http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 09:20:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lunar game in the works for the DS  (Read 773 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2005, 07:23:21 AM »

According to RPGamer, a game called Lunar Genesis is in the works for the DS.  I loved Lunar : Silver Star Story, and Eternal Blue to a lesser extent, so I would love to see another game in the series.  This good news almost makes up for the bad news that Phantasy Star Universe is going to be a sequel to the PS Online games, rather than the original RPGs frown

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 08:17:06 PM »

I've always heard a lot of good stuff about the Lunar series, but I've never actually seen or played one.  What game or gametype would it be most comparable to?

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 06:37:52 AM »

I'd say they're most like the early Final Fantasy games, with your party on one side and the enemy on the other in turn-based battles.  They're best known for their nice and numerous anime cutscenes and endearing characters.  The graphics are simple SNES quality, but still charming.  They're definitely worth playing, and I see them fairly often at used game stores, so they're probably not that rare.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
depward

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 07:33:07 AM »

Quote from: "EddieA"
I'd say they're most like the early Final Fantasy games, with your party on one side and the enemy on the other in turn-based battles.  They're best known for their nice and numerous anime cutscenes and endearing characters.  The graphics are simple SNES quality, but still charming.  They're definitely worth playing, and I see them fairly often at used game stores, so they're probably not that rare.

I have a hard time locating them at local game stores!  I've always wanted to play either title on the psx, and I feel ashamed for having not played them and calling myself an RPG junkie   biggrin

Someday, though, I'll submit that bid on ebay to get a copy.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 12:51:18 AM »

Quote from: "depward"
I have a hard time locating them at local game stores!  I've always wanted to play either title on the psx, and I feel ashamed for having not played them and calling myself an RPG junkie   biggrin

And odds are you'll pay full price for them on eBay, whenever you do place that bid. biggrin

Ah, eBay...I remember seeing the prices for the Sega CD versions remain at retail (if not more) for years after they came out.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
depward

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 01:22:41 AM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
Quote from: "depward"

And odds are you'll pay full price for them on eBay, whenever you do place that bid. biggrin

Ah, eBay...I remember seeing the prices for the Sega CD versions remain at retail (if not more) for years after they came out.

Heh no doubt.  After scavenging around the psx collections at game stores around here for some time and waiting for so long to get a game . . . I usually resort to breaking down and then purchasing it on Ebay.  The good thing is - I can usually sell it for possibly a couple of bucks more when I finished, which is nice   biggrin

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: