http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 03:39:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madden 2k6  (Read 5438 times)
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2005, 02:43:17 AM »

I can't wait for this game.  Last years was great, and this looks even better with the new features they've added.
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 03:38:07 AM »

Ign gave it a mostly positive but slightly lukewarm 8.8.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 04:05:18 AM »

I really havent been impressed with a madden in a couple years. I might rent it, but I doubt I will buy until the 360 comes out.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 05:55:00 AM »

The Madden review from IGN didnt impress me at all, I think for the first time in about 10 years I'm not going to purchase it.  Maybe the XBOX 360 version will impress me more...  I guess this is what happens when there is only one NFL game in town.    

EA's gridiron is still great, but fails to outdo itself for the first time in recent years.

The headline of IGN's review.

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 05:59:27 AM »

and we all know how crappy IGN is
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005, 06:02:55 AM »

Quote from: "naednek"
and we all know how crappy IGN is

As true as that may be, an 8.8 from them is like a 6 or 7 from Gamespot.  Anyway, just sounds like not a lot has changed for the game this year and the precission passing sounds like more of a hassle then anything else.  I guess I will just wait and see what happens with other reviews.

The General
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 04:58:36 PM »

Well i got banned from gaming age for making my opinion on this game  :roll: , so i will keep it cool over here.

My opinion on madden:

" I do not like madden and to be honest, i dont see what all the hype is really about. The past games was the bomb, from madden 1992 on genesis - madden 1995 on genesis and madden 1996 on genesis, then comes madden 98 on psx which was cool, it was also cool on saturn and 3DO , well the best madden back in the day was madden on 3DO, that was cool "

" I own one madden game, and its madden 2002 on pc, it only cost me 1.49, so thats really the only reason why i bought the game and its pretty fun, but looking at madden 2002 to madden 2005, i really dont see a difference in gameplay or graphics. Features has change, but not gameplay or graphics. "

" Ever since i have been playing NFL2K on dreamcast, i really cant go back to madden like i did in the past before the NFL2K series. The 2K series is like a million times better then madden, in graphics and in gameplay, maybe not in features, but damn sure in graphics and overall fun. "

" So to end this, due to the nfl/madden deal, i am force to continue to enjoy NFL2K2(dreamcast), NFLFEVER2004(XBOX) which is a great game with alot of features, and NFL2K3 & NFL2K5(Xbox). So i am happy, i got my fav football games, i am picking up that midway football game tho, that should be good. But the madden series from my viewpoint, aint all that, wasting 50 or 60 bucks on the same game with same graphics, and same gameplay. I really do not care about the roster thing, and as for features, its not too good to make me go out and buy it. "

The football games on the next generation system dont make a big difference anyway, Oh WOW better graphics, i mean who cares. Of course madden is gonna look better on the new system's, but at this point is it really worth the money or the hype, when its really only one football game on the market for years to come. As a non-madden fan, i am Disgusted and i really wish this deal never happen.

Madden is alright, but it was alright in the past.

Why are you trying to make fun of me?
You think it's funny?
What the ____ you think you're doing to me?
You take your turn lashing out at me.
I want you crying with your dirty ass in front of me - K.O.R.N.

* The World Aint Knowing "
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2005, 06:26:49 PM »

Write this day down.

I agree completely with U2K!

But you all already knew that.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
The General
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2005, 07:15:39 PM »

Quote from: "Eco-Logic"
Write this day down.

I agree completely with U2K!

But you all already knew that.

Hold up,  you post on Gaming-age right? because i seen that quote in someone's sig when i made a thread over there about the dreamcast coming back in 2009 and when i made that thread about nfl 2k's series.  biggrin

Why are you trying to make fun of me?
You think it's funny?
What the ____ you think you're doing to me?
You take your turn lashing out at me.
I want you crying with your dirty ass in front of me - K.O.R.N.

* The World Aint Knowing "
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2005, 05:48:07 PM »

EB called yesterday and said I could pick up my copy at midnight tomorrow.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2005, 01:38:11 AM »

Possibly...OUT!!

I didn't like it last year and an 8.8 from IGN sounds like a 4.2 from other places (like the reviews from you guys).

Might wait until I hear more from in here or the 360 version.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2005, 04:59:40 PM »

I'd like to say I'll be able to hold off on getting it this year, or at least hold off on getting it until the 360 version comes out... but I'm probably going to get it sometime this week.

I'm a sucker for Pro Football.

gellar
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2005, 03:15:00 AM »

I will get it for 360.  Only because I am trading my system and wont have a football game.
Plus I will need some other sport game other than tiger woods.

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2005, 12:02:28 PM »

Gamespot reviewed it...

8.2 for the 'Box and PS2 versions
and an 8.1 for the superior 'Cube version.

EA had a chance to show they were going to do something with their exclusive rights to the NFL and they blew it.  Retarded.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2005, 12:36:08 PM »

Well, its officially shipped and should be available on every platform known to man.  We will know shortly, I imagine Loren will have his hands on this one pretty quicklike.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2005, 12:53:45 PM »

don't see how a "8.2" is considered blowing it.  As they have said many times before, next years version will have the changeover.  They were already too far into development when they acquired the NFL rights.  They added some stuff to this years, but next year you should see more of a change, with new NFL exclusive stuff, and the ESPN brand.

People bash Madden just for the sake of bashing, because it's made by EA.  Try the game before knocking it or praising it (yes I can take my own advice Tongue )
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2005, 01:54:53 PM »

I'm SHOCKED to see you defending Madden!!!  :wink:

I'm just scared because I thought last year sucked and it's getting worse reviews this year.

I'll find out for myself soon enough....

Nick Bean
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2005, 06:58:22 PM »

naednek I am going to have to disagree with you big time on this one. Although EA has certain way of putting out the same game over and over, Fight Night and Tiger Woods are amazing. People knock Madden because there have been better football games on the market since QB Club on the N64. When the 2K series started on Dreamcast, the fellas at EA really started looking stupid. Madden has been riding on its name for 10 years (97-06). People don't love the game, they love the name and guys on the cover. I did however buy Madden because those bastards gave me no other choice. I wish Visual Concepts would sign back on with EA and take the best from both games and turn Madden back in to the football Juggernaut it once was.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2005, 07:33:23 PM »

Quote from: "Nick Bean"
... People don't love the game, they love the name and guys on the cover...

I realize you are probably talking "the general sheep that buy the game" here...  but saying something like this in our sports forum is really opening yourself up for some lashback.  Just a fair warning.  Very very few people on our sports forum are sheep.  

Even the select few (Fox) that love the 400 year old, desperately in need of a complete re-tooling, Madden engine are more savvy then that.

Just an FYI.

LD  :wink:

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Nick Bean
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2005, 08:06:27 PM »

Yeah, no offense intended to anyone, it just seems to be the trend with the casual gamers. Ha, we are all sheep to something. I like Pokemon and I just can't explain it.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2005, 08:50:17 PM »

I love the Madden game because since 2004, it's been the best Pro Football game for me.  The engine needs work, but the game felt more complete than the ESPN 2k4 and 2k5 iterations.  I kept on waiting for ESPN to make the leap to the next level, but they never did.

I fully expect to be disappointed by Madden this year though.

gellar
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2005, 11:03:38 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
Gamespot reviewed it...

Huh?  How far you have fallen.  Even changed the avatar.  I think I need to call your parents.  Something is not right here.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2005, 02:07:01 AM »

One game in and I like it better than last year. Not sure I like the vision cone thing but running isn't impossible and there was some pretty accurate stats.

Beat Dallas 21-10. It was 14-10 in the 4th quarter and Drew threw a pick on my 10, then then they drove down inside my 20 with under a minute and Drew threw another pick that Dawkins returned for a TD to get the final score.

Drew with 2 picks at crucial moments in the game? I'd say that's pretty damn accurate!

Semaj

View Profile
lol
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2005, 03:22:50 AM »

Drew doesnt throw THAT many pics... He's No Jim Kelly...

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2005, 03:33:02 AM »

Quote from: "Devil"
One game in and I like it better than last year. Not sure I like the vision cone thing but running isn't impossible and there was some pretty accurate stats.

Beat Dallas 21-10. It was 14-10 in the 4th quarter and Drew threw a pick on my 10, then then they drove down inside my 20 with under a minute and Drew threw another pick that Dawkins returned for a TD to get the final score.

Drew with 2 picks at crucial moments in the game? I'd say that's pretty damn accurate!

Wow... that is pretty accurate.

gellar
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2005, 04:48:28 AM »

I might rent it before getting the 360 version...
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2005, 04:48:56 AM »

naednek I am going to have to disagree with you big time on this one. Although EA has certain way of putting out the same game over and over, Fight Night and Tiger Woods are amazing. People knock Madden because there have been better football games on the market since QB Club on the N64. When the 2K series started on Dreamcast, the fellas at EA really started looking stupid. Madden has been riding on its name for 10 years (97-06). People don't love the game, they love the name and guys on the cover. I did however buy Madden because those bastards gave me no other choice. I wish Visual Concepts would sign back on with EA and take the best from both games and turn Madden back in to the football Juggernaut it once was.

If you could combine ESPN and Madden then that would make a perfect football game.  ESPN was great for the atmosphere, Madden was great for gameplay.

I loved ESPN 2K4 over Madden 2k4.  ESPN 2K5 was purty, but it didn't play a good game of football, like the previous year.

So, I'm not incredibly biased, I've followed and played more of the Madden series than any other football games.  But to say nothing has changed from the previous years is a bit rediculous.  EA has always added  new features that changes the game from the previous year.  Madden isn't perfect, but overall it does a good job.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2005, 12:28:20 PM »

Drew doesnt throw THAT many pics

It's not so much the amount, but where and when he throws them.  biggrin

Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2005, 02:42:42 PM »

I probably will be picking this up today.  The last time I have bought a football game was a few years ago.  In that year, I bought NCAA 2003 and Madden 2003.   I loved both of them and played the heck out of them for years.  Hopefully the Madden 2006 will be a huge upgrade for me.  Will it be?
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2005, 06:15:59 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
Gamespot reviewed it...

EA had a chance to show they were going to do something with their exclusive rights to the NFL and they blew it.  Retarded.

Weeeellllllllll, from what I have heard there is official music from NFL Films in the game!  I guess that is a start...  :lol: Truthfully though, I expected they would do a little more with the license and I'm sure they will further down the road.  I saw a clip from the NFL Network on the making of Madden and they were talking about how they want to work closely with NFL Films to incorporate actual game sounds and more player specific movements into the game.  Of course, this was all for the next-gen systems.  They showed a little clip of what I am guessing was the Xbox 360 version, it showed a very realistic Shaun Alexander.  I think they should just sign visual concepts and have them handle the presentation while EA focuses mainly on gameplay.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2005, 03:47:22 PM »

Got it yesterday and played two preseason games last night.  I'm pretty impressed actually.  The game has a good flow to it, and the AI actually seems pretty smart.  The new animations are noticeable and pretty good.  I actually like the new presentation as well... some nice touches (but nowhere near ESPN caliber).  The new QB vision thing is well implemented, but takes a LOT of getting used to and makes the passing game much, much more challenging.

Overall, for a game I was expecting to be underwhelmed with, I'm really pleasantly surprised.

gellar
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2005, 09:31:11 PM »

I was trying to hold of until the xbox360 version, but I am bascially done with NCAA 2006 and I need a football game to play.  So it looks like I will probably be picking this up sometime soon.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2005, 11:54:36 AM »

Quote from: "naednek"

If you could combine ESPN and Madden then that would make a perfect football game.  ESPN was great for the atmosphere, Madden was great for gameplay.

I loved ESPN 2K4 over Madden 2k4.  ESPN 2K5 was purty, but it didn't play a good game of football, like the previous year.

So, I'm not incredibly biased, I've followed and played more of the Madden series than any other football games.  But to say nothing has changed from the previous years is a bit rediculous.  EA has always added  new features that changes the game from the previous year.  Madden isn't perfect, but overall it does a good job.

I pray that whenever another ESPN game is made they don't listen to you.  Madden shit doesn't belong anywhere near the ESPN football engine.  In fact that POS shouldn't even be put on the same shelf as ESPN.

Opening something up eh Lockdown?   I don't care!

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »

I pray that whenever another ESPN game is made they don't listen to you.  Madden shit doesn't belong anywhere near the ESPN football engine.  In fact that POS shouldn't even be put on the same shelf as ESPN.

What is the last Madden you have played?  Have you played this year's Madden?  To me it is hard to justify such blatant hatred unless you have played the game on which you are spouting hate (much like it is hard for people that rail against a book or movie to justify their point of view if they haven't read said book or seen said movie).  I'm not saying you haven't played it, I just need some background before your position is justified.  I also think this is the only area in gaming where you and I disagree.

There will be an ESPN game coming up...from EA next year (and for the next 15 years since EA has the ESPN license), so bottom line is that they certainly won't be listening to naednek's ideas.  I am also with naednek saying that the presentation was definitely on Visual Concepts side while the overall gameplay was on Madden's side.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2005, 02:04:03 PM »

Eco:  I would respond to this, except that I don't understand what you mean... sorry.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2005, 04:07:23 PM »

Uh...I guess I need to amp the difficulty level.  My first game after throwing a few hundred throws in practice ended 54 - 0.  My Raiders again the Patriots.  

Somehow I doubt the 5-12-0 Raiders are that 'good'.  I do like the precision passing though. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2005, 08:36:07 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
... People don't love the game, they love the name and guys on the cover...

I realize you are probably talking "the general sheep that buy the game" here...  but saying something like this in our sports forum is really opening yourself up for some lashback.  Just a fair warning.  Very very few people on our sports forum are sheep.  

Even the select few (Fox) that love the 400 year old, desperately in need of a complete re-tooling, Madden engine are more savvy then that.

Just an FYI.

LD  :wink:

Opening myself up is what I meant Lockdown.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2005, 03:14:49 AM »

Ohhhhhh...... I see.

Yes, but you don't really "count" Eco.  I mean you are even more biased than I am, which is almost hard to believe.  

I really don't think if you or I made that statement that anyone would take us seriously.  Nick is new to the site, so he still has credibility regarding console football views.

My guess is we are viewed as stone cold irrational due to the fact that we believe the Madden games to be a so incredibly inferior to the Visual Concepts games, that they borderline make a mockery of the game of american football.

The reason I don't normally respond to statements like this from Fox:  [I am also with naednek saying that the presentation was definitely on Visual Concepts side while the overall gameplay was on Madden's side] is simply because I can't even comprehend it.  It would be meaningless for me to respond to something that I just can't even fathom.  So I normally just read and wonder.

LD

LD

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2005, 03:31:26 AM »

I tried this out at my buddies EB the other day-played about two quarters. I dont have any real problem with the QB vision, although Steve McNair's seems too small-it is a bit tough to read your progressions, but I guess that is the point. Overall the game seemed like a slightly, slightly updated version of last years-I could tell a slight difference in the graphics, the gameplay felt a little smoother, defense and tackling were solid, running was fine, and the passing seemed ok. I wont buy it until 360, but it seems like fun.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2005, 04:25:08 AM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
The reason I don't normally respond to statements like this from Fox:  [I am also with naednek saying that the presentation was definitely on Visual Concepts side while the overall gameplay was on Madden's side] is simply because I can't even comprehend it.  It would be meaningless for me to respond to something that I just can't even fathom.  So I normally just read and wonder.

I have no problem with you responding as long as you've played both games.  My big problem is with people who default to ESPN being the best and not having played Madden or played it a little bit and tossed it aside.  I played a lot of both last year and I stand by my statement.  Both games were excellent, both games could be had for $70 when they first came out as well.

I love the 2K series, played it since it first appeared on Dreamcast and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.  I've also played Madden since it first came out.  Since 2K came out I've bought both every year and enjoyed both.  I just think the gameplay is more reactionary to the the player in Madden than in the last ESPN...it's just my opinion and I'm sure others have a different one, all I ask is that the person forming the opinion has had plenty of time with each game.

I'm sorry I get so defensive about Madden, but I think it gets dealt a bad hand by a lot of people or people don't give it enough time to form a valid opinion about it.  I also think it's all the rage to rail against EA and Madden...everyone's doing it, why not join in?  I'm just a quiet voice that tends to side with THE MAN (EA) on different things here and there.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: