. 

i usually wait till sports games are bargain bin and after the season to pick them up.  being a baseball fan it seems like a good time to get ready for the season.

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2007, 03:40:48 AM »

Thanks for the impressies jblank.  I went and picked up a copy - my will is weak...so weak.  icon_smile

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2007, 04:15:54 AM »

Hmm. I don't have any problems with the fielding.  I kind of like how you have to use the sprint trigger sparingly on gap shots.  I like the pitching interface too.  I am having alot of trouble hitting consistantly on the pro difficulty so far using the right stick.  But I think I could get used to it with practice.  I may pick this up if I see it on sale somewhere.  No PS3 for me and I just can't go back to the PS2 for sports games.  I might get the Show on the PSP depending on reviews.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2007, 05:06:34 AM »

God... if I could just get a release date for The Show I wouldn't at all be tempted by this.  But yet... I can't, so I am.

gellar
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2007, 05:10:44 AM »

Quote from: gellar on February 28, 2007, 05:06:34 AM

God... if I could just get a release date for The Show I wouldn't at all be tempted by this.  But yet... I can't, so I am.

gellar

Yeah, I'm picking up The Show for PSP and this is still tempting me.   I need some damn next-gen baseball, and I'm not about to buy a PS3 to get it.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2007, 05:24:13 AM »

Quote from: Clanwolfer on February 28, 2007, 05:10:44 AM

Quote from: gellar on February 28, 2007, 05:06:34 AM

gellar

Yeah, I'm picking up The Show for PSP and this is still tempting me.   I need some damn next-gen baseball, and I'm not about to buy a PS3 to get it.

Yeah I knew it would be this time where I'd regret not having a PSP anymore... that would totally tide me over and not overlap at all.

That being said, I wouldn't really want to start a franchise without opening day rosters anyway, so I suppose the prudent thing to do would be to wait for the PS3 Show to release.  ITS JUST SO HARD TO WAIT.

gellar
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2007, 05:47:24 AM »

Quote from: Devil on February 28, 2007, 03:10:32 AM

jb - I would keep it and try to get the most out of it IF there wasn't another baseball game on the horizon.

MLB:The Show was outstanding last year and unless the completely screw it up, there's no reason to keep a lesser game.

It's not even an NHL '07 v. NHL 2K7 thing where you had good and bad points with both and they played different enough to warrant doubling up.

MLB: The Show, hit every target, and I'm betting on it doing the same this year.

If I keep 2K7 (which I guess I still could) T2 will never learn their lesson. Think of me as sacraficing for the better of mankind.  slywink

If Ron shoots it to me for a review, I'll run it through it's full paces, but at this point, I see no reason to.

My feelings exactly. While this game is much improved, it's still not even close to the bar The Show has set.  It'll do as filler until The Show 07 comes out on PS3 in about a month.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2007, 01:43:49 PM »

Are you ready for this?

Expect the unexpected...  (Someone's is going to wring my neck)

Last night, around 7:00pm, my buddy shoots over to my place and pulls out the game.  He is a baseball nut, and couldn't wait for The Show.  We sit down and play two complete games head to head on my 360.  When you play that way on the same 360, there is no Inside Edge (at least I couldn't find it) nor Payoff Pitching (I think).  So what you're left with is basically the standard game.  As a comparison, this is the same guy I played MLB 06:The Show with almost on a weekly basis head to head over the past year.  We play A LOT of video baseball together.  Anyway...

I think I'm going to end up buying this game.   icon_redface

Here are the things about the game I do not like:  The Fielding and the at-times-assinine Camera. 

That's about it.  Everything else is so well done, so well presented, so fun, so easy to pick up, and so cool, I just can't help myself.  A very important note that should not be taken lightly is this:  There are sliders for just about everything.  It's really amazing.  Assuming for a moment that they all actually work...  You can tailor-make this game to play just about anyway you want.  (with the caveat being I don't see a way to fix the fielding camera).  This is very important to me, as having accurate walks and balls thrown outside the strike zone are super important to me when playing my seasons. 

About the fielding:  I am actually starting to get used to it.  That doesn't mean I like it... but I am beginning to adjust to it's wonkyness, and can see myself dealing with it.  Unlike last year's version of the game, which just absolutely blew enormous chunks in every conceivable way, this game is not even in the same ballpark.  (that was kinda funny right there.)  That being said, I'm not prepared to say the game is on the same level as The Show, cause frankly, I'm guessing it isn't.  Time will tell.  But... it does bring a lot to the party, and it does so with a fantastic presentation and nice, clean graphics.

Some stuff I really like that probably won't get alot of attention:

My buddy likes the K-zone pitching method.  I like the newer Payoff Pitching circle method.  No problem.  We set up the method we both like at the beginning of the game.  He likes to be zoomed in close to the plate when batting, I like being zoomed back a bit.  No problem, adjust it for each person.  He likes classic batting, I want to learn swing-stick... no problem.  Etc.. etc...

The menus are so very clean and laid out efficiently.  (Yep, one of those so "not important" things that irk me if messed up). 

I could go on, but suffice to say I will probably buy two games this year again, only this time both will get play time, as opposed to last year where one was a total joke. 

Now, if the rumor that there IS slowdown on the ps2 version of The Show is true, I am extremely glad this game is acceptable to me.

More stuff as I play more, as usual.

Edit:  Thanks for the impressions jblank.  I appreciate the effort to report the good and bad.  I hope you continue to do so as you play and discover more.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 01:50:18 PM by Lockdown » Logged

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2007, 01:56:41 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on February 28, 2007, 03:29:38 AM

well i've played several more games in the demo and i'm about sold now.  i agree with everyone else that the fielding can be a mess, but i gotta think with some playtime you can adjust to it.  i've finally got the pitching down and i actually really like it alot more than i thought i originally did.  hitting is still hit or miss with me and i can't pick up the pitches real good right now, which is ok with me.  i'd much rather play a defensive baseball game than a slugfest.

also jblank, to make a mound visit (atleast in the demo) hit the left button and hightlight your pitcher and then click mound visit.  i'm gonna go play a few more games of the demo and if it still holds up, i'm buying tomorrow. 

i usually wait till sports games are bargain bin and after the season to pick them up.  being a baseball fan it seems like a good time to get ready for the season.

Thanks for finding the mound visit, I will use that today when I get home and start playing again.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2007, 01:58:40 PM »

Quote from: Nth Power on February 28, 2007, 03:40:48 AM

Thanks for the impressies jblank.  I went and picked up a copy - my will is weak...so weak.  icon_smile

I don't think you will be disappointed. A sports game is its worst in the first week, after that time, people develop good sliders, your skills get better, and the game is more enjoyable. This game is so improved over last years version, that I think with some tuning, it might rival the best Baseball games of the last 5 years or so, it can be that good.

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2007, 03:42:57 PM »

Well i'm definitely picking up the retail version in the next day or so.  I gotta work the next 2 nights so it won't be until Friday evening that i can play any. 

Anyhow, i've played several games on Pro level now and the difficulty is still way too easy.  I'm hitting 2 or 3 home runs and not giving up any runs myself.  I'd be interested in seeing some slider suggestions as i get ready to start in a couple days.  I'm looking for realistic settings (as i'm sure most are). 

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2007, 04:26:17 PM »

Does anyone know what resolutions the PS3 versions of MLB and The Show support?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 04:43:47 PM by Scraper » Logged

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2007, 04:56:41 PM »

And here...

TeamXbox weighs in

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2007, 05:26:34 PM »

Hey, thanks for the impressions guys - I appreciate it.

I picked up 2K7 and The Show for the PSP.  I'll play tonight and get some comparisons up (though I'm pretty sure I know how they'll compare).
dback99
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2007, 05:48:57 PM »

Maybe its just me, but im still having a hell of a time with the fielding camera.  Most of the time, I can't see the ball or react to it because of the angle. Its just such a bizzare choice.  I wanted to like it, but the fielding thing is killing this game for me.   I played for almost 2 hours last night and although the wife got enjoyment out of how I could string together swear words in such creative ways, I was totally frustrated by this angle.  Good lord, if they could have just pulled that together it would have been great. 

-dback

Xbox Live tag: dback99

Listening to: volbeat!!

Playing: swtor, skyrim, rocksmith, ootp11
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2007, 06:00:49 PM »

I'm confused about peoples' issues with fielding.  There is a marker on the ground where the ball will land.  Don't you guys just run to the marker? Why do you have to see the ball right away?

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
dback99
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2007, 06:07:42 PM »

Flyballs are fairly easy since you have some time.  My issues are with groundballs.  I can't pic them up fast enough.  The camera changes to where it looks like its behind and eye level with the catcher, and I just can't get a read on the ball or the marker.  Its just a strange angle for fielding.  Im used to it being higher up over the infield, not that far back and low.  Again, im probably in the minority here as folks seem to enjoy the game.  For me, its just a dealbreaker.

-dback

Xbox Live tag: dback99

Listening to: volbeat!!

Playing: swtor, skyrim, rocksmith, ootp11
Old Negus

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2007, 07:13:07 PM »

The way I've always is played defense is to let the computer make the actual catch in the infield or outfield and then I pick which base to throw to (in Earl Weaver Baseball and then in High Heat). Does 2K7 let you play this way?
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2007, 07:23:39 PM »

Not exactly. 

What you are talking about is commonly referred to as "Auto Fielding".  2k7 has something called "Fielding Assist" which will get your guys moving in the correct direction to begin the play, but then backs off and lets (makes) you control the fielder if he has to move more than a little bit.

Taking this option out of the game just seems stupid to me, but since I never used Auto Fielding, it doesn't bother me personally.  However, if I did use it in the past, I would be extremely upset that it was taken out.

The above is going off what I remember after looking at the options and reading last night, someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

LD

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2007, 07:55:16 PM »

I've found the fielding to be the low point so far.  Not game breaking by any means, but mildly annoying especially on harder hit balls to the outfield.  It may lessen as I play more, hopefully.  I don't understand why they only included one fielding view.  Weird.

I'm glad that Kush finally got their act together.  This feels more like the game last year's should have been.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Old Negus

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2007, 09:52:52 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on February 28, 2007, 07:23:39 PM

Not exactly. 

What you are talking about is commonly referred to as "Auto Fielding".  2k7 has something called "Fielding Assist" which will get your guys moving in the correct direction to begin the play, but then backs off and lets (makes) you control the fielder if he has to move more than a little bit.

Taking this option out of the game just seems stupid to me, but since I never used Auto Fielding, it doesn't bother me personally.  However, if I did use it in the past, I would be extremely upset that it was taken out.

The above is going off what I remember after looking at the options and reading last night, someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

Hmm, thanks Lockdown. I'll have to give the demo a whirl and see if the fielding is enjoyable. Maybe it'll be fun...
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2007, 04:28:10 AM »

I'll be amazed if you find it "enjoyable", to be honest.

I just finished game 1 of my franchise.  Won the game 5-4, with Carlos Lee hitting a walk-off homerun to win the game at home.  That part was great.

Here's the disturbing thing:  Out of the 4 runs Oswalt gave up, 3 of them were due to fielding errors on my part due to the shitty camera angles mixed with the ball flat-out getting to places too fast off the bat.  These must be turbo-balls or something, cause they ain't Major League issued balls, that's for certain.

VERY frustrating part of an otherwise stellar game. 

Franchise is a very deep, well organized, fun-as-hell experience in 2k7 (despite it's apparent screwups, like any bb game franchise mode).  But the fielding is driving me up a wall.  Just when I think things are going o.k., turbo-ball or camera-from-hell strikes again.

What a shame.

I just watched a video on YOUTUBE  of MLB 07 The Show in action, and watching the fielding camera and overall speed of the game just makes me cry that 2k7 couldn't have copied it.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 10:52:02 AM by Lockdown » Logged

LD

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2007, 12:14:43 PM »

Can the ball speed be changed via sliders Lockdown?

Is the fielding camera something you think you will get used to after 10 or 15 games?
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2007, 12:58:18 PM »

Hey Arkon.

I'm not thinking the ballspeed off the bat can be changed.  The more I play, the more I think it's just a product of the in-game physics, and how it all works internally.  I think it's a product (result) of the way the game is coded.   It's probably especially noticable to those of us who played a lot of MVP or The Show, and got accustomed to the ball speed of those games, but who knows. 

As far as getting used to it goes, I'm not sure.  I thought I was for awhile, but then this happens every so often.  And to be clear, sometimes it's just the trajectory of the ball, as someone just hits a really flat shot into the gaps.  That is not a problem, as that happens in real life, of course.  Judging those can be a bear sometimes though, due to the low camera angles.  It's hard to explain unless you experience it.  As far as infield stuff goes... again, 80% of the time, I do not have issues.  But about 15-20% of the time, the ball just isn't where I think it is.  I've been playing video baseball games for a long time now, so it's not an issue of not understanding how balls react off the bat or when they take bad hops off the ground.  It's more a matter of the ball speed combined with the camera angles.  If I had to guess, I'd say a person could get used it, but I'm certainly not positive that is the case.

LD

BuckeyeShane
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2007, 01:32:02 PM »

Lockdown do you have that one option turned off, can't remember the exact name but always follow fielder or something like that.  I've not yet had the camera cost me a run.  I'm playing as the indians and the last 2 games I've won 3-1 and 2-0 playing on pro difficulty.  I know in the demo I had definite problems with the camera and not being able to pick up the ball but changing that option I spoke of above to off and also maybe try turning display player names to none in the options (so it doesnt display their name when they are selected, as it is kind of distracting).  I think it plays a great game of baseball, and I think you just need to get used to the fielding becuase if I can win close games with the Indians the controls definitely need to be spot on  icon_smile  One cool thing I saw during one of my games is the 3rd baseman threw an offline throw to 1st which pulled the 1st baseman off the bag and once he caught it he ran back to tag the bag and it was a bang bang play and the runner was called out, but when I went to the replay the runner was safe by half-a-step, so the umpires will occasionally make a bad call.  If anyone has any questions fire a way as I've got quite a few games under my belt besides the 2 I spoke of above.  I do know there is problem in franchise mode where if a player gets injured and put on the DL list the computer will send him down to the minors when he's healthy again but never call him back to the majors.  I simmed a franchine up to 2010 and in the 1st year Johnny Damon got hurt (60 day DL injury) and he got sent to the minors but in the year 2010 he was still in the minors even though the Yankees renewed his contract in 2009  icon_cry  One way to fix it may be to turn off injuries, but I haven't tested that yet.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2007, 02:00:35 PM »

Quote from: BuckeyeShane on March 01, 2007, 01:32:02 PM

Lockdown do you have that one option turned off, can't remember the exact name but always follow fielder or something like that.

Hmm...  I have changed that option at least 10 times back and forth, trying to decide if there is a difference worth mentioning/noticing.  But I honestly don't know where it was set for my first franchise game.  I will look when I get home.

As far as your other suggestions go, heck, I'll try anything at this point.  I'll stand on my head and eat cooked cabbage if you think that will help.   icon_wink

LD

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2007, 04:29:24 PM »

Anyone figured out a way to scale back the superhuman CPU fielding? JJ Hardy and Rickie Weeks are like friggin vacuum cleaners out there and its pissing me off. I have messed with the sliders but it doesn't seem to be working well enough.

godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2007, 09:41:30 PM »

People seem to be having some really good results with these sliders...

http://forums.operationsports.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=199687
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2007, 12:02:26 AM »

My God, I was there 40 times today...how did I miss them?

Thanks Godhugh, I will give them a shot.

godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2007, 12:50:35 PM »

NP, I'll be picking the game up this coming week so I'm curious to see what you think of them smile.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2007, 12:53:31 PM »

Due to certain "issues" with MLB 07: The Show - I had a chance to play this quite a bit more last night.  The entire time was spent playing 2-player with my nephew.  I tell you, I just can't get over how awesome the presentation of this game is.  Other than the dead crowds and at times dead announcing, the presentation is just flat amazing.

Also, although I find this a tad bizarre - I don't have camera/fielding issues when playing a two-player game on the same 360 unit.  I can't find any logical reason for this, but it certainly seems to be the case.

Also, just to follow up with Shane - it appears that my camera lock on player thing was ON when I played my first franchise game.  I will make absolutely sure it is OFF when I play my second game and let you know if I see a difference.  I'm not really expecting to, but you never know. 

Incidently, we both really tried getting used to the swingstick last night.  Man oh man, did we ever strike out a lot!   icon_smile

LD

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2007, 01:56:28 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on March 01, 2007, 04:28:10 AM

I'll be amazed if you find it "enjoyable", to be honest.

I just finished game 1 of my franchise.  Won the game 5-4, with Carlos Lee hitting a walk-off homerun to win the game at home.  That part was great.

Here's the disturbing thing:  Out of the 4 runs Oswalt gave up, 3 of them were due to fielding errors on my part due to the shitty camera angles mixed with the ball flat-out getting to places too fast off the bat.  These must be turbo-balls or something, cause they ain't Major League issued balls, that's for certain.

VERY frustrating part of an otherwise stellar game. 

Franchise is a very deep, well organized, fun-as-hell experience in 2k7 (despite it's apparent screwups, like any bb game franchise mode).  But the fielding is driving me up a wall.  Just when I think things are going o.k., turbo-ball or camera-from-hell strikes again.

What a shame.

I just watched a video on YOUTUBE  of MLB 07 The Show in action, and watching the fielding camera and overall speed of the game just makes me cry that 2k7 couldn't have copied it.

+1

This is a great game marred by a horrible fielding camera. I don't know how many times now I have lost a game due to not being able to see where the ball was. frown I LOVE everything else about this game though. It does so many other things right and the franchise mode is stellar. It's a shame that this game is so degraded with the camera issue.

I am eagerly awaiting MLB 07: The Show for the PS3 in April, cause this fielding camera is frustrating beyond belief!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2007, 02:54:04 PM »

Well... Bill Abner finally weighs in. 

I really do love this guy.

Link

LD

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2007, 03:40:17 PM »

Abner is fine, but honestly, I think he's being too harsh. He is right on with the price, but it's easy to understand why they charged $60, but with regards to some of the other issues, I think he is being a bit, just a bit, too critical. This might be phase one of a 3 year plan, but for the most part, I am happy with the game and think they are this close (holds fingers 2 inches apart) from really having a terrific title.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2007, 04:47:31 PM »

I agree he might be being a bit harsh.  But to be fair, those are obviously not thoughts based on deep play.  Bill usually digs in pretty extensive on bball titles, which he obviously hasn't had a chance to do yet with 2k7.

LD

fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2007, 09:06:44 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on March 02, 2007, 01:56:28 PM

This is a great game marred by a horrible fielding camera. I don't know how many times now I have lost a game due to not being able to see where the ball was. frown I LOVE everything else about this game though. It does so many other things right and the franchise mode is stellar. It's a shame that this game is so degraded with the camera issue.

Any chance of something like this being addressed in a patch or is that too extensive a change to download?

Quote from: Lockdown on March 02, 2007, 02:54:04 PM

Well... Bill Abner finally weighs in. 

Link

What are the major complaints about the franchise mode so far? I haven't gotten into it yet (only playing a couple of exhibition matches so far).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 09:11:46 PM by fyedaddy » Logged

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: