http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 10:48:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madden: PC or Xbox?  (Read 1349 times)
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2004, 03:11:07 PM »

More importantly, I'm already getting ESPN again this year as my primary football game.  

However I still enjoy Madden (well I didn't like last year's version)

I received a $15 coupon for my upcoming birthday next week from EA Store.  I can the PC version for $24 after the coupon, or get the Xbox version for $34 after the coupon.  

I've never owned madden on my xbox, because the PC looks a lot better.  But being able to play on Live is much simpler than the EA online crap that it is.  However ESPN is live enabled, and I can always rely on that.

Are there any significant differences from the PC to xbox besides graphics?  

I'm thinking of getting the xbox because the PC is selling for $39 and eventually it will go down to $29.  If I don't like the xbox I can always trade or sell it.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 03:29:39 PM »

I'd go with the Xbox version...then again, I haven't played a PC version of Madden in years.  I've always found the console versions of sports games like football and basketball control much better than on the PC.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 03:35:43 PM »

Although I haven't owned madden on the xbox, I've played it before, and I've always felt the PC version to be better.  But from what I'm hearing, both versions are pretty much the same as far as feature wise.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 04:29:59 PM »

I would rather have the PC version for mods and community projects, but the standard controls and ability to play from the comfort of my couch has me playing most of my sports games on the consoles.  The exception being the FIFA series because the community is behind those in such a big way and, IMHO, you miss to much if you're not playing on a PC.

The problem I forsee with Madden PC is the limited selection of gamepads/joysticks that are supported.  Anybody that tried to play MVP 2004 without the latest in gaming peripherals knows what I'm talking about.  I think there were less than a half-dozen devices officially supported.  There are some workarounds listed in the official forums to make other devices work, but they are not always effective.

If anybody plays with a keyboard then I bow to you!

The PC version has always looked better (on a good system), but the controls don't seem to stack up with the console.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 05:21:54 PM »

I never had any problems with the controls.  I had a MS Sidewinder that worked great before they introduced the analog features.  Then I bought the Logitech Dual Analog pad, and that turned out to be crapped, but Madden 2003 worked great on it.  When MVP 2004 came out the dual analogs started giving me trouble, turns out there's a known defect.  So I ended up getting a Saitek P800 and that worked great with MVP.  

I'm not worried with the controls.  Also my tv and xbox is in my room so I'll still be on my computer chair Tongue    

This will be my first year not buying madden for the PC.  I've owned Madden every year of it's existence on the PC.  I'm not sure why I'm buying ESPN and Madden, but because ESPN is so cheap, and with this coupon applying to Madden it's like getting 2 games for the price of 1.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: